View Full Version : Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson silva 2. Who you got?

Mohammedini
01-28-2012, 10:48 PM
The Chael that showed up against Bisping vs. a healthy Anderson Silva.
Who you got?

I have Anderson by a 2-3 round finish

- v e t -
01-28-2012, 11:08 PM
havent watched it yet, but man good lord he was close to pulling the upset the first time... i couldnt believe it, then BAM! thats why silva is silva i guess!?!?

Ether
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Silva destroys him in the first.

- v e t -
01-28-2012, 11:13 PM
should i even bother watching tonights fight!?!?

Mohammedini
01-28-2012, 11:15 PM
havent watched it yet, but man good lord he was close to pulling the upset the first time... i couldnt believe it, then BAM! thats why silva is silva i guess!?!?
Yep, Anderson came into the fight with cracked ribs.
Also Chael tested 5-6 times above normal testosterone lvls or something crazy like that.

- v e t -
01-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Also Chael tested 5-6 times above normal testosterone lvls or something crazy like that.

wow!

two things i did not know about that fight

Jack3d
01-28-2012, 11:34 PM
If Chael shows up like he did tonight he loses. But short notice I'll cut him a break. I think he'll pull out the UD on Anderson this time

BEDROOM BULLY
01-29-2012, 01:18 AM

Absolute ****ing bollocks get your facts straight before you start spewing sh1t..

Oh and I'd give the advantage to the man that dominated every second for 4 1/2 rounds but then again this is Anderson it's quite possible he knocks Chael out in the first with some crazy sh1t

Virgil Caine
01-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Healthy anderson destroys a non-juiced up Chael.

BEDROOM BULLY
01-29-2012, 01:30 AM
A healthy Anderson lol?

I am sorry but has anyone had a cracked rib before? Because I have and there is NO way he would have been able to handle a 200lb man ontop of him putting pressure on for 5 rounds..

Even when I laughed it was serious ****ing pain..

A bruised rib? Perhaps but then again these guys train hard and rarely come into a fight 100%. If the rib was THAT bad he wouldn't have fought its that simple

Virgil Caine
01-29-2012, 01:36 AM
A healthy Anderson lol?

I am sorry but has anyone had a cracked rib before? Because I have and there is NO way he would have been able to handle a 200lb man ontop of him putting pressure on for 5 rounds..

Even when I laughed it was serious ****ing pain..

A bruised rib? Perhaps but then again these guys train hard and rarely come into a fight 100%. If the rib was THAT bad he wouldn't have fought its that simple
I have, and indeed it does hurt to laugh, or sneeze, or cough, etc.

It is hard to imagine a guy fighting under that condition.

But, it could also explain the performance, maybe. It was said that a doctor told him not to fight, so who knows.

jmt225
01-29-2012, 04:47 AM
As long as Anderson's age hasn't caught up to him and he is close to 100%, he should have zero problem beating Chael in the same manner he beat Okami.

Big BRICKS
01-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Is there a source that can back up these "5x the testosterone of a normal man" claims?

Chael is too god damn macho, Chael by UD

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 07:55 AM
anderson still have crappy wrestling. worse than bisping.

i don't see this going much different than the first time. Only difference i see is Chael having better bjj this time.

So either Anderson catch him on the way in and stops him, or hes getting taken down all day and have to find a sub.

jmt225
01-29-2012, 08:40 AM

Chael was 3 of 7 in takedown attempts against Anderson, and as mentioned in this thread, that was with Anderson having a cracked rib throughout the fight, so the statement that Anderson has crappy wrestling couldn't be any further from the truth.

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Chael was 3 of 7 in takedown attempts against Anderson, and as mentioned in this thread, that was with Anderson having a cracked rib throughout the fight, so the statement that Anderson has crappy wrestling couldn't be any further from the truth.

when has anderson shown good wrestling?

Mohammedini
01-29-2012, 11:34 AM

i don't see this going much different than the first time. Only difference i see is Chael having better bjj this time.

So either Anderson catch him on the way in and stops him, or hes getting taken down all day and have to find a sub.
Men lilla gumman, nu överdriver du igen ;).
Anderson Silva has a TDD of 80.
Crappy wrestling?
Chael got 3 out of 7 attempt on a Anderson silva who could barely bow during the introductions (he always bows deeply 4 times to the crowd when ever they introduce him).

Anderson didn't try to get up to his feet after the takedwon a single time, something he is very good at.

After Round one he pointed at his ribs and said "my ribs" in Portuguese.
He also didn't sit down a single time between rounds.

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Men lilla gumman, nu överdriver du igen ;).
Anderson Silva has a TDD of 80.
Crappy wrestling?
Chael got 3 out of 7 attempt on a Anderson silva who could barely bow during the introductions (he always bows deeply 4 times to the crowd when ever they introduce him).

Anderson didn't try to get up to his feet after the takedwon a single time, something he is very good at.

After Round one he pointed at his ribs and said "my ribs" in Portuguese.
He also didn't sit down a single time between rounds.
doesn't change the fact that anderson never showed good wrestling against other wrestlers. hes good at stuffing takedowns from leites and maia, i'll give him that.

Virgil Caine
01-29-2012, 11:57 AM
doesn't change the fact that anderson never showed good wrestling against other wrestlers. hes good at stuffing takedowns from leites and maia, i'll give him that.
If you remove the Chael fight, which wrestlers have really tested him?

He's got good TD defense and very good foot work, which makes him hard to takedown generally.

I don't see really where you are coming from.

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 12:05 PM
If you remove the Chael fight, which wrestlers have really tested him?

He's got good TD defense and very good foot work, which makes him hard to takedown generally.

I don't see really where you are coming from.
well except for okami who didn't even try to get it to the ground, the last wrestler he fought was henderson. He spent a significant part of the first round hammered on the floor.

his TD defense is not good.

His footwork is very good, but thats not the same thing.

of all the champs, hes by far the easiest to take down.

Virgil Caine
01-29-2012, 12:18 PM
well except for okami who didn't even try to get it to the ground, the last wrestler he fought was henderson. He spent a significant part of the first round hammered on the floor.

his TD defense is not good.

His footwork is very good, but thats not the same thing.

of all the champs, hes by far the easiest to take down.
He's also basically the only guy not from a wrestling base.

It's not really something I make it a habit of to defend Anderson Silva, but I don't agree that Silva is easy to take down. His footwork usually keeps him out of harms way.

I haven't watched the Henderson fight for a long time, but I don't remember him being hammered on the ground much. I don't remember Marquardt doing anything either.

BEDROOM BULLY
01-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Exactly and yes we all know Anderson won that fight but Henderson had him down and controlled him very easy. Anderson tends to turtle when takendown and stops a lot of damage.

He has t fought that many good wrestlers and he has t fought anyone as good as Chael when it comes to wrestling in mma

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 12:25 PM
there's 3 champs with a wrestling base.
one (gsp) without a wrestling base, but heavily wrestling based approach to fighting.
and 3 non-wrestlers. (aldo, silva, JDS)

yes, rewatch the hendo fight.

Andersons wrestling is not horrible compared to all fighters. It's subpar compared to other elite fighters.

In the end, i don't think he can stuff a lot of takedowns from Chael (chaels attempts are more of a grinding style, relentless smothering so on "statistics" he will probably stuff a few but compared to time spent grappling standing up, it won't be successful). I don't think he can defend against the cage and bully Chael.

He will have to catch Chael coming in.

BoxingGenius27
01-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Against good wrestlers, I don't think Anderson's TDD is that good.

He was mounted by Lutter, controlled by henderson, at times rag dolled by a roided Sonnen, and I want to say Marquardt took him down a few times.

I don't know, it will be interesting.

F l i c k e r
01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Anderson will win. I just hope he calls upon his Newton fight and flying knees a takedown attempt.

SkillspayBills
01-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Anderson won't **** around, he will be coming for Chael's head. Chael smothers you so well though so if he can get it to the ground it will look like the first fight all over again.

Danny Gunz
01-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Did chael get hit clean at all in that fight? I cant remember Anderson really catching Chael at any point. I ask because it will be interesting to see how Chael responds to getting hit hard by Anderson, I dont see many fighters going against Silva twice and not getting rocked once.

I mean after watching the first one I feel like we have to give Chael a good chance at winning, I dont buy the cracked rib excuse too much because do you guys really think Dana White would have let his most popular fighter fight with a cracked rib?

$mannyFresh
01-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Chael has no chance. He has to keep from getting stopped for 5 rounds and I doubt he'll be able to do it against a healthy Anderson. Chael is not hard to hit and I saw Bisping's punches bother him a couple times. Anderson will be ready for anything Chael brings in the rematch.

chiguy91
01-30-2012, 02:19 AM
in the first fight, silva was supposedly injured coming into it. also, sonnen was roided.
and in sonnen/bisping, it looked like bisping's shots hurt him, i mean even he said it did. i honestly don't think the rematch will look anything like the first fight.
but that's the beauty of it, sometimes crazy things happen (like the first fight). money would be on the spider, but who knows, i just can't wait to see it go down! :boxing: