View Full Version : UFC is gonna experience some sh*t in the upcoming future

boxingking500
12-31-2011, 02:11 AM
Brock Lesnar (UFC BIGGEST CASH COW) retires

GSP another cash cow, out for almost a year

and 2011 being a horrible year (compared to last year)

not good PPV numbers....

PPV is expensive for UFC 60 dollars is BS, not every card is worth that much....

they need to change there format (UFC).. or i just see bad things coming to the UFC

Fox could be there savior, but i doubt it...

i don't want UFC to die, but its not looking well for them in the upcoming future.., im just being honest

LupinIII
12-31-2011, 02:16 AM
its cool

Reem is here now

RichardPerez
12-31-2011, 03:00 AM
gotta say, their promotion is nice and the way they put the show together just for TV viewers is nice and exciting compared to boxing, boxing promoters and networks need to step up.

showtime is doing some nice things for boxing

kaps
12-31-2011, 03:02 AM
They'll be fine....

-Swizzy-
12-31-2011, 03:43 AM
lol at Boxing fans wishing for MMA's downfall.

Let me put it this way... if UFC loses their top 20 current "cash cows" they'll still be making a **** load of money and they'll still be growing.

UFC in itself is a cash cow. What ppl fail to count is the amount of PPV buys the UFC gets just because they're "UFC" regardless of who is on the card.

UFC and MMA are here to stay whether you like it or not.

Check_hooks
12-31-2011, 04:08 AM
lol at Boxing fans wishing for MMA's downfall.

Let me put it this way... if UFC loses their top 20 current "cash cows" they'll still be making a **** load of money and they'll still be growing.

UFC in itself is a cash cow. What ppl fail to count is the amount of PPV buys the UFC gets just because they're "UFC" regardless of who is on the card.

UFC and MMA are here to stay whether you like it or not.

Boxing fans don't have to wish for any other sports downfall. When its all said and done boxing is boxing and mma is mma

The UFC puts on a PPV every month even if the card sucks ass and there heavyweights can't even give the paying public 1 round of action. People aren't gonna keep wasting their money to see those roided out bums get gassed in 30 seconds

A similar thing happened in boxing after Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield stopped becoming the biggest draw in boxing. A welterweight named Oscar became the biggest draw in the sport.

The UFC needs to find its next young star because REEM has been in a sh*t load of fights and probably doesn't have a long career left

-Swizzy-
12-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Boxing fans don't have to wish for any other sports downfall. When its all said and done boxing is boxing and mma is mma

The UFC puts on a PPV every month even if the card sucks ass and there heavyweights can't even give the paying public 1 round of action. People aren't gonna keep wasting their money to see those roided out bums get gassed in 30 seconds

A similar thing happened in boxing after Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield stopped becoming the biggest draw in boxing. A welterweight named Oscar became the biggest draw in the sport.

The UFC needs to find its next young star because REEM has been in a sh*t load of fights and probably doesn't have a long career left

as you said, mma is mma, and boxing is boxing.

People stoped watching boxing because those big name fighters retired. But in mma, the biggest name is "UFC". So as long as UFC is there, it will always be the biggest draw in MMA. Doesn't matter who's in the organization and it doesn't even matter if better fighters are fighting else where. People will always watch UFC because they think the best fighters are there even if it isn't true just like back in the day when ppl thought Liddell is the greatest fighter to ever live(lol).

-2 Scrappy-
12-31-2011, 08:09 AM
I know its dumb they should want to be a free national tv sport like the nfl on fox. It's not ufc prices imo as much as the increase number of ppv events. Nobody can shell out 60 every month twice.

nodogoshi
01-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Brock Lesnar (UFC BIGGEST CASH COW) retires

GSP another cash cow, out for almost a year

and 2011 being a horrible year (compared to last year)

not good PPV numbers....

PPV is expensive for UFC 60 dollars is BS, not every card is worth that much....

they need to change there format (UFC).. or i just see bad things coming to the UFC

Fox could be there savior, but i doubt it...

i don't want UFC to die, but its not looking well for them in the upcoming future.., im just being honest

Just wait for the news to come that Fox has decided to dump the UFC.

Not saying it is imminent by any means, but it will happen sooner or later.

monaroCountry
01-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Im not American centric.

Boxing is booming in other parts of the world away from North America.

MMA is dwindling outside of North America (apart from Russia and the CIS region). In America MMA is also dwindling, UFC's biggest cashcow has not been exposed and is retiring, he will take his casual WWE fans back to fake wrestling.

BKM-2010
01-01-2012, 11:18 AM
MMA reached it's peak in the late 00s. I don't think it's gonna get bigger than that. I think it's only gonna have some more difficult periods mixed with the good. Just check out the PPV numbers of the past few years. The UFC isn't that consistent.

Boxingtech718v2
01-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I know its dumb they should want to be a free national tv sport like the nfl on fox. It's not ufc prices imo as much as the increase number of ppv events. Nobody can shell out 60 every month twice.

That would be a dream come true because the NFL, MLB, and NBA all gross more than boxing and mma yearly. They don't have to charge ppv fees because the mainstream marketing dollars are there. MMA has a great chance to go that route because almost the whole sport is controlled by the UFC just like MLB, NFL, and NBA. Boxing is still stuck with these multitude of organizations and crooked promoters ruining things.

monaroCountry
01-01-2012, 12:31 PM
MMA reached it's peak in the late 00s. I don't think it's gonna get bigger than that. I think it's only gonna have some more difficult periods mixed with the good. Just check out the PPV numbers of the past few years. The UFC isn't that consistent.

Late ****ing 00?

MMA's peak was during the Golden Age of Pride.

Zombies like you wouldnt know any better, so your excused for your ignorance. Since I guess you started watching the sport after TUF and I wont be surprised if you call the sport Ultimate Fighting instead of MMA.

BKM-2010
01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Late ****ing 00?

Zombies like you wouldnt know any better, so your excused for your ignorance. Since I guess you started watching the sport after TUF and I wont be surprised if you call the sport Ultimate Fighting instead of MMA.

Yes, Pride FC had monthly PPV's in America, right? In a thread about the success of UFC cards in North America, your bring up Pride. Good job troll.

hayZ
01-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Yes, Pride FC had monthly PPV's in America, right? In a thread about the success of UFC cards in North America, your bring up Pride. Good job troll.

No, but you brought up MMA as a whole check your post you said MMA NOT UFC. Pride FC from 2003-2006 made UFC look second rate, 80% of the best fighters were there and in their prime. Now we have a new generation coming up and the old hasbeens are fading away. They haven't got that personality of the old schoolers and that could become a problem.

Who will take Brock Lesnar/GSP/Anderson Silva's mantle? Jon Jones looks to be doing a great job in the ring at the moment but people know it won't be close when he fights since he is so blessed in physical gifts compared to everyone at his weight class. When he moves to HW he will get a LOT more attention, since those fights will be a lot closer. He has to move in the next few years though because Cain is like 30, Overeem 31, Fedor 35, Barnett 34, only JDS and Cormier are relatively young at 27/28.

BKM-2010
01-01-2012, 02:49 PM
No, but you brought up MMA as a whole check your post you said MMA NOT UFC. Pride FC from 2003-2006 made UFC look second rate, 80% of the best fighters were there and in their prime. Now we have a new generation coming up and the old hasbeens are fading away. They haven't got that personality of the old schoolers and that could become a problem.

Who will take Brock Lesnar/GSP/Anderson Silva's mantle? Jon Jones looks to be doing a great job in the ring at the moment but people know it won't be close when he fights since he is so blessed in physical gifts compared to everyone at his weight class. When he moves to HW he will get a LOT more attention, since those fights will be a lot closer. He has to move in the next few years though because Cain is like 30, Overeem 31, Fedor 35, Barnett 34, only JDS and Cormier are relatively young at 27/28.

I'm talking about PPV's and really how big the sport became, not about who had the best fighters. The sport wasn't that huge in the 90s to early 00s. It was in the late 00s when it really reached its peak and became mainstream. Remember how big UFC 100 in 2009 was?

But it did really start with TUF in the mid 00s. that's when it first became mainstream and it just built up slowly in the next few years.

During all of this though I think there's a pretty clear inconsistency with the UFC. They have times when several PPV's don't do well and then some other ones blow up in stats. IMO the UFC is gonna have the same amount of success the next years.

monaroCountry
01-01-2012, 04:37 PM

Right because Global MMA is really just UFC America. Great job ignorant troll!!!

And because UFC now has packed bigger stadiums and had bigger viewership numbers than back in the Pride days :P. Zombies actually think UFC had the bigger numbers :trink26:.

Even current UFC look second rate to Pride.

-Swizzy-
01-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Late ****ing 00?

I like PRIDE a lot and its the biggest reason I've become a hardcore mma fan, but I have to disagree that the peak of MMA was in the PRIDE days. Maybe for the hardcore fans, but I think the peak so far has been in the last 1-2 years.

PRIDE was great but MMA has gotten much bigger since then. And I think its gonna get even bigger.

BKM-2010
01-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Right because Global MMA is really just UFC America. Great job ignorant troll!!!

Japanese MMA is dead. In Europe it's still tiny but growing. So yeah, global MMA=North America.
I know you're a retard who still lives in 2006 but Pride has been dead for over 5 years. Let it go kid.

And because UFC now has packed bigger stadiums and had bigger viewership numbers than back in the Pride days :P. Zombies actually think UFC had the bigger numbers :trink26:.

Obviously you weren't around back then. People didn't know about MMA during Pride. Even in Japan itself, pro wrestling was much bigger than MMA. It didn't become mainstream in general untill TUF. I remember when that show first started, even in Holland they were selling MMA DVD's in stores. Thank Chuck, Tito and Shamrock for that kiddo.