View Full Version : boxing contest

JAB5239
01-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Ok, an essay contest on the best fighter from your nationality or heritage it is. It can be as long or as short as you want. No plagiarism please, this is on your honor.

This will be open to history section regulars only. If you're not a regular and would like to get in please PM me.

Contest starts now. The word contest must be in your thread title so the thread is easily distinguished from others.

joseph5620
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I need some ideas for a new boxing contest. I spoke to Tim Horton yesterday and he is still willing to pledge a copy of "Roar of the crowd" to the winner and I'll throw 5 billion points in. I'd like the contest to be shorter than past contests...does anyone have any ideas?

How about a boxing picks contest that Scott used to do?

JAB5239
01-03-2012, 05:33 PM
How about a boxing picks contest that Scott used to do?

That is an idea I may like to use in the future for certain members of this section, but I'd like something that brings a little traffic with it yet not so difficult to take care of. Maybe an essay contest?

BigStereotype
01-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Why not an essay about the best fighter from your own nationality/heritage?

Barn
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Why not an essay about the best fighter from your own nationality/heritage?
Bags Benny Lynch.

BigStereotype
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Bags Benny Lynch.

That's the spirit.

NChristo
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I think the answer is in the title, we should have a boxing contest.
Fight 1 should be me and Barn.

I'm in for the essay contest but I'm not sure how well it will turn out given the last one, although the reward is 500x better so it should be good.

New England
01-03-2012, 09:37 PM

I'm in for the essay contest but I'm not sure how well it will turn out given the last one, although the reward is 500x better so it should be good.

thats what i thought we were talking about, brother

fisticuffs

if we've got any artists out there i'd love to see some of what you guys have got

burner i know you make and edit videos, certainly art in its own right.

Barn
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM

the others in usa can probably smell the bad blood coming from blackpool right now.

Barn
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
nc you do realise what you're getting yourself into, i've been watching a lot of Marty Cutler recently. Focussing on perfecting his overhand right which can be seen at 0:23.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PD2zcUHnqZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NChristo
01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
nc you do realise what you're getting yourself into, i've been watching a lot of Marty Cutler recently. Focussing on perfecting his overhand right which can be seen at 0:23.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PD2zcUHnqZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Barn my old nemesis, I think you're the one who don't understand the situation, no one has perfected that move for a 100 years !, you're wasting your time, even if you did manage too pull of a maneuver half of that caliber it couldn't hurt my Adonis-esque body with your feeble Scottish blood.
Dats right son, I ain't ever gon let Scotsman beat me !.

the others in usa can probably smell the bad blood coming from blackpool right now.
Probably not the only thing they can smell coming from Blackpool.

Barn
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Barn my old nemesis, I think you're the one who don't understand the situation, no one has perfected that move for a 100 years !, you're wasting your time, even if you did manage too pull of a maneuver half of that caliber it couldn't hurt Adonis-esque body with your feeble Scottish blood.

:lol1:

paha you may win the boxing match with some crooked judges but you still wont win the war. i've been receiving private lessons on breaking bottles and pool cues over peoples heads from scotlands own scott harrison.

and as for your second last comment, you're going to have to.

Barn
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Barn my old nemesis, I think you're the one who don't understand the situation, no one has perfected that move for a 100 years !, you're wasting your time, even if you did manage too pull of a maneuver half of that caliber it couldn't hurt Adonis-esque body with your feeble Scottish blood.

Here's one instance when an Englishmen dared to cross a Scotsman.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gjnRoYPMMDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JAB5239
01-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Ok, an essay contest on the best fighter from your nationality or heritage it is. It can be as long or as short as you want. No plagiarism please, this is on your honor.

This will be open to history section regulars only. If you're not a regular and would like to get in please PM me.

Contest starts now. The word contest must be in your thread title so the thread is easily distinguished from others.

Barn
01-04-2012, 12:05 PM

Sounds good JAB!

Are you not changing your avatar back?

NChristo
01-04-2012, 12:11 PM

Anton Christoforidis it is then. :crying:

NChristo
01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Jab it would probably be better if you edited your OP to have contest details and I'll throw 15 Bill in, give 5 Bill too the top 4 if we get enough ?, or some other kind of system similar too it so runners up get something.

Barn
01-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Jab it would probably be better if you put edited your OP to have contest details and I'll throw 15 Bill in, give 5 Bill too the top 4 if we get enough ?, or some other kind of system similar too it so runners up get something.
Sticking to Scottish stereotypes I'm being a miserable bastard and donating no points.

Joking of course, take what you want.

NChristo
01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
<You needn't had said anything, most of us already know what a miserable tight fisted twat you are.>

Good on ya Barn !.

JAB5239
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Jab it would probably be better if you edited your OP to have contest details and I'll throw 15 Bill in, give 5 Bill too the top 4 if we get enough ?, or some other kind of system similar too it so runners up get something.

Good call. I'll match you 15 billion . If anyone else would like to kick in and sweeten the pot, feel free.

Barn
01-04-2012, 12:55 PM
<You needn't had said anything, most of us already know what a miserable tight fisted twat you are.>

Good on ya Barn !.
I'm interested as to why that's edited. :lol1:

DarkTerror88
01-04-2012, 01:22 PM

I would hate to have to kill you guys. But if any of you think you can turn that 0 into a 1 is my guest to try. :)

Barn
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I would hate to have to kill you guys. But if any of you think you can turn that 0 into a 1 is my guest to try. :)
I'll thumb you in both eyes, then see where I go from there.

JAB5239
01-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Good on ya Barn !.

I'm interested as to why that's edited. :lol1:

I know but I can't tell you, son. ;)

Barn
01-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Man I've got myself in a state from laughing.

"You must spread some reputation around..."

GJC
01-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I'll thumb you in both eyes, then see where I go from there.
A Smoking Joe protege v a Scotsman, I gotta say forget the essay let's have the fight :)
Benny Lynch be a good subject can't recall anything on here about him.

Barn
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM
A Smoking Joe protege v a Scotsman, I gotta say forget the essay let's have the fight :)
Benny Lynch be a good subject can't recall anything on here about him.
If I bring some Scottish fans along it'll be the only fight where the crowd fail a drugs test.

NChristo
01-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Probably for the best :lol1:, although I'm not sure how he missed it.

Barn
01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Probably for the best :lol1:, although I'm not sure how he missed it.
"Cough up you grumpy Scottish cunt."

DarkTerror88
01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
well im 21 and 0 but well see if that changes on friday (doubt it all the people in my area suck terribly. Id get a bigger challenge by digging up the body of some old ATG and fighting that):boxing::boxing:

where should i make my plane tickets for :lol1:

Barn
01-04-2012, 09:35 PM
well im 21 and 0 but well see if that changes on friday (doubt it all the people in my area suck terribly. Id get a bigger challenge by digging up the body of some old ATG and fighting that):boxing::boxing:

****ing Hell you were 7-0 like 3 months ago.

Good luck man.

NChristo
01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
"Cough up you grumpy Scottish cunt."

Not quite :lol1:.

Your record is obviously padded with Scottish bums.

Gonna get started on the essay now, actually looking forward too it seeing as I don't know all that much about Christoforidis but now I've got a reason too keep me interested and research him properly.

DarkTerror88
01-04-2012, 09:49 PM
****ing Hell you were 7-0 like 3 months ago.

Good luck man.

Gotta pay the bills i fight at clubs and shows and such almost once every week. I have actually beaten every professional fighter in my weight class in my area. Time to move up. lol

Barn
01-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Not quite :lol1:.

You're record is obviously padded with Scottish bums.

Gonna get started on the essay now, actually looking forward too it seeing as I don't know all that much about Christoforidis but now I've got a reason too keep me interested and research him properly.

This isn't over. It never will be. Happen to be born with traditional Scots stubborn prick syndrome as well.

Barn
01-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Just boxrec'd him, he beat Bivins and Brouillard!

NChristo
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow you really aren't pulling any punches are you.

Preston North End ?, you absolute scummy cunt.

This calls for war Barn, you've crossed the line.

Barn
01-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Wow you really aren't pulling any punches are you.

Preston North End ?, you absolute scummy cunt.

This calls for war Barn, you've crossed the line.
:lol1: Do your worst.

DarkTerror88
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
you guys are gonna war like Lyle and Shavers haha

NChristo
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
:lol1: Do your worst.

Tomorrow, need time too plan and sleep.

Also I think we've unintentionally ruined quite an important thread :lol1:.

Barn
01-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Tomorrow, need time too plan and sleep.

Also I think we've unintentionally ruined quite an important thread :lol1:.
Looking back yes we have... :lol1:

I'm going to be working through the night, already got the siggy done. :D

New England
01-04-2012, 10:18 PM

you are 21 and 0 as a professional?

JAB5239
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM

Anybody gonna get this contest started or what?

New England
01-06-2012, 08:11 PM
why is barnburner banned from the site?

NChristo
01-06-2012, 10:01 PM
why is barnburner banned from the site?
Probably got caught doing drugs, you know how the Scots are, also preaching the word of PNE is blasphemy and should be treated as such.

All seriousness I don't have a clue, couldn't see him doing anything wrong.

Anybody gonna get this contest started or what?
Working on it, gotta put in the hours if we want too win. :boxing:

Are you participating Jab ?

Barn
01-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Probably got caught doing drugs, you know how the Scots are, also preaching the word of PNE is blasphemy and should be treated as such.

You couldn't resist, could you? :lol1:

But in all seriousness since I'm Scottish my 2 hobbies are boxingscene and heroin so I had to up the dose during the ban.

Kid McCoy
01-07-2012, 02:40 PM

But in all seriousness since I'm Scottish my 2 hobbies are boxingscene and heroin so I had to up the dose during the ban.

What happened to Irn Bru and deep fried mars bars?! The heroin is probably healthier! ;)

Barn
01-07-2012, 02:45 PM
What happened to Irn Bru and deep fried mars bars?! The heroin is probably healthier! ;)
:lol1: Wouldn't be surprised.

Not big on deep fried chocolate myself, too messy. However Irn Bru is a fantastic drink.

DarkTerror88
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
you are 21 and 0 as a professional?

I wouldnt call it a professional. I mean i am a licensed pro and i am a club fighter. But i the fact of my poor opposition leaves that mark of 0 as not impressive at all.

SBleeder
01-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I wouldnt call it a professional. I mean i am a licensed pro and i am a club fighter. But i the fact of my poor opposition leaves that mark of 0 as not impressive at all.

More impressive than Sven Ottke IMO.

The_Demon
01-07-2012, 08:53 PM
More impressive than Sven Ottke IMO.

Probably travels more

NChristo
01-07-2012, 10:58 PM

It was either that or you was playing your bag pipes too loud again.

Barn
01-08-2012, 08:18 AM
It was either that or you was playing your bag pipes too loud again.
Reported for racism. :D

NChristo
01-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Reported for racism. :D

Doing drugs is okay but the bag pipes are a step too far :lol1:, tbh with the way the mods are atm I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet.