View Full Version : Edson Barboza, Jr.

Cloud
01-15-2012, 08:27 AM
It was pretty good but i think ive seen better spinning heel kicks. Adlan Amagov's is better imo.

That aside, im proud to have been a Barboza fan since his fight with Jose Figueroa.

EDIT - Wonder if UFC will match Edson with Gomi now. Can't recall why that fight didnt happen.

Dice
01-15-2012, 10:18 AM
It was pretty good but i think ive seen better spinning heel kicks. Adlan Amagov's is better imo.

That aside, im proud to have been a Barboza fan since his fight with Jose Figueroa.

EDIT - Wonder if UFC will match Edson with Gomi now. Can't recall why that fight didnt happen.

I aint sold on him. I give him the etim fight etim is criminally underrated but i thot pearson beat him and i thot njokuani beat barboza although close fights i want him up against a wrestler to see if his tdd upholds

Unknown Champ
01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
gif of both heel kicks please to compare

*Boss*
01-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Jean Claude Van Damme : " I taught Barbosa that kick " :rofl:

ƒallenloki
01-16-2012, 01:36 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/244v22h.gif

Marshall89
01-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Watch the kick slowed down 500 times. It's a sick spin hook kick, It looks like Barboza disguises it as a back kick to the body'cos Etim guards his mid section, Barboza hooks it around and connects clean on Etim's unprotected face.

http://deadspin.com/5876227/

I reckon Pearson beat Barboza in his previous fight, but Etim had no chance, I reckon he wasn't throwing much at all n he looked scared of Edsons power and personally I'm saying the other fights were poor as f*** for this one to be given fight of the night, Lol Etim gets a $60,000 bonus for getting knocked the f*** out.
My money's on Edson becomin UFC Lightweight champion in 2012 or 2013.

Ross Pearson #IronChin

Cloud
01-16-2012, 07:40 AM
I love Edson but i don't know how he will fare with some of the other Lightweights. That division is a shark tank. Obviously he is dangerous as **** in the stand up but how does he fare on the floor?

I reckon Takanori Gomi gives him a real fight despite being past his sell by date. I think his next opponent will be Nate Diaz tbh.

I also watched the Adlan Amagov spin kick KO again...i still think thats better but Barbosa felled Etim like a damn tree.

Marshall89
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
I dunno man, did you watch the video I posted fam? the knockout slowed down 500 times lol.
I reckon Edson will go on to tear up the Lightweight division no question I mean, Pearson was puttin it on him all night in their fight and i personally think Pearson has the heavier hands of the two, but Edsons speed and combos are just insane and his counter punching won him the fight (in the judges eyes, not mine) with Pearson, Lit him up man. Noone drops Pearson but Barboza did!
I reckon the shorter and musclier fighters down at Lightweight fair better than the taller skinnier geezers, Etim is over 6 ft tall and skinny as f***, real skinny man, but if he puts on weight and muscle he'll have to go up to Welterweight, could be a good move for him i dunno?
Next up for Etim i think he should fight Yves Edwards! Or he could fight boys down in the lower echolons of the division like Sotiropoulos (Sick fight), Cody Mckenzie who he will beat, Sam Stout who he's beaten before or even Gomi, I reckon he can beat Gomi if Nate beat him so easily enit, the ground and submission game is Etim's big strength!!

Edson has sick takedown defence as he showed against both Ross and Etim, Gomi will try it but probably without much success still. When was the last time Gomi got a submission? lol Years fam! I guarantee Edson spends 90% of his time training on take down defence and Muay Thai boxing. That's probably all my man will need IMO.
Barboza got a TKO against Lullo with just leg kicks Lol, he's done that twice in his 10 fight career, this just shows the clean power he's got in his legs enit. He's got a purple belt in BJJ aswell
In his Muay Thai days he won 25 of his 28 fights, 22 by knockout and 17 of them ended in the first round!!
I'm seeing the Brazilians sweeping up 5 of the 7 UFC divisions. Renan Barao will be Bantamweight champion, Jose Aldo Featherweight champion (If he stays there at Featherweight) Edson Barboza Lightweight champion, JDS Heavyweight champion and Anderson Middleweight champion (until he finally gives Sonnen the rematch, he gets schooled by Munoz in training apparently and asks for Sonnen to fight Munoz for the chance to fight him whilst he is 'injured' so he ent gotta fight em both)

ƒallenloki
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I like Edson too but he's going to have trouble with some of the bigger, tougher, wrestlers in the division.

They should let him develop instead of throwing him into the fire too soon

kaps
01-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Atajev also landed a beautiful spinning heel kick too the Reem in the MWGP qualifier in Pride.....

http://gifsoup.com/view/808646/atajev-spinning-heel-kick-o.gif

-2 Scrappy-
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I still think yves spinning jumping roundhouse is still the coolest head kick KO but that's definitely second in the UFC.

The man has serious skills. It'll be extremely hard to beat him since his striking is so good and so is his takedown defense. I think he will definitely be a legit top 10 guy probably after hos next fight but edgar, miller, maynard and bendo are totally different animals with their wrestling not to mention they are excellent at setting them up. He will only get better though maybe some day he could beat them and challenge for the title.

Marshall89
01-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Talkin about sick kicks, ya'll seen the Pettis superman kick on Bendo enit lol.
You gotta remember though Barboza's just about to turn 26 so he's raw still. He's also got a purple belt in BJJ so i'm guessin he knows what to do on the ground n dat. I think Gray and Frankie will both struggle to take Edson down 'cos he's got some big n strong hips n legs enit.
I reckon the best way to fight Edson would be to stand there n bang wid him, don't even bother tryna take him down, just pressure him and walk him down the whole fight like Pearson did. We all know Frankie's the best in the game at that and has an iron jaw to go wid it! F*** dat geezer can take a serious punch man.

Mentionin Pettis dats a reminder of the Lightweight division, ders some serious up and comers and contenders on the scene at Lightweight. You got Pettis, Diaz, Edgar, Maynard, Miller, Henderson, Etim, Barboza, Guillard, Cerrone, Guida, Dos Anjos, Stephens and Sass (Watch out for this boy Paul Sass yano 12-0 in his MMA career and loves his Triangle Chokes trust me, 11 of his 12 wins via submission, they call him 'Sassangle'. only 23 years old aswell)
You got the old timers like Sherk, Edwards, Gomi and Sotiropoulos to add to that!!

Heavy division