View Full Version : You Don't Win Fights By Talking Trash & Just Moving Forward

Bobby No Sex
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
if u gotta talk trash make sure u fawking connect and put some action not just walk over him.

as much as i want diaz vs gsp to happen. diaz didn't perform in my opinion.

kaps
02-05-2012, 01:19 AM
I guess it's better to throw a leg kick and literally turn your back and run away...

Harry Balls
02-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Nick needed to show more hustle out there. Stop with that lazy ****ing taekwondoo sidekick it's pure garbage.

Chased and chased, never cut off the angles after the second round. Taunted and got clipped instantly.

For shame Nick. You cost me money and precious e-points. Find a way to win instead of *****ing and whining. You complain about people taking you down all the time, yet now when you did it you use it as a reason for winning.

Big fan of Nick but hes just such a baby at times. And i won't stick up for him like some ******* when he doesn't deserve it. Hard love.

Bobby No Sex
02-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I guess it's better to throw a leg kick and literally turn your back and run away...

come on kaps u know nick didn't do shiet. atleast even if condit was moving away too much he'll still be throwing kicks, and punches. atleast he did something.

kaps
02-05-2012, 01:48 AM
come on kaps u know nick didn't do shiet. atleast even if condit was moving away too much he'll still be throwing kicks, and punches. atleast he did something.

He thru Kicks. Have you ever seen Condit fight before?

Dice
02-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Lets not get it fuked up, nick hit carlos when he could but couldnt catch the combos. Nick needs to smarten up and use his bjj more tho, pull guard do trip takedowns. He fights the same in every fight

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Nah, he was hitting combos. Nick just couldn't handle the variety.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DMWOOXBmsxs/Ty4akugpoAI/AAAAAAAAHw0/-OCo91AilTE/s1600/20.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fulD6az9NCE/Ty4amlpg6_I/AAAAAAAAHw8/V2vtQcyUNs0/s1600/21.gif

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Nah, he was hitting combos. Nick just couldn't handle the variety.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DMWOOXBmsxs/Ty4akugpoAI/AAAAAAAAHw0/-OCo91AilTE/s1600/20.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fulD6az9NCE/Ty4amlpg6_I/AAAAAAAAHw8/V2vtQcyUNs0/s1600/21.gif

I can't believe I used to respect your opinion. Thanks for posting the only 2 combos of the fight from Carlos and the gifs cut off before he runs...

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:49 AM
I can't believe I used to respect your opinion. Thanks for posting the only 2 combos of the fight from Carlos and the gifs cut off before he runs...

lol, it's okay to be upset about the fight. I was upset with Gomi-Guida. I was upset with Hardy-Condit too. But Condit did much more and avoided all of Nick's attempts at the same time.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:51 AM
lol, it's okay to be upset about the fight. I was upset with Gomi-Guida. I was upset with Hardy-Condit too. But Condit did much more and avoided all of Nick's attempts at the same time.

I can't see it. I can't see how a Condit Nuthugger or a Diaz Hater could be happy with this fight......

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Especially knowing anything about Condit. He sold out to get laid on by gsp...

Bacatit
02-05-2012, 04:47 AM
I can't see it. I can't see how a Condit Nuthugger or a Diaz Hater could be happy with this fight......

This is still martial arts and effective technique is king. Nick lost mma is a sport finish him or gtfo wit the complaints.

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:52 AM
This is still martial arts and effective technique is king. Nick lost mma is a sport finish him or gtfo wit the complaints.

I agree that Carlos had a gameplan and he stuck to it, and it was enough to get the nod from the judges. I don't like the fact that he compromised who he is as a fighter for a title shot. That's my beef...

shadeyfizzle
02-05-2012, 07:48 AM
I agree that Carlos had a gameplan and he stuck to it, and it was enough to get the nod from the judges. I don't like the fact that he compromised who he is as a fighter for a title shot. That's my beef...

Ok..i havent seen the fight but im a big condit fan and ive seen you say this like 4different threads now so I have to ask.

How did condit compromise who he is as a fighter and what more could he have done???

kaps
02-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Ok..i havent seen the fight but im a big condit fan and ive seen you say this like 4different threads now so I have to ask.

How did condit compromise who he is as a fighter and what more could he have done???

He could've fought like he normally does. Came out to bang and get a finish, but he was content with throwing leg kicks and running away the whole fight. He used a game plan to out score Nick, not beat him. The reason I was a Condit fan is the same reason I am a Diaz fan. Dudes usually bring it, don't care about looking pretty and scoring points, always going head on for a finish. Carlos didn't do that....

Bacatit
02-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Your mad for the wrong reasons brah !

Most of us like Nick but he showed Carlos too much respect. I think Nick was worried about Carlos strength. I think this is why he didn't force the TD earlier on. I also found it odd how humble Nick was during the weigh ins for a guy who can't seem to manage his anger...ever !!!

Nick choked !!!

There is no way he thought he won that fight or couldve have secured the arm with 50 seconds left from the position he was in when he had Condit's back yet he actually claimed he could have.

So now I am to believe Nick chose not to submit his opponent after four strategic rounds of stick and move because he thought he clearly won...LMAO

I've supported Nick for a while but that was some ho **** on his behalf. Nick had 25 minutes to make a statement and didn't make a clear statement until the fight was over SMDH what a brat

Rudyo
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Look Kaps, I like Nick a lot too. But you're *****ing about Condit only landing a few combos that are worth of a gif, are there any that Nick landed in that whole fight? He was swinging and missing most of the night and just following him around. You don't get credit for missing punches while being aggressive.

Condit did enough to get the win, and now Nick is crying over spilled milk and throwing another tantrum and bs "retirement". This is coming from someone who likes both the Diaz's more then Condit by far btw.

Konstantin
02-05-2012, 03:54 PM
What's with sold out? He fought to win which is the BEST way to fight if you want to win.

Kaps likes Nick because he's a 'real' fighter who is always going forward and trying to end the fight. But this is a sport not a battle to the death - they are fighting to win not to kill each other.

Nick isn't a 'real' mma fighter because he has these stupid preconceived notions (that incidentally kaps also shares) about what it means to be an MMA fighter. In this fight there was not someone who sold out. There was a winner and a LOSER. As usual it's the loser who complains.

Frogs!
02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Look Kaps, I like Nick a lot too. But you're *****ing about Condit only landing a few combos that are worth of a gif, are there any that Nick landed in that whole fight? He was swinging and missing most of the night and just following him around. You don't get credit for missing punches while being aggressive.

Condit did enough to get the win, and now Nick is crying over spilled milk and throwing another tantrum and bs "retirement". This is coming from someone who likes both the Diaz's more then Condit by far btw.

i like nick too.

but this loss is all on him so he should look in the mirror and blame that guy.

G A M E
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
yeah, i dont see how anyone can be mad at Condit.. bummed for Nick, but oh well

bayareamike
02-05-2012, 04:10 PM
It's in the UFC. Ultimate FIGHTING championship. Not a sparring match. I don't like the way condit won the title when he's all talkin big and bad in the primetime show

And at the post fight conference, condit was saying if he stood and fought Diaz he would've lost. Says it a couple times in a couple different ways.

Chex31
02-05-2012, 07:30 PM
What's with sold out? He fought to win which is the BEST way to fight if you want to win.

Kaps likes Nick because he's a 'real' fighter who is always going forward and trying to end the fight. But this is a sport not a battle to the death - they are fighting to win not to kill each other.

Nick isn't a 'real' mma fighter because he has these stupid preconceived notions (that incidentally kaps also shares) about what it means to be an MMA fighter. In this fight there was not someone who sold out. There was a winner and a LOSER. As usual it's the loser who complains.

Great post!

kaps
02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Show me any other fight where Carlos fought like that. I supposed Konstantine is the biggest Jon Fitch fan too. If you're into point fighting, there are TKD tournaments all over the place every day. I like to watch people fight. Especially people who always bring the fight ala Lytel. You want to see people score points that's cool I guess....

Blackfoot
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
You don't win fights by talking trash and moving forward, no. But you sure look like a ***** if you run away from the dude talking **** literally 2 feet in front of you.

:nono:

led
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
You don't win fights by talking trash and moving forward, no. But you sure look like a ***** if you run away from the dude talking **** literally 2 feet in front of you.

:nono:

I think the guy who talks trash and put his arms in the air looks more like a *****. Instead of talking, why not counter when his opponent evaded his attack.

Why trash talk in front of Condit instead of attempting a TD?

Looks like Diaz has a single gameplan in the fight: Talk trash to engage your opponent into a brawl. He forgot the option of attempting TDs.

kaps
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I think the guy who talks trash and put his arms in the air looks more like a *****. Instead of talking, why not counter when his opponent evaded his attack.

Why trash talk in front of Condit instead of attempting a TD?

Looks like Diaz has a single gameplan in the fight: Talk trash to engage your opponent into a brawl. He forgot the option of attempting TDs.

We get it man, you like point fights where nobody really tries to do anything to finish.....

led
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
We get it man, you like point fights where nobody really tries to do anything to finish.....

And I think you better watch kimbo's backyard figthing if you dont like watching disciplined athletes.

Dont blame Condit if he won by points. Blame Diaz for having no option B plan.

kaps
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
And I think you better watch kimbo's backyard figthing if you dont like watching disciplined athletes.

Dont blame Condit if he won by points. Blame Diaz for having no option B plan.

Atleast Kimbo tried to finish his opponents. I'd like to see disciplined athletes fight to their full potential and prove they're a better fighter, not a better game planner. I guess the fight game really is dead. Rorian Gracie was right, it's not about who's the best fighter anymore, it's about who can score more points and use the rules to their advantage better...

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Atleast Kimbo tried to finish his opponents. I'd like to see disciplined athletes fight to their full potential and prove they're a better fighter, not a better game planner. I guess the fight game really is dead. Rorian Gracie was right, it's not about who's the best fighter anymore, it's about who can score more points and use the rules to their advantage better...

Come on now Kaps. You can be upset about the fight but don't act like technical fighting isn't legit.

kaps
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Come on now Kaps. You can be upset about the fight but don't act like technical fighting isn't legit.

It is, and it's fantastic when people like Anderson, Aldo, Diaz brothers, Miller, and Edgar use it effectively to shut down their opponents and get the finish. That's not what Condit was doing and you know it....

led
02-05-2012, 10:57 PM

He knows when to finish a game. He knows he cant so he did what must be done.

Diaz wants to finish him. Why didnt he changed his plans on the middle of the 3rd round when Carlos was doing his effective hit and run? He trapped Carlos several times in the fence, why he didnt attempt to TD'ed him when he should have known that once Condit got the opportunity to evade the position he would.

All Diaz wanted is Make Carlos trade punches with him because Diaz knew he had the good defense...that is his granite chin. That sucks.

kaps
02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
He knows when to finish a game. He knows he cant so he did what must be done.

Diaz wants to finish him. Why didnt he changed his plans on the middle of the 3rd round when Carlos was doing his effective hit and run? He trapped Carlos several times in the fence, why he didnt attempt to TD'ed him when he should have known that once Condit got the opportunity to evade the position he would.

All Diaz wanted is Make Carlos trade punches with him because Diaz knew he had the good defense...that is his granite chin. That sucks.

Pretty much what I've been saying for how many posts already. Carlos changed who he was as a fighter, the thing that made people a fan of his to squeak by a lack luster decision.....

-Swizzy-
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM

well look at Diaz's face, then look at Condit's. Unless Diaz walked into the cage with that face, I don't see how you can say Condit didn't do anything.

Diaz walked forward asking to get hit and he did. Condit didn't have the power to finish but at least he tried. He threw the more powerful and effective punches.

The only thing that was surprising were the 4-1 scorecards. Other than that, I think Condit deserved the victory..... but wouldn't have complained had the decision gone the other way. It was that close of a fight.

F l i c k e r
02-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Nick got hit flush 3 or 4, maybe even 5 times with a head kick and stayed on his feet. That's terminator right there. Condit did the smart thing. I know i would have. :lol1:

shadeyfizzle
02-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Pretty much what I've been saying for how many posts already. Carlos changed who he was as a fighter, the thing that made people a fan of his to squeak by a lack luster decision.....

Ive seen the fight now and I really dont see how condit compromised who he is as a fighter at all. What? Because he didnt come forward to his detriment???

Condit landed hard combos,headkicks, elbows, knees, flying knees spinning backfists and pushkicks to the face repeatedly and even backed up diaz at times.

Just because diaz doesnt get staggered from from taking a flush elbow or kick to the face im not gonna hold the fact that condit didnt stand there admiring his work and leaving himself open for counters like an idiot against him.

Also diaz attempting halfass takedowns in the 4th speaks volumes about his desperation knowing he was getting his ass kicked on the standup and couldnt hang very much longer if he carried on as he had been the past 3rds.

kaps
02-06-2012, 12:31 AM
25 Wins, 24 finishes.

Never takes a forward step the entire fight.

You're right. Looked the same as always...

shadeyfizzle
02-06-2012, 01:02 AM
25 Wins, 24 finishes.

Never takes a forward step the entire fight.

You're right. Looked the same as always...

Let me ask you something. Were you equally as disappointed in the way diaz fought kj noons???

Because if you feel condit compromised who he is as a fighter against diaz then diaz equally compromised himself against noons.

led
02-06-2012, 01:11 AM

**** you are sore loser than Diaz. Condit change his game to win. Diaz didn't because he was too preoccupied of trash-talking baiting Condit and forgot, if not none, to change his game plan.

If Condit compromised what he was as a fighter, he just did what should be done to face GSP. And that he has a goal. Crucify him when his other fights after this becomes just a mere point-winning game.

And Diaz??? He should watch his fight against Condit and look where he made a mistake than crying out loud and thinking of retirement.

kaps
02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
I agree Condit did what he had to do to win. Don't agree with Condit fighting like a Jackson's point fighter, which he did. That's it. End of story. We'll have to agree to disagree. You think he fought smart, I think he sold out....

kaps
02-06-2012, 01:38 AM
Let me ask you something. Were you equally as disappointed in the way diaz fought kj noons???

Because if you feel condit compromised who he is as a fighter against diaz then diaz equally compromised himself against noons.

Damn was Condit constantly pushing the pace forward, attacking, and dropping Diaz? When did that fight happen? Was it after the press conference or something?

kaps
02-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Condit robbed us all of FOTY and you guys are happy about that. Baffling....

Bobby No Sex
02-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Condit robbed us all of FOTY and you guys are happy about that. Baffling....

of fawking course i want diaz to win so he and gsp can go at it. but i am more pissed off at diaz for not doing shiet and being so predictable on that fight.

diaz: ima rush on u till u get to the cage and that's where i will release my combos.

the fawk is that?

BEDROOM BULLY
02-06-2012, 07:13 AM
Only diaz fans would claim a guy who landed 140+ strikes was running away the whole fight. :lol1:

Bobby No Sex
02-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Only diaz fans would claim a guy who landed 140+ strikes was running away the whole fight. :lol1:

i only see KAPS bro i only see KAPS. LMFAO

BEDROOM BULLY
02-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Na i see plenty of his type on Sherdog as well :lol1:

Basically if you don't fight Diaz fight you're a runner or a coward :nonono:

They hate wrestlers who try to take Diaz down or strikers who use some movement to confuse him

In boxing terms it would be like hating on a Pacquiao/margarito.. Mayweather/Baldomir type clinic.. just because they didn't stand still and trade with the brawler

Ring Leader
02-06-2012, 11:56 AM
The criteria to score a round in the UFC is

-effective striking
-effective grappling
-octagon control
-aggression

Diaz had the more effective striking IMO but for arguments sake even if you gave that to Condit each round, Diaz would win in the criteria for octagon control and agression in every round. The one real time they used grapping much is in the last round where Diaz did his work on Condit. So based on the scoring criteria I beleive Diaz won...Scoring isn't based on point strikes landed each round, there is other criteria as well

kaps
02-06-2012, 02:52 PM
You guys are back on the win/loss thing. SMH....

kaps
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM

Cut 60 out of that for "leg jabs". Not leg kicks but foot slapping leg jabs. It's not ****...

You guys wanna see fights like Koscheck vs GSP...

I wanna see fights Like Hendo vs. Shogun...

Spray_resistant
02-06-2012, 05:02 PM

Yes it is Kaps, stop being as dickrider and accept that Diaz was confused and befuddled the entire fight. Diaz was an ineffective aggressor eating clean shot after clean shot. What direction a fighter is moving in should not matter if he is landing clean strikes. Nick only landed them here and there in rounds and I thought could have only won the 1st rd.

kaps
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Yes it is Kaps, stop being as dickrider and accept that Diaz was confused and befuddled the entire fight. Diaz was an ineffective aggressor eating clean shot after clean shot. What direction a fighter is moving in should not matter if he is landing clean strikes. Nick only landed them here and there in rounds and I thought could have only won the 1st rd.

Again with the Win/Loss. I'm not saying it again. I thought Carlos could've won by fighting like he usually does. But he didn't want to test his skills. He wanted jab and jog. So he got the W....

Spray_resistant
02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Again with the Win/Loss. I'm not saying it again. I thought Carlos could've won by fighting like he usually does. But he didn't want to test his skills. He wanted jab and jog. So he got the W....

It took alot of skill to do what he did which was evade and outland Diaz.

kaps
02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
It took alot of skill to do what he did which was evade and outland Diaz.

He completely changed from fighter I love to watch, to fighter I don't want to see fight anymore in 25 minutes.....

kaps
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
If the real Condit would've shown up, and knocked out Nick Diaz we wouldn't be having any of these conversations.....

shadeyfizzle
02-06-2012, 06:07 PM
He completely changed from fighter I love to watch, to fighter I don't want to see fight anymore in 25 minutes.....

Once again I ask how what condit did was any different from what diaz did against noons???

Against noons diaz didnt move forward with reckless abandon, didnt throw a million punches, allowed noons to come in so he could counter, and never showed a real attempt to finish what could have been a foty as well.

I guess movement is only ***** when its not diaz doing it.

kaps
02-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Once again I ask how what condit did was any different from what diaz did against noons???

Against noons diaz didnt move forward with reckless abandon, didnt throw a million punches, allowed noons to come in so he could counter, and never showed a real attempt to finish what could have been a foty as well.

I guess movement is only ***** when its not diaz doing it.

Diaz landed 150 strikes, 115 to the head, and thru well over 300 punches i the fight, pressuring Noones the entire fight. Watch again, I think you're confused....

kaps
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Condit is a hard hitting aggressive striker who uses kicks, knees, and punches to put his opponents away. He wasn't that fighter on Saturday, he was back peddling point fighter trying to score points and eek out a decision and it worked...

shadeyfizzle
02-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Diaz landed 150 strikes, 115 to the head, and thru well over 300 punches i the fight, pressuring Noones the entire fight. Watch again, I think you're confused....

Diaz did not come forward with reckless abandon trash talking in signature diaz fashion. He allowed noons to take the lead the entire fight and backed up and took advantage of the openings noons presented, and was content to outbox noons with no real attempt to finish and gave us a boring 25min pts win.

there is absolutely no difference between what diaz did to noons and what condit did to diaz. Against noons diaz landed clean effective blow after another that would have dropped lesser men. since you're not holding the fact that noons is a tough sob that wouldnt go down against diaz as the reason there was no finish....there is absolutely no reason why you would hold the fact that diaz's chin is rock solid against condit when the shots condit landed on diaz would have dropped any other ww in the world including gsp.

Squezze
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Hopefully he actually does retire. Not that he's a bad fighter, or anything like that. I'm kinda tired of hearing a millionaire ***** and complain about everything.

Maybe Diaz should have changed his strategy at some point. Seems like Condit had him figured out by the 3rd round. The whole plodding forward throwing punches while putting a mean face on didn't seem to work much after a while there. Should be a clear cut Condit win in anybodys eyes, and if Diaz isn't quick enough on the draw to maybe use some ANGLES when he's coming forward, then he deserved to lose like he did. Just like when a guy has no takedown defense, then he deserves to be taken down and laid on for 3 rounds.

I enjoyed the fight a great deal. I'm not a fanboy for any fighter, I just enjoy watching the fights. And I thought that one was great. Almost a perfect game plan by Condit.

Bon Voyage Diaz.

kaps
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Diaz did not come forward with reckless abandon trash talking in signature diaz fashion. He allowed noons to take the lead the entire fight and backed up and took advantage of the openings noons presented, and was content to outbox noons with no real attempt to finish and gave us a boring 25min pts win.

there is absolutely no difference between what diaz did to noons and what condit did to diaz. Against noons diaz landed clean effective blow after another that would have dropped lesser men. since you're not holding the fact that noons is a tough sob that wouldnt go down against diaz as the reason there was no finish....there is absolutely no reason why you would hold the fact that diaz's chin is rock solid against condit when the shots condit landed on diaz would have dropped any other ww in the world including gsp.

I was prepared for a Diaz loss since this fight was signed. Diaz gets dropped by top strikers in most cases. Check out his fights with Zaromskis and Daley for details. I was concerned that the "Natural Born Killer" could drop Diaz and capitalize where others have failed being his aggression and finishing rate. Condit was content with jab and jog. Did he land signifigant strikes? Absolutly, that low kick High kick combo was fantastic, but the fact is over half his strikes where Leg Jabs. So you're comparing Diaz Landing 115 Punches to KJ's face with Carlos backing up and slapping Diaz's thigh with his foot?

kaps
02-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Hopefully he actually does retire. Not that he's a bad fighter, or anything like that. I'm kinda tired of hearing a millionaire ***** and complain about everything.

Maybe Diaz should have changed his strategy at some point. Seems like Condit had him figured out by the 3rd round. The whole plodding forward throwing punches while putting a mean face on didn't seem to work much after a while there. Should be a clear cut Condit win in anybodys eyes, and if Diaz isn't quick enough on the draw to maybe use some ANGLES when he's coming forward, then he deserved to lose like he did. Just like when a guy has no takedown defense, then he deserves to be taken down and laid on for 3 rounds.

I enjoyed the fight a great deal. I'm not a fanboy for any fighter, I just enjoy watching the fights. And I thought that one was great. Almost a perfect game plan by Condit.

Bon Voyage Diaz.

He made 200k. Hardly a Million. I was a fanboy of both fighters. Not as clear cut as you might think. Most fighters had it 3-2 Diaz, the weird thing is, everybody seems to think that the 3rd round was Carlos' best round of the fight, and 2 judges gave that round to Diaz.....

Kimo
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
http://images.******************/instances/500x/8846987.jpg

BoxingGenius27
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
if u gotta talk trash make sure u fawking connect and put some action not just walk over him.

as much as i want diaz vs gsp to happen. diaz didn't perform in my opinion.

No, but they are damn sure effective for him. His opponents for the last 5 years would agree as well.

Matter of fact, those same tactics won him the fight in my book Saturday night.