View Full Version : Carlos "The Jogger" Condit

BoxingGenius27
02-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Condit won via jogging.

That was some BS. He literally turned his back and gave a slight jog after landing a few kicks.

WOW! Unbelievable. All I have to do to win in MMA is jog 10 miles a day so I can have good conditioning to go into a fight and kick someone in the legs a few times and literally jog away.

Why didn't I think of this a long time ago. MMA, here I come.

Harry Balls
02-05-2012, 02:03 AM
kind of like potshoting in boxing.

hit hit hit avoid getting hit. Whats the big deal? Exciting, no. But it's perfectly valid.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
Except that's not how Carlos usually fights. If the real Carlos Condit would've shown up we would've had a FOTY brawl on our hands. Instead we got a kick and run display...

_original_
02-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah, that was lame as hell, but Nick's fault for just chasing him and trying to walk him down.

BoxingGenius27
02-05-2012, 02:15 AM
kind of like potshoting in boxing.

hit hit hit avoid getting hit. Whats the big deal? Exciting, no. But it's perfectly valid.

I completely understand the logic of trying to win the fight.

But he would kick and "LITERALLY" jog away.

Who the f does that in a fight?

It's one thing to stick and move. I see sticking and moving everyday; but to "literally" "JOG" away is BS. He did not deserve to win that decision.

FYI, it's a big deal!

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:18 AM
He didn't fight to win, he fought not to lose. Not what made people fans of Carlos Condit and what made Carlos lose a fan tonight...

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:18 AM
I can't wait till the gifs come out. Because I don't recall Condit ever going for takedowns. :nono:

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:20 AM
I can't wait till the gifs come out. Because I don't recall Condit ever going for takedowns. :nono:

You have to be facing someone to go for a takedown. He was too busy turning his back and jogging away...

_original_
02-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Who the hell is gonna get excited about GSP-Condit? Dana White is probably throwing a tantrum right now.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:21 AM
GSP by decision....

RIZO24
02-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Im a big Diaz fan and also liked Condit but damn i could not believe how he literally would leg kick Nic and run away like that.. I guess its a valid way of fighting but man im glad I dd not pay to see the fight in person or PPV.. I bet all of you fools congratulating Condit would be singing a different turn if yall had paid.. **** I bet even Dana is upset at how the fight turned out.. Thanks Carlos!!!!!

Harry Balls
He didn't fight to win, he fought not to lose. Not what made people fans of Carlos Condit and what made Carlos lose a fan tonight...
actually, he did fight to win. That's the whole point of his gameplan. He's willing to stink it out strictly because it's his best route to victory.

If you mean he fought safety first, then yeah, maybe. But speaking from a strategical point of view, this was almost flawless.

I don't think Condit can beat Diaz toe to toe. So why should he try when a title is at stake?

F l i c k e r
You have to be facing someone to go for a takedown. He was too busy turning his back and jogging away...

Oh really? What was it that you told me about the Gomi-Guida fight again? :lol1:

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:26 AM
Oh really? What was it that you told me about the Gomi-Guida fight again? :lol1:

I don't recall. I'm a Gomi fan so I don't know what I could've said that has anything to do with this....

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I don't recall. I'm a Gomi fan so I don't know what I could've said that has anything to do with this....

I'm pretty sure it was you. Something like why should Guida fight in a way that he would lose? Because I wanted him to stand and bang with Gomi but he wanted to dry hump him.

Danny Gunz
02-05-2012, 02:31 AM
I thought the only time he jogged was when Diaz had him against the cage and he ducked out of then circled around and squared back up, I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

It just bothers me because Diaz had plenty of chances to hurt Condit. Condit through plenty of body and head kicks that Diaz could have thrown him down on. He also loaded up on a lot of shots and lunged in with rights and those dumbass spinning backfists. Diaz just didn't get off first throughout the fight.

led
02-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Are you guys mad because Condit did not cooperate on Diaz gameplan?

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it was you. Something like why should Guida fight in a way that he would lose? Because I wanted him to stand and bang with Gomi but he wanted to dry hump him.

Pretty sure that wasn't me. I always root for Gomi unless he's fighting a Diaz. But at the same time, Guida isn't known as a brawling striker. It's like if Guillard fought Gomi and took him down and held him the whole time...

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Are you guys mad because Condit did not cooperate on Diaz gameplan?

I'm mad because Condit didn't fight like Condit. If he would've fought like the fighter we all know and like and KOed Diaz I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. But he kicked and ran away the entire fight. Only a Diaz hater can be happy with that fight......

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Pretty sure that wasn't me. I always root for Gomi unless he's fighting a Diaz. But at the same time, Guida isn't known as a brawling striker. It's like if Guillard fought Gomi and took him down and held him the whole time...

Haha, maybe it wasn't you then. But no way is this fight like that. It would be like Guillard not being a wild swinging tard and took his time to stick and move, turning Gomi every direction and not allowing him to get in any type of groove or range.

Dice
02-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Are you guys mad because Condit did not cooperate on Diaz gameplan? lol yes they are. Flicker is havin the night of his life lol

BEDROOM BULLY
02-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Nick Diaz p4p n1 when the other fighter stands flat footed and trades with him :lol1:

Great display by condit.. Maybe not the prettiest but greatly effective and he has now got that title and big pay day vs gsp back

Oh yeah and face it if you don't play at Diaz game he cries like a lil ***** every time

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:44 AM
lol yes they are. Flicker is havin the night of his life lol

:rofl: I don't think I have been happier in any fight in my life. Condit did the most aesthetically beautiful fight I have ever seen in MMA. It would be different if he won otherwise but he did a beautiful way.

Dana White: "This fight was Hagler-Leonard like." :rofl:

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:47 AM
:rofl: I don't think I have been happier in any fight in my life. Condit did the most aesthetically beautiful fight I have ever seen in MMA. It would be different if he won otherwise but he did a beautiful way.

Dana White: "This fight was Hagler-Leonard like." :rofl:

Even people I had cash bets on with this fight don't agree. You really don't like Diaz that much? How was that beautiful?

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Reporters at the presser asking Dana why the scoring is so ****ed up...

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Even people I had cash bets on with this fight don't agree. You really don't like Diaz that much? How was that beautiful?

Nothing to do with Nick. Condit simply put on one of the most technical MMA fights ever. That is beautiful.

Punches, kicks, elbows, knees, body, head, stopping the takedown, stopping the submission, angles, circling out, not getting hit. Man, that is the ultimate display of fighting. Bruce Lee would have loved it.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Nothing to do with Nick. Condit simply put on one of the most technical MMA fights ever. That is beautiful.

Punches, kicks, elbows, knees, body, head, stopping the takedown, stopping the submission, angles, circling out, not getting hit. Man, that is the ultimate display of fighting. Bruce Lee would have loved it.

The only thing that landed out of everything listed where kicks and a couple punches. That's the ultimate display of point fighting. Even if you hate Nick and love Carlos, I don't see how you can like how Carlos fought. Especially if you're a Condit fan. But you hate GSP for Ground control and transitions?

led
02-05-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm mad because Condit didn't fight like Condit. If he would've fought like the fighter we all know and like and KOed Diaz I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. But he kicked and ran away the entire fight. Only a Diaz hater can be happy with that fight......

I am not a Diza hater but I understand Condit's safety-first tactic. Diaz has a tremendous jaw so he didnt risk exchanging strikes against him and he cant let Diaz pinned him against the fence. This is a must win to get the chance for the title...He strike when theres an opportunity and evaded Diaz assault (Diaz verbal attack didnt even affect him LOL).

But if you ask me if I was disappointed. Yes a lil bit, because I did not meet the expectation. Yet, he pulled what is not expected of him thats why even Diaz had that lost.

kaps
02-05-2012, 02:57 AM
I am not a Diza hater but I understand Condit's safety-first tactic. Diaz has a tremendous jaw so he didnt risk exchanging strikes against him and he cant let Diaz pinned him against the fence. This is a must win to get the chance for the title...He strike when theres an opportunity and evaded Diaz assault (Diaz verbal attack didnt even affect him).

But if you ask me if I was disappointed. Yes, because I did not meet the expectation. Yet, he pulled what is not expected of him thats why even Diaz had that lost.

I'm not upset about anything other than how Carlos fought bro. He sold out to get a title shot. I am not now nor will ever be a fan of point fighting....

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 03:10 AM
The only thing that landed out of everything listed where kicks and a couple punches. That's the ultimate display of point fighting. Even if you hate Nick and love Carlos, I don't see how you can like how Carlos fought. Especially if you're a Condit fan. But you hate GSP for Ground control and transitions?

lol, nah, you weren't watching what was happening then. Condit even stood in the pocket in the 4th and used counter elbows that caught Nick's face every time. Then circled out before Nick could get a groove. Flying knees, tried a clinch knee. Spinning back elbows.

I'm not even a fan of Condit really. I support him because he demolished 2 of my favorite welters and since then, I won't go against him in a fight. But this fight did make me a fan. Bellissimo.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:14 AM
lol, nah, you weren't watching what was happening then. Condit even stood in the pocket in the 4th and used counter elbows that caught Nick's face every time. Then circled out before Nick could get a groove. Flying knees, tried a clinch knee. Spinning back elbows.

I'm not even a fan of Condit really. I support him because he demolished 2 of my favorite welters and since then, I won't go against him in a fight. But this fight did make me a fan. Bellissimo.

Just re-watched. Diaz had rounds 1,2, and 5. So even though he fought like a Greg Jackson *****, he still lost....

Ether
02-05-2012, 03:15 AM
GSP is gonna win with ease. Not worth waiting til November.

crillz
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah, that was lame as hell, but Nick's fault for just chasing him and trying to walk him down.

so he should have backed off too right and shaft the fans with TWO fighters who don't want to fight? why does Nick have to fall back in order to try and bait him into engaging when engaging is the name of the game?

look at Flickers .gif image in his sig he literally hit Nick once to just create enough room to bounce out of there, he rocked Nicks dome and could have landed 2-3 or maybe even 4 more shots if mixed with body blows THEN he could have gotten out of there. it literally looked like he was more worried about staying off the cage rather than hurting and defeating his opponent, so much to a point where he landed a good shot and instead of keeping it coming and backing up Nick he hit him only once and clearly for the purpose of keeping him away. I still can't believe he fought that way yo little by little I felt all excitement leave me and was quickly replaced with disappointment

dannnnn
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
It wasn't pretty or exciting but Condit won the fight - clearly. Diaz is simply too one dimensional. He showed no urgency nor explosiveness at any point during the fight, just the same plodding pace throughout. Condit didn't make me a fan and I fancy GSP to beat him comfortably, but there's no doubt he won this fight and that tends to be all that counts. "Win today, look good next time".

teds
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
How come people who thought Diaz was gonna win is only crapping on carlos??

u dont see Diaz "had little to nothing when it comes to aggressiveness" threads

all u see is gifs of carlos running from SUPER BUTT HURT Diaz worshippers LMFAO

Diaz fans are no different from diaz himself sadly...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLwBlFv1p0WcloJVU5jk_qWEFlARqZD KfabaqcxoYdak48LO62zQ
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLwBlFv1p0WcloJVU5jk_qWEFlARqZD KfabaqcxoYdak48LO62zQ

:fing26:

crillz
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
It wasn't pretty or exciting but Condit won the fight - clearly. Diaz is simply too one dimensional. He showed no urgency nor explosiveness at any point during the fight, just the same plodding pace throughout. Condit didn't make me a fan and I fancy GSP to beat him comfortably, but there's no doubt he won this fight and that tends to be all that counts. "Win today, look good next time".

it ain't about looking good yo it's about having heart, he's fighting you like he said he would yo fight him back the way you said you would too, you're an animal too, he's one dimensional right? so shouldn't you be able to destroy him if you're not? therefore why are you running?

I'm glad that Rashad Evans left Greg Jackson's camp, anyone who takes the fight out of the fighters doesn't deserve to be around the fight game, make him someones nutritionist or something yo get him out soon before more people inherit that mind set

he's trying to make it okay not to fight in a fight as long as you get a win, that's a cowards mentality I'm sorry to say and it's very uncomforting to know that it's a mentality floating around in the fight game where there should be no cowardice.

you know what you signed up for when you came to the FIGHT, it's a fight not a grappling contest nor a hug off it's a ****in fight. how can you train someone to be a fighter yet show them how to avoid the fight?

I'm pretty sure Greg Jackson would say he teaches fighters how to dominate right? Rashad Evans dominated Phil Jackson see THAT was domination, striking and grappling and every other FIGHT element was controlled by Rashad in that fight, THAT is domination he took his opponent and pummeled him and just overpowered him, had he been with Greg Jackson still we would have gotten a bottle of Nyquil instead.

Greg Jackson, the Coach/trainer in Mixed Martial Arts is no good for the sport, no good for the future of MMA because he is stripping the sport of the true fighters by instilling into them tendencies that fighters shouldn't have. Rashad is a perfect example, I actually fell asleep watching Rashad Evans one time but in his last fight? he reaffirmed to me why he is my favorite 205lb fighter because he ****ing kicked ass the way he was contracted to do

-DSG-
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Except that's not how Carlos usually fights. If the real Carlos Condit would've shown up we would've had a FOTY brawl on our hands. Instead we got a kick and run display...

yall are pathetic diaz got his ass kicked lol get your eyes checked

crillz
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
How come people who thought Diaz was gonna win is only crapping on carlos??

u dont see Diaz "had little to nothing when it comes to aggressiveness" threads

all u see is gifs of carlos running from SUPER BUTT HURT Diaz worshippers LMFAO

Diaz fans are no different from diaz himself sadly...

:fing26:

it's hard to stay focused and aggressive when you're feeling pissed off at the same time, don't think that Nick wasn't pissed off mid fight. you can see the frustration and not because he was losing but because he wanted to fight and his opponent didn't want to, his opponent made the choice to literally not pursue a fight he went into that fight with fighting being the last thing in his head

he started the fight the way he finished it meaning he already knew what he would do, he already knew he was gonna stink up the joint and that's why I'm mad about it because that's not the fight game I grew up on and got used to

TheKza
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/052011/spongebob-butthurt.gif

dannnnn
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
it's hard to stay focused and aggressive when you're feeling pissed off at the same time, don't think that Nick wasn't pissed off mid fight. you can see the frustration and not because he was losing but because he wanted to fight and his opponent didn't want to, his opponent made the choice to literally not pursue a fight he went into that fight with fighting being the last thing in his head

Condit had a gameplan. If you can frustrate your opponent (as early as the second round IIRC), then all the more reason to stick to that gameplan.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
His game plan worked. Natural Born Killer is now the Natural Born Point Fighter. You guys don't see a problem with a guy who's finished 24 out of his 25 wins back pedaling all night and content to try and score points? Who cares about the outcome of the fight? WHAT HAPPENED TO CARLOS CONDIT?

Bacatit
02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
actually, he did fight to win. That's the whole point of his gameplan. He's willing to stink it out strictly because it's his best route to victory.

If you mean he fought safety first, then yeah, maybe. But speaking from a strategical point of view, this was almost flawless.

I don't think Condit can beat Diaz toe to toe. So why should he try when a title is at stake?

-That's all to it. Carlos can't bang with Nick and he knows it so he chose to "move like a butterfly and sting like a bee" minus the rope-a-dope and found success with little damage inflicted.

Condit used his low kicks like a jab and it threw Nick's boxing off every time.

kaps
02-05-2012, 03:47 PM
http://sadpanda.us/images/833507-E0HO1F7.gif

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
sig.... :D

kaps
02-05-2012, 04:22 PM
sig.... :D

Slap and run. Sums up the fight beautifully...

Bacatit
02-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I am not a Diza hater but I understand Condit's safety-first tactic. Diaz has a tremendous jaw so he didnt risk exchanging strikes against him and he cant let Diaz pinned him against the fence. This is a must win to get the chance for the title...He strike when theres an opportunity and evaded Diaz assault (Diaz verbal attack didnt even affect him LOL).

But if you ask me if I was disappointed. Yes a lil bit, because I did not meet the expectation. Yet, he pulled what is not expected of him thats why even Diaz had that lost.

Condit found a way to win

Diaz found a way to lose...again

Diaz is a guy who wants the spotlight really bad until he gets it, then it just fkkn sucks cause they're shining that bright ass light in his damn eye lol

Just like Bj wants to be the best fighter in the world until he signs a contract to fight the best fighter in his division.

One gets angry at the possibility of success the other celebrates all throughout training for the most important fights of his life just to come up waaay short each time.

They should start their own organization where the underdogs are seen as champions and the elite are seen as ***** boys. That way no on e ever has to live up to their potential...lol !!!

dannnnn
02-05-2012, 06:02 PM

All I see in that gif is Diaz getting frustrated because Condit won't stand still and let him punch him in the face.

dannnnn
02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I actually think this is a good thing if you're a Diaz fan anyway, because although he lost he can still hold his head up, where as if he had won the fight, GSP would have absolutely dominated and embarrassed him.

kaps
02-05-2012, 06:15 PM
All I see in that gif is Diaz getting frustrated because Condit won't stand still and let him punch him in the face.

Looks like Carlos getting ***** slapped and running. Need glasses...

Dorian
02-05-2012, 06:23 PM
, GSP would have absolutely dominated and embarrassed him.

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/197055-1/Politician-slaps-child.gif

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I think I understand what Kaps is going through. :lol1:

Kinda like how I felt with Anthony Johnson and Dan Hardy. Or Florian-Gomi, when Florian was comfortable until he got hit once and then *****ed out and went to the ground.

kaps
02-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I think I understand what Kaps is going through. :lol1:

Kinda like how I felt with Anthony Johnson and Dan Hardy. Or Florian-Gomi, when Florian was comfortable until he got hit once and then *****ed out and went to the ground.

Think about it this way Flicker.

Hypothetically Guillard is going to fight Gomi. During the build up for the fight, Guillard says things like I'm going to knock Gomi out, were not leaving until one of us in unconscious, then come fight time, he takes Gomi down and rides out a decision. Smart fight or sold out for a W?

dough401
02-05-2012, 06:51 PM

He ***** slapped him I love it! But as for this sad fight thought it would be a WAR what a waste ah well at least I saw a couple good fights but not worth my 59.95 thats for sure!

F l i c k e r
02-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Think about it this way Flicker.

Hypothetically Guillard is going to fight Gomi. During the build up for the fight, Guillard says things like I'm going to knock Gomi out, were not leaving until one of us in unconscious, then come fight time, he takes Gomi down and rides out a decision. Smart fight or sold out for a W?

lol, sold out for a W totally. :rofl:

kaps
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM
lol, sold out for a W totally. :rofl:

That's how I feel about Condit. He changed from exciting fighter to runaway bride to get the nod...