View Full Version : JDS opens as a 2:1 favorite over Overeem...

kaps
12-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Although he's had over 60 professional MMA or K-1 bouts, Alistair Overeem was mostly unknown to the casual UFC fan before UFC 141. He had fought in Pride, Strikeforce, amongst other promotions, but pundits say until you prove yourself in the octagon, you haven't proven yourself one of the best in the world.

With this win over Brock Lesnar last night at UFC 141, not only did Alistair Overeem prove that he belonged in the UFC, but he also earned a shot at the UFC Heavyweight title currently owned by Junior Dos Santos. The two are expected to square off early in the 2nd quarter of 2012 and oddsmaker's have already labeled Overeem an underdog despite his quick win over Lesnar.

Alistair Overem: +170

Junior dos Santos: -220

Sauce = UG

Kenny MF Powers
12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I felt the same way looking at Junior last night as I did looking at Brock.

Poor guy... Doesnt know whats coming yet...

dough401
12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Sauce = UG

Gonna be good I happen to be a long time JDS fan so I gotta stick with my boy all the way on this one. Not sure what UG is>?

Kenny MF Powers
12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Gonna be good I happen to be a long time JDS fan so I gotta stick with my boy all the way on this one. Not sure what UG is>?
http://www.womensuggsonsale.com/images/uggs-on-sale-5991-03.jpg

F l i c k e r
12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
lol, oh well. Make some gwap from that fight then. Ubereem will beat him as well.

dough401
12-31-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.womensuggsonsale.com/images/uggs-on-sale-5991-03.jpg

My bad should've know better what a dumb mistake. As for Overeem beating down JDS dont get all crazy just because Brockk caught a beaten we all know Brock aint sh1t!

kaps
12-31-2011, 04:14 PM

The Underground (www.mma.tv/TUF)

kaps
12-31-2011, 04:14 PM
If you're going to bet I'd bet early, I'm sure the odds will get closer as the fight nears....

dough401
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
If you're going to bet I'd bet early, I'm sure the odds will get closer as the fight nears....

Im sure I will as you can see I bet on Overeem sh1t I think that was back in Oct. when we first about the fight and ill do the same with JDS Its all good to me.

Check_hooks
12-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Any JDS fan want to give me +170 odds? I'm ready to do a max bet on REEM

dough401
12-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Any JDS fan want to give me +170 odds? I'm ready to do a max bet on REEM

We both know its gonna end up almost even with all the NEW Overeem fans so if you wanna just get it over with now I got 200mil 1:1

BKM-2010
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
I felt the same way looking at Junior last night as I did looking at Brock.

Poor guy... Doesnt know whats coming yet...

Oh believe me don't feel sorry for Junior. Brock was scared and had shown very obvious weaknesses before he was stopped by Reem. Junior has never been hurt and he has zero fear in his heart. I think that if Overeem does beat Cigano, it's not going to be a beatdown, it will most likely be a UD. If Overeem loses it will most likely be by brutal stoppage, like almost all of his losses.

Big BRICKS
12-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Oh believe me don't feel sorry for Junior. Brock was scared and had shown very obvious weaknesses before he was stopped by Reem. Junior has never been hurt and he has zero fear in his heart. I think that if Overeem does beat Cigano, it's not going to be a beatdown, it will most likely be a UD. If Overeem loses it will most likely be by brutal stoppage, like almost all of his losses.

I don't think so. I think JDS' only advantage is his heart and chin. Overeem is brutal in the first couple of rounds, especially with a guy like Cigano who openly admits that he doesn't like taking fights to the ground. Dos Santos has some nice hands but what can you do when Reem blasts one of those tree trunk legs at you, what can you really do?

Dice
12-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Cigano is gonna blast the reem speed kills and jds has power and technique to boot

BKM-2010
12-31-2011, 07:34 PM
I don't think so. I think JDS' only advantage is his heart and chin. Overeem is brutal in the first couple of rounds, especially with a guy like Cigano who openly admits that he doesn't like taking fights to the ground. Dos Santos has some nice hands but what can you do when Reem blasts one of those tree trunk legs at you, what can you really do?

Not just heart and chin, also boxing, and punches may be the deciding factor in this fight.

And what can you do when Overeem tries to impose his will? Well, not be like Brock i.e. too scared to fight back. Junior Dos Santos is not only fearless but very smart too. Extremely durable too. So I can see him crack Overeem with one of his powerful counter punches like he has done to all his other opponents.

I could see this going either way, but I slightly, SLIGHTLY favor JDS.

Biolink
12-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Betting everything I have on Overeem right now

dough401
12-31-2011, 08:11 PM
Betting everything I have on Overeem right now

Ill match your 31mil

Harry Balls
12-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Anyone wanna do a bet on this? I got JDS at even odds for 5-10b?

Check_hooks
12-31-2011, 08:38 PM
lmao at jds fanboys only wanting even money bets, **** outta here

Harry Balls
12-31-2011, 08:39 PM
lmao at jds fanboys only wanting even money bets, **** outta here

it won't be far from even odds come fight night. 2:1 is probably off.

Biolink
12-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Ill match your 31mil

Talking about real money bro, but I'm a gambler. I'll bet every v-point I have on Reem. I'm that confident.

Clegg
12-31-2011, 08:58 PM
UK betting odds have it closer than that, but still consider JDS the favourite http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/mma-ufc/alistair-overeem-v-junior-dos-santos/winner

I wouldn't be surprised if things change closer to the time once more sites start putting odds up.

Check_hooks
12-31-2011, 09:25 PM
it won't be far from even odds come fight night. 2:1 is probably off.

Cmon dude, you havw 22 billy compared to my 2 and some change

Even if you lose the bet you'll still have way more than most on this forum

ƒallenloki
12-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Damn... That line is way too wide. Better get it in early.

I've said this a few times already and I'll say it until fight night:

JDS has great power and a good chin, but he gets hit way too hard way too often. Anyone else remember big country absolutely ripping him with right hands down the stretch of their fight?

When you bang with Alistair Overeem you are banging on another level. The guy has undeniable power and will hurt JDS if he cracks him with a clean shot. This fight is even.

Virgil Caine
01-01-2012, 05:07 AM
Overeem destroys JDS.

Let me briefly state what should be his gameplan.

Watch out for the right hand.

JDS has little to offer which will trouble Overeem. Overeem will most likely win via knockout.

Someone88
01-02-2012, 02:47 AM
Dos Santos will beat Overeem

G A M E
01-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Damn... That line is way too wide. Better get it in early.

I've said this a few times already and I'll say it until fight night:

JDS has great power and a good chin, but he gets hit way too hard way too often. Anyone else remember big country absolutely ripping him with right hands down the stretch of their fight?

When you bang with Alistair Overeem you are banging on another level. The guy has undeniable power and will hurt JDS if he cracks him with a clean shot. This fight is even.

Overeem destroys JDS.

Let me briefly state what should be his gameplan.

Watch out for the right hand.

JDS has little to offer which will trouble Overeem. Overeem will most likely win via knockout.

^^^this right here

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2009/06/ray_yes.gif

.Mik.
01-02-2012, 08:00 AM
I think that Overeem might walk straight through JDS.

Boxingtech718v2
01-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not mad just means more money to win in bets by the more knowledgeable fans.