View Full Version : Fertitta: "Diaz will not be cut."

kaps
02-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Although UFC president Dana White issued a brief, if not generic, statement Thursday regarding Nick Diaz’s (Pictured) flunked drug test, he didn’t address the troubled welterweight’s future with the planet’s premier mixed martial arts promotion.

Thankfully for Mr. 209***8242;s fanboys, UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta was stuck on a 18-hour flight back from Brazil and took to his Twitter to help kill the time. Despite testing positive for marijuana for the second time in his controversial career, Fertitta claims Diaz will be welcomed back to the Octagon once his impending suspension is lifted.

“He will be back,” Fetitta tweeted. “Really like the kid just needs to get it together. I’m a sap for real fighters.”

5thRound.com (http://www.5thround.com/105942/ufc-boss-nick-diaz-will-not-be-cut-after-failed-drug-test/)

dough401
02-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Thats cool at least he put it out there, but I dont think anyone ever thought they would really cut him anyway. Kid is a little nuts but a great fighter War Diaz!

F l i c k e r
02-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Same reason why he wouldn't cut Dan Hardy. He likes guys who bring the pain.

Jack3d
02-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Unbelievable. Dana and the UFC have given opportunities to a lot of fuked up and hopeless fighters. But never have I seen such enabling in my life to a chronic idiot who won't change and will never change.

Diaz has been a fringe contender cleaning house in a second rate promotion against B and C level fighters. Comes to the UFC and gets an auto title shot and six figure salary and fuks it up.

Not a problem says the UFC, gives him another fight that he wins and then is ready to give him another shot until GSP gets injured.

So what do they do? They set Diaz up with Condit in an interim title fight. And not only can he not win the fight, but then he goes and tests positive for weed. So even if Diaz had won he'd be stripped of the interim strap anyway.

Now the UFC is giving him another chance. Pathetic.

Repeatedly testing positive for drugs, ducking his obligations in the contract that he signed his name on, starting fights in hospitals, starting fights during interviews on primetime television.

When will this guy get a clue? And more importantly when will someone hold him accountable for his behavior. Maybe he needs to stop surrounding himself with utter pieces of ***** like Cesar Gracie for starters. Another guy who doesn't hold him accountable or try to get him to make the right decisions. Not only is Diaz fuking up his life but he's fuking over his employers and his fans.

I don't know why anyone is a fan of this retard

kaps
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Unbelievable. Dana and the UFC have given opportunities to a lot of fuked up and hopeless fighters. But never have I seen such enabling in my life to a chronic idiot who won't change and will never change.

Diaz has been a fringe contender cleaning house in a second rate promotion against B and C level fighters. Comes to the UFC and gets an auto title shot and six figure salary and fuks it up.

Not a problem says the UFC, gives him another fight that he wins and then is ready to give him another shot until GSP gets injured.

So what do they do? They set Diaz up with Condit in an interim title fight. And not only can he not win the fight, but then he goes and tests positive for weed. So even if Diaz had won he'd be stripped of the interim strap anyway.

Repeatedly testing positive for drugs, ducking his obligations in the contract that he signed his name on, starting fights in hospitals, starting fights during interviews on primetime television.

When will this guy get a clue? And more importantly when will someone hold him accountable for his behavior. Maybe he needs to stop surrounding himself with utter pieces of ***** like Cesar Gracie for starters. Another guy who doesn't hold him accountable or try to get him to make the right decisions. Not only is Diaz fuking up his life but he's fuking over his employers and his fans.

http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploads/post-images/chael_sonnen_209.jpg

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 01:30 AM

I couldn't get passed the bold, but you must not follow the fight game much.

To take but a single example, Mike Tyson's entire career was one of people enabling, and not just after Cus D'amato's death.

Prize fighters are usually people with issues, anyway. They are put out to make people money, and people do what they can to keep the wheels rolling as long as possible, and then all to often they are tossed away like used tissue. This is pretty much why we get phenomena like former world champion boxers becoming homeless later in life. Just business as usual from Zuffa (and in this particular instance, no pun intended).

-Swizzy-
02-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Although UFC president Dana White issued a brief, if not generic, statement Thursday regarding Nick Diaz***8217;s (Pictured) flunked drug test, he didn***8217;t address the troubled welterweight***8217;s future with the planet***8217;s premier mixed martial arts promotion.

Thankfully for Mr. 209***8242;s fanboys, UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta was stuck on a 18-hour flight back from Brazil and took to his Twitter to help kill the time. Despite testing positive for marijuana for the second time in his controversial career, Fertitta claims Diaz will be welcomed back to the Octagon once his impending suspension is lifted.

***8220;He will be back,***8221; Fetitta tweeted. ***8220;Really like the kid just needs to get it together. I***8217;m a sap for real fighters.***8221;

5thRound.com (http://www.5thround.com/105942/ufc-boss-nick-diaz-will-not-be-cut-after-failed-drug-test/)

"Look at this evil UFC empire at it again. Supporting a fighter that disobeys everything Zuffa tells him to do. They are up to something I tell ya. Don't know what yet, but I'll try my best to put a spin on this." - Zuffa conspiracy theorists

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 02:52 AM
"Look at this evil UFC empire at it again. Supporting a fighter that disobeys everything Zuffa tells him to do. They are up to something I tell ya. Don't know what yet, but I'll try my best to put a spin on this." - Zuffa conspiracy theorists
"We must defend Zuffa and our leader Dana White against anything critical leveled against them, whether true or not."

-Zuffa cultists

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Just imagine the rectal bleeding if the UFC had cut Diaz.
Kaps would have went nuclear on us in here.
Diaz has done everything besides make a Sanduscky comment to get cut.
The only way he can get more blatantly disrespectful is to walk up to Dana White and slap him like a biatch.
Diaz is popular and brings in a certain type of fan. That's why they won't cut him.

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 10:43 AM
He brings in low life douche bag types I guess any money is good money.
They should cut him and let him go compete in shark fights or something.
He has a lot of fans man. And not just lowlife douchebags. Some lowlife douchebags are no doubt attracted to his antics, but there are also a lot of people who appreciate his fighting style.

BEDROOM BULLY
02-11-2012, 12:27 PM
He is potential $$$$ that's why he didn't get (deservedly) cut.. Jacked summed it up really.. The guy is a disgrace but an entertaining fighter if not a particularly great one

kaps
02-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Sonnen, Sherk, Sylvia, all have been popped for Roids and not cut, Sanchez got popped for weed and didn't get cut. Why would Diaz?

kaps
02-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Guillard got busted for Cocaine!

-Swizzy-
02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
"We must defend Zuffa and our leader Dana White against anything critical leveled against them, whether true or not."

-Zuffa cultists

well I'm neither a "cultist" or "conspiracy theorist".

I criticize them when they do something wrong(like not re-signing Hendo 3 years ago and cutting Miguel Torres) and I also give them props when they do something good for the sport.

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 02:02 PM
well I'm neither a "cultist" or "conspiracy theorist".

I criticize them when they do something wrong(like not re-signing Hendo 3 years ago and cutting Miguel Torres) and I also give them props when they do something good for the sport.
Those are some mighty criticisms.

-Swizzy-
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Those are some mighty criticisms.

lol. you're just a hater.

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
lol. you're just a hater.
'hater' is someone who hates just to hate, it is something sort of irrational. I have plenty of reasons for the stances I take. That doesn't mean you have to agree, but it's my perspective.

When you attack people for bringing up issues like fighter pay and pretty much leap to defend Zuffa at every turn, and then try to say you're a middle of the roader who is critical sometimes, I feel compelled to comment.

Clegg
02-11-2012, 03:07 PM
The sensitive GSP fans really do seem to be upset with Diaz.

-2 Scrappy-
02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Its dumb they even test for it. Your not going to win more fights smokin weed. If anything it will hurt you when it wears off and makes you more tired. Plus I doubt he smoked the day he fought condit. Maybe the night before because I'm sure its good to calm them nerves down.

Lol at all these haters. Diaz brought new life into a straight up DULL division for the first time since daley brought life back. Theyd be dumb to cut him they need all the contenders they can get GSP is killing that division with his boring style cleaning house. Diaz always comes to fight and people want him cut? That's just hilarious. If a fighter comes to fight everytime and keeps winning that downright retarded somebody wants them cut.

Dude just destroyed BJ and Condit barely beat him only because he fought safe yet people still keep yapping. STFU.

BEDROOM BULLY
02-11-2012, 03:31 PM
The sensitive GSP fans really do seem to be upset with Diaz.

For??

What trying to duck George's for the 2 nd time?

Certainly can't blame them

jmt225
02-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Some lowlife douchebags are no doubt attracted to his antics, but there are also a lot of people who appreciate his fighting style.

Very true, but I think his most hardcore of fanbase are those who can simply relate to his struggle and pain. Once you get an idea of who Nick really is, he's a very complex individual with a unique outlook on life and has suffered and overcame a lot to get himself and his brother where they are currently at.