No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali vs Cus D'Amato Joe Louis debate [video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Ali vs Cus D'Amato Joe Louis debate [video]

I thought it was funny how he made a reference to Ali's legs going. Not knowing he would prove to have some of the greatest recuperative powers and chin of all time.

Comment

I had never seen that, thanks for posting!

Comment

I haven't seen this either, they both made some legit points... I wonder if Cus ever commented on Ali after he beat Foreman or after he beat Frazier the third time? Surely Cus changed his perspective on him.

Comment

entertaining ,thanks for posting

Comment

I've always felt that Ali would have a very long night with Joe Louis. If Jor could catch up before round 9 in a 15 round real title fight he would have a chance to eliminate Ali. The young people today don't put Louis in the catagory of a great puncher, he was and could destroy people with either hand. Remember that very good fighters like Charles and Walcott could struggle against a very old and past his time Joe Louis. Louis could take a punch also and although he was slow compared to Ali he was not slow in his era and knew how to move his opponent into punches. Louis had an excellant trainer and they both made a tremendous team that was unstopable for a long time. My brain tells me that Ali could steal a 15 rounder with close scoring put I also know that if Joe could put together a sustained attack even Alis great chin would succomb. If Frazier could drop Ali as he moved backwards with his very looping hook think what Louis could do with his short on target shots that had more power than Tyson offered. Louis threw proper shots, short and the technique was perfect. Feet, hips, shoulders and pronating was what Joe Louis was all about. No one mentions that Louis's punching was techniquelly perfect. Watch him finish Max Schmelling with Max caught on the ropes unable to move because of kidney shots "couldn't move" if you don't think that Max was a very tuff guy you know nothing about methods, techniques and heart. He figured out how to defeat a young Joe Louis and did it years earlier. Joe repaid him and never forgot the lesson Max gave him.
            I believe after one fight regardless of the finish Ali would just as soon not fight Louis anymore. Its hard to give props to the eras gone by but the bottom line is Joe was terrific he was Johnson rolled into Dempsey and became a thinking fighter along with combos that hurt people. Remember that Ali couldn't break an egg and without his combos and pronating shots to wear down people or stop them on cuts he'd have to win going the distance. He had very little power when comparing him to Joe Louis, so does everyone else. Ray.

Comment

I love this debate between the two. This is the incomplete version though.

Later in the video they start talking strategies and Cus is bobbing and weaving infront of him talking about how he would struggle with that style.

It's a great video.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I love this debate between the two. This is the incomplete version though.

Later in the video they start talking strategies and Cus is bobbing and weaving infront of him talking about how he would struggle with that style.

It's a great video.

Yea, I love Cus's answer to the Ali shuffle too......

The documentary is called AKA Cassius Clay.

Comment

Awesome vid green k sent

Comment

quality vid had to share it on facebook

Comment

Working...
                    X