View Full Version : Just watched the fight again 2 times in a row(sound off) and...

SkillspayBills
02-26-2012, 04:29 PM
......No hovering get in the thread! thank you very much

Bendo wins 4-1 each time.

He gets the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th rounds. 2nd and 3rd rounds are EXTREMELY CLOSE though so I understand why people may have it a bit differently. TD's to me don't mean **** if you don't do any damage and damage is the reason I gave the 2nd and 4th to Bendo. I also find it hilarious that Bendo's trainer, before the start of the 5th round, goes "Do you have 5 good minutes?" and Bendo gives him the lemon juice face and says "I got 15!"

These two guys gave it their all though and I would love for a rematch eventually.

kaps
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
I had Edgar winning round 1 pretty clearly. I also gave Edgar round 5. 3-4 I gave to Bendo. Round 2 is really the question IMO. It was pretty much Edgar's round until the end, where Bendo did some serious damage and stole it. I thought every round was closer than you guys make it out to be though. Far from the one sided beat down I expected by reading the comments on here....

UglyPug
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I had Edgar winning round 1 pretty clearly. I also gave Edgar round 5. 3-4 I gave to Bendo. Round 2 is really the question IMO. It was pretty much Edgar's round until the end, where Bendo did some serious damage and stole it. I thought every round was closer than you guys make it out to be though. Far from the one sided beat down I expected by reading the comments on here....

This. . . Agree 100%. . . Very, very close fight. . . Rematch should happen next. . Edgar definitely deserves one, and if Bendo is the type of fighter I think he is, he'll hvae no problem granting one.

kaps
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
This. . . Agree 100%. . . Very, very close fight. . . Rematch should happen next. . Edgar definitely deserves one, and if Bendo is the type of fighter I think he is, he'll hvae no problem granting one.

I really don't think Bendo would have a problem with it either. I think he knows it was a close fight too....

ƒallenloki
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM
I had it E/H/H/H/H.

Like I said in another thread, Edgar got knocked down too many times and I think that really sealed the close rounds for Bendo.

I thought he had 5 in the bag until he almost got KTFO.

F l i c k e r
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I had it E/H/H/H/H.

Like I said in another thread, Edgar got knocked down too many times and I think that really sealed the close rounds for Bendo.

I thought he had 5 in the bag until he almost got KTFO.

^^^ This.

Edgar won the first but Bendo took everything else.

Even when he catches his kick, look real closely at the exchanges. Edgar really didn't land anything, while Bendo was taking off on his face with only one foot on the ground. Then the crippling upkick, you could even score that 10-8 round.

Also, I hope you guys weren't scoring Bendo's slips as knockdowns. :lol1:

RIZO24
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I had Edgar winnng just round 1. I mean Edgar did land more strikes but they had no affect. Henderson landed all the powerful and damaging strikes, plus he was the aggressor an caused damages while making the fight. I dont think three is a need for a rematch. IMO Pettis should get the next shot and the winner of Diaz VS Miller gets the next title shot after that. Maybe Edgar can fight Maynard again, I mean they both got a win against each other and a draw.

SkillspayBills
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM

Clearly? Edgar did nothing in round 1 to make me think he won. Bendo landed much more significant blows and catching a kick and checking it is two different things. That kick LANDS and then you catch it. You knew it was landing because by the 4th round they were telling Frankie not to catch it anymore. Round 2 was close as well, then leaned Edgar and that upkick was like a KD in boxing. You land it, you win the round. Round 3 seemed to clearly be an Edgar round. He landed more significant blows and Bendo never did anything to change my mind.
It was far from a one sided beating but Bendo got 4 rounds. Round 5 I gave to Bendo because it was even, they traded some big shots but that double knee and then getting the guillotine choke at the end sealed the round for Bendo.

kaps
02-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Clearly? Edgar did nothing in round 1 to make me think he won. Bendo landed much more significant blows and catching a kick and checking it is two different things. That kick LANDS and then you catch it. You knew it was landing because by the 4th round they were telling Frankie not to catch it anymore. Round 2 was close as well, then leaned Edgar and that upkick was like a KD in boxing. You land it, you win the round. Round 3 seemed to clearly be an Edgar round. He landed more significant blows and Bendo never did anything to change my mind.
It was far from a one sided beating but Bendo got 4 rounds. Round 5 I gave to Bendo because it was even, they traded some big shots but that double knee and then getting the guillotine choke at the end sealed the round for Bendo.

He countered and landed way more than Bendo in the first round, not to mention he tossed him on his ass 3 times. I think there is more Edgar hate going on than anything else. I'm not really a big fan of either but I don't have any idea how you can watch this fight objectively and see it like you're describing. As far as round 2 goes that was all Edgar too until the final 30 seconds. I gave Bendo the steal on that round for almost finishing it at the end and doing more damage. But the rest of the round looked like round 1 with Edgar moving in and out landing more and cleaner shots....

kaps
02-26-2012, 08:57 PM
^^^ This.

Even when he catches his kick, look real closely at the exchanges. Edgar really didn't land anything, while Bendo was taking off on his face with only one foot on the ground. Then the crippling upkick, you could even score that 10-8 round.

I don't even know how that's close to a 10-8 round. Edgar was in control of the entire round save for the last 30 seconds or so. I can see giving it 10-9 to either fighter but I gave it to Bendo for doing more damage and stealing the round....

UglyPug
02-26-2012, 08:59 PM
^^^ This.

Bendo did get knocked down in the 5th round by a straight right hand. . . That wasn't a slip at all. . But yeah, all the others were slips.

F l i c k e r
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't even know how that's close to a 10-8 round. Edgar was in control of the entire round save for the last 30 seconds or so. I can see giving it 10-9 to either fighter but I gave it to Bendo for doing more damage and stealing the round....

That's fine too, I was just saying that you could count it as so because Edgar was almost put away.

I didn't see it as a close fight though. Edgar can land all he wants but if Bendo is landing as well and doing much more obvious damage, then Bendo takes the round. It'd be different if Edgar was landing, not damaging but Bendo wasn't landing anything at the same time.

Bendo did get knocked down in the 5th round by a straight right hand. . . That wasn't a slip at all. . But yeah, all the others were slips.

True, I don't argue against that but he stole that round with the guillotine attempt that flipped Edgar over and then proceeded to mount and pound away till the bell.

But I was just hoping in general that people weren't counting the slips as knockdowns. Kinda silly if they were.

SkillspayBills
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
If we are landing equally (stats show Hendo actually landed much more than Edgar) but my punches are doing much more DAMAGE than yours I win the round. I don't know what "in control" of a round means if we are both standing up and trading blows every now and then. That kick is like a KD in boxing, solidified a VERY CLOSE round for Hendo.

- v e t -
02-27-2012, 12:10 AM
......No hovering get in the thread! thank you very much

you dickhead.... i entered but out of spite im not reading any further :) :)

kaps
02-27-2012, 12:41 AM
If we are landing equally (stats show Hendo actually landed much more than Edgar) but my punches are doing much more DAMAGE than yours I win the round. I don't know what "in control" of a round means if we are both standing up and trading blows every now and then. That kick is like a KD in boxing, solidified a VERY CLOSE round for Hendo.

Edgar landed more strikes to the head in the first round....