View Full Version : Tyson murders sparring partner-1991

Mike Tyson77
02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Damn, this is brutal! I hope the guy got paid good.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ollo3wYILAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New England
02-11-2012, 09:41 PM
damn, i've never seen that before

he beat the **** out of that guy

Mike Tyson77
02-11-2012, 09:45 PM
damn, i've never seen that before

he beat the **** out of that guy

First time ive seen it to. That right hook was vicious.

Forza
02-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Tysons camp offered sparring partners like $500 a day + food + hotel accommodations + hospital treatments and they still had trouble finding sparring partners

Teddy atlas said they would bring in big guys like 6'5 - 6'6 and within 30 seconds of sparring would leave and never come back

Starof David
02-12-2012, 12:20 AM
I always hears Tyson was brutal on sparring partners.

Mike Tyson77
02-12-2012, 01:35 AM
Tysons camp offered sparring partners like $500 a day + food + hotel accommodations + hospital treatments and they still had trouble finding sparring partners

Teddy atlas said they would bring in big guys like 6'5 - 6'6 and within 30 seconds of sparring would leave and never come back

Thats true, the guy in the video has to be atleast 6'3'' minimum. Still Tyson chopped him down lol.

The Surgeon
02-12-2012, 04:21 AM
Good find hadnt seen this! Damn man he actually blocked that right and it STILL KO'd him!!!

MANIAC310
02-12-2012, 09:39 AM
the last 2 blows just seemed unnecessary lol

Tiozzo
02-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Tyson is like ''I didn't mean to knock him out'' :lol1:

Mike Tyson77
02-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Good find hadnt seen this! Damn man he actually blocked that right and it STILL KO'd him!!!

:rofl: Getting knocked out by a blocked puched!

The Surgeon
02-12-2012, 11:56 AM
:rofl: Getting knocked out by a blocked puched!

LOL

Crazy Power man Crazy....

Ziggy Stardust
02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-U738440INP.jpg?size=67&uid=06c3e766-a875-4089-a62a-26ff5655018c
Caption: "Joe Louis Meets the "Masked Marvel." Pompton Lakes, New Jersey: It's not a gag, folks, just an idea that Joe Louis' handlers have devised to save wear and tear on sparring partners. Joe, training here for his battle on June 23, with Primo Carnera, has been creating havoc among his sparring mates, rendering them hors du combat with (such) monotonous frequency that the mask, and the midriff protectors, were devised to save them from the Detroit negro's lethal wallops. Now, Joe can let loose with everything he has, and his workout companions will weather the storm, no matter how violent. "General" Bourrows is the spar mate at right."

Ray Corso
02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
An old friend of mine from my home town of New Haven Ct. was a sparring partner for Joe Louis many times his name was Georgie Fitch. Georgie was a pretty well known fighter back then throughout the New England circuit and could handle himself very well in the ring. Georgie told me alot about Joe and how he also helped Georgie work on certain techniques. George was the first head trainer at Hamden Youth Boxing that latter became Ring One Boxing in Hamden Ct. I got a cool pic of Georgie and Joe and Ali taken at a dinner for Georgie in New Haven just before Ali's retirement I think. Ray Corso

Rip Chudd
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
While this is a great vid it actually saddens me. If only Tyson hadn't gone crazy, man he would of really been something special. He let the wrong people in his life after Cus died.

Mike Tyson77
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
While this is a great vid it actually saddens me. If only Tyson hadn't gone crazy, man he would of really been something special. He let the wrong people in his life after Cus died.

**** happens. Ill chose to think of "Iron" Mike as the youngest heavyweight champion and the first to unify the 3 belts. And as the years go on, people will start to miss Tyson even more. We will never see another Mike Tyson again. And im just happy to see Tyson happy today. He really cares about his kids and that's all he talks about now. Tyson would rather be a great father to his kids then a great boxer....but he's both.

bojangles1987
02-13-2012, 08:06 AM
What does it say that it crossed my mind that Tyson had literally killed his sparring partner?

House of Stone
02-13-2012, 02:23 PM
people need to stop adding godawful rap music to their videos

MrRolltide91
02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
i can't see it

paul750
02-13-2012, 06:31 PM
I think McCall was one of the few guys who could take what Tyson could give back then. Although I think there is a video of Tyson And McCall sparring, and McCall walks away after a few dirty punches by Tyson.

Mike Tyson77
02-13-2012, 07:44 PM
What does it say that it crossed my mind that Tyson had literally killed his sparring partner?

:rofl: :rofl:

BritishBoxing92
02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Damn, this is brutal! I hope the guy got paid good.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ollo3wYILAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i have never even seen that, that was brutal i heard that some sparring partners gave up in the first day or week of training camp...:theyareon

JustScrap
02-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Poor guy. :lol1:

Marchegiano
02-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Got to love Mike. How many wish we could punch like him?

The Surgeon
02-18-2012, 03:16 AM
i heard that some sparring partners gave up in the first day or week of training camp...:theyareon

I heard at least one guy didnt even make it into the ring before he thought better of being a Tyson sparring partner...

Mike Tyson77
02-23-2012, 12:10 AM
I heard at least one guy didnt even make it into the ring before he thought better of being a Tyson sparring partner...

**** I wouldnt do it either. Not for no 1 grand or whatever they pay, but of course im not a boxer so if i tryed I would get killed :lol1:

young_robbed
02-23-2012, 11:47 PM
What a ****ty song though....

WesleySnipes
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
wow great find...Tyson was a animal back then...

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
wow great find...Tyson was a animal back then...
He knocked out Wesley Snipes!

The Surgeon
02-25-2012, 01:18 PM

Lol i can still barely believe that! Wonder why it was never Huge News and how it got kept under wraps!?

Would have loved to have seen that - Undisputed my ass.... :boxing:

Snipes is cool though

paul750
02-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Lol i can still barely believe that! Wonder why it was never Huge News and how it got kept under wraps!?

Would have loved to have seen that - Undisputed my ass.... :boxing:

Snipes is cool though

McCall was tough as hell and gave Tyson all he could handle apparently.

The Surgeon
02-25-2012, 01:44 PM
McCall was tough as hell and gave Tyson all he could handle apparently.

Not sure what that has to do with my last post paul but whatever lol

Yeah McCall was super tough, he had an ATG chin no doubt, i mean the guy is still solid as an Oak and after the life he has had too....

He was chief sparring partner for Tyson, seemingly never went down either. I have though seen a vid where he looks a bit hurt and certainly discouraged, he stops the session saying he got hit in the hip

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMHjfZW-DRM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMHjfZW-DRM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Bullrush
02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
sad that this is what tyson had to work with in training...that guy is a ****in can compared to tyson. what the hell were they thinking bringing a guy like that in to get tyson ready for a fight... :pat:

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Not sure what that has to do with my last post paul but whatever lol

Yeah McCall was super tough, he had an ATG chin no doubt, i mean the guy is still solid as an Oak and after the life he has had too....

He was chief sparring partner for Tyson, seemingly never went down either. I have though seen a vid where he looks a bit hurt and certainly discouraged, he stops the session saying he got hit in the hip

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMHjfZW-DRM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JMHjfZW-DRM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
The second Lewis match perplexes me.

The Surgeon
02-25-2012, 02:53 PM
The second Lewis match perplexes me.

Apparently he was smoking crack and banging three hookers DAYS before it... Guy was CLEARLY not in the mental shape to be in a ring and certainly not one that has Lennox Lewis in the other corner trying to take his head off!

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
apparently he was smoking crack and banging three hookers days before it... Guy was clearly not in the mental shape to be in a ring and certainly not one that has lennox lewis in the other corner trying to take his head off!
three!!!!!!!!

The Surgeon
02-25-2012, 03:21 PM
three!!!!!!!!

Lol yeah i say that because his manager or someone was looking for him and a hooker in the street asked if he was looking for The Bull, he of course was and asked where. She told him he was upstairs with another hooker and had 3 of them on a rotation system!!! haha

Im actually beginning to question myself if that was before Lewis or if it was another fight now though, probably shouldnt have said it until i checked but that story is real or at least it was published in one of my magazines

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Lol yeah i say that because his manager or someone was looking for him and a hooker in the street asked if he was looking for The Bull, he of course was and asked where. She told him he was upstairs with another hooker and had 3 of them on a rotation system!!! haha

Im actually beginning to question myself if that was before Lewis or if it was another fight now though, probably shouldnt have said it until i checked but that story is real or at least it was published in one of my magazines
Don't matter, it was funny regardless. :lol1:

bergin
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
There's actually footage of young lennox beating the **** out of young mike but it vanished. Everyone even Tyson's trainers admitted that the very first time they two met at like age 16-17 Tyson beat Lennox because lennox didn't know Tyson took sparring so seriously. Within hours Lennox was routinely laying a beat down on Mike Tyson with his jabs and clinching. That is yet another reason Mike Ducked Lennox during the 90's. I don't buy all that Don King **** about him being the one to pay Lennox 4 million not to fight Tyson. If Mike really wanted to fight Lennox he would have. Mike was scared plain and simple. Lennox was always the superior boxer, the superior puncher, the superior warrior, the superior champion and the superior human being.

Ziggy Stardust
02-25-2012, 06:12 PM
There's actually footage of young lennox beating the **** out of young mike but it vanished. Everyone even Tyson's trainers admitted that the very first time they two met at like age 16-17 Tyson beat Lennox because lennox didn't know Tyson took sparring so seriously. Within hours Lennox was routinely laying a beat down on Mike Tyson with his jabs and clinching. That is yet another reason Mike Ducked Lennox during the 90's. I don't buy all that Don King **** about him being the one to pay Lennox 4 million not to fight Tyson. If Mike really wanted to fight Lennox he would have. Mike was scared plain and simple. Lennox was always the superior boxer, the superior puncher, the superior warrior, the superior champion and the superior human being.

^^^^^ Another alt with a nuthugging agenda.....

Poet

Mike Tyson77
02-25-2012, 09:35 PM
^^^^^ Another alt with a nuthugging agenda.....

Poet

We finally agree on something.

Barnburner
02-25-2012, 09:42 PM
We finally agree on something.
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3aIyUku-IBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hands of Iron
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM

Yeah, Lennox is bulletproof.

How many other ATG Heavyweights can claim to of been KO'ed by one punch as defending champion before the mid-rounds. Twice, no less.

bergin
02-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Lennox avenged both those losses, something no other 'ATG ' ever did to all their losses. The problem and ONLY problem with Lennox is that he was too good. Lennox had God Given skills surpassing every other boxer in the history of boxing and that made him relaxed against guys like Mccall and Rahman. Both Oliver and Rahman had massive inspiriation from their personal lives during those fights as well. It didn't matter because Lennox made Mccall cry in the rematch and koed Rahman so hard he started bleeding lol.

Mike Tyson77
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM

How many other ATG Heavyweights can claim to of been KO'ed by one punch as defending champion before the mid-rounds. Twice, no less.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hands of Iron
02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
McCall was in no condition mentally to be in a boxing ring. Lewis had some of the heaviest hands in HW history and McCall took them like love taps. He doesnt ever "TKO McCall" even when Oliver is basically begging him to. No Contest, DQ win at best. Ray Mercer 1996, Draw at best. I doubt Rahman was any more inspired in the second fight than Lewis was the first go-round. He was a fringer who stretched Lewis with a single blow, picking up a check.

You started with the sensationalism.

Hands of Iron
02-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Wasn't it also Lewis who claimed to age like fine fine and shortly before the Vitali fight that he was at the peak of his powers and would continue for several more years? He won that fight, fair and square. He also initially promised a rematch and upon seeing Kirk Johnson (the fighter he was originally scheduled to defend against) disposed of in two rounds, thought better of it and packed his bags. He left the boxing world with arguably the biggest dissapointment of the decade.

See, people claim that Tyson is given every excuse in the book when the same could be said for every other nuthugging faction. I'll tell you firsthand that Tyson was smack dab in his physical prime when Douglas turned him into a human punching bag. I love that fight for the simple fact Tyson got the opportunity to prove a worthy chin. Prior to that, he'd been so ruthlessly effective at slipping punches and countering, unloading supercharged combos from his midrange sweet spot. Before the Douglas fight, Tyson had the audacity to claim he was a better fighter than he'd been under his original team. He ate those words. His prime consists of the time period of 1986 to 1991 in which he lost one fight, and had about as many bouts prior to prison as Lewis did his entire career. Perfectly acceptable IMO if one is to consider the shelf life of a short, swarming heavyweight, and particularly when people will tell you Joe Frazier was already past his best before the bell rang for his 30th professional fight or Lewis, who was humiliated in the same way twice during two different title reigns, neither of which encompass his prime.

Mike Tyson77
02-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Wasn't it also Lewis who claimed to age like fine fine and shortly before the Vitali fight that he was at the peak of his powers and would continue for several more years? He won that fight, fair and square. He also initially promised a rematch and upon seeing Kirk Johnson (the fighter he was originally scheduled to defend against) disposed of in two rounds, thought better of it and packed his bags. He left the boxing world with arguably the biggest dissapointment of the decade.

See, people claim that Tyson is given every excuse in the book when the same could be said for every other nuthugging faction. I'll tell you firsthand that Tyson was smack dab in his physical prime when Douglas turned him into a human punching bag. I love that fight for the simple fact Tyson got the opportunity to prove a worthy chin. Prior to that, he'd been so ruthlessly effective at slipping punches and countering, unloading supercharged combos from his midrange sweet spot. Before the Douglas fight, Tyson had the audacity to claim he was a better fighter than he'd been under his original team. He ate those words. His prime consists of the time period of 1986 to 1991 in which he lost one fight, and had about as many bouts prior to prison as Lewis did his entire career. Perfectly acceptable IMO if one is to consider the shelf life of a short, swarming heavyweight, and particularly when people will tell you Joe Frazier was already past his best before the bell rang for his 30th professional fight or Lewis, who was humiliated in the same way twice during two different title reigns, neither of which encompass his prime.

Very good post.

JAB5239
02-27-2012, 01:23 AM

Not bulletproof, but how many ATG's can say they've beaten every man they've ever faced and have the caliber of resume Lewis has?

Hands of Iron
02-27-2012, 04:29 AM
Not bulletproof, but how many ATG's can say they've beaten every man they've ever faced and have the caliber of resume Lewis has?

Great accomplishment.

Although a feat such as that includes a variety of different circumstances. Some fights arent easily made, other fighters are already past it for them to realistically avenge a loss. No doubt, much credit has to go to Lewis himself: He had the size, style, physical attributes and skill to remain at the top level longer than most are capable (in terms of real time). The point was that amongst other ATGs, chin wasnt his strong suit. Please, understand the post I was quoting when I levied that response.

I dont fault Lennox for making the decision he did. A rematch with Vitali was something very desired by most fans at the time, but far from a mandatory entitlement. It isnt anybody elses hide or health on the line. I actually felt that if he'd of dropped a few pounds he couldve scored a clean KO without any remnants of scorecards and ringside doctors to carry this "debate" on for almost a decade already.

La_Vibora
03-03-2012, 08:19 AM

http://i23.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/1c/a7/c992_3.JPG

damuttz112
03-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Man, that **** was nasty

Mike Tyson77
07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Apparently he was smoking crack and banging three hookers DAYS before it... Guy was CLEARLY not in the mental shape to be in a ring and certainly not one that has Lennox Lewis in the other corner trying to take his head off!

:rofl: :rofl:

mehoe
07-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Good find sir.Love that last shot

ironmike2012
07-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Tyson beat up Wesley Snipes? He takes cheap shots on his sparring partners. Fun to watch though.

PBP
07-22-2012, 11:05 PM
LOL....Beast.

Damn I hope I get to witness something similar to the Tyson era in boxing again.

TysonBomb
08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Prime Tyson was the most explosive puncher in history

Commentators would often remark that his punches even sounded different from normal heavyweights

TheGreatA
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Jack Dempsey beating up some poor sparring partner who could barely box:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1BGD1p22gTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Crushing KO at 1:00

kendom
08-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Jack Dempsey beating up some poor sparring partner who could barely box:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1BGD1p22gTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Crushing KO at 1:00

Dempsey was one ruthless man

Axl Rose
08-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Who is the sparring partner btw? I know McCall knocked down Tyson, apparantly knocked Tyson down in sparring though..

Barnburner
08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Dempsey was one ruthless man
I just think he's being a prick there personally.

Put any boxer in with someone a level below them and they will look like that.

Not cool Mr. Dempsey.

jaynometry
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Tyson was a damn beast. Look at that handspeed!

Mike Tyson77
08-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Just think of a Tyson vs Holyfield in 1991....EPIC. Tyson KO's Holyfield in the fight of the decade.

alza1988
08-07-2012, 07:23 PM
This is probably my favourite Tyson vid :boxing:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8OzGTHlSRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike Tyson77
08-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Tyson vs Holyfield in 1991 would have been one of the greatest fights ever. Tyson with that handspeed and pinpoint ability would have beaten Holyfield.

Sugar Adam Ali
08-12-2013, 10:17 PM
and people think that wlad is better than a prime tyson... hahahahahahaah

Sugar Adam Ali
08-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Just think of a Tyson vs Holyfield in 1991....EPIC. Tyson KO's Holyfield in the fight of the decade.

Tyson vs Holyfield in 1991 would have been one of the greatest fights ever. Tyson with that handspeed and pinpoint ability would have beaten Holyfield.

I hate to burst your bubble, but tyson would never beat holy..

not in 84,
not in 86
not in 88
not in 89
not in 90
not in 91
not ever

Holyfield was the one dude that wouldnt be scared of tyson,,, tyson make knock holy down but holy would get up and give mike hell and would break him everytime......
holyfield was nearly unstoppable in his prime..

he beats mike everytime,, it may be ugly but holy would get the job done,,
thats why mike and his team kept putting off the fight till holy was an old man and coming out of retirement, and holy still beat him down...

holy all day vs mike,,, no disrespect to mike, but holy just has the style to beat mike

Anthony342
08-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I agree Holyfield would win, but it would still have been more competitive if they had fought sooner. I could even see it going the distance and Evander winning a close unanimous decision, but a late stoppage would be possible as well.

jaded
08-13-2013, 03:33 AM
The young Tyson had speed and moves likes a lightweight.

Tommo1
08-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Haha I just posted about this in fantasy match for Holyfield.

For me it is too hard to judge clearly. Some believe Holyfield would always be able to have tied up Tyson, he just had the blueprint to beat him and others believe the prime Tyson would have destroyed Holyfield.

I can only call it even with the available evidence.

Prime Tyson was never tested against an opponent like prime Holy so it's hard to go out on a whim on this side. Then again Holy struggled with some opponents that I'm quite sure Tyson would destroy! Hard to say.

ShoulderRoll
08-13-2013, 06:35 AM
I wish that Tyson and/or Teddy Atlas and/or Kevin Rooney would make an instructional DVD where they record Cus D'Amato's teachings for posterity.

Just by looking at some of those drills on YouTube you can tell that Cus had a very complete system for building a fighter. Nothing was neglected, from leg strength to head movement to explosive footwork and more.

BKM-2010
08-13-2013, 07:12 AM

not in 84,
not in 86
not in 88
not in 89
not in 90
not in 91
not ever

Holyfield was the one dude that wouldnt be scared of tyson,,, tyson make knock holy down but holy would get up and give mike hell and would break him everytime......

thats why mike and his team kept putting off the fight till holy was an old man and coming out of retirement, and holy still beat him down...

holy all day vs mike,,, no disrespect to mike, but holy just has the style to beat mike

Yes, lets just say Holyfield would win because he wouldn't be afraid of him. Lets not get technical at all, this cop-out makes it easier.

Prime Holyfield had massive difficulties against Alex Stewart and Bert Cooper and was way too eager to get into slugfests. The one guy that Tyson had trouble with fought nothing like Holy and he wasn't at his best anyway. Tyson had the conditioning and heart to get into 12 round clinch and slugfests as seen in the Ruddock fights. Add his intricate skill of the 80s vs Holyfield's addiction to slugging and Evan gets sparked.

The Holy that fought Tyson would be the most suitable to beat any version of Tyson. Massive anabolic strength gains as seen in the clinches against Tyson and Lewis and no longer had the addiction to slugging, and focused on effectiveness aka no problem with making it an ugly fight.

Tommo1
08-13-2013, 07:29 AM
I will share one thing regarding Tyson. If Tyson had remained focussed, kept his team that loved him and not gone of the rails and gone to jail, I believe personally he would have gone on to beat Holyfield, Bowe and Lewis and been the undisputed champ of the 90's, could have prime4prime beat the Klitschko's and pretty much been the GOAT.

It is unclear how he would have handled the increase in height and weight of the fighters of the 90's and today, we already see prime Tyson's performances drop off against bigger skilled opposition that aren't as effective as more modern contenders. This is the other side of the coin. But if Samuel Peter can trouble Klitschko, Ray Mercer can press Lewis and Michael Moorer could do in Holyfield and Golotta can lay it on Bowe I see no major impediment to an experienced and directed Tyson from continually developing that beautiful style and taking them out. It's a damn shame what happened. We will never know how good he could have been.

I have still never seen the particular combination of all Mike's qualities yet in the HW division since. And that is NOT an easily copyable style.

spam
08-24-2013, 01:56 AM
Wow Tyson knocked out a bum in sparring that proves that Tyson is the greatest fighter of all time.

Jem Mace
08-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Have never seen this clip before, quality find.

TheMexHurricane
08-24-2013, 01:55 PM
the last 2 blows just seemed unnecessary lol

Was thinking same.

Panamaniac
08-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Tyson's killer instinct was so hyper-developed that he was unable to rein it in against defenseless sparring partners. He reminds me of a pit pull who turns on a family member.

billeau2
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Prime Tyson remains the blueprint for a heavy.... Some great points on this thread. Yes Tyson was a swarmer and had a pretty good run considering his age when he won the title. No Holy would not have troubled a prime Tyson. Holy always got away with activity (a swarmer) and grit. Tyson would have hit him hard enough for him to see Jesus. No the bigger guys would not trouble prime Mike! the blue print remains...look at his footspeed and handspeed, his ability to hit with either hand....He puts most of the big boys to sleep frankly. And Mccall! coulod a been a great, had the whole package. A prime focused Mccall beats most of the big boys as well.

Lewis was a great but he has shown that a focused Mccall, or a proper sized heavy with a punch can put him down. Consider that Shannon Briggs actually tested Lewis' defense and chin...Briggs gave a respectable perfprmance, now imagine Tyson hitting Lewis a few times!

Film can be quite revealing. Early Louis films show Louis' incredible punching speed, these sparring films show Tyson's incredible foot and hand speed.

MrRolltide91
09-03-2013, 03:19 AM
Tyson had GOAT potential

MrRolltide91
09-03-2013, 03:23 AM

not in 84,
not in 86
not in 88
not in 89
not in 90
not in 91
not ever

What about lewis?

Mike Tyson77
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Tyson was the master of the pinpoint punch. His speed was as scary as his strength. He was an awesome fighter like Jack Dempsey and Carmen Basilio, and Jack Johnson, an ATG.