View Full Version : Why Do MMA Fighters Get Staph Infection?

Bobby No Sex
01-14-2012, 12:42 AM
i seen this infection mostly common with mma fighters. why is that?

kaps
01-14-2012, 12:45 AM
i seen this infection mostly common with mma fighters. why is that?

Any grappling art. It's because people at the gym don't take care of the mats properly and they don't shower after rolling. It also effects hs wrestlers too. That's why most places don't allow street shoes on the mats...

Unknown Champ
01-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Because they are rolling around on the ground which the bacteria thrives on (after you sweat). Also grappling and exchanging bacteria from one another with the bacteria doesn't help

kaps
01-14-2012, 12:48 AM
After practice or training the mats should be cleaned with anti-bacterial soaps. Also they sale special soaps to shower with after rolling to help prevent it too....

http://www.defensesoap.com/

kaps
01-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Because they are rolling around on the ground which the bacteria thrives on (after you sweat). Also grappling and exchanging bacteria from one another with the bacteria doesn't help

If you keep good hygiene and take care of your mats it's not a problem. Most people are just to lazy/tired after training to mop their mats before rolling them up or going home for the night...

Bobby No Sex
01-14-2012, 01:03 AM
oh that's why. thanks for the info guys.

shadeyfizzle
01-14-2012, 04:38 AM
oh that's why. thanks for the info guys.

Now that you know....the better question would be why boxers like pavlik get staph infection. Lol

kaps
01-14-2012, 04:58 AM
Now that you know....the better question would be why boxers like pavlik get staph infection. Lol

Probably sparring with someone who has staph. If you clinch up you'll get it....

Jack3d
01-14-2012, 05:15 AM
Lack of Personal Hygeine is one factor

The other is dirty ass motherfukers who operate gyms that don't clean their mats.

shadeyfizzle
01-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Probably sparring with someone who has staph. If you clinch up you'll get it....

I prefer to think pavlik is just a dirty drunk who doesnt shower. Lol.

MARKBNLV
01-14-2012, 06:57 AM
Lack of Personal Hygeine is one factor

The other is dirty ass motherfukers who operate gyms that don't clean their mats.

Not at all its having any abrasion in your skin coming in contact with the disease it can happen to anyone,i actually watched a video where in the background you can see Munoz spraying something on the mats probably what Kaps was speaking of.

Virgil Caine
01-14-2012, 07:53 AM

Also, boxing equipment has to be well sanitized as well, or you can get staff.

Virgil Caine
01-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Not at all its having any abrasion in your skin coming in contact with the disease it can happen to anyone,i actually watched a video where in the background you can see Munoz spraying something on the mats probably what Kaps was speaking of.
It's not a lack of personal hygene, but you do reduce the risk drastically by showering right after your workout.

MARKBNLV
01-14-2012, 08:46 AM
It's not a lack of personal hygene, but you do reduce the risk drastically by showering right after your workout.

I never had it but a fellow friend of mine had a nasty one on his neck,to tell the truth the thought of it is repulsives,imagine a giant red bump spewing white and lack sht.

Virgil Caine
01-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I never had it but a fellow friend of mine had a nasty one on his neck,to tell the truth the thought of it is repulsives,imagine a giant red bump spewing white and lack sht.
I had it many times.

Topical antibiotic treatment clears it up pretty quickly.

phallus
01-14-2012, 05:47 PM

its not just the rash, it's like having mono or chronic fatigue.

Bobby No Sex
01-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Do p0rn stars get staph when they use dildos especially the lesbo scenes?

Virgil Caine
01-15-2012, 06:00 AM
its not just the rash, it's like having mono or chronic fatigue.
Maybe if you let it progress far enough, but if you catch it fairly early it isn't a problem.

DIB42
01-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Because Real Fighters don't wash their hands after using the restroom!