No announcement yet.

Scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring

As a slight stats geek, it always amazes me why people get so worked up when close fights get scored with wide margins.
    With 3 judges and realistically 10-10 10-9 or 10-8 being the most common scores this shouldnt come as a surprise going to the cards will always be a lottery.
    Has anyone seen any better solutions to this age old problem??
    I have had a couple of thoughts on this, should a fight be calculated on the majority of each round perhaps?

109 views, no replies!?

Comment

i think the way scoring is done now is quite good although the round scoring was fine aswell.

i hated the 1/2 point system in the uk. But there should be much more promotion / demotion of refs after bad / good perfomances

Comment

Originally posted by fightscore View Post
        i think the way scoring is done now is quite good although the round scoring was fine aswell.

i hated the 1/2 point system in the uk. But there should be much more promotion / demotion of refs after bad / good perfomances
        Yeah maybe, I'm just shocked no one has an opinion when we get so many arguments over close fights having wide decisions when statistically its very easy for that to occur just seems stupid.... oh well.
        I'm not sure I agree with your statement about refferee's, being a ref of other sports its easy to make mistakes and often your the first to realise.
        I do think there are sports, football in the uk for example that could do more to highlight the plight of a ref.

Comment

Also I'm not sure the pool of ref's in the uk can be very large unless All Hallows, Kent is a breeding ground for ref's ;o)

Comment

Working...
          X