View Full Version : Condit confirms what I've been saying since Saturday.

kaps
02-07-2012, 02:40 AM
"During the fight, I felt like I won four out of the five rounds. I watched it yesterday, and it looked a little bit closer ... I probably would have given Nick two and myself three."

"I think it was a tough fight to call, a tough fight to judge, and a lot of those rounds were really close."

"When you fight a battle, you want to pick the battleground. Nick Diaz loves to back a guy up against the cage. For what I was trying to do in the fight, I wanted a little more range. I was wanting to fight in the middle of the cage. It was a constant battle of positioning in the cage."

"I was throwing with nothing but bad intentions. I was trying to put flying knees on his chin, trying to hit him with spinning back elbows. I was trying to finish the fight."

"For fans that want to see two guys standing right in front of each other and beating each other's faces in, that's what they like to see. And a lot of times I fight like that. But this time, I employed a different strategy to get the win, and people have a problem with that."

"It is what it is," he said of the controversy surrounding the fight. "Just because I employed this strategy this time doesn't mean that I'm not going to come straight forward and look for the kill next time."

MMAjunkie. (http://mmajunkie.com/news/27318/champ-carlos-condit-on-ufc-143-win-in-battles-you-want-to-pick-the-battleground.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Underlined text is a straight up lie. Bold text is what I've been saying since Saturday...

kaps
02-07-2012, 02:41 AM
Also, didn't he say before this fight he was going to come forward and look for the kill? Fool me once....

Bobby No Sex
02-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Also, didn't he say before this fight he was going to come forward and look for the kill? Fool me once....

wasn't he in the middle of the ring the whole fight? nick didn't do shiet in there all he wanted was to pin the dude in the cage. it didn't work in the 1st round so he shoulda done a different game plan.

kaps
02-07-2012, 03:00 AM
wasn't he in the middle of the ring the whole fight? nick didn't do shiet in there all he wanted was to pin the dude in the cage. it didn't work in the 1st round so he shoulda done a different game plan.

You can't be going backwards for 24minutes and be in the center the whole fight, the only time he wasn't backing up is when he turned to run. Diaz won the first 2 rounds so it was working, take your hate blinders off dude....

Bobby No Sex
02-07-2012, 03:06 AM
You can't be going backwards for 24minutes and be in the center the whole fight, the only time he wasn't backing up is when he turned to run. Diaz won the first 2 rounds so it was working, take your hate blinders off dude....

i dont hate diaz. i just hate that he didn't do shiet now we got this boring azz fight with condit and gsp. fawk that! that's my problem.

F l i c k e r
02-07-2012, 03:11 AM
Condit did recover to the middle of the ring though. You call it running, I call it circling out and recovering position.

He also said he was trying to finish the fight as well. He was throwing with bad intentions. So he fought to win but he also tried to put Diaz out. Nick just has a steel face.

kaps
02-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Condit did recover to the middle of the ring though. You call it running, I call it circling out and recovering position.

He also said he was trying to finish the fight as well. He was throwing with bad intentions. So he fought to win but he also tried to put Diaz out. Nick just has a steel face.

That's what he said, but watching the fight you can't honestly believe that, his best strike was the high kick. Nick's been dropped by Top Strikers before, Daley and Zamariskis come to mind. I thought if Carlos would've fought his normal fight he could've dropped Diaz too and givin his finishing rate actually capitalized where others have failed....

shadeyfizzle
02-07-2012, 05:28 AM
You have in same article underlined: "i was throwing with nothing but bad intentions."

That's the way condit had always fought. Not his fault diaz never went down.

kaps
02-07-2012, 05:38 AM
You have in same article underlined: "i was throwing with nothing but bad intentions."

That's the way condit had always fought. Not his fault diaz never went down.

After the article I pointed out that what I underlined was a bold faced lie. He thru one strike with bad intentions. You've obviously never seen Condit fight, check out his fight with Stun Gun or Hardy for details.....

Unknown Champ
02-07-2012, 05:42 AM
MMAjunkie. (http://mmajunkie.com/news/27318/champ-carlos-condit-on-ufc-143-win-in-battles-you-want-to-pick-the-battleground.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29&utm_content=Google+Reader)

Underlined text is a straight up lie. Bold text is what I've been saying since Saturday...

So your upset because he fought a smart fight? :twak:

kaps stop this man this is making you look desperate man, and I dont have an issue with u and dont wanna c u spiral downward lol. I hear what you are saying but let it go homez. :burnup:

kaps
02-07-2012, 05:51 AM

kaps stop this man this is making you look desperate man, and I dont have an issue with u and dont wanna c u spiral downward lol. I hear what you are saying but let it go homez. :burnup:

My god this lack of reading Comprehension. What is desperate exactly? I said Carlos didn't fight like the Natural Born Killer he really is, the fighter I was a fan of, and he said so himself. That's it. I'm fine with the decision because it was a close fight, but Condit sold out to eek out a decision. He fought the Jackson way, he didn't fight to win, just fought not to lose....

G A M E
02-07-2012, 07:55 AM

^^this,

damn, I wonder if Ubereem should lose to JDS if Dorian will be like this

dannnnn
02-07-2012, 08:15 AM
My god this lack of reading Comprehension. What is desperate exactly? I said Carlos didn't fight like the Natural Born Killer he really is, the fighter I was a fan of, and he said so himself. That's it. I'm fine with the decision because it was a close fight, but Condit sold out to eek out a decision. He fought the Jackson way, he didn't fight to win, just fought not to lose....

He didn't 'sell out', he took advantage of Diaz's limitations and fought a smart fight. Diaz needs to have your back against the cage to be effective and Condit didn't allow that. I've no idea how you can claim he didn't fight to win. He most definitely fought to win, which is exactly why he won. He just didn't fight to win by KO.

BEDROOM BULLY
02-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry bad intentions??

Sorry isnt Diaz a guy who certainly doesn't put his full power into most of his punches??

shadeyfizzle
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Sorry bad intentions??

Sorry isnt Diaz a guy who certainly doesn't put his full power into most of his punches??

Exactly. Dude complaining about slapping leg kicks when his boy throws pitty pat punches until his opponent covers up or gets cornered

kaps
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
^^this,

damn, I wonder if Ubereem should lose to JDS if Dorian will be like this

Like what exactly? Agreeing that Reem lost?

He didn't 'sell out', he took advantage of Diaz's limitations and fought a smart fight. Diaz needs to have your back against the cage to be effective and Condit didn't allow that. I've no idea how you can claim he didn't fight to win. He most definitely fought to win, which is exactly why he won. He just didn't fight to win by KO.

Which is exactly the way he's fought in every fight he's ever had except this one. Fighting to win is fighting to finish, Carlos had no intentions of ever trying to do anything to finish, or even be aggressive....

kaps
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Exactly. Dude complaining about slapping leg kicks when his boy throws pitty pat punches until his opponent covers up or gets cornered

I'm sure leg jabs are just as effective 200 punches to the face. SHM....

Bacatit
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Yeah so did Rampage and Rashad when they fought. Prime example of why Carlos did the right, remember when Rampage called Chuck forward to trade and Chuck took the bate ?

Like Chuck said "everybody has a game plan until they get hit int the face" and Diaz did not implement his game plan effectively Carlos did.

BEDROOM BULLY
02-07-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm sure leg jabs are just as effective 200 punches to the face. SHM....

Which he only lands IF people stand infront of him and play his fight..

But that's not the point..

you are going on about bad intentions?

Diaz clearly doesn't go full out with most of his punches

But i am 100% sure those leg jabs hurt him more then he let on.. you could see them marking up during the fight.. Diaz footwork isn't particuarly great anyway so it didn't have such an obvious effect infight

kaps
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah so did Rampage and Rashad when they fought. Prime example of why Carlos did the right, remember when Rampage called Chuck forward to trade and Chuck took the bate ?

Like Chuck said "everybody has a game plan until they get hit int the face" and Diaz did not implement his game plan effectively Carlos did.

Right. I agree. Carlos came to use the rules to his advantage to win a decision and didn't fight like the fighter I was a fan of for so long. Why do you think so many people hate Tim Sylvia? Before he won the title he was knocking people out, after he was content with using his reach to avoid any real fighting and coast to decisions....

kaps
02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Which he only lands IF people stand infront of him and play his fight..

But that's not the point..

you are going on about bad intentions?

Diaz clearly doesn't go full out with most of his punches

But i am 100% sure those leg jabs hurt him more then he let on.. you could see them marking up during the fight.. Diaz footwork isn't particuarly great anyway so it didn't have such an obvious effect infight

Carlos landed some actual leg kicks, that's where the marking came from, not the leg jabs. Carlos avoided the fight, which he's never done before, to get a decision....

Bacatit
02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Right. I agree. Carlos came to use the rules to his advantage to win a decision and didn't fight like the fighter I was a fan of for so long. Why do you think so many people hate Tim Sylvia? Before he won the title he was knocking people out, after he was content with using his reach to avoid any real fighting and coast to decisions....

It's that money and they all need it. A lot of these guys will be forgotten and they need that financial security now.

I agree that it does suck for the fans, but then again we are so finny when it comes to a win and a loss I would secure the money first too.

Unknown Champ
02-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Desperate, look at your sig man. Sold out, nah got the dub because he out smarted the street brawler.:spankme:

F l i c k e r
02-07-2012, 05:17 PM
It's not Condit's fault that Diaz has a steel face. He ate 3-4 flush head kicks. Any other welterweight would have gone down. Diaz stands there stunned but recovered like terminator. Can't blame him for that.

At least he didn't lay and pray him. We all know Diaz can't wrestle and good wrestling can neutralize great bjj. So. :dunno:

Elf
02-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Diaz got handled he had round after round to step up and DIDNT

dough401
02-07-2012, 08:31 PM

This has been a long few days of BS with this fight on here and every other site in the world and it sucked!!! Overall wasn't impressed by any means its a shame we all got played and it sold like 1.something mil im sure Carlos wasn't himself by any stretch and Diaz could've done a little more but thought Diaz won and yes everyone I know hates Tim Silva LMAO

MARKBNLV
02-07-2012, 09:42 PM

My friends say i am nuts but i had Diaz winning 1,2,5,Effective aggression should be key in scoring a fight,and in 1-2 he had condit on the run and was landing,round 5 Condit was winning early but when someone takes your back and almost submits you that is compelling enough to change the rd like if you get dropped from a punch.