View Full Version : Test Results for UFC 143: Only one test came back positive

Jack3d
02-09-2012, 03:56 PM
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/2/9/2787426/ufc-143-drug-test-results-return-with-one-positive-for-diaz-vs-condit

Keith Kizer: NSAC Director
Thank you for the many email and phone calls. I am still waiting for all the steroid and drug test results to come back. We did have at least one positive test. I will send out an email later today on that matter.

Cesar Gracie via Josh Gross
I asked Cesar Gracie yesterday re: rumor about an issue w/ Nick Diaz's drug test. His answer: "I have been told not to comment on anything."

lol

kaps
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Most people are expecting Nick to fail for Marijuana. His legal prescription....

chiguy91
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
KevinI Kevin Iole
Keith Kizer of NV Athletic Commission confirms Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana and complaint was filed against him.

arielhelwani Ariel Helwani
NSAC announces Diaz tested positive for "marijuana metabolites, add that "a complaint for disciplinary action against Diaz has been filed."

KevinI Kevin Iole
At the 1/31 Vanda hearing, one NV commissioner tried to take it easy on him and others beat him back. That means trouble for Nick I suspect

chiguy91
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana after his UFC 143 loss to Carlos Condit

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
7 minutes ago
UFC welterweight contender Nick Diaz failed his post-fight urinalysis Saturday following his loss to Carlos Condit in their bout for the interim welterweight championship at UFC 143 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center, Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commission, announced Thursday.

Diaz, 28, who tested positive for marijuana, is a second-time offender in Nevada and, thus, faces a one-year suspension. He also tested positive for marijuana following a Feb. 24, 2007, victory over Takanori Gomi at a PRIDE Fighting Championship event held at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Six weeks after the first positive test the commission fined Diaz $3,000 (20 percent of his $15,000 purse), suspended him for six months and changed his win over Gomi to a no-decision. The commission***8217;s report in 2007 noted Diaz***8217;s concentration of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, was 175, three-and-a-half times the concentration level of 50 required under Nevada regulations to produce a positive test result.

More From Kevin Iole
Long-anticipated bout between feuding rivals Rashad Evans and Jon Jones will headline UFC 145 Feb 6, 2012
Carlos Condit faced with controversy instead of praise after using perfect game plan to beat Nick Diaz Feb 5, 2012
AdChoices

***8220;All results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites,***8221; Kizer said in a release Thursday. ***8220;A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed.***8221;

Diaz isn***8217;t the first boxer to test positive for marijuana recently. Matt Vanda appeared before the Nevada commission Jan. 31 after a second positive test for marijuana. He had initially been suspended for 90 days by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board after marijuana was discovered in his system following a Nov. 12, 2010, bout against Ossie Duran.

Marijuana was again found in Vanda***8217;s system following a Dec. 16, 2011, loss to Marco Antonio Rubio in Las Vegas and on Jan. 31 the Nevada commission fined Vanda 40 percent of his $11,000 purse and suspended him for a year.

If Diaz is fined 40 percent of his purse, it would cost him $80,000 of the $200,000 he earned in the unanimous decision loss to Condit last Saturday for the UFC interim welterweight title.

Diaz was on the verge of getting a rematch with Condit for the interim championship when the test results returned and scuttled the bout. UFC president Dana White, in Brazil to tape ***8220;The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil,***8221; sent out a message on Twitter late Tuesday in which he said Condit had agreed to a rematch.

But all sides denied Wednesday that a rematch had been agreed upon before news of the positive test result was released Thursday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-iole_nick_diaz_positive_weed_test_020912

kaps
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Not surprising. Damn that PED THC!

jaded
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
The marijuana ruling of banned substances is really crazy...if anything marijuana will have a negative impact on performance...definitely not enhanced.

-Swizzy-
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
they changed the fight to a No Contest.

how does that make any sense? why is Condit getting punished for Diaz's mistake?

F l i c k e r
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
The marijuana ruling of banned substances is really crazy...if anything marijuana will have a negative impact on performance...definitely not enhanced.

Not for him. Nick has openly stated that it makes him fight better. :eek:

No wonder he wasn't going down to those head kicks. That's the second time he tried to cheat one of my boys. :nono:

F l i c k e r
02-09-2012, 06:18 PM

how does that make any sense? why is Condit getting punished for Diaz's mistake?

Doesn't make sense but Nick is a repeat offender and they probably just stayed consistent with the previous punishment.

-Swizzy-
02-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Doesn't make sense but Nick is a repeat offender and they probably just stayed consistent with the previous punishment.

yeah but he won the previous time. shouldn't it be No Contest only if the offender wins? even though marijuana isn't exactly a PED.

the NC actually favors Diaz. he must be happy and jumping for joy right now.

BKM-2010
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Diaz is an idiot. He knows the rules, he just ****ed up for the millionth time. And I thought he was the man to dethrone the champion. Guess it'll probably never happen because of how incompetent and foolish this guy is.

Jack3d
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
lol Diaz is a fuking moron.

Anybody who knows me knows I could care less about drugs in sports, just be smart and don't get caught. But lol @ people asking what the big deal is.

First of all, it's illegal. Whether it enhances performance or not is irrelevant.

Secondly being Diaz uses it to self medicate for ADD (whether this is legit or not is also irrelevant) it is most definitely a performance enhancer.

Lastly, he knows he's no supposed to do it and does it anyway. At least if you are going to do it, learn how to do it without getting caught. This is like his 3rd positive test. Diaz is either retarded or he just doesn't care. What is even more sad is the people in his life, like Cesar Gracie do nothing in the way of holding him accountable or even trying to steer him in the right direction. Diaz just surrounds himself with pieces of *****.

Diaz wouldn't have beaten GSP anyway. Anybody that can actually use movement and footwork and can stick to a gameplan instead of playing rockem sockem robots, has a chance to beat Diaz. Condit exposed him for what he truly is: An overrated fringe contender

ƒallenloki
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Diaz is an idiot. He knows the rules, he just ****ed up for the millionth time. And I thought he was the man to dethrone the champion. Guess it'll probably never happen because of how incompetent and foolish this guy is.

Second time, lol

:****you:

jmt225
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM
War Diaz. Fan for life, no matter what.

Kakutogi-Gumi
02-09-2012, 10:51 PM

Speaking from personal experiences, weed makes you more aware of your body. Especially in grappling. It makes you more fluid in moves. You can feel every tendon do their job as you pull off moves you have seen but haven't studied yet. It's like an out of body experience, but isn't.

In short, it makes the body remember how to do it right.

F l i c k e r
02-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Speaking from personal experiences, weed makes you more aware of your body. Especially in grappling. It makes you more fluid in moves. You can feel every tendon do their job as you pull off moves you have seen but haven't studied yet. It's like an out of body experience, but isn't.

Nick said that before. It makes him better at bjj. Which means, it's making him a better fighter.

Same with Eddie Bravo. He said the same thing.

Kakutogi-Gumi
02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Nick said that before. It makes him better at bjj. Which means, it's making him a better fighter.

Same with Eddie Bravo. He said the same thing.

Half the **** Bravo comes up with is when he's high.

Bobby No Sex
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Half the **** Bravo comes up with is when he's high.

who is silva fighting in ur sig?

kaps
02-09-2012, 11:43 PM
It's only the second time he's been caught, also it's not illegal in California, where he has a prescription for it. I'll bet all my points he wasn't on it during the fight, THC stays in your system for up to a month. Lastly, running away isn't footwork, watch a Frankie Edgar fight for footwork....

kaps
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
This cracked me up....

@DUANEBANGCOM: ***8220;@spilledbagofice: Nick should just say there was some THC in a supplement he got from GNC. #blameGNC***8221; everyone else does. Haha

kaps
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
This one too...

@TimKennedyMMA: Nick Diaz was the aggressor of the fight while he was high as a kite is a testament to how good he really is and how much pot he can smoke.

Bacatit
02-10-2012, 02:29 AM

Daamn didn't read, that so fkk'd up. Condit was in a catch 22 from the beggining. I was actually rooting for Diaz to put some knuckles on GSP but I'm glad Carlos out pointed Diaz.

I'm smoking weed right now and I train all the time but I know if I decide to take a fight the weed has to be put on the back burner. A good portion of professional athletes smoke weed and do sumo**** but they don't fruck up Super Bowls or Olympic Games over weed.

Hey Nick, my girl is a very socialable personality but when she smokes weed regularly she gets anxiety so she doesn't like to be around people high...ever. In other words, Nick's problem is an excuse and if not he definitely doesn't need the kind of weed he's been smoking.

I'll leave the weed comparisons to RoganI just know what I want when I see it lol !!!

Bacatit
02-10-2012, 02:54 AM
yeah but he won the previous time. shouldn't it be No Contest only if the offender wins? even though marijuana isn't exactly a PED.

the NC actually favors Diaz. he must be happy and jumping for joy right now.

They didn't want Condit to win so even though he did win they tried to make it seem like he didn't win and do it over again but then Diaz fkk'ed up again by testing positive so Condit didn't actually win SMDH ????

So Nick has been pretty much catered to after all his rants, he fails to actually defeat his opponent, then test positive after the fight . he knew he didn't like all this attention but now that his mouth has caught up with him instead of being a champ and performing he's folding because HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE WANTS !!!

Floyd can't ask for an OST but weed rules can be changed based on Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit LLLLLLLMAO !!!

jaded
02-10-2012, 03:08 AM

I guess it effects different people differently...for me it makes physical less energetic...lazy...and mentally more goofy...less able to think and respond quickly. The only thing I find it good for is vegetating on the couch...that's why I've pretty much given it up and when I do do it...it's generally one toke and that's it.

I have to agree with this...they should punish Diaz..not Condit.

lol Diaz is a fuking moron.

Lastly, he knows he's no supposed to do it and does it anyway. At least if you are going to do it, learn how to do it without getting caught. This is like his 3rd positive test. Diaz is either retarded or he just doesn't care.

It's all that dope he's smoking.

BKM-2010
02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Second time, lol

:****you:

I also count the times he pulled the GSP fight by not showing up at the press conferences and nearly losing his license after he gang raped Miller. second time my ass.

But don't worry he's obviously keen on keeping up this track record of his. He's gonna do more stupid **** like this in the future.

-2 Scrappy-
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that they even test for thc who the **** cares?

Toney Loc
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Nick Diaz, total badass. :notworthy :notworthy

Blackfoot
02-10-2012, 02:12 PM
LOL they're gonna suspend Diaz for smokin the good stuff

:boxing:

crillz
02-10-2012, 11:28 PM

This is bull**** yo, they really doing that? you all know I feel not only Condit lost the fight but I feel like he ran away so I'm the last one to defend his win but to overturn it? that's over the line. if it was Nick I'd be ****ing fuming so I'd basically be a hypocrite not to be just as mad for Condit because the action is the same except to the disadvantage of the other guy, no difference and bull**** is bull**** no matter how you try to serve it to me

my thing is for what though? Marijuana? what the **** is wrong with smoking weed anyway? it doesn't help you, it's no different than smoking a cigarette except the cigarette is 1,000,000 times worse yet Ricardo Mayorga smokes cigarettes in the ****ing ring. it is absurd to have Marijuana as a banned substance for fighter, the ONLY things that should be banned to a fighter to use are things to give him physical advantages, if anything by smoking weed Nick makes the job harder on himself and still whoops ass it doesn't make him physically stronger and sure as hell doesn't improve his stamina/cardio/work rate

nodogoshi
02-11-2012, 02:08 AM
^^

There is nothing written in the article about the fight being declared a no contest, nor is the fight listed as such on either Sherdog fight finder or Wikipedia, nor does a google search for

nick diaz vs carlos condit declared a no contest

or

nick diaz vs carlos condit "no contest"

yield any results as such.

So the moral of the story is people shouldn't take too seriously what guys say on forums without any evidents, especially a guy like kswizzy.

kaps
02-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't know how so many people who've never met Nick can talk about him being a douchebag or a dick either. He's probably one of the nicest MMA fighters I've ever met and will talk to you for hours about MMA, training, jiu jitsu, nutrition, whatever. If you came up to him talking ****, yeah you'll probably get 5 across the eye but if you show respect he'll talk to you about anything really. Nate's the same way. Also, during your conversation with Nick or Nate you should expect to be asked to train at Cesar's at least 10 times...

New England
02-11-2012, 11:33 PM
smoking weed certainly isnt improving the kid's performance but he's still a bonehead for smoking the stuff when he's training

with his level of physical fitness he wouldnt likely keep thc stored for long. he probably smokes through camp

a period of a few weeks max. fat people store that **** away, but somebody like diaz will detox quickly and piss that **** out.

jmt225
02-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Great article on this situation from comedian Jamie Kilstein

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/2/11/2791683/ufc-143-nick-diaz-marijuana-editorial

In a sport where competitors are routinely elbowed in the face and choked unconscious (sometimes with their own limbs), the UFC's fans sure are a bunch of babies when it comes to weed.

This week Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer stated in an email that "...[Nick] Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites," after his fight at UFC 143.

UFC overlord Dana White said he was "beyond disappointed" in Diaz, and to paraphrase the hellish abyss we know as internet comments, "F**K DIAZ, YO SHULD FIRE HIS DICK 4 BEING STOOPID! NO HOMO!"

The thing is: there is no physical advantage to smoking pot in the fight game. Maybe you will come up with a new arm bar variation, but you will immediately forget it once another Walking Dead marathon comes on.

In the U.S no one has ever overdosed on marijuana, while alcohol kills more people than crack, cocaine, and heroin, combined.

But what do we see when we turn on the UFC's reality show The Ultimate Fighter? A house stacked with angry juice, and it always ends badly: people pissing on each other, fist fights, property destruction, etc. I've never gotten high and thrown a chair through a wall...mostly because I am sitting in that chair.

I get it. Rules are rules, even when they are ****ty rules. But Nick needs marijuana to treat a legit medical condition. ****, he even has a prescription.

It's hard for the general population to accept that weed has legitimate medical effects, since the general population doesn't take their insulin in Target parking lots, or on beanbag chairs listening to Bob Marley or Tool (depending on the mood). But ADHD and Anxiety can be crippling to some people.

Have you seen Nick interviewed? The dude is not acting. He hates it and can barely maintain eye contact. And leading up to this main event with three Primetime specials airing on FX -- on top of the regular press grind -- it was the most pressure that he had ever faced.

Diaz, although known as the bad boy, is one of the healthiest fighters the UFC has on it's roster. He is a vegan, leaning towards a mostly raw, whole food, plant based diet. In his down time, what does he do? Get into bar fights? Take steroids? Rip people off in shady real estate deals? No. He competes in ****ing triathlons! He doesn't put anything into his body unless it will make him healthier.

Not long ago, light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was disqualified for using an illegal elbow against Matt Hamill. That is also a stupid rule, and people called it a stupid rule. The 12-6 elbow is banned like it's some sort of Dim Mak death touch, even though it's the same as other elbows. But back then people weren't screaming, "Jon Jones knows the rules! Fire him!" No. They were furious he was disqualified and had his back.

But Nick Diaz is not Jon Jones. Nick Diaz will never be on the tonight show, he won't be in a commercial, and if he did do a commercial, it would be the most awkward commercial of all time.

Nick Diaz fights. It's what he is good at. It's what we love watching him do. Nick Diaz needs help and support, not to have what he is brilliant at taken away from him.

jaded
02-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Just saw this today...
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/319409

Study: Pot smokers twice as likely to have car accidents

By Elizabeth Cunningham Perkins
Feb 11, 2012

A new study at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada has provided evidence that drivers who smoke pot even hours before operating a motor vehicle are twice as likely to cause crashes as drivers not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
BBC News reported the study's findings published in the British Medical Journal confirming the link between cannabis use up to three hours before driving and increased risk of causing car collisions, probably due to impairment of motor and brain functions needed to operate a vehicle safely, the researchers speculated.
The researchers reviewed and analyzed nine previous studies of 49,411 people from many locations around the world who had been involved in crashes on public roads between one or more cars, sports utility vehicles, vans, trucks, buses and motorcycles, focusing upon collisions related to cannabis use in which at least one person was injured or killed, and they found the risk of causing a serious or fatal accident almost doubled for drivers who had consumed cannabis within three hours of getting behind the wheel, according to study lead-author Mark Asbridge and Dalhousie University's department of community health and epidemiology.
This study is the first to separate the effects on driving of alcohol and other substances from the effects of cannabis, though cannabis is the most popular illicit substance worldwide, and is increasingly being consumed while rates of driving under the influence rise globally, the researchers claimed.
The authors concluded consuming cannabis impairs motor tasks necessary for safe driving, and suggested future studies review and assess minor accidents in the wider driving population for increased risk after cannabis use.