View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Condit Accepts Rematch with Diaz!!!!!

ƒallenloki
02-07-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/383512/Condit-accepts-rematch-with-Diaz/

ƒallenloki
02-07-2012, 10:39 PM
With GSP likely out until 2013, both guys need a top contender in their next fight. This makes sense.

kaps
02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Still a Rumor at the moment, if it does happen, I hope Carlos comes to fight this time....

kaps
02-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Dana just confirmed it on Twitter. The fans must have got to Condit....

Blackfoot
02-08-2012, 01:10 AM
He will do the same thing again but probably literally leave no room for error.

decideonsuicide
02-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Much respect for Condit, but did he really have a choice? He had 3 options:

-sit on the sidelines for 9 months

-fight winner of Ellenberger/Sanchez

-fight Diaz again

9 months off is not a good idea. Ellenberger/Sanchez winner would be fine but there is still a serious risk of losing and it won't be a high profile matchup.

The best option is to fight Diaz again. You can play up the rivalry and get a big payday. I bet the reason this fight happened is because they got serious PPV #'s from 143 and Carlos and Nick are guaranteed big money for this next fight.

kaps
02-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Much respect for Condit, but did he really have a choice? He had 3 options:

-sit on the sidelines for 9 months

-fight winner of Ellenberger/Sanchez

-fight Diaz again

9 months off is not a good idea. Ellenberger/Sanchez winner would be fine but there is still a serious risk of losing and it won't be a high profile matchup.

The best option is to fight Diaz again. You can play up the rivalry and get a big payday. I bet the reason this fight happened is because they got serious PPV #'s from 143 and Carlos and Nick are guaranteed big money for this next fight.

I don't know if the rematch will sell after that first display. Possibly a fox fight?

F l i c k e r
02-08-2012, 01:25 AM
lulz. He'll just make Nick cry again. He ain't going to stay right in front of him. This ain't rock em sock em robots.

Unknown Champ
02-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Kaps we can bet again if you like, hey like old times haha

Bacatit
02-08-2012, 02:01 AM
We need to do the Superbowl over again too !!

I'm embarrassed, why do this ?
Nick is pissin me off, it seems as if he cried his way to a rematch after threatening retirement. Nick should earn his shot if he's still fighting.

MMA is a sport inspired by many forms of ART or Sciences not barbarianism... unless applied within the rules and given amount of time. Nick applied one science Carlos mixed his sh#t up and won the fight.

Bacatit
02-08-2012, 02:05 AM
lulz. He'll just make Nick cry again. He ain't going to stay right in front of him. This ain't rock em sock em robots.

Nick better learn to shoot for the double over night or go talk to Karo cuz Condit ain't goin down easy.

I think Condit wins the rematch and remains a gentlman in his demeanor after the fight. Diaz will not show to the post fight presser and will open a bjj gym in Alaska never to be heard from again.

kaps
02-08-2012, 02:10 AM
We need to do the Superbowl over again too !!

I'm embarrassed, why do this ?
Nick is pissin me off, it seems as if he cried his way to a rematch after threatening retirement. Nick should earn his shot if he's still fighting.

MMA is a sport inspired by many forms of ART or Sciences not barbarianism... unless applied within the rules and given amount of time. Nick applied one science Carlos mixed his sh#t up and won the fight.

Nick never asked for ****. Cesar told Dana that Nick wouldn't be fighting anyone until 2013. Now they're throwing a ton more money at him to make the fight happen. Let me quote you the article...

At UFC 143 on Saturday, Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit fought five rounds for the UFC Interim Welterweight title, with Condit winning the unanimous decision. The outcome was controversial, with Diaz, along with many fans, fighters, and media members feeling that his constant forward pressure was enough to win a clear decision.

Fans, fighters, and media members have spoken. Reality is that 80% of the fans where not only not happy with the fight, but not happy with the decision. This forum has the most haters out of all the forums. I think most of it is people trying to troll me....

Kimo
02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
This rematch is exciting, because it was a good fight, and those two remain a great matchup.

But all these people going crazy for Diaz, listen...I like Diaz as well but he's very limited as a fighter. His boxing is one dimensional in mma terms.

He has ZERO footwork.

and if someone outboxes him like Condit, he doesn't have any other options. It's not like he can go for a takedown or can execute some dirty boxing Couture style against the cage.

Condit is simply a more diverse fighter and I have a feeling the rematch will be very similar.

BEDROOM BULLY
02-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Stop making up numbers man..

Most people who watch mma were happy with the dec.. Hell sure I have seen u say you had no problem with it.

So the fight didn't turn out how u expected??

So what this is mixed martial arts.. Not

Plod forward and brawl till one guy goes Down..

Do I appreciate a fight like that? Sure I also appreciate a guy going out there and putting on a clinic

Bacatit
02-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Stop making up numbers man..

Most people who watch mma were happy with the dec.. Hell sure I have seen u say you had no problem with it.

So the fight didn't turn out how u expected??

So what this is mixed martial arts.. Not

Plod forward and brawl till one guy goes Down..

Do I appreciate a fight like that? Sure I also appreciate a guy going out there and putting on a clinic

The fans are going to **** mma up. Most are ok with that win if not strip Jones and give Rampage his belt back from the Forrest fight too.

-Swizzy-
02-08-2012, 12:18 PM
This rematch is exciting, because it was a good fight, and those two remain a great matchup.

But all these people going crazy for Diaz, listen...I like Diaz as well but he's very limited as a fighter. His boxing is one dimensional in mma terms.

He has ZERO footwork.

and if someone outboxes him like Condit, he doesn't have any other options. It's not like he can go for a takedown or can execute some dirty boxing Couture style against the cage.

Condit is simply a more diverse fighter and I have a feeling the rematch will be very similar.

excellent post. the bold is right on point.

kaps
02-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Running away and backing up is not foot work. Watch Edgar fight to see great footwork in action. I'm not making **** up. This is the only forum or site that I visit that more people think Condit won than Diaz. I said I was okay with decision because it was a close fight. It wasn't a robbery, but I still score it the same after watching it more. 48-47 Diaz. Like most other people...

kaps
02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
It's not happening...

Kenny MF Powers
02-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Diaz dont want it for some reason...

kaps
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Diaz dont want it for some reason...

After the story broke last night Cesar Tweeted Dana White saying that Diaz wouldn't be fighting GSP or Condit until 2013. An hour later he tweeted that things where being reconsidered but now it looks like they're staying the same. Either Diaz wants some time off or is injured. We'll have to wait to see....

Kenny MF Powers
02-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Id have to say good riddance. Ive been a Diaz fan for years now, but to be honest, Im getting tired of his shenanigans.

kaps
02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Id have to say good riddance. Ive been a Diaz fan for years now, but to be honest, Im getting tired of his shenanigans.

Riiiight. **** fighters who always come to throw down and leave it all in the cage!

Kenny MF Powers
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Riiiight. **** fighters who always come to throw down and leave it all in the cage!
I know your a huge fan of the dude, but I did not see the Diaz I was a fan of in the cage with Condit. I like everyone else wanted Diaz to win that fight, but from what I saw he let himself get pulled into fighting Condits fight and LET Condit take the W.

Then the post fight rant was whack, and then the whole missing the press conferences disaster...

Maybe Im wrong but from what I see all his recent misfortune has been caused by him alone.

Boxingtech718v2
02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Not surprising GSP is probably still hurt.

F l i c k e r
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
GSP tore his acl. So of course he will be out for some time. He'll most likely be 80-90% by November but would still need to get in fighting mind where he is comfortable fighting without having the knee thought in the back of his mind. Because after injury you are indeed afraid of injuring it again.

Onto Diaz.... Don't be scared hommie.

kaps
02-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Word on the street is that Diaz may have failed his pre-fight drug test for weed. His medical prescription for his social anxiety disorder...

Kenny MF Powers
02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WG_yfOgYc70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Boxingtech718v2
02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WG_yfOgYc70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oh **** that was kaps word for word lol

Willy Wanker
02-08-2012, 10:29 PM
The sad thing is, Condit would probably fight the exact same way he did the first time. Nothing will change, Jackson more than likely already corrupted a very exciting fighter.

Diaz is still the man, can't blame him for not having any kind of game plan or strategy, not that he ever really seems to. He comes to fight every time and doesn't really do things differently.

But not having a game plan against Condit is understandable since he usually come to scrap every time like Diaz. Diaz was expecting a war like the fans were. I still like Condit, but he blew his chance at showing people what he was all about on the big stage.

kaps
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
oh **** that was kaps word for word lol

I never said that the decision was bull****. Carlos did run though. I see now that you don't read posts, so I'm going to assume you're trolling and you'll get the same treatment as Prinze....

kaps
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
The sad thing is, Condit would probably fight the exact same way he did the first time. Nothing will change, Jackson more than likely already corrupted a very exciting fighter.

Diaz is still the man, can't blame him for not having any kind of game plan or strategy, not that he ever really seems to. He comes to fight every time and doesn't really do things differently.

But not having a game plan against Condit is understandable since he usually come to scrap every time like Diaz. Diaz was expecting a war like the fans were. I still like Condit, but he blew his chance at showing people what he was all about on the big stage.

Pretty much what I've been saying. But everyone else is going to think you're talking about Diaz getting robbed and such.....

BEDROOM BULLY
02-09-2012, 06:49 AM

Can't blame a professional fighter for not having a plan b? Let alone a plan c,d,e etc.. Hope your not serious..

I really don't get the love for this guy.. Sure he is a good fighter.. But the guy is a ****ing idiot.. Acting like a thug all the time.. Missing press conferences, going into 2 day retirements, failing drug tests..

Konstantin
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Condit did show what he was about on the big stage - winning.

F l i c k e r
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM

http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivatore1d6d4490a254e710d88683464b50ab91a080edc. jpg

http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivatorb3d2b9b75a937eed477b1fb9d87b3bbf9dd648a5. jpg

kaps
02-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Exactly. That's why Jon Fitch is the most popular fighter ever...

Konstantin
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Exactly. That's why Jon Fitch is the most popular fighter ever...

What's popularity got to do with it?

It's why GSP is popular.

kaps
02-09-2012, 05:29 PM
GSP gained popularity early in his career when he was crushing dudes, it's wavered since the Hardy fight.....

Here are some fights you will also enjoy...

Shamrock vs. Severn II
Anderson Silva vs. Damian Maia
Sherk vs Franca
Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites
Filho vs. Sonnen II
Shamrock vs. Gracie II
Quarry vs. Starns
Sylvia vs. Arvloski III
Kimbo vs Alexander
Sylvia vs Vera

RIZO24
02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Is it happening or not? I got 1 billion on Diaz. **** Carlos "the jogger" Condit..

ИATAS
02-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Is it happening or not? I got 1 billion on Diaz. **** Carlos "the jogger" Condit..

no diaz tested dirty for weed again so he'll be suspended.

Konstantin
02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
GSP gained popularity early in his career when he was crushing dudes, it's wavered since the Hardy fight.....

Here are some fights you will also enjoy...

Shamrock vs. Severn II
Anderson Silva vs. Damian Maia
Sherk vs Franca
Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites
Filho vs. Sonnen II
Shamrock vs. Gracie II
Quarry vs. Starns
Sylvia vs. Arvloski III
Kimbo vs Alexander
Sylvia vs Vera

You are totally misunderstanding why people are having a problem with you and rubbing it in.

I enjoy watching Diaz fight, I enjoy watching action packed fights. I dislike when fighters use stalling tactics - unless it happens to be the dude I'm rooting for. I think Diaz has some of the best boxing in MMA which I have said earlier here (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11706310&postcount=17).

The problem is on this forum you act as if Diaz is this perfect person and never acknowledge any faults in him. If he's ever in trouble it's always someone else's fault. For you it's not that Diaz fought a crap fight and didn't adjust but Condit didn't fight like a man or sold out or some bull***** like that. Not that Diaz didn't make it to the press conference but why should he have to?

The reason Dorian isn't gonna get half as much ***** as you when Overeem loses is because he's most likely not gonna be such a sore loser. I don't think he will have a problem acknowledging that whoever won will have been a better fighter or fought the better fight.

kaps
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
You are totally misunderstanding why people are having a problem with you and rubbing it in.

I enjoy watching Diaz fight, I enjoy watching action packed fights. I dislike when fighters use stalling tactics - unless it happens to be the dude I'm rooting for. I think Diaz has some of the best boxing in MMA which I have said earlier here (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11706310&postcount=17).

The problem is on this forum you act as if Diaz is this perfect person and never acknowledge any faults in him. If he's ever in trouble it's always someone else's fault. For you it's not that Diaz fought a crap fight and didn't adjust but Condit didn't fight like a man or sold out or some bull***** like that. Not that Diaz didn't make it to the press conference but why should he have to?

The reason Dorian isn't gonna get half as much ***** as you when Overeem loses is because he's most likely not gonna be such a sore loser. I don't think he will have a problem acknowledging that whoever won will have been a better fighter or fought the better fight.

Diaz fought his fight, and won 3 rounds IMO, it's not like Condit destroyed him. Could Diaz have done more, sure, but my only beef with the fight is that Condit promised a "dog fight" and didn't deliver. I've said it 100 times already, if Condit would've knocked Diaz out or won a decision in an all out war I'd be the first one on here praising him for an excellent fight. While I didn't agree with the decision of the fight I thought it was close enough that I couldn't claim robbery or bull**** for whoever got the nod. I hate to see an exciting fighter like Condit go down the same road as GSP. I'll support fighters who bring there all and lose fights before I will someone who would rather play it safe and use stalling/jab n jog techniques to get a decision win. I don't believe Diaz is a perfect person, I support him because he's an exciting fighter who always looks to finish fights and we're from the same area. A lot of people don't like him because of his attitude or whatnot, but that's pretty much how people are around here so I'm used to it. I don't know how I'm a sore loser when I don't complain about the outcome of the fight, just how the fighters performed.....

Willy Wanker
02-10-2012, 02:11 AM

Yeah Condit won fair and square, and I had him winning by one round.

I'm just saying that the majority of casual MMA fans haven't seen Condit fight and putting on a rather boring performance compared to how he usually fights won't do much to garner interest in his fight against someone like GSP.

Yes I'm a Diaz fan, but the reason why I was disappointed in Condit is that I like him a lot as well and still do even though "I was not impressed my his performance."

Condit was a breath of fresh air in the Welterweight division and the sport in general, considering how lackluster many UFC fights have been in recent memory. Now MMA is really becoming too much of a point game. The bottomline is that MMA is a great sport, but it's still a combat sport, basically a good old scrap between two pro athletes. If you want to see a point game, there's always basketball or tennis.

Blackfoot
02-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Diaz fans will always be fans because he is a real fighter. He doesn't go in with a fancy gameplan to outpoint people, he goes in there to seriously mess somebody up. Most Diaz fans you will find are fans of Wanderlei, Liddell, Pele, Rampage, etc.. Pretty much anyone who understands their job description to the fullest and will come to fight their fight no matter who is across from them. It's those kind of balls that gain die hard fans.

Diaz has gone against every opponent in the division with a likewise mindset.. Hell he has been a whisker away from getting KTFO on SEVERAL occasions against these guys, but he's always stayed true to himself and FOUGHT his heart out. He's not trying to just beat these guys on points, he's trying to knock somebody out. To beat the fight out of them until there is nothing left.

Feel me? That's why Diaz fans are diehard and won't give props to any punk sucka who points it out against him. I've been rooting for Condit since WEC and he was right in that category. Right in there with the dogfighters like Daley, MZ and Cyborg.. He was the type of guy who would go out of his way to lay someone out and won fights by whoopin' ass.. Not going in with a gameplan to literally point someone out. Now Condit belongs in the same category as Diego Sanchez, Koscheck, Maynard.. These guys who go in with a gameplan to win on points.

Condit and Jackson sat in an office and literally drew up a gameplan that would get him out of there with as little damage done as possible, with a decision victory. Carlos knew in his heart that his little facade of being a "natural born killer" was up once he stepped in the cage with someone who was down to scrap. He knew he couldn't put Diaz away, so he fought like a complete ***** and got a gift decision. That's the truth.

-Swizzy-
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Diaz fought his fight, and won 3 rounds IMO, it's not like Condit destroyed him. Could Diaz have done more, sure, but my only beef with the fight is that Condit promised a "dog fight" and didn't deliver. I've said it 100 times already, if Condit would've knocked Diaz out or won a decision in an all out war I'd be the first one on here praising him for an excellent fight. While I didn't agree with the decision of the fight I thought it was close enough that I couldn't claim robbery or bull**** for whoever got the nod. I hate to see an exciting fighter like Condit go down the same road as GSP. I'll support fighters who bring there all and lose fights before I will someone who would rather play it safe and use stalling/jab n jog techniques to get a decision win. I don't believe Diaz is a perfect person, I support him because he's an exciting fighter who always looks to finish fights and we're from the same area. A lot of people don't like him because of his attitude or whatnot, but that's pretty much how people are around here so I'm used to it. I don't know how I'm a sore loser when I don't complain about the outcome of the fight, just how the fighters performed.....

ok lets have some perspective here.

Diaz doesn't fight to finish. he fights with flurries of soft punches and prefers to out point and out last his opponent. If Diaz truley wanted to finish fights, he would train like it. He would put more emphasis on power punches and explosive exercises. But he doesn't.

IMO, Condit tried to finish this fight more than Diaz. He through more big kicks and punches and knees than Diaz. Diaz just wants to have a paty-cake boxing match and he wants his opponent to go along with the game. But fact is, this is MMA, not boxing.

sure Condit fought strategicaly, but his intention was still to finish the fight.

So lets get off this silly topic of Condit not "fighting his fight" or "didn't do what he promised". He still tried to finish and Diaz didn't, thats all that matters.

Konstantin
02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
ok lets have some perspective here.

Diaz doesn't fight to finish. he fights with flurries of soft punches and prefers to out point and out last his opponent. If Diaz truley wanted to finish fights, he would train like it. He would put more emphasis on power punches and explosive exercises. But he doesn't.

IMO, Condit tried to finish this fight more than Diaz. He through more big kicks and punches and knees than Diaz. Diaz just wants to have a paty-cake boxing match and he wants his opponent to go along with the game. But fact is, this is MMA, not boxing.

sure Condit fought strategicaly, but his intention was still to finish the fight.

So lets get off this silly topic of Condit not "fighting his fight" or "didn't do what he promised". He still tried to finish and Diaz didn't, thats all that matters.

Yeah, wtf is with this Diaz fighter mentality. The only fighter mentality he has is aggression, as far as actually fighting he is never throwing shots with bad intentions, he's content to outbox guys.

kaps
02-10-2012, 06:31 PM
He finished 9 out of his last 12 opponents. Plus Diaz was the only person close to getting a finish in the entire fight. Condit was not concerned with finishing at all, he was content to back up and score points. Watch the fight again without your blinders on....

Kenny MF Powers
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Diaz fans will always be fans because he is a real fighter. He doesn't go in with a fancy gameplan to outpoint people, he goes in there to seriously mess somebody up. Most Diaz fans you will find are fans of Wanderlei, Liddell, Pele, Rampage, etc.. Pretty much anyone who understands their job description to the fullest and will come to fight their fight no matter who is across from them. It's those kind of balls that gain die hard fans.

Diaz has gone against every opponent in the division with a likewise mindset.. Hell he has been a whisker away from getting KTFO on SEVERAL occasions against these guys, but he's always stayed true to himself and FOUGHT his heart out. He's not trying to just beat these guys on points, he's trying to knock somebody out. To beat the fight out of them until there is nothing left.

Feel me? That's why Diaz fans are diehard and won't give props to any punk sucka who points it out against him. I've been rooting for Condit since WEC and he was right in that category. Right in there with the dogfighters like Daley, MZ and Cyborg.. He was the type of guy who would go out of his way to lay someone out and won fights by whoopin' ass.. Not going in with a gameplan to literally point someone out. Now Condit belongs in the same category as Diego Sanchez, Koscheck, Maynard.. These guys who go in with a gameplan to win on points.

Condit and Jackson sat in an office and literally drew up a gameplan that would get him out of there with as little damage done as possible, with a decision victory. Carlos knew in his heart that his little facade of being a "natural born killer" was up once he stepped in the cage with someone who was down to scrap. He knew he couldn't put Diaz away, so he fought like a complete ***** and got a gift decision. That's the truth.

I have to give you props on your ability to convey your point.

We may disagree slightly, but well played. I can definitely see where youre coming from.

kaps
02-10-2012, 07:08 PM

/End Thread......

Kenny MF Powers
02-10-2012, 07:10 PM
/End Thread......
If Diaz had actually done that I dont think we would be having this conversation. In my opinion it looked like Diaz was playing it safe himself...

kaps
02-10-2012, 07:11 PM
If Diaz had actually done that I dont think we would be having this conversation. In my opinion it looked like Diaz was playing it safe himself...

Safe aggression?

Kenny MF Powers
02-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Safe aggression?
I dont think he was very aggressive at all.

Ive always considered myself a Diaz fan, but like Ive said, that wasnt the Diaz I was a fan of in there with Condit. He gave the fight away imo.

kaps
02-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Ive always considered myself a Diaz fan, but like Ive said, that wasnt the Diaz I was a fan of in there with Condit. He gave the fight away imo.

We're talking about the same fight right? The one that happened last Saturday where Diaz was chasing Condit around the cage punching him in the face and slapping him in the head for running?

Kenny MF Powers
02-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I didnt see it that way. I saw Condit fighting slick and defensive and Diaz not cutting him off.

Virgil Caine
02-11-2012, 01:56 AM

It's hard to fight a guy who doesn't want to fight.

I didnt see it that way. I saw Condit fighting slick and defensive and Diaz not cutting him off.

Than you saw a different fight from the one I saw, as well. And I don't mind slick fighters (though I really don't think the word 'slick' and 'Condit' go together, which isn't a knock, just he's not what I'd call a slick fighter. There aren't many slick fighters in MMA actually. Yves Edwards comes to mind as one though).

Blackfoot
02-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Diaz is making money now.. if he was smart he'd bring in a wrestling champion and truly complete his game

C.Y.
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I don't know why fans were upset with Condit. Diaz got his ass whooped.. people have a misconception on what effective aggression is. Diaz was chasing Condit around but for the last 3 rounds he was landing anything consistently, meanwhile Condit was lighting his ass up, throwing effective strikes on regularity. Dumb ass wanna get bent outta shape because a guy doesn't stand toe to toe and trade strikes

Unknown Champ
02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't know why fans were upset with Condit. Diaz got his ass whooped.. people have a misconception on what effective aggression is. Diaz was chasing Condit around but for the last 3 rounds he was landing anything consistently, meanwhile Condit was lighting his ass up, throwing effective strikes on regularity. Dumb ass wanna get bent outta shape because a guy doesn't stand toe to toe and trade strikes

What took you so long to respond god damn I'm fightin a one man war haha

crillz
02-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Respect to Carlos Condit, the man does have some balls to be taking an immediate rematch against someone who gave him such a hard scrap. I talked a lot of **** about Carlos Condit but this acceptance of a rematch is worthy of respect, others wouldn't have taken this fight and by others I mean just about anyone

Spray_resistant
02-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Respect to Carlos Condit, the man does have some balls to be taking an immediate rematch against someone who gave him such a hard scrap. I talked a lot of **** about Carlos Condit but this acceptance of a rematch is worthy of respect, others wouldn't have taken this fight and by others I mean just about anyone

Looked pretty easy to me, this was not a close fight at all and I wouldn't have cared if he didn't bother with the rematch.

F l i c k e r
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
So, this fight isn't going to happen now?

If not, Hardy-Condit rematch. Now!

KingOne
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM
So, this fight isn't going to happen now?

If not, Hardy-Condit rematch. Now!

cerrone vs. diaz 2 is gonna happen the same night. stacked card.

kaps
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
cerrone vs. diaz 2 is gonna happen the same night. stacked card.

Sauce? Because Nate is set to fight Miller on UFC on Fox 3....

crillz
02-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Looked pretty easy to me, this was not a close fight at all and I wouldn't have cared if he didn't bother with the rematch.

whoa how the heck did this response slip me by..

anyways..

easy? EASY?! lmao is that why he ran for his life? because Nick was easy?

I watched that fight more than 3 times fully already and I can't recall times at all when Condit actually stopped moving backwards, he literally did just enough to keep away from Diaz like literally he'd throw a light leg kick just to make Diaz defend long enough to jet out of there

this wasn't sparring it was the real thing, in training I understand because you want to save yourself for the fight but why do that in the fight? what are you attempting to "save" by doing that in the fight? I'll tell you what he was trying to save his career because somewhere along the atmosphere something must have entered his head that he can't engage with this guy, that he can't basically be himself against Nick because why? Nick would win

Nick CLEARLY won rounds 1, 2 and 5 and I base that on MMA fighting standards for all intents and purposes, he met all of the criteria for a W topping it off with a take down in the end. it was NICK who won this fight and unlike you I'll give props to the other guy, it really wasn't easy but then again it never is easy to win when your opponent runs from you now is it

kaps
02-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Chill Crillz, don't take the bait. He's trollin...

crillz
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Chill Crillz, don't take the bait. He's trollin...

lmao he got me then cuz I thought he was serious. I was like this dude needs his head checked if he really believes that crap

kaps
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
lmao he got me then cuz I thought he was serious. I was like this dude needs his head checked if he really believes that crap

I can understand how some people think that Carlos won, but saying **** like that means he's either trolling or didn't watch the fight...

Marchegiano
02-19-2012, 10:20 AM
It didn't seem like Carlos struggled to implement his plan to me. Nick's not a walk in the park once your in range with him, but Carlos stayed away......Wish there wasn't a rematch. That was a ****ty fight, and the next one will be twice as ****ty 'cause Nick'll probably "try something new"

Blackfoot
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Diaz with wrestling = GOAT

RIZO24
02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Diaz has great jiu jitsu, he can beat wrestlers with his submission skills but if he dis master wrestling he would be ATG.

F l i c k e r
02-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Diaz won't ever be good at wrestling. It's not in his muscular structure. His muscles aren't built for it, in other words.

Marchegiano
02-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Much rather him watch some god damn Tunney. Diaz, modeling tunney would be great.

Blackfoot
02-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Diaz won't ever be good at wrestling. It's not in his muscular structure. His muscles aren't built for it, in other words.

http://didntyoubringanybeer.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/kyle-maynard-2.jpg?w=300&h=220

:bottle:

F l i c k e r
02-19-2012, 05:10 PM
http://didntyoubringanybeer.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/kyle-maynard-2.jpg?w=300&h=220

:bottle:

Muscular structure bruh. Plus that guy is like what? sub 100 weight class? :lol1:

You being into body building and lifting weights, I figure you would know about muscle types for specific tasks. Or was I wrong for assuming that?

Marchegiano
02-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Dan Gable is my personal favorite wrestler. He's a rather light stringy guy. I doubt Dan Gable's wrestling would work in MMA. strikes changes grappling as much as grappling changes strikes. When Randy took down Toney he used a very Gable-like ankle grab. He'd never had tried that with an MMA opponent. Body structure, I agree, is bigger factor for MMA. to relate it to boxing. Long guys who try to fight like they're short. Will tend to struggle with with equal talented short fellas who box them same and long fellas who box long.

Blackfoot
02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Muscular structure bruh. Plus that guy is like what? sub 100 weight class? :lol1:

You being into body building and lifting weights, I figure you would know about muscle types for specific tasks. Or was I wrong for assuming that?

Come on bro, you're saying that because Nick Diaz doesn't have a low center of gravity, that he can't train his wrestling more?

Marchegiano
02-19-2012, 07:14 PM
No, just that there is no way to long-man-wrestle in MMA. I didn't mean to imply that anyone can't do anything. People get caught up in right and wrong a lot. Will can force them to trade. Can't a long man box inside a short man and win in terrific fashion? Yeah boy. Does that prove he's fighting the "right" way. I dunno.

Virgil Caine
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Dan Gable is my personal favorite wrestler. He's a rather light stringy guy. I doubt Dan Gable's wrestling would work in MMA. strikes changes grappling as much as grappling changes strikes. When Randy took down Toney he used a very Gable-like ankle grab. He'd never had tried that with an MMA opponent. Body structure, I agree, is bigger factor for MMA. to relate it to boxing. Long guys who try to fight like they're short. Will tend to struggle with with equal talented short fellas who box them same and long fellas who box long.

My personal favorite is Les Gutches.

But that's because I've met/learned from the guy (in high school).

I even showered with him once

*yes homo

Virgil Caine
02-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm just joking btw. We actually had really ****ty showers at my school which took forever to get warm, and you had to hold the button for water to come out. Les Gutches, like a true warrior, complained about the button pushing thing, but delved right into the cold water, but I gave him my shower (which was warm already) and went out.

Speed Demon
02-19-2012, 08:41 PM

Okay really, you're evaluating his wrestling based on a comparison with wrestlers in MMA who have cross trained regardless that he hasn't cross trained himself.

Your point is moot.

F l i c k e r
02-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Come on bro, you're saying that because Nick Diaz doesn't have a low center of gravity, that he can't train his wrestling more?

He can train his wrestling but I meant his muscle structure isn't made for wrestling. From GSP, to Matt Hughes, even Ben Henderson. They all have the wrestling capable muscle structure. Nick is long and lean, not very raw strength oriented. So he isn't even going to be able to double leg and flip them to the ground. Unless he refocuses his training from marathons to explosive strength training.

He'd be better off learning Judo to supplement his bjj. It uses technique over raw strength to take someone down and the position that judo takedowns end up in, normally can apply bjj right off the bat. ex: Aoki.

Blackfoot
02-19-2012, 10:07 PM
He can train his wrestling but I meant his muscle structure isn't made for wrestling. From GSP, to Matt Hughes, even Ben Henderson. They all have the wrestling capable muscle structure. Nick is long and lean, not very raw strength oriented. So he isn't even going to be able to double leg and flip them to the ground. Unless he refocuses his training from marathons to explosive strength training.

He'd be better off learning Judo to supplement his bjj. It uses technique over raw strength to take someone down and the position that judo takedowns end up in, normally can apply bjj right off the bat. ex: Aoki.

Kind of like Jon Jones right?

This is absolute ludicrous. Look at what wrestling gains Gustafsson has made in such a short time working with Phil Davis, he is the epitome of a lanky-ass swede. I'm sure if he can do it, a guy with nearly unlimited cardio like Nick Diaz could do it. I just don't think he wants to.

F l i c k e r
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Kind of like Jon Jones right?

This is absolute ludicrous. Look at what wrestling gains Gustafsson has made in such a short time working with Phil Davis, he is the epitome of a lanky-ass swede. I'm sure if he can do it, a guy with nearly unlimited cardio like Nick Diaz could do it. I just don't think he wants to.

Jon Jones' muscle structure is made for explosive movements and brute strength. The way he looks is only due to him being so tall with like a 80+ inch reach.

Nick on the other hand has muscle built from marathons and triathlons. Not much explosive work there. Plus, he said that he wanted to wrestle in high school and liked it but just wasn't good at it.

Blackfoot
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Nick says he wants to play the game, he wants people to tell him how to play the game. A lot of peoples' entire plan is to abuse the wrestling bias in the UFC's rule set and call them self a fighter, get to their pay day. I understand that Nick doesn't want to fit in that mold, but you gotta play the game. I for one think that Diaz's game would increase ten fold if he brought in an Olympic wrestler to his camp. I'd like to see one of my favorite fighters become champion again.

Blackfoot
02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Jon Jones' muscle structure is made for explosive movements and brute strength. The way he looks is only due to him being so tall with like a 80+ inch reach.

Nick on the other hand has muscle built from marathons and triathlons. Not much explosive work there. Plus, he said that he wanted to wrestle in high school and liked it but just wasn't good at it.

I don't know man, you're basically telling me that Nick Diaz, who is a proven fighter and athlete cannot train to make his wrestling more effective in fights when I linked you a picture of Kyle Maynard, a congenital amputee with no arms or legs, who is in the national wrestling hall of fame.

I guess I'll just walk away from this one.

Sn1
02-24-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't know man, you're basically telling me that Nick Diaz, who is a proven fighter and athlete cannot train to make his wrestling more effective in fights when I linked you a picture of Kyle Maynard, a congenital amputee with no arms or legs, who is in the national wrestling hall of fame.

I guess I'll just walk away from this one.Kyle Maynard probably isn't half the douche nick is :)

Nick really believed his one style could beat all and refused to improve anything but his standup it seems. Condit lost a lot of fans over his fight with Diaz, but for me, Diaz lost a fan, mainly for being a dick instead of trying to win, then for crying and retiring and then finally for taking medicinal cannabis [yeah right] in the lead up to a fight yet again.

kaps
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Kyle Maynard probably isn't half the douche nick is :)

Nick really believed his one style could beat all and refused to improve anything but his standup it seems. Condit lost a lot of fans over his fight with Diaz, but for me, Diaz lost a fan, mainly for being a dick instead of trying to win, then for crying and retiring and then finally for taking medicinal cannabis [yeah right] in the lead up to a fight yet again.

He takes it in the lead up to every fight. He stops 10 days out and flushes his system. Cesar said there was a problem with his weight cut on this fight which is probably why he got popped again....

Sn1
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
He takes it in the lead up to every fight. He stops 10 days out and flushes his system. Cesar said there was a problem with his weight cut on this fight which is probably why he got popped again....ah well fair enough.

still pissed at his performance. I don't blame Condit at all.

kaps
02-24-2012, 05:13 PM
ah well fair enough.

still pissed at his performance. I don't blame Condit at all.

Don't blame him for playing it safe to get the strap. I blame Greg Jackson for making exciting fighters not so exciting.....

Sn1
02-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't blame him for playing it safe to get the strap. I blame Greg Jackson for making exciting fighters not so exciting.....I have never watched a fight and wanted Condit to win, nothing personal, just not one of the guys that I find interesting, but I thought he did what he needed to, to win and to show the world that Nick Diaz is good, but overhyped.

it's not like Condit will be able to do the same thing against GSP. just one of those one off fights that had to play out the way it did.

I am sure I'll be willing Diaz to beat whoever he fights next, just gotta get over the disappointment of this fight and his (possible?) suspension.

kaps
02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I have never watched a fight and wanted Condit to win, nothing personal, just not one of the guys that I find interesting, but I thought he did what he needed to, to win and to show the world that Nick Diaz is good, but overhyped.

it's not like Condit will be able to do the same thing against GSP. just one of those one off fights that had to play out the way it did.

I am sure I'll be willing Diaz to beat whoever he fights next, just gotta get over the disappointment of this fight and his (possible?) suspension.

I liked Condit, I tend to root for fighters who bring the action win or lose. I guess I'm more like a Japanese fan in that sense. Diaz is temporarily suspended as of right now, with a hearing coming up soon so we'll see what happens...

Sn1
02-24-2012, 05:36 PM
I liked Condit, I tend to root for fighters who bring the action win or lose. I guess I'm more like a Japanese fan in that sense. Diaz is temporarily suspended as of right now, with a hearing coming up soon so we'll see what happens...I enjoy his fights, just not a fan specifically.

arguably my favourite UFC night was when he stopped DHK [UFC 132]
Hell of a night. Guillard destroyed Shane Roller, Leben flatlined Wandy [sweet sweet moment], Tito Ortiz subbed Bader, Dos Anjos koed Sotiropoulos, plus a couple of wars that went to decision.

do you think Condit will rematch Diaz before he fights GSP?

kaps
02-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I enjoy his fights, just not a fan specifically.

arguably my favourite UFC night was when he stopped DHK [UFC 132]
Hell of a night. Guillard destroyed Shane Roller, Leben flatlined Wandy [sweet sweet moment], Tito Ortiz subbed Bader, Dos Anjos koed Sotiropoulos, plus a couple of wars that went to decision.

do you think Condit will rematch Diaz before he fights GSP?

At this point I doubt it. GSP is talking about giving up his title to fight Diaz though. Could be interesting...

Sn1
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
At this point I doubt it. GSP is talking about giving up his title to fight Diaz though. Could be interesting...I fcuking hate GSP.

he doesn't want the fight because Nick Diaz badmouthed him, he wants it so he can say he beat the most badass fighter in the division, when really it's a pretty straightforward win for him, and he knows it.

hate that kind of athlete. amazing mixed martial artist though.

on a funny note, GSP said losing [to serra] was best thing that ever happened to him. you would think he'd try harder to lose if that was the case.