View Full Version : If Carlos would've Koed Nick

kaps
02-05-2012, 01:45 AM
In the first round, or even fought like the Condit everybody knows and likes, I'd have no problem with this fight. The truth is he tried and succeeded winning by points, a Greg Jackson curse, and lost fans because of it. The only people who could be happy with how he fought is Greg, his family, and Diaz haters. Anybody who's ever seen any of his other fights know what type of fighter he is and can be. That's not the fighter we seen tonight.....

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Also, how where rounds 1, 2, and 5 not Diaz rounds?

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Fighters on Twitter that thought Diaz won...

Ronda rousey
Pat militech
Nate Diaz
Micah miller
Cody mckenzie
Kit cope
Yes Edwards
Mark Munoz
Matt lindland
Dan Henderson
Joe Lauzon

Dice
02-05-2012, 02:07 AM
He fight balls out 90 percent of the time the mans allowed to fight smart once in a while but then again ur allowed not to be a fan Of his.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:09 AM
He fight balls out 90 percent of the time the mans allowed to fight smart once in a while but then again ur allowed not to be a fan Of his.

I was a fan, until tonight. I like fighters who fight...

Dice
02-05-2012, 02:11 AM

Ull be back especially if he knees gsps head off. Who u wanna see nick in there wit next?

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Ull be back especially if he knees gsps head off. Who u wanna see nick in there wit next?

At the presser, the question was asked to Kos if he would take a Nick fight. He said he would fight Nick. :dunno:

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Kos lost tonight too. Terrible judging all around IMO....

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:18 AM

Condit has nothing for GSP dude. The only reason the GSP/Diaz fight was intriguing was because of Nick's Jiu Jitsu. I posted the GSP/Condit fight in another thread...

Dice
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM
I dont think kos deserves to fight nick after his crap performance. I wanna see nick wit a wrestler to see if he fixed that whole in his game so ill take a kos or a fitch fight or a hendricks fight.

Or for some fights kaps would like to see, diaz vs kampman/alves or diaz vs ellenburger/sanchez although i think condits gonna get the ellenburger sanchez winner

Dice
02-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Condit has nothing for GSP dude. The only reason the GSP/Diaz fight was intriguing was because of Nick's Jiu Jitsu. I posted the GSP/Condit fight in another thread...

And if he knocks gsp the fuk out he would win u back as a fan, and its mma anything can happen

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:32 AM

Ronda rousey
Pat militech
Nate Diaz
Micah miller
Cody mckenzie
Kit cope
Yes Edwards
Mark Munoz
Matt lindland
Dan Henderson
Joe Lauzon

Andre Ward
Josh Neer

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:35 AM
And if he knocks gsp the fuk out he would win u back as a fan, and its mma anything can happen

If he point fought Nick what makes you think he won try the same thing with George? Greg Jackson motto "Win but don't fight."

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:37 AM
They don't know **** about MMA apparently. This ain't boxing.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lrNegm5HNbw/Ty4apz3XglI/AAAAAAAAHxU/3UW3ym7_An0/s1600/24.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B56Q72c7JMk/Ty4anzTIGSI/AAAAAAAAHxE/dgbpFZ2OJRE/s1600/22.gif

Look at that. Leg kick, take some, go to the body, circle out. Brilliant.

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 02:38 AM

So why do you like Nick then eh? He weren't doing f*ck all fighting in the last 3 rounds was he. Just walking him down n tryna bully him by staring him down n pretendin his punches weren't hurting. I reckon Nick's lost more fans tonight for his bad sportsmanship at the end, showing he's a real sore loser yu know. Carlos weren't running, he was bein smart, why wud he just stand there light Penn did and lose every round? Dats just stupid. I love Nick still, but he needs to come back and not retire a sore loser! He should have upped the pace n not listened to his brother (Who sounds clean down syndrome like when he talks) who was telling him he was up 3 rounds to 1, 'cos he clean wasn't lol
I think GSP looked a bit worried when Nick was taunting Carlos in the second, but to win fights yu can't do that, you gotta try knock him out or fight better than him, which he never did!
Carlos is a humble geezer, unlike Nick and BJ !! Some real bad losers goin on right der

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Nick won the first 2 rounds. Maybe not the 3rd but Nate was pretty right on. I guess you've never seen Carlos fight before either....

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:45 AM
They don't know **** about MMA apparently. This ain't boxing.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lrNegm5HNbw/Ty4apz3XglI/AAAAAAAAHxU/3UW3ym7_An0/s1600/24.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B56Q72c7JMk/Ty4anzTIGSI/AAAAAAAAHxE/dgbpFZ2OJRE/s1600/22.gif

Look at that. Leg kick, take some, go to the body, circle out. Brilliant.

I'll just post this since posting every gif would take forever. You keep posting the same 2. Carlos' entire offense in the fight. What do you notice about the rest of them? Diaz landing punches and Carlos running...

http://ironforgesiron.com/nick-diaz-vs-carlos-condit/

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Diaz came to fight.
Condit came to execute a gameplan.

Both fulfilled their desires.
The judges favoured Condits approach.
The fighters listed (along with myself) favoured the Diaz approach.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Andre Ward
Josh Neer

Tim Kennedy
Daniel Cormier
Cody McKenzie
Danny Downes
Vinny Magalhaes

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:49 AM

Ronda rousey
Pat militech
Nate Diaz
Micah miller
Cody mckenzie
Kit cope
Yes Edwards
Mark Munoz
Matt lindland
Dan Henderson
Joe Lauzon

Andre Ward
Josh Neer

Tim Kennedy
Daniel Cormier
Cody McKenzie
Danny Downes
Vinny Magalhaes

And Flicker knows more about MMA than all of them.........

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Kaps yur a sore loser aswell fam. It wasn't poor judging, it was spot on, go watch the fight again widout yur Diaz rose tinted glasses on! The first round was probably Nicks, second was close call but Carlos put some sick combos together, 3rd was Condits, as was the 4th, 5th was close, Carlos took the first 4 minutes of it and Nick landed the submission attempt. Nick wasn't doing f*ck all in the last 3 rounds apart from walking him down and eating Carlos' kick and punch combo's.
All three judges scored it to Carlos, Don't start telling me yu think Jorgensen beat Barao on points now bro...

I reckon Nick will retire now anyway, he would have got Millions if he won this fight and fought GSP, even if GSP had beaten him. He knows he ent good enough now after Condit schooled him and GSP would have done aswell, He can't up the tempo or switch up his game plan, he needs his opponent to be a dumb mother f*cker like BJ and just stand there, trade wid him n let Nick bully him

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:54 AM
I've watched in more than once already. First round Diaz, second round closer but still Diaz. 3 4 Condit. 5 Diaz. I'm more disappointed in Carlos Condit than I am the decision. I don't know how even the biggest Condit fan could be happy with what he did tonight. He turned a FOTY fight into a hit and run sleeper.....

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:55 AM
And apparently you didn't read the title of this thread. I'd be fine with a Condit Ko, or even a Condit decision in an all out war like Condit usually fights. This was the stand up version of a lay and pray fight...

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Nick won the first 2 rounds. Maybe not the 3rd but Nate was pretty right on. I guess you've never seen Carlos fight before either....

Nick won the first, he never categorically won the second at all bro. Carlos weren't running, Nick was walking him down tryna back him against the cage so Carlos was moving and landing combos at the same time, Nick just carried on walking him down and eating them while getting a few off himself.

I've seen Carlos a few times still, I saw him get beat up by MacDonald, I watched him knock out my boy Dan Hardy, and obviously i've seen bare highlight reels of him n dat aswell.
Tonight was a smart gameplan for Carlos, he got it spot on. He knew it would be tough to land a knockout or submission on Diaz, so he did what he had to do, and he was throwing some heavy hands aswell at times, dat looked to me like he was throwing dem looking to knock him down n jump on him, but it didn't work...
Who's face was all swollen up at the end of the fight kaps ???
N how does Greg Jackson tell his fighters to win on points? Does Cowboy and Bones go out there to win on points? Lol, A hell of a lot of Nate and Nicks fights end in a decision, not Jackson boys...

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Nick won the first, he never categorically won the second at all bro. Carlos weren't running, Nick was walking him down tryna back him against the cage so Carlos was moving and landing combos at the same time, Nick just carried on walking him down and eating them while getting a few off himself.

I've seen Carlos a few times still, I saw him get beat up by MacDonald, I watched him knock out my boy Dan Hardy, and obviously i've seen bare highlight reels of him n dat aswell.
Tonight was a smart gameplan for Carlos, he got it spot on. He knew it would be tough to land a knockout or submission on Diaz, so he did what he had to do, and he was throwing some heavy hands aswell at times, dat looked to me like he was throwing dem looking to knock him down n jump on him, but it didn't work...
Who's face was all swollen up at the end of the fight kaps ???
N how does Greg Jackson tell his fighters to win on points? Does Cowboy and Bones go out there to win on points? Lol, A hell of a lot of Nate and Nicks fights end in a decision, not Jackson boys...

He literally turned his back and ran in every round of this fight. Bones was doing the same thing to Rampage before he turned it on. Cowboy don't listen, which is why I'm still a fan of his, because he's a fighter, not a point guy...

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 03:07 AM
And Flicker knows more about MMA than all of them.........

Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I never said that.

Punches vs Kicks, punches, knees, elbows.

It's obvious why Nick loss. He never checked a single kick, so all of them scored complete. He never attempted to evade any punches, so he got tagged a lot. His show boating got him left open so his already slow reflexes worked against him. He came to fight one dimensional in a MIXED martial arts fight and loss because of it. Condit never stayed right in front of him and kept a pace higher than even Nick's own and won because of it.

I think we learned that from what? UFC 3? That just boxing doesn't mean winning in the octagon. Like I said, it's cool to be upset, it's your favorite fighter but real recognize real.

Danny Gunz
02-05-2012, 03:11 AM
I just think if anything people should be more upset with Diaz showing how incredibly one dimensional he is. Condit was sticking and moving on him and Diaz was lost.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Hey, don't put words in my mouth. I never said that.

Punches vs Kicks, punches, knees, elbows.

It's obvious why Nick loss. He never checked a single kick, so all of them scored complete. He never attempted to evade any punches, so he got tagged a lot. His show boating got him left open so his already slow reflexes worked against him. He came to fight one dimensional in a MIXED martial arts fight and loss because of it. Condit never stayed right in front of him and kept a pace higher than even Nick's own and won because of it.

I think we learned that from what? UFC 3? That just boxing doesn't mean winning in the octagon. Like I said, it's cool to be upset, it's your favorite fighter but real recognize real.

The outcome has nothing to do with it. I don't know how many times I gotta say that. It's the way Condit fought that I don't like. It was ***** made, I'm just a fan of fighters, not point scorers. I thought Condit was a fighter, I was wrong. That's why I'm fans of guys like Leben, Wanderlie, Gomi, Nick and Nate, because they come to fight. That's why I don't like guys like Bisping, Sonnen, Sherk, Maynard, Fitch, because they come to score points....

oscar_angels091
So a guy trying to accomplish his dream and win a title, executing a game plan, and winning is dumb? Im sure he prefers the belt and the gsp shot then a fight of the night bonus..

Marshall89
This fight Carlos couldn't lose, dats why he never played into Nicks hands...
I remember you bare hating on Bones Jones aswell, i remember noone could have a standard conversation wid yu cos yu were to far up Rashad's ass!
Everyone knows the Diaz brother's BJJ skills, if Carlos had got dropped or got in trouble in this fight like he did against MacDonald, that would probably have been goodnight Vienna for Carlos, another 2 years of fighting to get to a next title shot.
If you weren't such a massive Diaz fan, you would agree Carlos did the right thing and beat Nick, straight up. This was no controversial decision like my boy Chael's fight against Bisping. When Bruce sed it was Unanimous every would have known right there that Carlos got it. No poor judging a gwarn here kid.
You would have been happy if Carlos KO'd Nick, but you know this wouldn't have happened, dats why yur saying it fam. Yu wud have been happy if Carlos won after giving Nick a war, but yu know then Nick would hav won on points or submission, dats why yu sed dat aswell in the title

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:16 AM
So a guy trying to accomplish his dream and win a title, executing a game plan, and winning is dumb? Im sure he prefers the belt and the gsp shot then a fight of the night bonus..

You're exactly right, he did what he had to do to be GSP's next mattress. Instead of being himself, the fighter, the finisher we all love to watch fight....

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:19 AM
This fight Carlos couldn't lose, dats why he never played into Nicks hands...
I remember you bare hating on Bones Jones aswell, i remember noone could have a standard conversation wid yu cos yu were to far up Rashad's ass!
Everyone knows the Diaz brother's BJJ skills, if Carlos had got dropped or got in trouble in this fight like he did against MacDonald, that would probably have been goodnight Vienna for Carlos, another 2 years of fighting to get to a next title shot.
If you weren't such a massive Diaz fan, you would agree Carlos did the right thing and beat Nick, straight up. This was no controversial decision like my boy Chael's fight against Bisping. When Bruce sed it was Unanimous every would have known right there that Carlos got it. No poor judging a gwarn here kid.
You would have been happy if Carlos KO'd Nick, but you know this wouldn't have happened, dats why yur saying it fam. Yu wud have been happy if Carlos won after giving Nick a war, but yu know then Nick would hav won on points or submission, dats why yu sed dat aswell in the title

Dude I hate Rashad Evans. Carlos has the power to KO anyone. I just wanted to see a fight between the only 2 real fighters of the WW division, and Carlos robbed me of that. 1,2, and 5, where Nick regardless of Condit's **** ***gotry.....

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Mayweather wins bare fights on points aswell, it's called being smart bro. Mayweather ent losing his 0 for noone, dats why he constantly turns his back on his opponent trying to land point deductions 4 them by hitting the back of his head. It works man! straight up.

Bones was running from Rampage? what fight was yu watching? I reckon once or twice he showed sick head movement and balance by moving outta the way of Rampage's right hand. Yu a Lamont Peterson fan? Hell noone should be a fan of my man's going by your logic Kaps. He gets in a tough fight and looks to pressure and win on points, with the help of the referee and an unknown tamperin wid the scorecards, now he's doin EVERYTHIN in his power to appeal against the Khan rematch decision to keep Khans belts dat he robbed

Danny Gunz
02-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Carlos went in there to win, and he did that. Its not fair devaluing his performance just because you didn't like the style.

It would have been foolish to fight Diaz' style. Condit realized this and adapted, thats what great fighters do.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:24 AM
This isn't boxing. Me and mostly everybody else except for the known Diaz haters on this forum think that Diaz won 3-2 despite Carlos *****ing out.....

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:25 AM
Carlos went in there to win, and he did that. Its not fair devaluing his performance just because you didn't like the style.

It would have been foolish to fight Diaz' style. Condit realized this and adapted, thats what great fighters do.

I was nervous before this fight because I thought Condit had a chance with his real style. I guess I like to watch fighters fight and you like to watch people hit and run. It's cool, to each their own I guess....

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:28 AM
This is literally the only forum where I can find more people thinking that Condit won than Diaz. I think it has more to do with me than the actual fight on this forum....

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 03:29 AM
The outcome has nothing to do with it. I don't know how many times I gotta say that. It's the way Condit fought that I don't like. It was ***** made, I'm just a fan of fighters, not point scorers. I thought Condit was a fighter, I was wrong. That's why I'm fans of guys like Leben, Wanderlie, Gomi, Nick and Nate, because they come to fight. That's why I don't like guys like Bisping, Sonnen, Sherk, Maynard, Fitch, because they come to score points....

Sonnen? what yu smoking bro? send me sum!!!
Sonnen goes straight in there against the best in the world, beats him up for 4 n a half rounds and eats bare of Andersons mad hard elbows, n he come's just to win on points? Yur a f*ckin idiot Kaps.
Maynard sure as hell looked to me like he was trying to knock Frankies head off in both their fights, but he was to slow to capitalise on Frankie wobbling.

Go have a fight Kaps, come back when yu know whats popping and yu stopped sucking Diaz and Evans' d1cks.

Yu hate Rashad? Shut up man, just shut up. i remember dat massive waste of time debate i was having wid yu about Bones and Evans.

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Go to a next forum then and cry about Nick's poor fight wid yur online boys then fam. Some serious sadacts on here i swear down lol

Danny Gunz
02-05-2012, 03:35 AM
I was nervous before this fight because I thought Condit had a chance with his real style. I guess I like to watch fighters fight and you like to watch people hit and run. It's cool, to each their own I guess....

I never said that dude, I'm just saying Condit won because he is smarter.

You want to see evidence that there was a fight? Just look at Diaz' face.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Go to a next forum then and cry about Nick's poor fight wid yur online boys then fam. Some serious sadacts on here i swear down lol

Reading comprehension is important. Try it sometime. What's with the name calling? Maynard is the biggest lay and pray fighter out there the only reason he was punching at Edgar was because he couldn't take him down. I've never like Rashad since TUF, I don't even think he can beat Bones, but I believe Bones ducked him, and that he has the best chance right now of pulling the upset. If you wanna continue with the name calling and **** you can find another forum to post on. Condit *****ed out and got the nod. Look at all his other fights, or even his record if you don't believe that. Dude was a finisher, a real fighter, and he traded it all for a shot to be GSP's Mattress. Now let's look at Sonnen, dude has lost more fights by submission than most top fighters have even lost. His biggest win was a staring contest over an obviously drunk Filho. Out of his 27 wins he has 16 decisions.....

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:43 AM
I never said that dude, I'm just saying Condit won because he is smarter.

You want to see evidence that there was a fight? Just look at Diaz' face.

Diaz marks up in all his fights. Doesn't mean anything significant landed. Carlos leg kicked and ran to a judges nod. Kalib Starns would've been proud...

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Here are the FightMetric stats.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/934840/Diaz-Condit_striking_medium.jpg

151 significant strikes to 105.
159 total strikes to 117
Winning 3 striking categories to Diaz's 2.
:dunno:

link here: http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:49 AM
Woooooo leg jabs! I've seen so many fights finished with soft leg kicks it's crazy!

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:51 AM
That Just proves my point. Carlos didn't come to fight, he came to win on points, and got the nod. A once great fighter point fighted his way to a title shot. The end....

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 03:51 AM
Woooooo leg jabs! I've seen so many fights finished with soft leg kicks it's crazy!

Well, it's also saying that Nick's soft pitty pats weren't much either. :dunno:

8 of 46 to head power? All Nick did was punch. Saying his punches were worthless basically.

Addition
02-05-2012, 03:55 AM

Ronda rousey
Pat militech
Nate Diaz
Micah miller
Cody mckenzie
Kit cope
Yes Edwards
Mark Munoz
Matt lindland
Dan Henderson
Joe Lauzon

No surprises there :rolleyes:

Didn't watch the fight but it sounds like Condit had a game plan, stuck to it and won. Props to him.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:56 AM
mike ciesnolevicz
Cung Le
Ariel Helwani

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Grow up son. Again, noone can have a standard debate wid yu. I'm now even happier Diaz lost, knowing yur crying so hard about it, drinking yur sorrows away while yur alone at home at yur computer.
Yu made me switch on Rashad aswell at the time wid all yur bulls*** lol, n i'm a big Rashad fan !

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:58 AM
OCTOGON CONTROL,GRAPPLING,STRIKING,AGGRESSION are how fights are scored right. So even if you give Condit Striking, he still lost the other 3 criteria every round....

Marshall89
02-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Yu would have been saying the same thing about BJ if he had won on points instead of Nick! But in reality he was not as smart and fit as Condit

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Grow up son. Again, noone can have a standard debate wid yu. I'm now even happier Diaz lost, knowing yur crying so hard about it, drinking yur sorrows away while yur alone at home at yur computer.
Yu made me switch on Rashad aswell at the time wid all yur bulls*** lol, n i'm a big Rashad fan !

What the **** are you talking about? I think it's time you took a break from here fella. I think I've said 5 times already I don't care about the result just about how Carlos sold out. You can't have a debate without name calling. Enjoy your time off. Cheers....

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Yu would have been saying the same thing about BJ if he had won on points instead of Nick! But in reality he was not as smart and fit as Condit

BJ is a fighter, he fought, Carlos used to be a fighter, now he's a point fighter. Nick is always a fighter. If you enjoy watching guys win on points and not try to finish that's good for you, I like to watch fighters fight....

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:05 AM
TJ Dillashaw...

Addition
02-05-2012, 04:07 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/729/butthurt2.jpg

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Condit's new entrance music!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EzvpUc2EdKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:08 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/729/butthurt2.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YofEd4f_qEE/Tae8SDubk_I/AAAAAAAAAEI/9nLmStj7m4I/s1600/ReadingForDummies.jpg

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:11 AM
You've had 2 warnings about the name calling, peace out dude....

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:22 AM
I know fights wont always live up to the hype but when a guy constantly advertises himself as a Natural Born Killer and then proceeds to do the opposite it aggravates me. "I wont stop until one of us is unconscious".

G A M E
02-05-2012, 04:30 AM
cant be mad at Condit.

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Jens Pulver
Marloes Coenen

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Final thoughts. Carlos had a gameplan, stuck to it, and got the nod from the judges. It is what it is. I just don't like that he compromised who he was as a fighter to get a title shot. That's my whole beef. He sold out.......

kaps
02-05-2012, 05:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5N9Pk.png

But I'm confident that you all know more than they do about MMA...

Grapes
02-05-2012, 05:24 AM
yo kaps youre such a nuthugger it's not even funny anymore get a fkcing life or something youre a *** ! just be proud of who you are! ***** ass ***** !

kaps
02-05-2012, 05:27 AM
yo kaps youre such a nuthugger it's not even funny anymore get a fkcing life or something youre a *** ! just be proud of who you are! ***** ass ***** !
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/opedius247/WebGraphcs/lolwut.png

Grapes
02-05-2012, 05:27 AM
btw, yes diaz won but im stating that you're a b!atch simply because it's abnormal how much of a nuthugger you are ! I bet you'd lick the diaz bros nuts for fun !!!! you take this MMA **** so seriously it's not even funny!

kaps
02-05-2012, 05:29 AM
btw, yes diaz won but im stating that you're a b!atch simply because it's abnormal how much of a nuthugger you are ! I bet you'd lick the diaz bros nuts for fun !!!! you take this MMA **** so seriously it's not even funny!

So confused....

Grapes
02-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Bye everyone!

kaps
02-05-2012, 05:35 AM
I wonder if Dorian is gonna catch this much **** if Overeem loses. It's hilarious that so many hate a fighter just because I'm a fan of his. Still a Nick Diaz fan, still believe he's got the best shot at beating GSP, and will still rock the Avi and Sig. Haters gonna hate. It's all good.....

led
02-05-2012, 06:19 AM
One thing Condit showed to me. He isnt just skilled and athletic fighter...he has the smarts too.

kaps
02-05-2012, 06:22 AM
One thing Condit showed to me. He isnt just skilled and athletic fighter...he has the smarts too.

Greg Jackson IMO. He did what he had to do...

led
02-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Greg Jackson IMO. He did what he had to do...

Well then, he is a discplined fighter. He listens and follows.

kaps
02-05-2012, 06:38 AM
Well then, he is a discplined fighter. He listens and follows.

I'm more a fan of fighting and finishing. Like his other fights. Not into fighting safe just to get a W, never found in entertaining and I still don't....

Virgil Caine
02-05-2012, 08:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5N9Pk.png

But I'm confident that you all know more than they do about MMA...

I in fact had Diaz winning 1, 2 and 5 as well.

But those were close rounds where as 3 and 4 were a little more clear cut, and so I wasn't surprised really by the decision.

Boxingtech718v2
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Stop with the fanboy nonsense at best the fight should be a draw at worse a loss for Diaz.
In my humble opinion there should be an immediate rematch on Fox since GSP probably still has a ways to go in his recovery.
Hopefully crybaby Diaz doesn't quit.

Clegg
02-05-2012, 10:24 AM
People talk about him showing good skills, but I didn't see it. Obviously, he's a successful pro fighter so of course his skills are good, but I mean in comparison to other high-level guys. To me, a guy with great defensive skill will you slip, block or parry a punch or check a kick and then land one of his own. Great footwork while backing up involves walking people onto your shots or using lateral movement and angles. Condit did these things a few times, but for the most part he just wanted to run away. He gameplan was to win a decision by fighting as little as possible, if he could 'fight' for 5 seconds of a round and avoid contact for the rest then he'd be delighted.

I like to see a fight, and what Condit did was not 25 minutes of fighting, it was about 3 minutes of fighting and 22 minutes of running. I got the feeling he'd watched Silva-Maia for inspiration.

I also hated the commentary, which is some of the worst I've heard even by UFC standards. There was a comment at the end, something like "Diaz and Condit share the exact same warrior DNA", wtf fight were these guys watching?

I think Diaz can be criticised, he should've done better. But I can't understand people praising Condit like they are. After someone wins by lay and pray I often hear "if you don't like grappling in MMA, go watch boxing". Well, if you like fights like Condit-Diaz, go watch a nervous 10 year old in a karate tournament.

Mersey
02-05-2012, 11:26 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iOmnQCJOX7U/Ty4ag0JvUnI/AAAAAAAAHwk/AQe_CZaNGRM/s1600/18.gif

How sexy was this combination?

RIZO24
02-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Im an MMA fan from way back when it started and I am a big fan of both Condit and Diaz. I liked them because they are fghters who give it there all.. I had Diaz winning the 1, 2, and 5 round. Condit did well in the 3, and 4 round. He had a game paln and he followed it through which was to hit and run for the most part. Lik Kaps said i am a fight fan. I am fan of figters like Nick Diaz, BJ Penn, Nate Diaz, "The Old" Carlos Condit, Shogun Rua, Dan Henderson, MCdonald, Leben, Wanderlei Sylva, Chuck Lildell, Faber figters who are fghting to finish fights and entertain the PAYING fans. I like any fighter wanting to finish a fight by any means, IT can be by SUB, KO, TKO but I cant stand a fighter who tries to win by survivng and decisin.That is just my opinion, IF some people like fighters who are smart , like some say, and want to be defensive and just survive than thats fine. Thats why I dont buy MMA pay per view fights anymore because of the way Carlos fought, Oh and lets not forget all the fake hype Carlos was doing before the fight, False Advrtisement dont you think!?

BEDROOM BULLY
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Dammit carlos.. Why didn't u go all out to finish the guy who does NOT get finished :lol1:

It's clear as hell ts is butthurt like his boi Diaz after the fight

Well sorry but your boy should learn to adapt..

Condit has shown he can ktfo people or play smart and technical to win unlike the one dimensional diaz

Dorian
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
I wonder if Dorian is gonna catch this much **** if Overeem loses. It's hilarious that so many hate a fighter just because I'm a fan of his. Still a Nick Diaz fan, still believe he's got the best shot at beating GSP, and will still rock the Avi and Sig. Haters gonna hate. It's all good.....

They're waiting for him to lose so they cant post gifs on my wall. I mean, people keep posting gifs of him getting tko'd 5-6 years ago in a different weigh class :lol1:

Anyway, I thought this was going to be FOTY hands down, Carlos brings in and so does Diaz and i expected a 2 or 3rd round KO from either guy but instead we got a sleeper. I never would of guessed that Condit would be hesitant to mix it up and trade with Diaz. I was so close of getting the night off work to watch this fight and I'm glad I didn't. I thought we had 2 real fighters at 170 and now I guess we only got 1 left. I'm siding with Kaps here, I like Diaz more than Condit but I would have no problems with Condit banging it out and knocking Diaz out cold in the 1st or 2nd round as long as they both put on a show.

We all wanted to see GSP vs Diaz and now we get GSP vs Hardy 2..

:dead:

Virgil Caine
02-05-2012, 01:51 PM
They're waiting for him to lose so they cant post gifs on my wall. I mean, people keep posting gifs of him getting tko'd 5-6 years ago in a different weigh class :lol1:

Anyway, I thought this was going to be FOTY hands down, Carlos brings in and so does Diaz and i expected a 2 or 3rd round KO from either guy but instead we got a sleeper. I never would of guessed that Condit would be hesitant to mix it up and trade with Diaz. I was so close of getting the night off work to watch this fight and I'm glad I didn't. I thought we had 2 real fighters at 170 and now I guess we only got 1 left. I'm siding with Kaps here, I like Diaz more than Condit but I would have no problems with Condit banging it out and knocking Diaz out cold in the 1st or 2nd round as long as they both put on a show.

We all wanted to see GSP vs Diaz and now we get GSP vs Hardy 2..

:dead:
Greg Jackson strikes again.

Yeah, the fight was certainly a snoozefest, but not because of Diaz. Condit couldn't have won in any other way, basically. Fair is fair, and no one had better call me a bitter fanboy or anything for stating things as they were. Fact is, Condit couldn't have won by engaging, and he point fighted his way to victory.

I guess, hats off.

Dorian
02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Hats off to him but I feel robbed of a modern day classic!

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:26 PM

Ronda rousey
Pat militech
Nate Diaz
Micah miller
Cody mckenzie
Kit cope
Yes Edwards
Mark Munoz
Matt lindland
Dan Henderson
Joe Lauzon

Andre Ward
Josh Neer

Tim Kennedy
Daniel Cormier
Cody McKenzie
Danny Downes
Vinny Magalhaes

mike ciesnolevicz
Cung Le
Ariel Helwani

Jens Pulver
Marloes Coenen

Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell

-2 Scrappy-
02-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I agree and disagree. I,was,disappointed because i expected fireworks on the feet and ground and neither happened I ****in hate Greg jackson with a passion he is the worst thing that has and will ever happen to this sport. I am a big condit fan so either way I just wanted a good fight but was rooting hard for diaz but i am impressed condit showed how complete a fighter he really is. I,didnt like the running away but some of the combos he landed were nasty. Condit is a beast sad one had to lose but atleast gsps days as,champ are numbered regardless of who won!

Virgil Caine
02-06-2012, 12:09 AM
I agree and disagree. I,was,disappointed because i expected fireworks on the feet and ground and neither happened I ****in hate Greg jackson with a passion he is the worst thing that has and will ever happen to this sport. I am a big condit fan so either way I just wanted a good fight but was rooting hard for diaz but i am impressed condit showed how complete a fighter he really is. I,didnt like the running away but some of the combos he landed were nasty. Condit is a beast sad one had to lose but atleast gsps days as,champ are numbered regardless of who won!
I don't see either guy beating GSP

Clegg
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Kinda surprised Anderson had Nick winning considering the way he's fought in the past.

-2 Scrappy-
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't see either guy beating GSP

Of course nobody is favored against him but they stand the best chance imo

Unknown Champ
02-07-2012, 01:12 AM
:bottle::bottle::bottle:You guys are sore losers, simple and plain.

Virgil Caine
02-07-2012, 01:53 AM
Of course nobody is favored against him but they stand the best chance imo

I know that, but prior to the fight I would have figured that there was a better chance that one of these guys could win that fight. Based on what I saw in the fight, I don't like either guy's chances.

Virgil Caine
02-07-2012, 01:54 AM
:bottle::bottle::bottle:You guys are sore losers, simple and plain.

People are mostly just disappointed that it wasn't a better fight, as people expected this one to be a war based on the two styles.

kaps
02-07-2012, 01:58 AM
People are mostly just disappointed that it wasn't a better fight, as people expected this one to be a war based on the two styles.

Pretty much my only beef with the fight. For some reason though people don't read the posts and assume we're *****ing about the decision...

Bacatit
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Pretty much my only beef with the fight. For some reason though people don't read the posts and assume we're *****ing about the decision...

A kot of people are crying about the decision unjustly so. Anderson, Chuck, Rogan, and more.

I have a big problem with that because it really wasn't close enough to be any controversy over the decision. Nick tried to fight his way in and Carlos fought him off every time. Nick lost a large majority or the exchanges excluding a couple bombs but we all saw Hendo v Shogun bombs don't do it for every opponent.

kaps
02-07-2012, 12:59 PM
A kot of people are crying about the decision unjustly so. Anderson, Chuck, Rogan, and more.

I have a big problem with that because it really wasn't close enough to be any controversy over the decision. Nick tried to fight his way in and Carlos fought him off every time. Nick lost a large majority or the exchanges excluding a couple bombs but we all saw Hendo v Shogun bombs don't do it for every opponent.

But Hendo and Shogun fight like that every time they fight, not every time except for when something is on the line. I disagree about it not being close enough for controversy, it's not a robbery, because I don't think there can be robberys in close fights.....