View Full Version : Frankie Edgar won that freaking fight!

Mohammedini
02-26-2012, 02:23 AM
So fuc'king pissed right now

iLovesoccermoms
02-26-2012, 02:25 AM
how?

based on take downs?

SkillspayBills
02-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Bendo looks like a went for a 5 mile run on the beach. Frankie looks like he went for a 5 mile run............through hell.......and then one more mile through a meat grinder.

RIZO24
02-26-2012, 02:36 AM
Henderson clearly won!! Hell I thought BJ Penn beat Edgar in their fist fight so Edgar better not be whining!!!

Clegg
02-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Didn't Jodie Foster's baby come about because of a sperm donor? Which is a pretty non-slutty method of conception.

Mohammedini
02-26-2012, 02:42 AM
OFc people talk about how Fresh ben Henderson looked.
That is not something you should score after.
It's 7:42 am in the morning where I am.

I will break the fight down after I get some sleep

Sn1
02-26-2012, 02:43 AM
wow nuthugging never ceases to amaze me.

Edgar did his best but Benson had an answer for everything and did superior damage in almost every round. edgar scored some takedowns, ate elbows, attempted no real submissions and couldn't stop henderson getting back up. thats pretty much edgars only "point" scoring because he got outstruck with harder shots all night.

kaps
02-26-2012, 02:44 AM
I've seen this a lot on other forums. I haven't seen the fight yet though because I was at work.....

F l i c k e r
02-26-2012, 02:50 AM
I've seen this a lot on other forums. I haven't seen the fight yet though because I was at work.....

Benson beat the living hell out of Frankie.

Remember Kampann-Sanchez? Well, this was like that but the only thing messed up on Benson was his hair and he didn't get robbed.

kaps
02-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Benson beat the living hell out of Frankie.

Remember Kampann-Sanchez? Well, this was like that but the only thing messed up on Benson was his hair and he didn't get robbed.

My bro said Benson won too. Maybe it's time for Edgar to drop and fight Aldo?

SkillspayBills
02-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Edgar vs Aldo makes my dick hard. That is an absolute dream fight. I think Edgar gives it one more shot at 155 before that though.

F l i c k e r
02-26-2012, 02:55 AM
My bro said Benson won too. Maybe it's time for Edgar to drop and fight Aldo?

That's what Rogan suggested. To be honest, he can still compete at 155 but he was completely out classed by Bendo. He just couldn't hurt him at all, Bendo was just shrugging off his punches like candy.

kaps
02-26-2012, 03:10 AM
That's what Rogan suggested. To be honest, he can still compete at 155 but he was completely out classed by Bendo. He just couldn't hurt him at all, Bendo was just shrugging off his punches like candy.

He doesn't really have ko power at 155 though. He had to punch Maynard 100 times to make him fall....

ƒallenloki
02-26-2012, 05:21 AM
I thought it was pretty damn clear that Ben Henderson won. I can see the talking points, some takedowns, minimal striking advantage.

I think the real difference was the two or three clean knockdowns that Henderson scored.

I scored the first for Edgar and the rest for Bendo. He had the 5th round won IMO, but he almost got put out at the end.

Shabba Rank$
02-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Ben Henderson coulda gone 15 more minutes...

Sn1
02-26-2012, 06:17 AM
funny that so many fighters saying this was one of worst robberies they ever seen. just goes to show that professional fighters are just as bias and retarded as your average Joe.

wanting Edgar to win doesn't mean he wins if fight goes the distance. even Edgar catching Hendersons kicks went in Ben's favour, that right hook counter he had ready was awesome.just seen the fightmetric stats too,Henderson won 5/6 of the scoring categories and as Frankieh only took advantage of one takedown, got owned all night long. Edgar will be back, he still did great.

Virgil Caine
02-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Henderson clearly won, not the least bit a robbery.

Akiyama-Shields you could have an argument (not a robbery, a close fight, but how all three judges had it 30-27 is a mystery to me. No way Shields won round 1.)

Mersey
02-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Either man could have walked away with the belt after that fight. It was a really close fight.

Sn1
02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Either man could have walked away with the belt after that fight. It was a really close fight.can you explain how? [it was close]

cause most of us scored it 4-1 Benson.

MARKBNLV
02-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I thought Edgar won 125 but there was not a robbery close points fight.

DeltaSigChi4
02-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Is this a joke/troll post?

E

kaps
02-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Apparently not. After watching the fight, I felt Bendo won, but a lot of people, including Uncle Dana seen it differently.....

Shabba Rank$
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Apparently not. After watching the fight, I felt Bendo won, but a lot of people, including Uncle Dana seen it differently.....

I don't see how.

If anything I could give Frankie one round.

Mersey
02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
can you explain how? [it was close]

cause most of us scored it 4-1 Benson.

I've only watched it the once. It's obvious that Bendo did the most damage and comparing their faces after the fight most people would think Bendo won.

But I noticed Frankie out landed Bendo and landed the more take downs etc. Which in a lot of peoples eyes means Frankie should have won.

I agree with the decision but I wouldn't be surprised if Frankie got the decision. It would be slightly controversial whichever way it went.

UglyPug
02-26-2012, 06:13 PM
The way MMA is scored, it doesn't matter who "did the most damage" overall, it's scored on a round by round basis, based on certain subjective criteria. . KEY WORD: SUBJECTIVE. . .

Personally, I don't have a problem with the decision, but I thought that Edgar nicked it. . . I had it 3-2 Edgar. . But whatever, no problem. . Henderson fought his ass off, and fought a hell of a fight. . .

Edgar deserves a rematch, though. . . I wonder what Henderson rehydrated too? He looked like he had about 20 pounds on lil edgar. . .

Sn1
02-26-2012, 08:56 PM
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/henderson-vs-edgar-official-ufc.html

Edgar got 5 takedowns and was given round 1. Henderson swept the rest, only losing out on leg kicks. Edgar did not outstrike him.

jaded
02-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I thought Edgar was doing a better job than I expected given the size disadvantage...but lost the last 3 rounds. At end of the fight he was a beaten up guy and looked it...Benson didn't have a scratch on him and was fresh as could be. Couldn't have gone to Edgar by any stretch.

King Ju-Ju
02-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Get outta here with this bull*****!!!!! Frankie Edgar is good dude, great fighter but got taken to the wood shed like he was being a bad boy at school. Smooth beat the hell outta him.

kaps
02-27-2012, 05:14 PM
You guys must of watched a different fight then I did. While I gave Benson the decision it was so far from a one sided beating that I don't even know how you can come up with this ****. Also, face damage doesn't count for **** when a fight is scored round by round. You can damage someones face badly in the first round then lose the rest of the rounds. Look at Penn vs GSP 1. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but just because one guy or the other looks more beat up doesn't necessarily mean he lost the fight....

F l i c k e r
02-27-2012, 05:36 PM
You guys must of watched a different fight then I did. While I gave Benson the decision it was so far from a one sided beating that I don't even know how you can come up with this ****. Also, face damage doesn't count for **** when a fight is scored round by round. You can damage someones face badly in the first round then lose the rest of the rounds. Look at Penn vs GSP 1. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but just because one guy or the other looks more beat up doesn't necessarily mean he lost the fight....

True but that isn't the case for this fight. It was pretty obvious Bendo did much more to win the fight than Edgar did.

I really don't see a close fight. If you counted catching kicks as good performance, maybe I can see it then. But I counted catching those kicks as damaging because they landed first and then on the pull back, Edgar caught them. And even then, he could never do anything with the caught leg. Bendo either punches his face (longer reach) or Edgar let go. :dunno:

Virgil Caine
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
The fight I saw was Edgar not getting much going early, and Ben doing a lot well.

Edgar came on better in the later rounds, but wasn't doing enough to get the nod in any of them imo.

kaps
02-27-2012, 06:08 PM
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=fightmetric-bendo-02-26-12-7-57-59-343.png

Check it out dude, the stats are right here, while Bendo did out land Frankie it wasn't by that much. 20 punches or so thru the entire fight. 19 more head punches, 5 more body punches, and 5 less kicks. Add in Frankies 5 takedowns to Bendo's 1. It was closer than you think. Watch it again man...

kaps
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Also shows that Edgar landed more Head power and Leg power shots, Bendo got him with the Body Power and head jabs though...

F l i c k e r
02-27-2012, 06:11 PM
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=fightmetric-bendo-02-26-12-7-57-59-343.png

Check it out dude, the stats are right here, while Bendo did out land Frankie it wasn't by that much. 20 punches or so thru the entire fight. 19 more head punches, 5 more body punches, and 5 less kicks. Add in Frankies 5 takedowns to Bendo's 1. It was closer than you think. Watch it again man...

I'll watch it again.

But like I said, normally the 'damage' factor isn't the end all be all. But for this fight, like you said, they had similar outputs... Now you consider the damage and it's a no brainer who won the fight. Similar output but one guy has leaking nose and one eye. While the other guy looked like went for a brisk run. :dunno:

kaps
02-27-2012, 06:14 PM
I'll watch it again.

But like I said, normally the 'damage' factor isn't the end all be all. But for this fight, like you said, they had similar outputs... Now you consider the damage and it's a no brainer who won the fight. Similar output but one guy has leaking nose and one eye. While the other guy looked like went for a brisk run. :dunno:

I think Bendo won too man, I'm not arguing that. But considering the stats and by watching it a couple times, it wasn't a runaway fight, it was close and competitive even though Frankie had 1 eye from round 2 on, which makes how close it was even more impressive IMO....

F l i c k e r
02-27-2012, 06:17 PM
I think Bendo won too man, I'm not arguing that. But considering the stats and by watching it a couple times, it wasn't a runaway fight, it was close and competitive even though Frankie had 1 eye from round 2 on, which makes how close it was even more impressive IMO....

I see what you mean. I still think it was a unanimous decision though. It wasn't a one sided beat down but at the same time I don't think the scorecard should be split. It was pretty unanimous, 1 to 4 from me. A competitive fight for sure.

kaps
02-27-2012, 06:22 PM
This is a one sided beatdown...

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3703

jaded
02-28-2012, 10:42 PM
I thought Edgar won the 1st round and looked really impressive. I also thought he was winning the 2nd round until that up-kick to his nose which was completely brutal and might have been enough alone to make it a Benson round for some judges or to have made it an even round to others. Regardless it changed the pace of the fight and it was Benson from that point on even it you gave the 2nd round to Edgar. Like I said...Edgar got beaten up...Benson didn't even look like he had been in a fight.

kaps
02-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I thought Edgar won the 1st round and looked really impressive. I also thought he was winning the 2nd round until that up-kick to his nose which was completely brutal and might have been enough alone to make it a Benson round for some judges or to have made it an even round to others. Regardless it changed the pace of the fight and it was Benson from that point on even it you gave the 2nd round to Edgar. Like I said...Edgar got beaten up...Benson didn't even look like he had been in a fight.

Which means nothing when a fight is scored round by round...

MARKBNLV
02-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Must be nice beating a guy 15 pds smaller then you,when will they change the archaic weight cutting sht,if you walk around at 185 fight at 185.

MARKBNLV
02-29-2012, 12:58 AM

Frankie was winning early and middle rds if you score every min the same i had Frankie edging it out,i am completely fine with a Bendo win there even if the guy should be at ww.

Virgil Caine
02-29-2012, 03:03 AM
Must be nice beating a guy 15 pds smaller then you,when will they change the archaic weight cutting sht,if you walk around at 185 fight at 185.

Weight cutting is a part of combat sports, all of them.

jaded
02-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Which means nothing when a fight is scored round by round...

I disagree and had Benson winning at least 3 rounds regardless. How did you see it?

kaps
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
I disagree and had Benson winning at least 3 rounds regardless. How did you see it?

I had Benson winning 3 rounds as well, but UFC fights are not scored by overall damage like Pride fights where, they are scored round by round. Which means a guy can get marked up horribly in the first round, and win the rest of the rounds on points and be declared the winner. Check out Penn vs GSP 1. Penn busted GSP up pretty bad in the first round but was taken down and pointed for the next 2. After the fight GSP looked the worst but the fight was scored 29-28 in his favor because it's scored on a 10 must round by round basis...

shadyivlife
02-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Close fight. Thought Edgar edged it out even tho Benson looked prettier after the fight.

Virgil Caine
02-29-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't have time to watch the fight again (almost want to now, but I'm traveling tomorrow and won't have a chance for a while), but when I was watching the fight I didn't think it was even close really.

I was actually pulling for Edgar a little, honestly Henderson sort of rubs me the wrong way with his whole god thing, but when I was watching the fight, it seemed to me like Henderson was pretty much doing what he wanted with Edgar. Sure Edgar landed his fair share of shots, but they didn't have nearly the same effect as Henderson's (and this is born out in the after-fight apperances of each guy).

I was surprized that it was a controversial fight. But, this is just one man's opinion.

DeltaSigChi4
02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Subjectively speaking, one has to be a complete ****ing imbecile to believe that Frankie Edgar won his fight against Benson Henderson. A complete ****ing imbecile.

E

kaps
02-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Subjectively speaking, one has to be a complete ****ing imbecile to believe that Frankie Edgar won his fight against Benson Henderson. A complete ****ing imbecile.

E

Right, because the stats show that it was a one sided beating. Oh wait, they show that Bendo only landed 19 more strikes thruout the fight. The only reason I gave the fight to Bendo is because I think he stole Round 2. Quit being a moron.....

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Is this amateur boxing, ****stick? Oh no: it is PROFESSIONAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Who the **** cares how many times one guy slaps another except amateur boxing fans? Damage, mother****er. Damage. Edgar did none. In sum - **** you, idiot; you do not know a damn thing about judging. And you are a tool.

E

kaps
03-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Is this amateur boxing, ****stick? Oh no: it is PROFESSIONAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Who the **** cares how many times one guy slaps another except amateur boxing fans? Damage, mother****er. Damage. Edgar did none. In sum - **** you, idiot; you do not know a damn thing about judging. And you are a tool.

E

Actually the stats show Frankie landed more power shots to the head, and unfortunately, fights are scored on a round by round basis. All the damage was done in the 2nd round which means there are 4 more rounds to score separately. Apparently you're the one that doesn't know a damn thing about judging.....

DeltaSigChi4
03-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Yep; all "power shots" to the head were made equal. If you believe Edgar won the "power shots" category, and you have some sort of say/pull on this subforum, I feel real bad for this place (being that you are a complete imbecile that does know **** about Mixed Martial Arts). You do not know anything about the sport of MMA, and you like to argue/troll users just for the sake of arguing, especially since you have already stated that you scored the fight for Benson Henderson (but hey, Edgar landed more power shots to the head, and only lost because Henderson "stole" one round; forget the fact that the judges had it overwhelming for Henderson, and so did anyone else with a brain).

In sum - you will be memorizing fightmetric stats, while I will someday be actually judging fights. And this weekend, you will be crying and crying and crying about someone banning me from this forum, while I will be in Arizona competing at the same promotion Lightweight Champion Benson Henderson has competed at and may very well be at this weekend as well.

E

King Ju-Ju
03-01-2012, 05:24 AM
Smooth won that fight. Get over it guys. Frankie is a good dude but let's be real. There's NO way he won on Saturday night.

kaps
03-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Yep; all "power shots" to the head were made equal. If you believe Edgar won the "power shots" category, and you have some sort of say/pull on this subforum, I feel real bad for this place (being that you are a complete imbecile that does know **** about Mixed Martial Arts). You do not know anything about the sport of MMA, and you like to argue/troll users just for the sake of arguing, especially since you have already stated that you scored the fight for Benson Henderson (but hey, Edgar landed more power shots to the head, and only lost because Henderson "stole" one round; forget the fact that the judges had it overwhelming for Henderson, and so did anyone else with a brain).

49-46, 49-46, and 48-47. All judges giving Edgar the first as I did, and the 3rd scored the entire fight exactly the same way I did. Edgar was absolutely winning the second round until the end, when Benson landed the most significant strikes of the fight, almost putting Edgar away and stealing the round. Overwhelmingly had it for Bendo? No 10-8 rounds in there anywhere.

In sum - you will be memorizing fightmetric stats, while I will someday be actually judging fights. And this weekend, you will be crying and crying and crying about someone banning me from this forum, while I will be in Arizona competing at the same promotion Lightweight Champion Benson Henderson has competed at and may very well be at this weekend as well.

E

Pretty cool that you'll be judging fights, good news for Cecil Peoples, he might not be the worst judge ever anymore. This weekend I'll be coaching the wrestling team I assist with at a tournament. Benson will probably be at the AZ open. He was at the 5th and 6th. Two quick questions Edwin, how come whenever someone disagrees with you you have to result to name calling and why do jiu jitsu practitioners all think that they are "fighters"?....

kaps
03-01-2012, 05:39 AM
Smooth won that fight. Get over it guys. Frankie is a good dude but let's be real. There's NO way he won on Saturday night.

I never said he didn't win bro, just said the fight was closer than a lot of people try and make it sound....

crillz
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I have to watch the fight again but I remember feeling like Frankie Edgar pulled it out, I remember feeling a big feeling of disappointment when they announced Benson won because Frankie statistically had that fight won, he took him down more and he did everything to me in terms of MMA criteria to win that fight.

I like Benson as a champion to be honest he is a great guy to be UFC Champion, he has all the criteria to be a long lasting one too I have much much respect for Benson but me as an observer only once of this fight, going only by the one time I saw it I feel like Frankie pulled it. nothing against Bendo I just feel like Frankie pulled it off. I'm going to re-watch/analyze this fight again

SkillspayBills
03-01-2012, 09:54 PM
49-46, 49-46, and 48-47. All judges giving Edgar the first as I did, and the 3rd scored the entire fight exactly the same way I did. Edgar was absolutely winning the second round until the end, when Benson landed the most significant strikes of the fight, almost putting Edgar away and stealing the round. Overwhelmingly had it for Bendo? No 10-8 rounds in there anywhere.

Pretty cool that you'll be judging fights, good news for Cecil Peoples, he might not be the worst judge ever anymore. This weekend I'll be coaching the wrestling team I assist with at a tournament. Benson will probably be at the AZ open. He was at the 5th and 6th. Two quick questions Edwin, how come whenever someone disagrees with you you have to result to name calling and why do jiu jitsu practitioners all think that they are "fighters"?....

I didn't know what 4 minutes of back and forth standup with noone gaining a real advantage equaling "Absolutely winning a round"

kaps
03-02-2012, 02:28 AM
I didn't know what 4 minutes of back and forth standup with noone gaining a real advantage equaling "Absolutely winning a round"

The takedown and the ground n pound? He was winning the round until the upkick. It was pretty much the first round all over again except he only dumped Bendo on his ass once.....

Virgil Caine
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM

E

This is E's best ever post.

Amen to MMA Kamisama.

Virgil Caine
03-02-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't know what fight people watched.

People are just biased for Frankie Edward, for some reason.

Henderson beat him up through the entire fight.

Blackfoot
03-02-2012, 07:46 PM
People are getting too emotianal about this. A lot of the members who disagree with the decision are old school PRIDE fans. Think about how the fights should be judged, by who whooped the other person's ass. Frankie is a badass and I was pulling for him the entire fight, David and Goliath style, but he got his ass whooped. He will never be put away, not even a massive Henderson could do it, but Frankie lost their fight.

kaps
03-03-2012, 02:48 AM
I don't really care for Frankie or Bendo, I'm just confused as how people didn't think this was a close fight....