View Full Version : Prime Tyson & Frazier had the best chance to beat a Prime Ali

Baddest man on da planet
11-24-2005, 11:15 AM
i was jus watching ali vs Cleveland Williams amd it looks like frazier could beat him and if frazier can so can tyson cause tyson is a stronger and faster version of frazier.

Heckler
11-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Tyson is also a more stupid, psychotic version of frazier... and hence he wouldn't have a chance against someone with the ringsmarts and mental capacity of Ali.... and Ali destroyed Williams, why did that fight inspire you to say this... wouldn't it be Ali-frazier 1?

Baddest man on da planet
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
im talking prime tyson. and he was better than frazier in at everything except heart....

Imira
11-24-2005, 05:34 PM
I would give Tyson the edge on footspeed over Frazier. Handspeed, punching power, footwork and chin...their about even. Heart, will and stamina go to Frazier.

That being said, I really can't see any version of Tyson defeating Ali. Period. Tyson couldn't stick to his gameplan when he was frustrated, and he has been frustrated many times in his prime.
Getting frustrated and swinging wildly against Ali would be a deathwish.

Skydog
11-25-2005, 03:25 AM
Come on, Frazier's left hook is harder than any of Tyson's punches. Stamina, will, and chin go to Frazier. Handspeed and killer instinct to Tyson. Agression is a tie.

hellfire508
11-25-2005, 04:37 AM
i was jus watching ali vs Cleveland Williams amd it looks like frazier could beat him and if frazier can so can tyson cause tyson is a stronger and faster version of frazier.

People like you are what keep me away from this site. The knowledge here is appalling - apart from a few posters. Frazier and Tyson were totally different fighters. Tyson didn't have the heart to beat Ali.

Da Iceman
11-25-2005, 10:53 PM
frazier pressed more and cut off the ring better

hellfire508
11-26-2005, 04:29 AM
frazier pressed more and cut off the ring better

Indeed.

I feel Tyson was a more complete fighter. He had a better jab than Fraziers (arguable), had a monster right hand, as well as the left hook. Frazier bobbed and weaved very well - as did Tyson, great head movement. Tyson lacked the heart that made Frazier a legend - such as the Ali fights - getting up 5 times against Foreman etc.

I rank Frazier higher, and feel he would beat Tyson H2H, but Tyson was more complete.

Punster
11-26-2005, 05:26 AM
Tyson in his prime could not beat Ali at his worst.

It's like comparing ground beef to a filet mingon.

TuPrincipe
11-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Ladies...

There is so much more then just handspeed and power. Boxing has intangibles.

M26
11-26-2005, 09:27 AM
The Muhammad Ali that fought Cleveland Williams would defeat both Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson.

And Joe Frazier would beat Mike Tyson. Heart, desire and stamina would be the key.

Punster
11-27-2005, 01:24 AM
Many have also forgotten the fact that we have never seen Ali in his prime since it was spent in jail.

He really could have been The Greatest.

Frazier's 15th round
11-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Many have also forgotten the fact that we have never seen Ali in his prime since it was spent in jail.

Ali never went to jail. He was out walking around. He was even allowed to spar and do exhibitions, so he could have kept himself in pretty decent shape.

blockhead
11-27-2005, 01:40 AM
Ladies...

There is so much more then just handspeed and power. Boxing has intangibles.
great post.

Da Iceman
11-27-2005, 10:29 AM
The Muhammad Ali that fought Cleveland Williams would defeat both Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson.

And Joe Frazier would beat Mike Tyson. Heart, desire and stamina would be the key.
true true........

Dempsey 1919
11-27-2005, 06:01 PM
i would say prime holmes has the best chance. :)

Da Iceman
11-27-2005, 06:25 PM
i would say prime holmes has the best chance. :)
why holmes not frazier?

kapersky
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
both joe and tyson could probably beat the second ali. the second ali was to slow and "weak"
he never dance or punch hard like when he landed one hard righthand on liston or lefthook on clevelands chin.
if someone1 think joe could beat tyson before he left rooney is pathetic. but that dont make tyson greater than joe, like saying marciano could beat foreman, marciano is greater than foreman, but foreman probably beat him...

Da Iceman
11-27-2005, 11:32 PM
if joe could beat the second ali how come he lost to him twice? do some research before you post

Dempsey 1919
11-27-2005, 11:49 PM
why holmes not frazier?

cause holmes has the same style as ali, so that is the best way to attempt to fight ali, you know, beat him at his own game! :D

kapersky
11-28-2005, 01:19 AM
if joe could beat the second ali how come he lost to him twice? do some research before you post
he beated ali first time, when both was in their primes(ali would beat joe if he could dance and hit like he did before jail)

Frazier's 15th round
11-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Ali Didn't Go To Jail, Morons.

Pugnacious_Z
11-28-2005, 01:50 AM
tyson wud beat ali after the 6th round

kapersky
11-28-2005, 03:55 AM
what did he do for 3 years?

THE REAL NINJA
11-28-2005, 04:03 AM
Although Ali had not been charged or arrested for violating the Selective Service Act--much less convicted--the New York State Athletic Commission and World Boxing Association suspended his boxing license and stripped him of his heavyweight title in May of 1967, minutes after he officially announced that he would not submit to induction. Ali said to Sports Illustrated contributor Edwin Shrake, "I'm giving up my title, my wealth, maybe my future. Many great men have been tested for their religious beliefs. If I pass this test, I'll come out stronger than ever." :D Eventually Ali was sentenced to five years in prison, released on appeal, and his conviction overturned three years later..... :D want to keep calling people names ???

Frazier's 15th round
11-28-2005, 04:07 AM
Ali never spent a day in prison. He was out speaking on campuses and such. He was even loaned money by Joe Frazier to pay for his food and hotel.

THE REAL NINJA
11-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Ali never spent a day in prison. He was out speaking on campuses and such. He was even loaned money by Joe Frazier to pay for his food and hotel.
Eventually Ali was sentenced to five years in prison, released on appeal, and his conviction overturned three years later...no he never went to prison but he did do 1 day or an hour something like that in jail ..so thats where the confusion is from i dont even think it was from this that he was in jail

THE REAL NINJA
11-28-2005, 04:14 AM
off topic ever see this....Richard Hirschfeld, a colorful confidant of boxing champ Muhammad Ali who spent most of the last eight years as a fugitive from the federal government, killed himself Tuesday in jail.

Hirschfeld, 57, died the same day authorities told his attorney that final arrangements had been made to move him to Norfolk, Va., for trial. He had been on the lam for more than eight years until he was arrested in October in a closet at a lavish riverfront home in Fort Lauderdale.

Paramedics were called to the jail, and Hirschfeld was pronounced dead a short time later at a hospital, said U.S. Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman Trish O'Steen. Authorities would not say how he killed himself.

"It was a real shock to us," said attorney Alvin Entin. "He seemed much more of a fighter than a person that had those kind of mood swings."

Hirschfeld accompanied Ali to the Middle East in 1985 in a highly publicized attempt to gain the release of American hostages in Lebanon. They later had a falling out over the legal rights to the boxer's life story.

Although Ali denied it, federal prosecutors claimed Hirschfeld imitated the boxer's voice on lobbying phone calls to U.S. senators in the 1980s when the lawyer was driving a Rolls-Royce and living on a 50-acre Virginia farm with the retired boxer.

Hirschfeld was representing ousted Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos when he secretly recorded their conversations about a plot for Marcos to regain power. Hirschfeld took the tapes to a congressional committee in 1987.

Hirschfeld was convicted of tax evasion and securities fraud charges in 1991, and was wanted on federal conspiracy charges when he was captured last year. He faced up to 70 years in prison.

The conspiracy charges covered a scheme to be furloughed from prison after the 1991 convictions.

THE REAL NINJA
11-28-2005, 04:20 AM
you know you maybe right after all.. i'll get back to you on it

Punster
11-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Ali never went to jail. He was out walking around. He was even allowed to spar and do exhibitions, so he could have kept himself in pretty decent shape.

But that doesn't change the fact that he didn't box for some of his prime years.

Dempsey 1919
11-28-2005, 02:17 PM
tyson wud beat ali after the 6th round

yeah, and i'm related to bill gates. tyson would be destroyed after the fifth round!

THE REAL NINJA
11-30-2005, 01:40 AM
ok i found out what it was..Dec 1968 ALI spends a week in jail in miami for driving without a licence..i found this in a book i have called [MUHAMMAD ALI the birth of a legend] by flip schulke ..so he was in jail during that time just not for the NAM thing

tommyhearns804
11-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Before worrying if Tyson could beat a prime Ali maybe a prime Tyson should be able to beat Douglas,Holyfield,Lewis,Mcbride, and Williams.Or how about this Tyson should worry about having on of the worse chins of any heavyweight champion since Liston.
Wait how about this one...When Tyson can avoid raping women and beating them then maybe he might have a chance of not being knocked out by Ali or Frazier or Foreman or Lyle or Lewis or Holyfield or Morisson or who ever else you can name who isn't a complete bum.
Wait here is something Tyson should of done before you think he could beat any decent heavyweight.How about when a 40 year old fighter like Foreman challenges a prime Tyson how about Tyson not duck him like a scared little *****?Maybe then you can say Tyson was the baddest man on the planet.Or how about when Bowe,Mercer or Morisson calls him out he fights them.Or how about not paying Lewis 4 million dollars to avoid fighting him so he could fight a washed up Holyfield and still get knocked out.
Did Tyson ever really have a prime to began with?Is beating up fighters my mom could beat special?The person who made this post has to be a ghetto black man who probably molested a few kids in his time.Raped a few women...maybe beat up a few more.Probably went to jail and got raped by some big black man and loved it.
No heterosexual man would continue making post about this disgraceful cowardly fool Tyson.
A so called in his prime Tyson would be knocked out by Ali quickeer than Douglas knocked him stupid.Enough said.

Da Iceman
12-01-2005, 06:11 PM
tyson's spirit would be broken b4 the fight began

ThaKing
12-01-2005, 06:41 PM
i think ali can beat both of them in his prime , ali deserves his nickname

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
i think ali can beat both of them in his prime , ali deserves his nickname

you got that right.

Skydog
12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Ali beats Tyson, probably beats Frazier, because the closest thing we saw to Ali in his prime in their fights were the last 2 rounds at Manilla. Then again, Frazier was way out of his prime and was amazing at slipping jabs in his prime.

Dempsey 1919
12-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Ali beats Tyson, probably beats Frazier, because the closest thing we saw to Ali in his prime in their fights were the last 2 rounds at Manilla. Then again, Frazier was way out of his prime and was amazing at slipping jabs in his prime.

another intelligent post.

Gemini531
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Frazier had a better chance becasue he actually beat Ali.

Gemini531
12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Before worrying if Tyson could beat a prime Ali maybe a prime Tyson should be able to beat Douglas,Holyfield,Lewis,Mcbride, and Williams.Or how about this Tyson should worry about having on of the worse chins of any heavyweight champion since Liston.
Wait how about this one...When Tyson can avoid raping women and beating them then maybe he might have a chance of not being knocked out by Ali or Frazier or Foreman or Lyle or Lewis or Holyfield or Morisson or who ever else you can name who isn't a complete bum.
Wait here is something Tyson should of done before you think he could beat any decent heavyweight.How about when a 40 year old fighter like Foreman challenges a prime Tyson how about Tyson not duck him like a scared little *****?Maybe then you can say Tyson was the baddest man on the planet.Or how about when Bowe,Mercer or Morisson calls him out he fights them.Or how about not paying Lewis 4 million dollars to avoid fighting him so he could fight a washed up Holyfield and still get knocked out.
Did Tyson ever really have a prime to began with?Is beating up fighters my mom could beat special?The person who made this post has to be a ghetto black man who probably molested a few kids in his time.Raped a few women...maybe beat up a few more.Probably went to jail and got raped by some big black man and loved it.
No heterosexual man would continue making post about this disgraceful cowardly fool Tyson.
A so called in his prime Tyson would be knocked out by Ali quickeer than Douglas knocked him stupid.Enough said.
did tyson rape you in jail why so bitter?