View Full Version : I had Bisping winning against Chael

Mohammedini
01-28-2012, 10:21 PM
I was massivly surprised by bispings performance.
I think Bisping on the first round by landing the cleaner, harder punches and backing Chael up against the cage.
Chael got 2 takedowns, both which Bisping got up from.

Second round was a clear Bisping round.

Round 3 Chael's best round.

Bisping 29-28

Money Shot
01-28-2012, 10:23 PM
yeah, me too. I noted Rogan didn't interview Bisping even though he wanted to talk and Randy and Jones weren't allowed to discuss the robbery either. The ass that had it 30-27 must have had a good check in the post from White.

F l i c k e r
01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
I didn't score the fight. I wouldn't have been surprised if it would have been a draw to be honest.

Chael didn't do anything special and neither did Bisping but I figure the refs gave it to him based on name and takedowns. Even if he did only hold him down for a second at a time on some of them.

Mohammedini
01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
It honestly looked like Chael was frustrated a bit.
Bisping disrupted his rhythm really well.

Would I dare say Chael was cracking a little mentally or gas a bit.

I watched the prelims and the main card and noticed something.
Almost every single fighter on the card gassed out.

I mean Bisping and Chael are know to have massive gas tanks.
Rashad Evans and Phil Davis are also well conditioned.

Weideman never ever gassed this hard in his life and Demian Maia gassed as well.

Every Prelim fight that went the distance , both fighters gassed hard.

It had to be extremely thin air in there or something

Rudyo
01-28-2012, 10:36 PM
I had Sonnen by a round, I could see it being a draw or Bisbing by a round though. It doesn't really matter though, the end result would have been the same either way. Both are getting beat by Spider.

Ether
01-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Thought Bisping won as well.

Jack3d
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Neither man was beaten by the other. Sonnen looked like crap and Bisping didn't do anything to prove he wanted to win the fight.

People are looking too much into Bisping's success early in the wrestling dept. Chael was pinned up against the cage but Bisping wasn't doing anything at all.

In the first round Chael established himself as the aggressor, got and early takedown and briefly landed some solid GnP before Bisping was able to get back up

Chael was also in control of the center of the cage and was overall the more aggressive fighter in the stand-up and arguably the more effective one.

Round 1 and 3 went to Chael.

2 went to Bisping.

29-28 Sonnen. It was unimpressive but Sonnen won.

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 04:57 AM
sonnen won. takedowns are worth more than pressing against the cage, every single fight we've seen judged supports that.

Food for thought. http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/01/sonnen-vs-bisping-official-ufc.html

project xxx1
01-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I was massivly surprised by bispings performance.
I think Bisping on the first round by landing the cleaner, harder punches and backing Chael up against the cage.
Chael got 2 takedowns, both which Bisping got up from.

Second round was a clear Bisping round.

Round 3 Chael's best round.

Bisping 29-28
me too,i bisping winning by the same score

first two rounds for bisping and cheal took the last one

wtf......

Spray_resistant
01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
You certainly could have had him winning depending on who you thought took rd 1 as Bisping clearly won rd2 and Sonnen clearly won rd3

Ring Leader
01-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I had Bisping winning 2 to 1, wall and stalling doesn't get points in my book

Harry Balls
01-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I had Bisping winning 2 to 1, wall and stalling doesn't get points in my book

thats what he did though? no idea what bisping edged out round 1 via if not for wall and stall.

decideonsuicide
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Sonnen won Rounds 1 and 3. Even the people that were there in the United Center thought Chael won. People are giving Bisping Round 1 cause of how well he defended. Everyone thought Chael would steamroll him but Mike did a great job defending. Unfortunately, that's all he did. He didn't outstrike or outland Sonnen. Defending isn't enough, you need to damage the other guy.

SkillspayBills
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't know why people are suprised. Bisping is one of the most well rounded fighters there is. The guy is a dick, but he is damn good. I still think the first round is so close it can go either way who knows. 30-27? Why does he have that job.

led
01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't know why people are suprised. Bisping is one of the most well rounded fighters there is. The guy is a dick, but he is damn good. I still think the first round is so close it can go either way who knows. 30-27? Why does he have that job.

The judge who gave 30-27 mustnt have watched the 2nd round.

Dice
01-29-2012, 09:07 PM

Girl in ya avi GOT A FAT ASS!

Bacatit
01-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Bisping won rounds 1/2 and looked like he was on his way to finishing Chael at the end of the third.

KingOne
01-30-2012, 04:59 AM
I gave bisping rd 1 and 2, Chael got rd 3.

No way a judge can score this fight 30-27, just ridiculous :twak:

Harry Balls
01-30-2012, 05:16 AM
round 1 was as close in favor of sonnen as the 2nd was in favor of Bisping.
If you can give Bisping the first round you can give Sonnen the second.

It's kind of ridiculous to state 30-27 is retarded while saying 29-28 bisping is OK given how close round 1 and 2 was.

BEDROOM BULLY
01-30-2012, 07:07 AM
How can 30-27 be that crazy a score.. when people are saying the rounds were so close...?

I had it Sonnen winning the 1st and 3rd

I thought the 3rd was pretty clear..

The first and second rounds very close

Marshall89
02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I watched the fight Live on fight night, then i watched it again the night after...

For me i thought it would be a split decision all day, i couldn't call it! Only round i could call was round 3 for Chael, although if the round was another 1 or 2 minutes Bisping looked like turning it around.
Round 1 and 2 were way to close to call man, Yeah Sonnen landed the takedowns (for about 5 seconds) but Bisping had the better combinations n Chael looked frustrated.
I can't see how Round 2 was 'clearly' won by Bisping.
Neither fighter did anything to hurt each other, i think Chael probably thought he'd kill Bisping and took him to lightly. Yeah man, i was baffled as to why the Evans vs Davis and Maia vs Weidfeld fights got talked about and not the Bisping vs Sonnen fight!!!

The judge that scored it 30-27 i thought was mad at the time, but after watching it again i can honestly say it could be scored anything from 30-27 Sonnen, to 29-28 Bisping

Evans (unfortunately) will get destroyed by Jones as soon as Bones gets his style figured out
Gutted that Bisping never fought Maia n Sonnen never fought Munoz 'cos Sonnen would have won dat one for the title shot and Bisping would have smashed Maia for the shot against Sonnen/Silva... Bisping will lose to Anderson though all day!