View Full Version : Who thinks Mike Tyson could have beat danny williams is he did not get injured...

Baddest man on da planet
11-23-2005, 03:49 AM
i think he would have knocke danny the **** out

speed_devil
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM

I think Mike would have easy beat Williams…if he was a bit fitter the fight should have been kept for another week and in that week tyson should have done some hecktic training…÷¿ :boxing:

Truth
11-23-2005, 11:42 AM

I hear you, Tyson should have won that fight. Williams was perfect for Tyson. I think it just wasn't Mike's night. When he injured his knee in the first, I think that screwed him up.

Dempsey 1919
11-23-2005, 11:47 AM
probably, but if he is as great as you all make him out to be, it wouldn't have mattered.

speed_devil
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
probably, but if he is as great as you all make him out to be, it wouldn't have mattered.

Pretty true in a sense,.

Baddest man on da planet
11-23-2005, 01:05 PM
dats stupid cause in his prime he could have still won with the knee injury but he was a relitivly shot fighter.

MickyHatton
11-23-2005, 01:29 PM
His fault for getting back in the ring then!

What was Williams supposed to do say becuase you 'were' the great iron Mike here's my chin!

Williams himself won a famous victory with a dislocated arm, if you are good enough then you find a way.

The bottom line was that Tyson got back in the ring for money!

Dempsey 1919
11-23-2005, 01:56 PM
dats stupid cause in his prime he could have still won with the knee injury but he was a relitivly shot fighter.

you keep making excuses for him, give it up already, mike tyson is not the greatest of all times like you mystyal, and tyson jr. says. if he was then he would have obliterated williams!

Baddest man on da planet
11-23-2005, 02:11 PM
so i can say if ali is so great then he sould have beaten Trevor Berbick

Dempsey 1919
11-23-2005, 02:18 PM
so i can say if ali is so great then he sould have beaten Trevor Berbick

ali had parkinsons when he fought berbick you stupid idiot, and is was a split decision, and berbick was a future hw champ! mcBride KTFO of tyson and mcbride will never win ****!

Baddest man on da planet
11-23-2005, 02:33 PM
mcbride did not knock him the **** out tyson was winning but quit.

Dempsey 1919
11-23-2005, 02:41 PM
mcbride did not knock him the **** out tyson was winning but quit.

ok, maybe you should not have said anything, 'cause quitting is worse than getting ko'd lol! i was actually helping your argument until you put you foot in your mouth. i suggest you don't say anything anymore lol! ;)

BoxingPromoter
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I think Tyson fans put too much emphasis on his "knee" injury. Danny had a simple strategy; weather the early attacks from Tyson and tired him out until he was vunerable to his counter-offense.

leff
12-07-2005, 07:54 PM
knee ore not tyson hasnt been in proper fighting shape for 10 years

Verstyle
12-07-2005, 07:58 PM
put it like this tysons used his legs to generate all of his power. with out his legs he's ****. its sorta likt ali with a broken left hand.

Dempsey 1919
12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
put it like this tysons used his legs to generate all of his power. with out his legs he's ****. its sorta likt ali with a broken left hand.

good point.

-Jay-
12-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Mike was killin him, just look at round one. Danny was hangin on for dear life.

leff
12-08-2005, 08:06 AM
tyson is allways good in the first round, his real problem is that he aint good the stamina no more.

MickyHatton
12-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Tyson did OK with Lewis for one round, he still got knocked out!

gattifan24
12-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Sorry I don't buy it. Tyson is shot and injuries don't have all that much to do with it

Dempsey1238
12-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Than lets just go and change this lost to a win for Tyson, and make the Tyson fans happy.

kapersky
12-11-2005, 06:14 AM
yes he would, he was washed up long before..

dangerous dave
12-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Of course he would he was totally dominating him! Williams is a completley poor fighter as last nights fight with Audley Harrison proved.

Being from Britan is extremly boring when looking at the heavyweights these days. The Williams Harrison fight was being hyped up every day for over a month but proved to be a very poor showing. He lacked any killer instinct to try and finish Audley off when he had a chance in the 10th. A split decision victory proves nothing and if there was a rematch I predict that Audley would win by a huge margin in the points or score an early ko after his first upset as he has real ability but just lacked confidence.

But further evidence that he doesn't believe in his own ability was when he pulled out of the skelton fight (on the morning) due to flu, which wasn't mentioned at the weigh in the day before.

Peace out!

"The Maryport Mauler", "Dangerous" Dave McGibbon

McKay 1
12-11-2005, 09:10 AM
ali had parkinsons when he fought berbick you stupid idiot, and is was a split decision, and berbick was a future hw champ! mcBride KTFO of tyson and mcbride will never win ****!

Not a comment on the Berbick fight, but Ali always lost by split descisions even when he got ass totally knocked around. Against Norton the first time he got knocked around from pillar to post, Norton broke Ali's jaw in the second round and Norton was even told by some *******s not to hit Ali on the jaw or they would ban him from fighting for the World Heavyweight Championship. And THAT FIGHT, Norton I, in which Ali was totally dominated was even officially ruled a split descision.

Brassangel
12-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Again, it's the Tyson "would haves...".

Even at clost to 40, Tyson, if he was in any kind of fighting shape, should have beaten Danny Williams. He wasn't in very good shape so he tried to end it in round 1. When his knee went out, he couldn't finish the job. Tyson just didn't have the stamina anymore that he had at 20. He was finished. A great champion would have done things right the first time (back at the Douglas fight) and he wouldn't have the need for a comeback to reclaim some former glory and a little money.

On a side note, he was beating McBride pretty soundly. Again, Tyson is shot, so he just didn't feel like fighting anymore. 15-20 years ago...blah blah blah. Look, I like Tyson; one of my all-time favorites, but he has made some of the worst decisions in the history of the sport, and it led him to the sad state he's in right now. :boxing: