View Full Version : Ring Record Book

TBear
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
For years it was my favorite book. It was all the b@xrec records put out in a book once a year. Somewhere around 1985-86 they announced that years edition would not come out. I had already ordered it and had to wait a year for the book. It was the last year it was published. But it was the best record book ever put out.

Here is an ad I got from Ring Magazine(1953)

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2565/11869145.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/11869145.png/)

Scott9945
01-11-2012, 09:03 PM
I have a few old Ring Record Books. Before the internet it was the boxing bible. There were no decent options.

TBear
01-11-2012, 11:16 PM
I have a few old Ring Record Books. Before the internet it was the boxing bible. There were no decent options.

I agree. I started ordering it in the early eighties. It was the only way back then to get info. After they quit publishing them I tried Fight Fax' book for a few years. Now it's all online, but the books were awesome. What years do you have?

Scott9945
01-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I agree. I started ordering it in the early eighties. It was the only way back then to get info. After they quit publishing them I tried Fight Fax' bool for a few years. Now it's all online, but the books were awesome. What years do you have?

I had to get rid of a couple the last time I moved, but I still have 1982 and 1968.

Did you used to get the yearly Fight Fax record books too? Boxrec made that publication obsolete.

TBear
01-12-2012, 01:43 AM
I had to get rid of a couple the last time I moved, but I still have 1982 and 1968.

Did you used to get the yearly Fight Fax record books too? Boxrec made that publication obsolete.

When the Ring book stopped I switched to fightfax for a few years. I still have those and three Ring books from the early eighties. Back then I needed dates for alot of the bouts I recorded. Around the time the Ring record book stopped, Ring Magazine quit listing dates with their results. I lucked out finding fightfax til the internet was available to me.