View Full Version : Mike Weaver vs Carl Williams.

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 08:43 AM
What a knockout, the first knockdown was insane!
Also watched Holyfield vs Dokes which was awesome, made me a Dokes fan. FULL FIGHT is on youtube which is handy.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ydBQoKgbuKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cloud
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
I always liked Mike Weaver.

Heart of a lion.

The Surgeon
02-25-2012, 08:54 AM
That was actually the first time id seen that, thank Barn, Dokes vs Holy is a classic though!

What stood out even more than that incredible first KD was the Gayness of Weaver's celebration.... :greddy2:

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
That was actually the first time id seen that, thank Barn, Dokes vs Holy is a classic though!

What stood out even more than that incredible first KD was the Gayness of Weaver's celebration.... :greddy2:
h8rs gonna h8.

Yeah I really enjoyed Dokes vs Holyfield. Past prime Dokes who had lost his handspeed and head movement still put on a very impressive performance and excellent show. Damn he was determined not to get knocked out at the end when he was wobbled. Throwing hayemaker lefts while stumbling around. Great fighter.

Speaking of Dokes what do you guys think of the Weaver stoppage, although it was in light of the Kim fight I think it was still ridiculously early.

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Mike Weaver earned his name Hercules though, look at his physique aged 33.

Cloud
02-25-2012, 10:12 AM
Mike Weaver earned his name Hercules though, look at his physique aged 33.

First thing I noticed was his back and shoulders. What a huge man.

Ali or Norton gave him the nickname ''Hercules'' in sparring I believe because of his muscular body.

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 10:49 AM
First thing I noticed was his back and shoulders. What a huge man.

Ali or Norton gave him the nickname ''Hercules'' in sparring I believe because of his muscular body.
Din't know that but out of those two names I would guess Norton as he was already known as the Black Hercules but, then again Ali fought Norton and might have thought they looked awfully similar when sparring. Who knows.

TBear
02-25-2012, 05:08 PM
I grew to really like Weaver through his career. He definitely worked his way to the top and nothing came easy, nothing was given to him. I still remember jumping up and yelling the night he iced Big John.

them_apples
02-25-2012, 11:28 PM
woo hell of a knockout

Ziggy Stardust
02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
What a knockout, the first knockdown was insane!
Also watched Holyfield vs Dokes which was awesome, made me a Dokes fan. FULL FIGHT is on youtube which is handy.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ydBQoKgbuKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beautiful left hook for that first KD :boxing:

Poet

Scott9945
02-26-2012, 12:06 AM
I remember watching this fight on live TV. Williams was a solid favorite after almost beating Holmes and then beating an undefeated Jesse Ferguson on national TV. Thanks for posting this.

DarkTerror88
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
That first left hook from Weaver that caused the first knockdown was a thing of beauty. I could watch that punch all day long.

Good find Barn, thanks for sharing.

Rossman
02-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Williams should have just tried to win with the jab, instead of trying to knockout a hard puncher.

tenPt
02-26-2012, 03:57 AM
Williams should have just tried to win with the jab, instead of trying to knockout a hard puncher.

Mike Weaver made the same mistake in his next fight against Bonecrusher Smith.