View Full Version : Joe Rogan: I watched again and thought Diaz won the fight

Dorian
02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Via his live podcast.

F l i c k e r
02-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Doesn't matter what he thinks. Diaz loss.

kaps
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Most people except Diaz haters will agree. Even some Diaz haters agree too (Ellenberger). I had 1,2, and 5 for Diaz, but 2 was close so I can see how an argument could be made for Condit getting the Nod. Not a robbery by any means. The weirdest thing is that 2 judges gave Nick round 3 when that was Condit's best round IMO...

Mohammedini
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Plzzz!
Condit won that fuk'king fight.

Sometimes mma fans embarrass me with that "landing harder punches/moving forward" bullsh1t.

not a Nick Diaz hater.
Love to see him fight, but the guy is acting like a baby right now.

"buhu, I'm retiring" , Tired of his "i'm a victim" bullsh1t

kaps
02-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Plzzz!
Condit won that fuk'king fight.

Sometimes mma fans embarrass me with that "landing harder punches/moving forward" bullsh1t.

not a Nick Diaz hater.
Love to see him fight, but the guy is acting like a baby right now.

"buhu, I'm retiring" , Tired of his "i'm a victim" bullsh1t

MMA fans?

Ronda rousey
Pat militech
Nate Diaz
Micah miller
Cody mckenzie
Kit cope
Yes Edwards
Mark Munoz
Matt lindland
Dan Henderson
Joe Lauzon
Andre Ward
Josh Neer
Tim Kennedy
Daniel Cormier
Cody McKenzie
Danny Downes
Vinny Magalhaes
mike ciesnolevicz
Cung Le
Jens Pulver
Marloes Coenen
Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell
Royce Gracie
Joe Rogan
Royce Gracie

Unknown Champ
02-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Just watched the fight. Condit as they would say in "Boxing" out boxed Diaz simple and plain. Diaz did not have effective aggressiveness most of the time he was pressing forward. Was it a war? No not at all, but it was a strategic plan to get the W and Condit successfully executed. Did I love that fight? Not at all but a W is a W and Condit proved to be the smarter tactician that night.

Diaz can be mad I don't blame him but he lost by the rules of the UFC, by points. It is not always about koing or submitting your opponents, you can win by the cards, remember?

Overall, that fight was ok but Condit clearly won the decision givin to him.

Kaps you know that's the truth bro.

jmt225
02-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Nick Diaz clearly won the fight. Clearly. There is absolutely no arguing it when you truly break it down by American MMA judging criteria (he also would have won it with Japanese rules, too). You look at Fight Metric, it's clear as day even though they still for some retarded reason gave the W to Condit.

Look at Round 1 specifically though; that's the toss up round. Total Strikes for Condit was 30, while Nick had 28. However, over half of those 30 strikes for Condit were, as Nick put it, "baby leg kicks" that caused no damage whatsoever, while Diaz's shots were punches to the head and body. And then when you factor in the fact that Nick was the aggressor and had octagon control (2 of the 4 factors in judging an MMA fight in the states), he wins the round. There's absolutely no arguing it.

And then the rest is simple... Diaz clearly won round 2, Condit clearly won rounds 3 and 4, and Diaz clearly won round 5. So, by American MMA judging, Nick Diaz should have won that fight. Like Kaps correctly pointed out, only a pure Nick Diaz hater would argue against it.

Unknown Champ
02-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Nick Diaz clearly won the fight. Clearly. There is absolutely no arguing it when you truly break it down by American MMA judging criteria (he also would have won it with Japanese rules, too). You look at Fight Metric, it's clear as day even though they still for some retarded reason gave the W to Condit.

Look at Round 1 specifically though; that's the toss up round. Total Strikes for Condit was 30, while Nick had 28. However, over half of those 30 strikes for Condit were, as Nick put it, "baby leg kicks" that caused no damage whatsoever, while Diaz's shots were punches to the head and body. And then when you factor in the fact that Nick was the aggressor and had octagon control (2 of the 4 factors in judging an MMA fight in the states), he wins the round. There's absolutely no arguing it.

And then the rest is simple... Diaz clearly won round 2, Condit clearly won rounds 3 and 4, and Diaz clearly won round 5. So, by American MMA judging, Nick Diaz should have won that fight. Like Kaps correctly pointed out, only a pure Nick Diaz hater would argue against it.

baby leg kicks huh? smh come on dude got out worked and out maneuvered. No way Nikki won that fight. Take a loss and learn from your mistakes. Kaps seemed to think Condit "It's rather boring. But Carlos did what he had to do to get the nod. " when he coughed up his e points. Sorry kaps to put you on blast but u and your jiggas gotta take a L like I did when Cerrone lost to your boy nate, *****. I was pissed because thought he fought angry but I took it like a man and gave Nate credit
:bottle::fing26:

kaps
02-07-2012, 02:35 AM
I said the fight was close, not a robbery, do you read posts or just assume I feel one way or another?

kaps
02-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Video of said podcast...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gkgFrgl3uHs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

led
02-07-2012, 04:19 AM
I wont be surprised if Dana thinks Diaz won too. Imagine, how much money would GSP-Diaz brings (the thing I regret about Condit's W is I am hyped to see that match).

But it is what it is, Condit did what he should do to get the title shot.

kaps
02-07-2012, 04:21 AM
I wont be surprised if Dana thinks Diaz won too. Imagine, how much money would GSP-Diaz brings (the thing I regret about Condit's W is I am hyped to see that match).

But it is what it is, Condit did what he should do to get the title shot.

Now you agree with me? Dana said he thinks Condit won, which I could see because it was a close fight. Rounds 2 and 5 are what are hanging most people up.....

led
02-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Now you agree with me? Dana said he thinks Condit won, which I could see because it was a close fight. Rounds 2 and 5 are what are hanging most people up.....

I mean about Dana because everybody wants to see GSP-Diaz. He would pander on it coz that match spells tons of $$$.

Regarding about agreeing with you, never in my posts I said anything about the result of the fight. My point is that Carlos stick to his gameplan and it did good for him to earn the title shot. He compromised his reputation, yes in that fight. As I always said, he just did what needed to be done.

And if there is to blame why Diaz lost, it is him alone too. When he has other options rather than taunt Carlos to fight toe to toe against him.

Unknown Champ
02-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Damn I like Rogan but he is chirpin on Diaz'z nuts yo lol

Money Shot
02-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Diaz won it for me, Condit threw some fancy strikes and more leg kicks but non of them were significant. Diaz dominated proceedings.

Mersey
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Diaz should have got the decision IMO, specially after watching it the second time.

Tha_Greatest
02-08-2012, 03:05 AM
im no fan of mma but diaz looked more impressive, i thought he won 3 outta5 rds

-Swizzy-
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Condit set the record for kicks in a UFC fight......

reason Rogan's opinion doesn't matter in this case --> "Training by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Diaz

of course he's gonna think Diaz won.

kaps
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Condit set the record for kicks in a UFC fight......

reason Rogan's opinion doesn't matter in this case --> "Training by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Diaz

of course he's gonna think Diaz won.

Except while watching it live he thought Carlos won.......

SkillspayBills
02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
Damn Kaps have you actually met the Diaz brothers before?

kaps
02-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Damn Kaps have you actually met the Diaz brothers before?

Yeah, I met Nate outside of Cesar's and Nick at Vintage Fair Mall in Modesto. Nice guys, always trying to get everyone to come train with them....

Jack3d
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Jeez, Kaps. Give it a rest. Still posting about people who agree with you will not change the result of the fight.

And even if it could Diaz wouldn't have the interim strap anyway because he pissed hot

kaps
02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Jeez, Kaps. Give it a rest. Still posting about people who agree with you will not change the result of the fight.

And even if it could Diaz wouldn't have the interim strap anyway because he pissed hot

I just answered a question that someone asked me, the rest of the posts are days old chief...