View Full Version : Bas Rutten Picks Dos Santos to Beat Overeem

Dorian
01-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Rutten on telling Overeem’s camp which opponents could make for difficult matchups: “I always told them … make sure to avoid Junior dos Santos. I think him and Cain Velasquez, although with Cain, he cannot take a punch too great. But still, Cain is a monster and he should have simply shot in on Junior dos Santos, I think. I actually thought he was going to win that fight, but he didn’t. He got tagged, and that can happen to anybody. Anyway, I always said try to stay away as long as you can from Junior dos Santos. That right now could be a very big threat together, believe it or not, with Cheick Kongo. I think that would also be a great opponent for him.”

On how Overeem matches up with dos Santos: “I think Alistair, everything he does is one single shot because he knows he’s got that glass jaw as well. He’s been knocked out quite a few times in the past, even by Chuck Liddell as well. Every time when he punches, one hand is up. He throws single shots; he doesn’t throw combinations. You saw that when he fought [Fabricio] Werdum. Werdum was actually tagging him more than he did to Werdum. I think that Junior dos Santos, with his combinations, his reach, I think he’s going to tag him and he’s going to throw combos and I think that yeah, he’s going to take this fight.”

Source - Sherdog

Before the GG split = Overeem being the #1 HW
After the GG split = Overeem is going to lose to everyone

The creator of The Reem actually had to cut a large chunk of Bas' comments for the documentary because he was talking up Alistair TOO MUCH. Now this was before the whole Golden Glory soap opera.

Bas is a ****** and I lost all respect for him.

Dorian
01-22-2012, 09:16 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WzX_djWQIeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ether
01-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Shut the **** up, Dorian.

F l i c k e r
01-22-2012, 09:22 PM
You lost respect for Bas because he doesn't think your favorite fighter will beat JDS? :thinking:

Dorian
01-22-2012, 09:28 PM
He's a sore butthurt loser because Overeem left Golden Glory so now he disses and picks everyone to beat him any chance he gets.

Dorian
01-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Shut the **** up, Dorian.
You know I'm gonna chin check you next time I see you, right?

Unknown Champ
01-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I favor JDS over Reem as well.

led
01-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I am an Overeem fan as well, but I see Bas has a point on Reem being careless when he attacks.

Dorian
01-22-2012, 09:53 PM
JDS/Reem is 50/50.. first guy to land that big punch or combo wins. I like JDS A LOT myself but what this guy is doing is childish.

He was kissing Overeems butt so much even I got sick of it then as soon as he leaves Golden Glory he disses him 24/7 and discredits him on any occasion he gets? Pathetic.

Run
01-22-2012, 09:53 PM
I hate to break the news to you Dorian.

But JDS is going to beat the living sh1t out of Overeem, and badly.

Like it won't even be a contest.

Dorian
01-22-2012, 09:55 PM

50/50 fight IMO.

Junior can win, no doubt.

Run
01-22-2012, 10:00 PM
50/50 fight IMO.

Junior can win, no doubt.

I think Overeem is badly outmatched. Like him fighting a more dynamic version of Wanderlei Silva almost.

kaps
01-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Bas is just butthurt that the Reem left GG....

Dorian
01-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Bas is just butthurt that the Reem left GG....

1 day before he left GG

"Overeem will win the ufc belt! Nobody wants to fight him! Best HW in the world'

1 day after he left GG

"Weak chin, will lose to Brock, JDS."

STFU you butthurt overrated has-been..

kaps
01-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Bas vs. The Reem. Dana, make it happen!

F l i c k e r
01-22-2012, 10:36 PM
I'd favor a Prime Bas but this old one. Overeem any day.

kaps
01-22-2012, 10:38 PM
I'd favor a Prime Bas but this old one. Overeem any day.

Did you see the Warpath fight? The sounds of Bas' punches hitting Warpath's flabby body was sickening....

Mohammedini
01-23-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm Sorry Dorian, But your boy is going to be put to sleep.
Reem reaches for that clinch too much, his defense is mediocre....

Overoid will be put to sleep.

Jack3d
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah. Ever since Reem split with GG, Bas has been taking shots at him left and right. It's really quite comical. Bas is an idiot.

G A M E
01-23-2012, 03:05 PM
bas still that dude.. but in this case tho.. that bias is too obvious

Gojira
01-23-2012, 05:07 PM

Your just asking for a Jeff Lacy V2

underoath777
01-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Haha, Bas is the man. I'm stoked they got Bas & Steven Quadros to do the announcing in the Pride mode for Undisputed 3. I haven't been able to put that demo down the last couple days. If only you could actually play as Bas, that would be amazing.

Dice
01-26-2012, 05:23 PM
I love bas but i agree 100 wit dorian and for those who think jds is gonna walk through the demolition man lol go watch his fight wit tyrone spong please. Ive been picked jds to win the belt and am pickin him over the reem but easy path or not the reem is the k1 champ for a reason

monaroCountry
01-26-2012, 08:44 PM
I love bas but i agree 100 wit dorian and for those who think jds is gonna walk through the demolition man lol go watch his fight wit tyrone spong please. Ive been picked jds to win the belt and am pickin him over the reem but easy path or not the reem is the k1 champ for a reason

Yeah all the guys he fought against had a very tough match prior. He fought against guys who broke their arm/hand in the previous fight and was still getting beat up against a one armed fighter :boxing:

Money Shot
01-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Dos Santos could well have the better hands, if he can land early like he did with Velsaquez he could get Overeem out of there.

pesticid
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm Sorry Dorian, But your boy is going to be put to sleep.
Reem reaches for that clinch too much, his defense is mediocre....

Overoid will be put to sleep.

Reem is at his best in the clinch, what's your point? Nobody at heavyweight has good defense.