Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aoki vs. Alvarez Rematch in the works...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aoki vs. Alvarez Rematch in the works...

A rematch nearly three-and-a-half years in the making is expected to take place on April 20.

MMAjunkie.com today learned that both Shinya Aoki and Eddie Alvarez have verbally agreed to meet at an as-yet-unannounced Bellator 66 event

The pair originally met in December 2008, when Aoki needed just 92 seconds to submit Alvarez via heel hook and claim the WAMMA lightweight crown. Since that meeting, Aoki has pieced together an 11-2 mark, while Alvarez has gone 8-1.
    MMAjunkie.com

Alvarez should take this easily, if Aoki beats him it will be time to retire.

Comment

Aoki gonna win it again. He's been improving his game. lol

Comment

Why should Alvarez retire if he loses? Aoki is legit dude. Both are top ten. No shame in either fighter losing....

Comment

Alvarez should win. I wonder if Alvarez will compete in the next Bellator lightweight tourney???

Comment

I think I read he skipped the tourney to have this rematch.

Alvarez is still the man who got caught on the wrong night. And if anything if anybody deserves a title shot without having to win another tournament its alvarez. If he stops Aoki there should be a rematch for the belt. Aoki is still Aoki his bjj will keep him lingering in the top 10 for years still. People will always make grappling mistakes and aoki will always rip their head off for it.

However after losing I expect alvarez to be alert in the grappling and clinches and stop him with punches!

Comment

Aoki all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
                I think I read he skipped the tourney to have this rematch.

Alvarez is still the man who got caught on the wrong night. And if anything if anybody deserves a title shot without having to win another tournament its alvarez. If he stops Aoki there should be a rematch for the belt. Aoki is still Aoki his bjj will keep him lingering in the top 10 for years still. People will always make grappling mistakes and aoki will always rip their head off for it.

However after losing I expect alvarez to be alert in the grappling and clinches and stop him with punches!
                You know how he beat him last time?

He jumped guard.

Can't do nothing about a guy jumping onto you and pulling guard.

Comment

Working...
                X