View Full Version : Maia needs to sub weidman

Dice
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Its nuts how weidmans a purple belt and people are really saying that hes gonna beat maia. Weidman is a beast but maia needs to stamp fear in peoples hearts again. Hes a third degree blackbelt and couldnt submit grove miranda miller or santiago guys who arent even in the same planet as him in bjj. Im still a fan but i hopes he sends a message in this fight

-2 Scrappy-
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I think maia has subbed much better grapplers and weidman hasn't really done anything on the feet that tells me hell walk thru maia. Maia should be the favorite the odds are ridiculous. Maia will school this kid on the ground.

Dice
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I think maia has subbed much better grapplers and weidman hasn't really done anything on the feet that tells me hell walk thru maia. Maia should be the favorite the odds are ridiculous. Maia will school this kid on the ground.

I hope he gets submitted but u cant sleep on weidman hes been to the adcc himself and hung wit andre galvoa if i remember correctly

-2 Scrappy-
01-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah that's true and ever since Anderson silva embarrassed him roy jones style taunting the hell outta him maia lost his killer instinct. Actually hasn't tapped anybody in a long time! His striking will always be awful the man needs to go back to what works best for him tripping and pulling people down instead of trying to strike.

Dice
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I actually think maias strikin aint bad he chipped up munoz and kendall grove standin up. Anderson did embarrass him roy jones style but nate marquart was the one who derailed him

Dice
01-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Wow so yea so much for puttin fear in peoples hearts again. Demian maia is a clown. I can understand weidman gassing and looking terrible since he dropped 31 pounds in eleven days but maia had no excuse. Hes not a top fighter in my opinion and is only in the top ten by default because its such a terrible division. He just lost a fan, this fight was the final straw to lose to a prospect who took a fight on 11 days notice and have the nerve to gas out *shakes my damn head