View Full Version : Dos Santos will Put the Reem in REM sleep

Mohammedini
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM
A Glass jaw with Ko power, excellent kickboxing but mediocre striking defense vs. A guy with a granite chin, excellent boxing and brutal KO power.

Do the math Dorian.......

G A M E
01-06-2012, 03:39 PM
oh.. look whos back

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTstMQmpywqqePEJBRD5YlMYHuFwD-Ji3GbImFIEZ-gVWSa1IfsJeJx8I_0Cw

-2 Scrappy-
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Agreed last time Overeem traded with a good boxer at heavyweight with power sergei put him to sleep.

Gojira
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Cant wait for this fight! I have JDS by 3rd round TKO.

Mohammedini
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Agreed last time Overeem traded with a good boxer at heavyweight with power sergei put him to sleep.
Exactly! And Sergei wasn't as good of a boxer JDS is back then.
Reem leaves his chin in the air constantly when he reaches in with those knee's.
Also his K-1 run is misleading cus he didn't face anyone with the boxing that JDS has.

BigStereotype
01-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Shogun Rua put his ass out.

Big BRICKS
01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Gonna be a stand up war for sure, guaranteed knockout as both men have shown their cardio isn't the greatest.

Virgil Caine
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Sergei is and was a better boxer than JDS, there is really no argument about it.

What convinces you that JDS has a granite chin? Who has really tested his chin? When has he been solidly cracked in the chin and by whom?

I have no real ill will against JDS, but he's turning into the flavor of the month.

The only thing he really does well is throw his hands, particularly his right.

Overeem's left hook will probably land first if they throw at the same time.

Overeem has better stand up overall, and he also has good kicks and knees. Overeem has also shown better submission skills in his career (though this is yet another area in which JDS is untested). And, JDS is not taking Overeem down.

Overeem will destroy JDS. I'm thinking a first round knockout is a likely scenario.

pesticid
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Does JDS "amazing boxing" come from his win against Cain Velazquez?
I mean Shane Carwin's standup or boxing is bad, Roy Nelson's pretty bad, Gonzaga. Mirko had a great stand-up game but never in the UFC and he had a glass jaw too.

Anything is possible with HW's, but you guys are making JDS's stand up to be something that really is not.

-2 Scrappy-
01-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Dos Santos movement and footwork is 10x sergei and people are orgasming because Overeem destroyed a scared lesnar who just stood in front of him. Overeem could barely hit werdum clean he has no jab.

Virgil Caine
01-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Dos Santos movement and footwork is 10x sergei and people are orgasming because Overeem destroyed a scared lesnar who just stood in front of him. Overeem could barely hit werdum clean he has no jab.
No, actually some of us have been following Reem's career for years.

I agree with you that Sergei has plodding footwork, but that is somewhat of a superficial argument. Overall, and whether you accept it or not, Sergei is one of the best boxers in MMA, his base is largely boxing (in addition to sambo and Russian army combatives, but seemingly mainly boxing).

In fact, he was a multi-time national silver medalist in Russia (e.g. the most dominant amateur boxing country in history). As you also probably don't know, he was a would-be Olympian boxer for Tajikstan, but he opted to fight in Pride instead.

So while I agree with you that he does not have the most impressive footwork (although he does know what he is doing, and he has a plodding style), he is a very good boxer. I'd bet my monthly income on him in a boxing match vs JDS, quite frankly (well, if I was a betting man).

-2 Scrappy-
01-06-2012, 07:17 PM
No, actually some of us have been following Reem's career for years.

I agree with you that Sergei has plodding footwork, but that is somewhat of a superficial argument. Overall, and whether you accept it or not, Sergei is one of the best boxers in MMA, his base is largely boxing (in addition to sambo and Russian army combatives, but seemingly mainly boxing).

In fact, he was a multi-time national silver medalist in Russia (e.g. the most dominant amateur boxing country in history). As you also probably don't know, he was a would-be Olympian boxer for Tajikstan, but he opted to fight in Pride instead.

So while I agree with you that he does not have the most impressive footwork (although he does know what he is doing, and he has a plodding style), he is a very good boxer. I'd bet my monthly income on him in a boxing match vs JDS, quite frankly (well, if I was a betting man).

I agree sergei is a nasty boxer I was rooting for him in the tournament. I don't think sergei really outboxed him either just outslugged him. I just don't know if Overeem can set dos santos up to bomb him out. Junior keeps his hands low to draw people in thinking they can hit him. I feel mobility will give Overeem problems unless he throws constant leg kicks which is how cro cop shoulda fought him. Dos santos has good timing. I just feel Overeem relies alot on his size and dos santos has the movement to outslick him

Virgil Caine
01-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree sergei is a nasty boxer I was rooting for him in the tournament. I don't think sergei really outboxed him either just outslugged him. I just don't know if Overeem can set dos santos up to bomb him out. Junior keeps his hands low to draw people in thinking they can hit him. I feel mobility will give Overeem problems unless he throws constant leg kicks which is how cro cop shoulda fought him. Dos santos has good timing. I just feel Overeem relies alot on his size and dos santos has the movement to outslick him
I agree he largely outslugged him, but also that shows the ability to turn the heat up, imo.

I also think that he fights more in the sort of European style, with respect to his boxing, although he probably is just a tad unorthodox there too. But he knows how to throw punches, and he is an able boxer.

ƒallenloki
01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
What's with this myth that JDS has teh best boxing evvaahh omggzz?

kaps
01-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Did everyone forget that Reem Reem'd Sergei before too?

-2 Scrappy-
01-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Did everyone forget that Reem Reem'd Sergei before too?

Reem took him down and stopped him with gnp. Jds has good takedown defense.

-2 Scrappy-
01-06-2012, 10:02 PM
What's with this myth that JDS has teh best boxing evvaahh omggzz?

His boxing is solid for MMA but nobody said it was something special. The bigger myth is reem is some crazy good kickboxer. He's big and powerful but its not like he's outpointing him. Reem has questionable chin and very lacking cardio. I really don't think he gets JDS out in the first and then he will fade as always. Just think dos santos is more durable with solid cardio and good movement to make Overeem work harder til he fades and Jds stops him in late.

F l i c k e r
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Reem took him down and stopped him with gnp. Jds has good takedown defense.

He's never had a Odin try to take him down before.

Virgil Caine
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM
His boxing is solid for MMA but nobody said it was something special. The bigger myth is reem is some crazy good kickboxer. He's big and powerful but its not like he's outpointing him. Reem has questionable chin and very lacking cardio. I really don't think he gets JDS out in the first and then he will fade as always. Just think dos santos is more durable with solid cardio and good movement to make Overeem work harder til he fades and Jds stops him in late.

So who do you think wins in a straight kickboxing match?

If you say JDS, I say you are crazy.

-Swizzy-
01-07-2012, 01:35 AM
everyone keeps mentioning the Kharitonov fight as proof that Reem can't stand with a good boxer. Lets not forget that Reem was dominating until he gassed out and then Kharitonov pounced on him while he was defenseless.

Reem has since gotten use to his weight learned how to train and eat for better stamina plus his striking has improved.

Reem would destroy Kharitov if they ever fought again and he'll destroy Dos Santos too.

If this was a pure boxing match, I give it to Dos Santos.... but it isn't. Reem has good kicks and he'll use them. If Dos Santos has the same mindset that he had against Cain, he will get REEMED. Reem will come in smart knowing Dos Santos can bang, but it seems that Dos Santos disregards his opponents' striking skills even if they are good strikers. That will be a mistake against Overeem.

-2 Scrappy-
01-07-2012, 01:48 AM
everyone keeps mentioning the Kharitonov fight as proof that Reem can't stand with a good boxer. Lets not forget that Reem was dominating until he gassed out and then Kharitonov pounced on him while he was defenseless.

Reem has since gotten use to his weight learned how to train and eat for better stamina plus his striking has improved.

Reem would destroy Kharitov if they ever fought again and he'll destroy Dos Santos too.

If this was a pure boxing match, I give it to Dos Santos.... but it isn't. Reem has good kicks and he'll use them. If Dos Santos has the same mindset that he had against Cain, he will get REEMED. Reem will come in smart knowing Dos Santos can bang, but it seems that Dos Santos disregards his opponents' striking skills even if they are good strikers. That will be a mistake against Overeem.

Lmao wtf are you talking about? He gassed badly against werdum because things didn't go his way. Dos santos won't play his game either. And sergei whoops his ass 10 outta 10 times on the feet unless reem takes him down. Wasn't no asswhoopin. Overeem
Has still always had chin and cardio issues never changed no improvement. He's like the belfort of heavyweight if things aren't going his way and doesn't get you out in one he folds.

Kakutogi-Gumi
01-07-2012, 02:25 AM
So....scrappy.....do you continue to touch a hot stove every time you get burned?

-Swizzy-
01-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Lmao wtf are you talking about? He gassed badly against werdum because things didn't go his way. Dos santos won't play his game either. And sergei whoops his ass 10 outta 10 times on the feet unless reem takes him down. Wasn't no asswhoopin. Overeem
Has still always had chin and cardio issues never changed no improvement. He's like the belfort of heavyweight if things aren't going his way and doesn't get you out in one he folds.

wtf? Reem was not gassed against Werdum. The only reason Reem had so called "difficulty" is because Werdum refused to fight. It was a chase-and-run match which is usually the case when a really good striker goes up against a really good BJJ fighter that has zero standup. ie: Anderson-Maia.

That fight didn't reveal any cons about Reem other than what you need to do to NOT get finished by Reem. Thats all.

Mohammedini
01-07-2012, 02:46 AM
JDS by Tko.
Honestly Reems defense isn't good and his chin....
He got wobbled twice by a much much smaller Tyrone Sponge in the K-1 grand Prix.

His gas tank is bad....

JDS has so much better hands and when ever Reem goes for a kick he will risk getting countered.
JDS is a competent counter-puncher as well with great timing.

Kharanitov in my opinion isn't as good of a mma boxer that JDS is.
The guy got out strucken for 4 min by Arloveski before Arloveski got ktfo.
Jds has showed that he can control the range, counter, out-box and cut the ring.
Kharinatov just plods forward and throws overhands rights and haymakers.
If one lands you're ****ed but how is that considered to be great technical boxing?
JDS would destroy Kharinotov in a mma fight without ever taking it to the ground.
Or would you honestly believe Kharanitov would beat him in the octogan?

Plz you thought Yushin Okami would KO A.S with a left hook.

Mohammedini
01-07-2012, 02:48 AM
If Reem goes for a liver kick it might end like this.....
http://i40.tinypic.com/2jy0t4.gif
;) :haha: :rofl:

-Swizzy-
01-07-2012, 03:10 AM
JDS by Tko.
Honestly Reems defense isn't good and his chin....
He got wobbled twice by a much much smaller Tyrone Sponge in the K-1 grand Prix.

His gas tank is bad....

JDS has so much better hands and when ever Reem goes for a kick he will risk getting countered.
JDS is a competent counter-puncher as well with great timing.

Kharanitov in my opinion isn't as good of a mma boxer that JDS is.
The guy got out strucken for 4 min by Arloveski before Arloveski got ktfo.
Jds has showed that he can control the range, counter, out-box and cut the ring.
Kharinatov just plods forward and throws overhands rights and haymakers.
If one lands you're ****ed but how is that considered to be great technical boxing?
JDS would destroy Kharinotov in a mma fight without ever taking it to the ground.
Or would you honestly believe Kharanitov would beat him in the octogan?

Plz you thought Yushin Okami would KO A.S with a left hook.
its the other way around. Whenever JDS goes for a punch he'll risk getting his lead leg kicked in.
If Reem goes for a liver kick it might end like this.....
http://i40.tinypic.com/2jy0t4.gif
;) :haha: :rofl:
yes, lets compare Gonzaga's striking skills with Overeem's just to prove that Reem would lose to JDS. lol ridiculous.

Look at the way Gonzaga wound up for the kick. That is worse than just amateurish. Overeem would never leave himself that vulnerable and open.

-2 Scrappy-
01-07-2012, 03:23 AM
wtf? Reem was not gassed against Werdum. The only reason Reem had so called "difficulty" is because Werdum refused to fight. It was a chase-and-run match which is usually the case when a really good striker goes up against a really good BJJ fighter that has zero standup. ie: Anderson-Maia.

That fight didn't reveal any cons about Reem other than what you need to do to NOT get finished by Reem. Thats all.

Overeem barely won that fight werdum made it closer then a lot of people expected and overeem definitely was a complete different fighter round 1 then round 2 and 3. He was all confident throwing werdum around but then he got frustrated when he couldn't hit him when all he really needed was the ability to control distance which is nonexistent with no jab throwing straight power shots not set up like dos santos.

Bad example too. Maia wanted to fight did what he had to but Anderson roy jonesd him but by taunting. He showed how much better he was maia couldn't do *****. Werdum did what he had to do and Overeem had no answer to really dominant takeover the fight like he could have by setting up his power shots. He's just a big bully. He has kicks but he doesn't move in and out with them stradegically he's throws them sometimes in his. combos. It's not like he can do what aldo did to faber or Cruz to bowles and faber. I think it will be like cerrone diaz where he lands a few but not often enough. I just feel dos santod will break him down but defending against overeems big shots and setting up solid shots himself. Overeem will probably win the first round and half the second but dos santos will survive the storm and break him down from there for a 3rd or 4thish stoppage.

-2 Scrappy-
01-07-2012, 03:29 AM
This isn't kickboxing this is 5 five minute rounds not 3-4 3min rounds where Overeem can last longer. He has never been impressive late going into fights. I really don't think Overeem will spark him out early. I can see dos Santos being extremely cautious and defensive counterpunching while Overeem let's loose his usual first round madness go. It'll be fast paced too imo advantage dos santos whose let loose giving 3 round beatdown clinics to carwin and roy. He threw werdum down and sat in his guard stalling knowing being on top wins it.

-2 Scrappy-
01-07-2012, 03:45 AM
So....scrappy.....do you continue to touch a hot stove every time you get burned?

Wtf are you even talking about getting burned? Overeem is still largely untested against top 5 heavyweights. Werdum was his first top 10 win, lesnar second. Dos santos is top 5. Dos santos still needs to defend his crown before he can he established as great too. Whoever wins will be the legit #1, I'm not saying its set in stone jds wins I'm simply giving my opinion its you delusional Overeem fans thinking dos santos has no chance in hell. I'm being logical pointing out weaknesses I see in reem dos santos could exploit so sorry i don't treat Overeem has some unstoppable wrecking machine after beating a guy coming off 2 serious life threatening disease scares and a year+ layoff who was already halfway out the octagon into retirement before the fight even started. Once he got stuffed he just stood in front of him and just laid down for him tho he ate some mean body kicks. I expected him to beat lesnar so im not as crazy about it as everybody else but not trying to discredit lesnar he's already a good matchup for Overeem who is as big as him who he can't bully. Nobody will beat Overeem by outmuscling him no matter which lesnar showed up anyway.

He's barely beat werdum then beat lesnar. Besides that its been tomato cans so I'm just waiting for him to beat dos santos or even cain even if he loses to dos santos to really say damn he's something special at heavyweight. Dos santos atleast consistently destroyed contenders for years til he put cain to sleep to claim male to his spot as champ. Just want Overeem to do that too by beating dos santos before i give him all this credit. Seems like ever since the K1 tournament still beat tomato cans like James Thompson shot ass fujita and brett Rogers people already been trying to claim him #1 heavyweight in the world without earning it. It's gonna be a war the better man will win I just feel dos santos is solidly adjusted to mma.

GreatestIam
01-07-2012, 04:40 AM
JDS=RUA all over again

Mohammedini
01-07-2012, 05:11 AM
its the other way around. Whenever JDS goes for a punch he'll risk getting his lead leg kicked in.
????? that silly to be honest. Reem leaves his chin up in the air unprotected all the time, going for knee's and such.
Except for the Ben Edward fight Reem has never showed counter punching ability.
And the Ben Edward fight isn't much of an example.
JDS absolutely has better timing then Reem adn when Reem reaches in like he likes to do he is going to leave himself open.

yes, lets compare Gonzaga's striking skills with Overeem's just to prove that Reem would lose to JDS. lol ridiculous.

Look at the way Gonzaga wound up for the kick. That is worse than just amateurish. Overeem would never leave himself that vulnerable and open.
That was a joke, even had :Rofl: and a wink sign under it if you didn't notice.
I showed the gif just to show that JDS has excellent timing.
And Gonzaga is a bum I know.

Unknown Champ
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree, I favor JDS in this fight. If Brock can land a crisp jab cutting reem, then jds will land that jab all night. JDS is too quick and crafty w them hands. Quicker footwork as well. When the fight gets close I will bet.

.Mik.
01-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Theres going to be some shocked faces on here when Alistair walks straight through Junior.

FirePunch
01-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Jds is my favortie for this match

His boxing is good for mma standards simply because he utilizes it in such a way .
He constantly is wary of takedowns and kicks and seems to heavily rely on countering those 2 mainly with a thudding right .

I do see reem getting put out by a dos santos overhand right or a left hook .

Reem drops his hands and dos santos knows what hes doing with his hands ive seen the dude throw body jabs and such to open up the head .

Reem has a chance though but hes going to either have to land a early takedown or do some cheap early leg kicking lol .

I have a feeling hes going to want to trade to be macho and he will simply learn his lesson like cain

Someone88
01-07-2012, 11:22 PM
TS I agree Dos Santos will land hard punches and win by ko/tko

G A M E
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
jesus... i just read Overeem hasnt proved anything against the top 10 HWs... funny cos neither has JDS

Run
01-08-2012, 03:57 AM
I think JDS is the most fearsome hand to hand combatant I've seen in a very long time if ever to this point. Sure he needs more fights but he's to me like a robot that was put in hyperdrive.

Run
01-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Theres going to be some shocked faces on here when Alistair walks straight through Junior.

Let's bet points on that one then. Because I flat out don't see that **** happening. I think JDS is going to have little trouble in brutalizing Reem.

G A M E
01-08-2012, 07:40 AM
I think JDS is the most fearsome hand to hand combatant I've seen in a very long time if ever to this point. Sure he needs more fights but he's to me like a robot that was put in hyperdrive.

I dont, I give him a punchers chance.. thats all.

Virgil Caine
01-08-2012, 07:56 AM
They'll just jump off the JDS bandwagon and onto the Reem wagon.

I agree though, people are going to be surprised.

Of course JDS has a chance to win, but more likely Reem will destroy him.

Someone88
01-08-2012, 08:31 AM

Great AV Dos Santos is among my favourite fighters as well

Run
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM
They'll just jump off the JDS bandwagon and onto the Reem wagon.

I agree though, people are going to be surprised.

Of course JDS has a chance to win, but more likely Reem will destroy him.

Granted we all know MMA, but wtf is wrong with you guys

You remember what Liddell did to Reem?

Big BRICKS
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Granted we all know MMA, but wtf is wrong with you guys

You remember what Liddell did to Reem?

Not saying that this is an easy win for Overeem, but is it so hard of a concept to grasp that Overeem is obviously in his prime at heavyweight and his losses at 205lbs are a thing of the past?

Run
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Not saying that this is an easy win for Overeem, but is it so hard of a concept to grasp that Overeem is obviously in his prime at heavyweight and his losses at 205lbs are a thing of the past?

I realize that, but when was the last time you saw Overeem fight someone who is clearly as vicious as JDS is? And like I stated yes he's still green but I mean you see the speed/power/tenacity and that really doesn't bode well for someone who is accustomed to knocking out lethargic targets.

FRANKIE420
01-08-2012, 06:35 PM
roy nelson was tagging jds all nite long, with no leg kicks at all. reem will get the ko in 3 rounds.

Spray_resistant
01-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I realize that, but when was the last time you saw Overeem fight someone who is clearly as vicious as JDS is? And like I stated yes he's still green but I mean you see the speed/power/tenacity and that really doesn't bode well for someone who is accustomed to knocking out lethargic targets.

Which means we don't know as much about him and how he will react to different situations when in some real trouble or if he will hold up to Reem's strikes.

JDS may very well win but I am favoring Reem who is on a huge roll right now and has looked impressive lately.

Run
01-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Which means we don't know as much about him and how he will react to different situations when in some real trouble or if he will hold up to Reem's strikes.

JDS may very well win but I am favoring Reem who is on a huge roll right now and has looked impressive lately.

I will bet every single one of the meager 85 mil points in my account on JDS...........god damn it.

Spray_resistant
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I will bet every single one of the meager 85 mil points in my account on JDS...........god damn it.

I will take that bet if you want, is the fight made yet or are they still working that stuff out.

Mohammedini
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM

I followed Reems Kickboxiing career...
The guy got one of the easiest K-1 gp run.
It's a one night Tourney, so time for recovery is very little.

First the undersized Tyrone Spong, who almost won in a close fight, who also rocked Reem badly.
I mean Spong isn't known for his power even as a 165/181 lber.
Reem outweighed the guy by atleast 30 lbs and he still wobbled him and rocked him all over the place.
Hadn't it been for Reems KD in round 3 he would have lost that one.
Also Reem gassed early in the fight.

Then in his second fight he fought Gokhan Saki, Who is even smaller then Tyrone, the guy is like 5'10 210lbs vs a 6'5 255lbs (Reem cut weight before the tourney, he was probably 265 on fight night) had broken his elbow or arm in the fighter earlier against Gita(that was a brutal war).

Gokhan bravely went on and fought with his broken arm/elbow then reem kicked it and Gokhan couldn't fight anymore.

Then Reem fought the 40+ Peter Aerts in the finals, a legend and a warrior.
Aerts had been in a brutal war with Semmy Schilt(I almost cried when Aerts pulled off the victory), the 5 time K-1 gp winner.
Peter was very banged up, while Reem was fresh from the easy Gokhan fight.

Then Reem easily stopped Aerts who had nothing left in the gas tank.
There you go, Reems super impressive K-1 gp run.

Mohammedini
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Reem has a gas tank problem even at HW.
He also has a bad chin problem and mediocre defense.
He also reaches in to gain the muay thai clinch which leaves him open.

He Tko'd the bum Brett Rogers who barely won against the horrible bum "Warpath".

He barely beat Werdum and gassed badly in that fight, even got beaten on the feet by a striking novice like Werdum.

Mohammedini
01-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Then he beat a bumified version of Brock Lesner who wilts immediately by a little pressure and when his half a'ssed TD attempts get defended.

Just look at how he turtled up immediately against Shane Carwin after Carwin barely landed a uppercut.

Then we saw how easily Cain Velasquez TKo'd a Brock and how Brock ran after getting punched.

Brock Lesner himself was a complete hype job by the UFC, he sold massive amount of PPV so ofc you give him a Title shot against old **** Randy Couture with a glass jaw.
Brock had problems taking Randy down, a guy he outweighed by 50lbs and who was 15 years older.

Brock was a bum from the start
And the guy almost died twice from diverticulitis and had his parts of his intestines had been removed twice!

Then Reem knee'd and kicked Brocks stomach....
Brock, who has a dwarf heart from the start, gave up as many who had their intestine operated on twice.
WOW impressive win!

Where is this huge momentum you guys are talking about?

Jack3d
01-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Reem has a gas tank problem even at HW.
He also has a bad chin problem and mediocre defense.
He also reaches in to gain the muay thai clinch which leaves him open.

He Tko'd the bum Brett Rogers who barely won against the horrible bum "Warpath".

He barely beat Werdum and gassed badly in that fight, even got beaten on the feet by a striking novice like Werdum.

And Dos Santos doesn't have mediocre defense? Dos Santos is a more fluid puncher but from a technique standpoint, he pales in comparison to Overeem. He doesn't mix up his striking with kicks, and he throws the uppercut ad nauseaum. Combinations are very predictable and his overall approach in fights is pretty reckless. Not to mention he hasn't exactly fought anyone with a respectable striking pedigree.

Unlike Werdum, Dos Santos isn't going to be looking to take him down in this fight, so I don't think Overeem would be wary or timid to strike with him like he was in the Werdum fight.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Overeem tries to muscle Dos Santos to the ground and beat him up there. His ground game is underrated he has good subs and he can do damage from top position.

And lol @ you suggesting that diverticulitis was a factor in Overeem winning the fight because he kicked Brock in the Liver.

Diverticulitis doesn't weaken you ability to take body shots.

Also I don't see how the momentum for JDS is any better.

Here is a guy who is beating up on a few washed-up bums like Yvel and a handful of one dimensional grapplers who don't have the striking to compete standing or the wrestling to avoid it. Then his last impressive win was over a guy who came off a year long layoff from shoulder surgery and threw one sloppy punch to the back of the head.

Yes much more impressive

Money Shot
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah, yeah, but Barnett would surely cream Mr Reem and Dos Santos on the same night. :bounce:

kaps
01-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Barnett might secretly be the best HW in the world....

Jack3d
01-10-2012, 07:49 PM

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but Barnett is definitely an elite HW and much better than some people will acknowledge

monaroCountry
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Barnett is definitely ahead of JDS and Overeem. He is a very well rounded guy.

Mohammedini
01-11-2012, 02:27 PM
And Dos Santos doesn't have mediocre defense? Dos Santos is a more fluid puncher but from a technique standpoint, he pales in comparison to Overeem. He doesn't mix up his striking with kicks, and he throws the uppercut ad nauseaum. Combinations are very predictable and his overall approach in fights is pretty reckless. Not to mention he hasn't exactly fought anyone with a respectable striking pedigree.

Unlike Werdum, Dos Santos isn't going to be looking to take him down in this fight, so I don't think Overeem would be wary or timid to strike with him like he was in the Werdum fight.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Overeem tries to muscle Dos Santos to the ground and beat him up there. His ground game is underrated he has good subs and he can do damage from top position.

And lol @ you suggesting that diverticulitis was a factor in Overeem winning the fight because he kicked Brock in the Liver.

Diverticulitis doesn't weaken you ability to take body shots.

Also I don't see how the momentum for JDS is any better.

Here is a guy who is beating up on a few washed-up bums like Yvel and a handful of one dimensional grapplers who don't have the striking to compete standing or the wrestling to avoid it. Then his last impressive win was over a guy who came off a year long layoff from shoulder surgery and threw one sloppy punch to the back of the head.

Yes much more impressive
Reems best win in mma as a HW is Brock Lesner.....

JDS is coming his KTFO of Cain Velasquez, #1 in the world and he Dominated Shane Carwin, He brutally knocked Werdum out of the UFC when Werdum was in line for a Title shot(he had JDS then he would have gotten the title shot).

The guy hasn't lost a single round in the UFC and out of his 7 wins in the UFC he finished 5.

You seem to have a bias towards Roid heads :rofl:.

Jack3d
01-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Reems best win in mma as a HW is Brock Lesner.....

In your mind maybe. But Werdum and Brett Rodgers at the time they were beaten by Overeem were both top 10 ranked heavyweights. Fact

JDS is coming his KTFO of Cain Velasquez, #1 in the world

Funny how you knock Overeem for beating up a "bumified" version of Brock Lesnar, yet give full credit to JDS for beating Cain Velasquez after he came off rotator cuff surgery that had him out of the cage for over a year.

The fight didn't last long enough to derive anything from it. And it's not like JDS won that fight by necessarily being the superior fighter. He landed a fluke punch to the back of the head.

and he Dominated Shane Carwin

Is that supposed to be impressive? Brock beat Shane Carwin too. Carwin was a human target with horrible stand-up and average wrestling, Yet JDS couldn't finish him.

He brutally knocked Werdum out of the UFC when Werdum was in line for a Title shot(he had JDS then he would have gotten the title shot).

While that was a good win, I don't think Werdum really took it seriously and JDS didn't knock him out of the UFC, Werdum left because of contract negotiations IIRC.

And Werdum was ranked much higher when Overeem beat him.

The guy hasn't lost a single round in the UFC and out of his 7 wins in the UFC he finished 5.

You could knock JDS' opponents just as easily.

Gonzaga was a flash in the pan and a bum and he retired immediately after the fight with JDS.

Yvel is bum.

Cro Cop is washed up.

Stefan Struve is tough but will never amount to anything in the HW divison.

I'm not sure how you can insult Overeem for not fighting anybody when you look at JDS' record.

You seem to have a bias towards Roid heads :rofl:.

Considering Overeem has yet to test positive, amid rigorous testing, I'm not sure he's a roid head, nor does he deserve to be called one.

But you have a clear bias towards JDS.

kaps
01-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but Barnett is definitely an elite HW and much better than some people will acknowledge

Not Sarcasm, I rank him pretty high....

F l i c k e r
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM

with or without the roids?

shadeyfizzle
01-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Sergei is and was a better boxer than JDS, there is really no argument about it.

What convinces you that JDS has a granite chin? Who has really tested his chin? When has he been solidly cracked in the chin and by whom?

I have no real ill will against JDS, but he's turning into the flavor of the month.

The only thing he really does well is throw his hands, particularly his right.

Overeem's left hook will probably land first if they throw at the same time.

Overeem has better stand up overall, and he also has good kicks and knees. Overeem has also shown better submission skills in his career (though this is yet another area in which JDS is untested). And, JDS is not taking Overeem down.

Overeem will destroy JDS. I'm thinking a first round knockout is a likely scenario.
This right here. Im more looking forward to reem vs barnett than reem vs jds.

Someone88
01-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Barnett is definitely ahead of JDS and Overeem. He is a very well rounded guy.

Dos Santos would beat Barnett

Mohammedini
01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Even his own countryman Bas Rutten (who is a known Reemtard) says Reem is getting KTFO by Dos Santos

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/22/2725231/bas-rutten-says-alistair-overeem-has-a-glass-jaw-will-lose-to-junior

I'm having a laugh at people actually thinking Reem will walk through Dos Santos.
Its the other way around dummies.
As I said Reem had problems striking with WERDUM!?!?!?!?!?!
WTF do you think JDS will do to him?

He always leaves his chin open when he goes for that clinch.
The guy really reaches for it and if he does that once against JDS, he will be put to sleep, no doubt about that.

Jack3d
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Even his own countryman Bas Rutten (who is a known Reemtard) says Reem is getting KTFO by Dos Santos

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/22/2725231/bas-rutten-says-alistair-overeem-has-a-glass-jaw-will-lose-to-junior

I'm having a laugh at people actually thinking Reem will walk through Dos Santos.
Its the other way around dummies.
As I said Reem had problems striking with WERDUM!?!?!?!?!?!
WTF do you think JDS will do to him?

He always leaves his chin open when he goes for that clinch.
The guy really reaches for it and if he does that once against JDS, he will be put to sleep, no doubt about that.

Bas was a REEM nuthugger. Ever since he left GG, Bas has been taking shots at him whenever he can.

Bas is an idiot anyway. He rarely makes any sense when he tries to explain things, like you.

lol @ saying "even Liddell knocked him out" like Chuck Liddell is feather fisted.

Bas was a good fighter, but an intelligent analyst he is not.

Anderson had problems striking with Chael Sonnen. What do you think Vitor Belfort would do to him....????

Oh Wait. Idiot