View Full Version : King mo!

Dice
01-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Thats how u win if u a wrestler! Woodley should be ashamed of himself! I dont get how u can get dominant position on the ground and not punch a dudes lights out like u got him trapped on the damn floor! Shout outs to king mo man gettin the finishes. I understand not finishing everyone but koscheck is the perfect example, he get some wins with his wrestling and he mixes in finishes too. Watchin woodley almost made me curse wrestlers then king mo restored my faith vicious ground and pound! Jon jones to his gnp is nasty!

Big BRICKS
01-08-2012, 01:08 AM
He is indeed the man. Like it or not he either knocks someone out or gets knocked out.

Dice
01-08-2012, 01:15 AM
He is indeed the man. Like it or not he either knocks someone out or gets knocked out.

I dont get y ppl dont like mo anyways. Everybody blabs about the mousasi fight sayin he boring but i just think people dont like dude cuz he ghetto. He got charisma and skills and ppl ***** on dude

G A M E
01-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I dont get y ppl dont like mo anyways. Everybody blabs about the mousasi fight sayin he boring but i just think people dont like dude cuz he ghetto. He got charisma and skills and ppl ***** on dude

king mo and the 209 FTW

Virgil Caine
01-08-2012, 10:39 AM
King Mo, most powerful ground and pound punching since Fedor first came onto the scene.

jakkups
01-08-2012, 10:51 AM
He was always a great talent in terms of his potential but since his humbling he's looked far more clinical in his approach. Still would've love to have seen (and who knows it still may happen) Mo vs Hendo.

Virgil Caine
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
He was always a great talent in terms of his potential but since his humbling he's looked far more clinical in his approach. Still would've love to have seen (and who knows it still may happen) Mo vs Hendo.
I do believe that his injury was a big factor in the loss.

I also do agree though that the humbling was healthy for his career.

jakkups
01-08-2012, 11:44 AM
I do believe that his injury was a big factor in the loss.

I also do agree though that the humbling was healthy for his career.

That and Feij„o's hands of stone lol! Long term it's what he needed, because as good as he looked in some of his wins there were a few (most notably Kawamura, Silva & Mousasi) where he was making harder work of it than he needed to.

boxing1983
01-08-2012, 12:00 PM
I dont get the Mo hate either. I think that Mo is kinda small for a light heavyweight. Who knows time will tell when he faces a big light heavyweight.

*Boss*
01-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I dont get the Mo hate either. I think that Mo is kinda small for a light heavyweight. Who knows time will tell when he faces a big light heavyweight.

He looked pretty huge to me.

dough401
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Dude is a beast thats for sure like all his fights i'm just glad some one finally called out "Winslow" she has to be one of the worst refs in the game King Mo said it best "Let Winslow fight Cyborg and let's do a late stoppage with her" see how she likes it.

-2 Scrappy-
01-08-2012, 02:18 PM
It was ok but nothing special the dude is a natural middleweight that he beat. He still hasnt convinced me hes top 10 material. He needs to prove he can even beat rafael in a rematch.

Virgil Caine
01-08-2012, 02:25 PM
It was ok but nothing special the dude is a natural middleweight that he beat. He still hasnt convinced me hes top 10 material. He needs to prove he can even beat rafael in a rematch.
King Mo is most certainly a top 10 LHW.

For example, and I know it is a different sport, but they do not just give national amateur wrestling championships away. King Mo won 4 of them. He is one of a very few number of top class wrestlers, and he carries it over into MMA effectively.

MMA ratings are frankly a joke and not worth the bandwidth they're hosted on, but I'd certainly have Mo in the 6-10 range at least. I can think of a number of guys I'd rate above him, but he is certainly top 10 material.

dough401
01-08-2012, 03:11 PM

For example, and I know it is a different sport, but they do not just give national amateur wrestling championships away. King Mo won 4 of them. He is one of a very few number of top class wrestlers, and he carries it over into MMA effectively.

MMA ratings are frankly a joke and not worth the bandwidth they're hosted on, but I'd certainly have Mo in the 6-10 range at least. I can think of a number of guys I'd rate above him, but he is certainly top 10 material.

I'm with you on this one I dont think he gets as much credit for being in Strikeforce but imo 100% a top 10 LHW thats for sure.There are a lot of good LHWs but all in all I see him right in there with the best of the best in the weight class.

Virgil Caine
01-08-2012, 03:37 PM

I'm with you on this one I dont think he gets as much credit for being in Strikeforce but imo 100% a top 10 LHW thats for sure.There are a lot of good LHWs but all in all I see him right in there with the best of the best in the weight class.
There are a number of guys you simply have to rate above him. Jones is #1, without a doubt. Henderson, Evans, Machida, Jackson are all clearly above him. I'd probably put him in a similar class as a guy like Phil Davis, pretty much (e.g. lower top 10 fighters, that isn't really so much a style comparison). I think that Davis has an excellent chance to defeat Evans (in other words the fight is a big opportunity for him), and so he may move up in the near future. I'd also rank Feijao in the same sort of range. He beat Mo, but than he lost, and when you lose you get knocked back (it doesn't matter that MMA websites are written by people who don't know how to do rankings). Styles make fights, and a victory over a fellow ranked opponent, while considerable is not necessarily a be-all-end-all. Despite losing to Feijao, Mo can climb above him, without fighting him. Of course, I think we all want to see a second fight, but there are various circumstances involved, including circumstances which may intervene.

dough401
01-08-2012, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=dough401;11643228]
There are a number of guys you simply have to rate above him. Jones is #1, without a doubt. Henderson, Evans, Machida, Jackson are all clearly above him. I'd probably put him in a similar class as a guy like Phil Davis, pretty much (e.g. lower top 10 fighters, that isn't really so much a style comparison). I think that Davis has an excellent chance to defeat Evans (in other words the fight is a big opportunity for him), and so he may move up in the near future. I'd also rank Feijao in the same sort of range. He beat Mo, but than he lost, and when you lose you get knocked back (it doesn't matter that MMA websites are written by people who don't know how to do rankings). Styles make fights, and a victory over a fellow ranked opponent, while considerable is not necessarily a be-all-end-all. Despite losing to Feijao, Mo can climb above him, without fighting him. Of course, I think we all want to see a second fight, but there are various circumstances involved, including circumstances which may intervene.

I'm with you on the LHW you stated but I think he "Mo" would beat Jackson right now if they fought, as for Phil Davis witch i've been a fan of I see him doing well against Evens "I hope" should be a overall good fight. For the rankings in MMA the only thing I like no matter how they have them all rank Dana might do a lot dumb sh1t but him and Joe Silva get this right 1 fights 2 and contender matchs no ducking and choosing your fights I for one thought this past week Sergio Martinez giving up his WBC dimond title just to prove a point was classic imo!

-2 Scrappy-
01-08-2012, 04:24 PM
He did his business and did what he had to do but wrestling credentials dont win championships like jake rosolt who was easily one of the best wrestlers ever to come into MMA.

Maybe top 10 material was wrong wording, he definitely has the potential but i definitely dont think hes a top 10 fighter yet. Just hasnt beaten anybody hes still on up and comer level like Gustaffon but hes already 30ish he needs to stop wasting his time on guys like larkin, beat rafael and try to get into the ufc asap.

Marshall89
01-16-2012, 06:08 AM
He was calling out Rampage not long ago

RIZO24
01-16-2012, 03:13 PM
I dont hink MO is top ten right now!! He needs to get in the UFC and prove he is top ten...