View Full Version : Prime Roy Jones JR. vs Prime Calzaghe..how does it play out?

elgu
01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I know this thread has been done before but in this particular thread I want details of how you think the fight plays out.

"Calzaghe because he was undefeated" or "RJJ was too fast, y'll must have forgot" are not acceptable answers which is why i'm asking this question in the Boxing History forum.

My take is that in the first couple of rounds Calzaghe goes down once and maybe twice because of Jones speed and power, however due to Calzaghe's chin and durability he survives.

In the middle rounds Calzaghe adapts,finds his groove and the fight turns in his favor. I see him winning rounds 5-8. The I see Calzaghe gets too ****y with his combinations and gets dropped and really hurt by Jones. Then I see Jones dropping Joe 1 or 2 more times before the ref stops the fight. Calzaghe fans start whining saying their man could have continued the fight.

Barnburner
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Prime Roy Jones murks the absolute **** out him.

The_Demon
01-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Jones win,could be a stoppage or a wide UD

I wouldnt give anybody much of a chance against Roy Jones at 168,the dude was superhuman

SincereDaGreat
01-22-2012, 06:39 PM
RJJ all day...too quick, too strong, too athletic!! He was the Jordan of boxing, only problem is is that unlike Jordan who adjusted to Father Time, developed a post game, a lethal fade away and a better jumpshot...Roy didn't adjust to his gifts fading.

Roy in his day would have closed that fight with Joe after that knock down!! Also, Roy didn't react good to being cut that bad.