View Full Version : Joe Calzaghe

bubba1
09-19-2004, 05:17 AM
where does he go from here? Maybe a fight against Hopkins? Tarver?

Sir_Jose
09-19-2004, 05:32 AM
are you kidding?

Frank Warren will never let Joe from up under his skirt and fight someone with a pulse.He'll stay in Europe and fgight tomato cans for as long as he can and his fans will continue to wonder why he gets no respect.

Hopkins and Tarver beat him very badly by the way

Ranger2408
09-19-2004, 07:40 AM
no i think hopkins will get battered by Calzaghe, at least Calzaghe can be a middleweight rather then a blown up welterweight

Sir_Jose
09-19-2004, 04:21 PM
haha

are you kidding me?

mic573
09-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Really I see Calzaghe given Hopkins a little trouble but Bernard will prevail in the end. He's too skilled for Calzaghe and he's had alot more experience than Joe.

Ranger2408
09-19-2004, 04:51 PM
haha

are you kidding me?
Nard sucks, he fights Blown up welterweights when has he ever fought a truly talented and valid Middleweight?

neils7147933
09-19-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't believe Calzaghe has any intention of fighting anyone Americans view as credible. If he did, he would have had a major fight sometime within the last 3 years.

Anyone see his fight with Byron Mitchell where Mitchell floored him? By the end of the round, Calzaghe made eye contact with the referee and the ref stopped the fight. Mind you, Mitchell had not gone down in the round and Calzaghe had!

When you have to fix a fight against a fighter who's not a Top contender, you have no chance against Hopkins.

Even the Showtime announcers seemed pissed, and Calzaghe hasn't been on the network since.

Sir_Jose
09-19-2004, 04:58 PM
are you from Europe?

Bernard Hopkins has taken apart every middle weight who was any good for the last 10 years and the two best welterwights of the era. Joppy, Holmes, Echols2x, Johnson, Tito, DLH. All are better than anyone Joe Calzaghe has ever fought.

you want to tell me what Joe Calzaghe has done that is so great? besides hide in Europe and piss his pants at the thought of fighting someone with a pulse.

Ranger2408
09-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Mitchell did go down, he almost flew through the ropes and he was getting hammered from pillar to post and could not defend himself

neils7147933
09-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Mitchell would have escaped the round. He wasn't that hurt. If you stop the fight there, you ought to stop the fight when Calzaghe was laid out.

A little hometown refereeing, in my opinion.

Sir_Jose
09-19-2004, 05:03 PM
dont forget about when Calzaghe was rocked by Omar Shieka

realheavyhands
09-19-2004, 05:04 PM
no way mitchell was fine i watched the fight maybe 10 times ..it was fixed no doubt..

neils7147933
09-19-2004, 05:10 PM
It's pretty bad that Showtime is efforting to become the "#1 Boxing Network", signing guys like Cory Spinks and Wladimir Klitschko and even Lamon Brewster, but letting guys like Calzaghe, Hatton, and Audley Harrison go unseen on American TV. Undefeated guys that Showtime could call theirs, like HBO calls De La Hoya, Roy Jones, and Arturo Gatti theirs.

Must be a sign that even the guys who were hyping Calzaghe and Hatton as top propects don't buy that they are for real.

J !
09-20-2004, 09:20 AM
no i think hopkins will get battered by Calzaghe, at least Calzaghe can be a middleweight rather then a blown up welterweight

are you quite mad?

first off how the heck is JC ever gonna make middle? He is struggling to make super middle hence him supposedly going up in weight to fight Johnson, then he blew that cos he was following hsi little head and chasing pretty blonds about then getting drunk and annoying his ex wife.

Jc has no ambition, Im afraid his career is one of ifs and buts and maybes, and Im from england so there's no regional bias here.

Thats the truth, guy has been bleating on about he wants more recognition, well Joe thats earned not given, and fighting guys who get beat by the likes of Viet whom you Ko'd in one, is not gonna get you recognition.

Also he says he is scared of flying, well he made it ringside to de la hoya mosely, went training in sardinia, how did he get there swim????

sorry but the time for talk is over where JC is concerned. More to the point, no one listens anytmore, we have heard it.

Sad thing is hatton is going down the same route., I just hope he has more balls than Joe and steps up to the plate.

Shame JC had it all but really blew his chance with messing Glengoffe about. :rolleyes:

mr. bojangles
09-23-2004, 12:17 AM
are you quite mad?

first off how the heck is JC ever gonna make middle? He is struggling to make super middle hence him supposedly going up in weight to fight Johnson, then he blew that cos he was following hsi little head and chasing pretty blonds about then getting drunk and annoying his ex wife.

Jc has no ambition, Im afraid his career is one of ifs and buts and maybes, and Im from england so there's no regional bias here.

Thats the truth, guy has been bleating on about he wants more recognition, well Joe thats earned not given, and fighting guys who get beat by the likes of Viet whom you Ko'd in one, is not gonna get you recognition.

Also he says he is scared of flying, well he made it ringside to de la hoya mosely, went training in sardinia, how did he get there swim????

sorry but the time for talk is over where JC is concerned. More to the point, no one listens anytmore, we have heard it.

Sad thing is hatton is going down the same route., I just hope he has more balls than Joe and steps up to the plate.

Shame JC had it all but really blew his chance with messing Glengoffe about. :rolleyes:

Calzaghe's fight with Mitchell was entertaining though and showed a tough fighting heart...he got up and got even. I'd have to agree with you though that he needs to really step up to the plate and fight Tarver. otherwise, he is what you think he is. ;)

PacKillsMorales
09-23-2004, 05:28 AM
I don't believe Calzaghe has any intention of fighting anyone Americans view as credible. If he did, he would have had a major fight sometime within the last 3 years.

Anyone see his fight with Byron Mitchell where Mitchell floored him? By the end of the round, Calzaghe made eye contact with the referee and the ref stopped the fight. Mind you, Mitchell had not gone down in the round and Calzaghe had!

When you have to fix a fight against a fighter who's not a Top contender, you have no chance against Hopkins.

Even the Showtime announcers seemed pissed, and Calzaghe hasn't been on the network since.

just curious what fight you watched...calzaghe gets floored then gets up and floors mitchell who also gets a count then calzaghe pounds him badly till the ref stops it..the round never ends..

bigbadbri
09-23-2004, 05:56 AM
Bernard Hopkins hasn't got the bottle to step up to Super-Middle and take on Calzaghe, he hasn't even got the bottle to take on Howard Eastman who has been calling him out for a couple of years . Calzaghe's best chance is to step up to Light-Heavy and hope for a chance at Tarver, but i don't think Frank Warren is a good enough promoter to make that fight.

J !
09-23-2004, 06:44 AM
haha erm well if Joe had kept his **** in his pocket he would have fought for the title in June, bogus back injury what a load of ****.

He might have done it shaggin but it sure werent anything to do with a boxing injury.

Do you honestly think that Hopkins is scared of Eastman come on mate, Im english and even I cant be that biased.

To be perfectly honest, Joe had his chance to make his name at light heavy, against Glencoffe but but blew it, not once but twice.

You might swallow the horse**** but I dont. No offence but to state Hopkins is scared of JC or Eastman is a joke.

number6
09-23-2004, 07:07 AM
JC's lack of ambition is almost unreal.For his next
superfight he will be facing kabary salem,who lost
his last fight to mario veit.The same mario veit that
was ko'd in 1 by calzaghe.What a joke.

PacKillsMorales
09-23-2004, 07:51 AM

well i dont know how you feel about the welsh but personally as an englishman i definately have regional bias. if joe wasnt welsh he wouldnt have that pesky inferiority complex and would of stepped up by now.

On the 9th october 2004 the welsh are gonna get taught a severe footballing lesson by the founders of the sport .... long live football , long live the queen

J !
09-23-2004, 08:24 AM
hey easy dude i love the welsh two of best mates are welsh.

anthetamine
09-23-2004, 08:39 AM
there is nothing wrong with the welsh.... apart from the way they talk, lack of footballing skills, there liking of sheep

however, i dont think calzaghe is getting the credit he deserves, i believe he wants to fight the best out there but is getting held back by maloney, just like harrison

J !
09-23-2004, 08:54 AM
warren not maloney, thats not true, warren got him the Johnson fight Calzaghe ****ed it up no to blame but himself! Honest! :cool:

jabsRstiff
09-23-2004, 10:14 AM
Joe Calzaghe.....

What a boring, useless, ambitionless, gutless, so-called "champion" this guy has been.

Only geographically loyal folk support this turd.

How long has he been a "titlist" ? Too long.

J !
09-23-2004, 11:02 AM
he is worthy of the belt he holds the wbo. nuff said.

AJ53
09-23-2004, 09:14 PM
but hokins has never fought anybody above his original weight class,they move up hopkins stays thin put wise.
if he fought somebody like calzaghe or roy jones jr again the advantage to the other fighter would be too much, he would crumble ala de le la hoya.
hopkins is great at the weight but all fighters have to progress in the weights or they just dont prove themselves.
10 years ago rjjr beat hopkins at middle now roy is lightheavy come heavy while bernard is still a middle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bernard will get his 20th defense as a bully, calzaghes to quick and roy's just too good.

Tha Greatest
09-23-2004, 09:42 PM
hopkins is finally starting to fight some real fighters

J !
09-24-2004, 08:34 AM
hopkins stainyg at middle is exactly why I like him so much, never misses a day training, walks around 2 llbs over figthing weight, model pro, I dont like all this unnecessary wieght hopping, fine if you out grow the weight, but to do it for the sake of it is bollox, was RJJ the best heavyweight out there cos he beat Ruiz, no, was he the real world champ no, did he go round calling out all the top heavies and mouthing off, yes, was it a load of bollox yes.
sorry to pick on Roy but thats the example that springs to mind.

Im a bit old fashioned when it comes to all this, fight at your natural weight unless you outgrow it.

elveiel
09-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Calzaghe hurt Mitchell, I would have let the fight go on a little longer but the ref didnt want Mitchell to get seriously hurt.

The ref was obviously correct not to stop the fight when Calzaghe went down! Did you see what Calzaghe did to Mitchell when he got up??

Calzaghe is good/strong enough to beat Nard and Tarver.

Nard is a better boxer than Calzaghe but Calzaghe is a big, strong, fast super middle who could give anyone trouble. I'd give Calzaghe a 55/45 chance of beating Nard!

Tarver!?!? I cant think of one advantage Tarver will have over Calzaghe! I'd give Tarver a punchers chance.

Ranger2408
09-25-2004, 06:07 PM
I give up on Joe to be honest, i give up on them all Warren sucks and they aint going nowhere

scap
09-28-2004, 04:24 PM
CAlzaghe got right up and started bombing a way again. I think Calzaghe is tailor made to beat Nard. Hes bigger, he hits a lot harder, his hand speed is awesome for a white kid and he has a great chin. Byron Mitchel hits a lot harder than Hopkins does. Take a look at Joe's fight with Brewer, nobody in their right mind fights Charles Brewer the way Joe did. Toe to toe, Echols(horrible stoppage)couldn't stand in front of Brewer for 10 seconds without geting rocked let alone 12 rounds like jc did! You have to love Joe because he will never be in a bad fight, he gets cracked once and he throws everything out the window and starts brawling, hopkins is a lot older and he states himself that the reason he doesn't fight like he used to is because he can't, Joe would at the very least give him the fight of his life, remember Hopkins turned down a deal that would have lead to Calzaghe, this would be a great fight, one that I would die to see.

mr. bojangles
09-30-2004, 05:03 AM
CAlzaghe got right up and started bombing a way again. I think Calzaghe is tailor made to beat Nard. Hes bigger, he hits a lot harder, his hand speed is awesome for a white kid and he has a great chin. Byron Mitchel hits a lot harder than Hopkins does. Take a look at Joe's fight with Brewer, nobody in their right mind fights Charles Brewer the way Joe did. Toe to toe, Echols(horrible stoppage)couldn't stand in front of Brewer for 10 seconds without geting rocked let alone 12 rounds like jc did! You have to love Joe because he will never be in a bad fight, he gets cracked once and he throws everything out the window and starts brawling, hopkins is a lot older and he states himself that the reason he doesn't fight like he used to is because he can't, Joe would at the very least give him the fight of his life, remember Hopkins turned down a deal that would have lead to Calzaghe, this would be a great fight, one that I would die to see.

Yeah, bar brawl that's what Joe Calzaghe brings. Always entertaining to see him fight. Saw that scrap with Mitchell, he got KD'd with a counter and he got up and got even. He can crack B Hop alright, he's naturally bigger duh? He's got bigger fish to fry. Let Joe take on Tarver instead as previously proposed/scheduled(?) and then Roy Jones Jr. if he ever decides to continue. Bottomline is, he should cross the Atlantic and fight the bad boys.

J !
09-30-2004, 05:37 AM
he should have done that two years ago. :eek: :rolleyes:

scap
09-30-2004, 03:35 PM
agree, agree, agree-nobody is more dissappointed with the Joe Calzaghe match making than me, Im dissappointed because I think the guy can fight, thats why Im pissed, he would give anyone around him the fight of there life, either your getting ****ed up with Joe or he's getting ****ed up, there no dull boring **** with any Calzaghe fight. He's not a paul spadafora or ricky hatton, these guys fight soft opposition because they aren't truly world class, Calzaghe is yet he has chosen to let his ****** UK management ruin quite possibly his best years in the sport-he will have a big fight, there no doubt in the next couple years and he should be well rested...I think Tarver is great for boxing he nows how to promote a fight but I would love to see him flat on his ass from a Joe Calzaghe left hand...or a right I would care either way. And all this coming from a guy that hates 90% of the UK fighters!

realheavyhands
09-30-2004, 03:41 PM
calzage is a coward and his fights are fixed.. glenn johnson woulda wooped his ass too

elveiel
09-30-2004, 04:33 PM
calzage is a coward and his fights are fixed.. glenn johnson woulda wooped his ass too

WTF!!

Calzaghe would whip Glenn Johnson, he would whip him so bad i'd feel sorry for him.

Calzaghe wasnt a coward when Johnson backed out of the fight, he wasnt a coward when Hopkins and Tarver asked for too much money to avoid him. Who at super-middle could beat him?

realheavyhands
09-30-2004, 07:33 PM
johnson had the fight signed calzage backed out its on **********,com check it out

elveiel
09-30-2004, 09:00 PM
johnson had the fight signed calzage backed out its on **********,com check it out

Calzaghe got injured and arrested, Johnson signed a contract saying he would still fight if it was postponed a month. Calzaghe was willing to take the fight within the agreed time but Johnson decided to take the jones fight instead(cant blame him $$$$$).

realheavyhands
09-30-2004, 09:06 PM
well bull**** cuz im sick of calzage fight bums .. only fighter he really fought was mitchell and the fight was fixed,until he fights somebody with some credentials he is just the best of the bums

realheavyhands
09-30-2004, 09:19 PM
calzage is not nowhere near as big as nard... he aint in bad shap but compared to nard he is fat.. nard is the best conditioned fighter in the world and calzge gets tired

elveiel
09-30-2004, 09:35 PM
well bull**** cuz im sick of calzage fight bums .. only fighter he really fought was mitchell and the fight was fixed,until he fights somebody with some credentials he is just the best of the bums

Name one super middle weight who Calzaghe needs to beat? Who's his big fight? Who's worth going to America for?

Joe too big to make Middleweight so he cant go down to beat Hopkins, Hopkins will never go up to Super middle while Calzaghe is number 1.

Tarver wants more money than he's worth(avoiding Calzaghe)

Johnson is a easy nights work for Calzaghe and he knows it.

Nobody else is worth moving to light heavy for.

I dont really like Calzaghe but he has the ability to beat anyone from middle to cruiser.

elveiel
09-30-2004, 09:41 PM
calzage is not nowhere near as big as nard... he aint in bad shap but compared to nard he is fat.. nard is the best conditioned fighter in the world and calzge gets tired

Calzaghe struggles to make super middle, he hasnt got a ounce of fat on him. Hopkins could make light middle if he wanted. Its nothing to do with condition, Joe just naturally bigger.

If Nard fought every round like Calzaghe did he'd be tired by the sixth round!! His condition is brilliant for his age but Calzaghe fight at a much higher tempo.

slickhook
03-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Fight still not made
BHop did fade
Joe will not go
And I will get laid