View Full Version : gloves

BlackBeltNow
01-01-2005, 02:47 AM
What kind of gloves are good? Golden gloves is coming up, and I want to know what I should buy. The gloves I use are fairtex 16 oz. I don't think they're very good. Thanks

elveiel
01-01-2005, 09:30 AM
What kind of gloves are good? Golden gloves is coming up, and I want to know what I should buy. The gloves I use are fairtex 16 oz. I don't think they're very good. Thanks

Calling yourself Blackbeltnow and using 16oz Fairtex i think its safe to assume you do or have done martial arts.

These are the best pro gloves, you can get the amateur versions from the links.

Found at www.ringside.com
http://www.ringside.com/store/IMAGES/RETR.JPG

Found at www.winning-usa.com
http://www.winning-usa.com/progloves/progloves_01.jpg

I like Everlast for Sparring because they protect my hands well.
www.everlastboxing.com

For cheaper gloves just go to www.ringside.com or www.titleboxing.com because they do good close out sales and there own brand is very good. I always use Ringside's superbag gloves.

jack_the_rippuh
01-01-2005, 01:36 PM
I hear Grant makes the best boxing gloves EVER!!!!!!!!

BlackBeltNow
01-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Calling yourself Blackbeltnow and using 16oz Fairtex i think its safe to assume you do or have done martial arts.
[/url]

why did you bold 16oz? my boxing coahc says thats the weight u use for sparring. (14 for bag)

i might get ringside ones. i tried someone else's 10 oz glove of some generic brand, and they'r so light. i can't wait to use 10 oz's eventually

i have looked at ringside's cataloge and website before. why do they have "subdivisions" like cleto reyes and top contender? is ringside just a distributer or also the manufacturer? in other words, did the same ppl who make cleto reyes also make top contneder (should i expect the same quality in either?)

elveiel
01-02-2005, 03:23 AM
why did you bold 16oz? my boxing coahc says thats the weight u use for sparring. (14 for bag)

i might get ringside ones. i tried someone else's 10 oz glove of some generic brand, and they'r so light. i can't wait to use 10 oz's eventually

i have looked at ringside's cataloge and website before. why do they have "subdivisions" like cleto reyes and top contender? is ringside just a distributer or also the manufacturer? in other words, did the same ppl who make cleto reyes also make top contneder (should i expect the same quality in either?)

I did kickboxing when i was a bit younger and they made me wear 16oz gloves, every kickboxing gym i went to wouldnt let me spar unless i was wearing 16oz gloves, i even have to fight bouts with 16oz gloves!! I assumed you did martial arts so i bolded the 16oz as part of my reason for thinking that. :p

I dont think i could wear them now, i sometimes wear 14oz for sparring unless i want to hurt the other guy then i opt for 10/12oz. There is nothing wrong with 16oz gloves for sparring but i think there are smaller gloves that offer the same protection to you and your opponent.

I use these for bag work, there heavy but not to bulky, they offer very good protection for your hands.

You buy these by size but i'd guess there about 14oz.
http://www.ringside.com/store/IMAGES/largeIMAGES/sbg-redwhite.jpg

elveiel
01-02-2005, 03:32 AM

Reyes are a brand on their own, Ringside just stock them. you have to spend a lot of money to get the same quality with any other glove.

I think Top contender and Ringside's gloves are the same manufacturer, i know that Ringsides own branding is very good quality so i think the Top contender would be of a good standard.

If i were advising you i'd say buy Ringside because they are good value/quality for the money, Reyes are better if you want to pay a bit extra and i havent used Top contender so i cant really comment.

BlackBeltNow
01-02-2005, 06:12 PM
why is one cheaper than the other? the top contender 10 oz am gloves stock price are 55$. Their ringside ones are 65$ Is it cuz one looks better? Should I just get the Top contender ones? I don't really care for looks I just want one that is good functionally (and allowed in competitions).

andreyd
01-20-2005, 11:29 AM
ring side are the best..