View Full Version : Roy jones Jr Vs Richard Hall (Highlights)

Forza
12-26-2011, 05:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cL3p6-gvy0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheGreatA
12-27-2011, 10:00 PM
It was a one-sided beating that may as well have been called off before the contracts were signed. I thought the HBO commentary team went a little overboard with their criticism of the referee though, as bad as it looked. Hall atleast tried until the end when he could no longer defend himself at all, which is when the referee stepped in. Had he allowed it to continue past that point, he shouldn't have ever officiated another bout, but he didn't.

A futile effort but Hall's toughness cannot be under-estimated. A lesser man would've called it a day after the first round.

Recently he scored a stoppage win over a returning O'Neil Bell who once held a cruiserweight title so apparently at 40 years of age he is doing fine and suffers from no ill-effects.

DeadLikeMe
12-28-2011, 05:26 AM
Jones-Hall II: Payback :boxing:

BattlingNelson
12-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Wasn't this the fight where both tested positive for steroids?

JAB5239
12-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Yes it was.

BennyST
12-28-2011, 09:39 AM
It was a one-sided beating that may as well have been called off before the contracts were signed. I thought the HBO commentary team went a little overboard with their criticism of the referee though, as bad as it looked. Hall atleast tried until the end when he could no longer defend himself at all, which is when the referee stepped in. Had he allowed it to continue past that point, he shouldn't have ever officiated another bout, but he didn't.

A futile effort but Hall's toughness cannot be under-estimated. A lesser man would've called it a day after the first round.

Recently he scored a stoppage win over a returning O'Neil Bell who once held a cruiserweight title so apparently at 40 years of age he is doing fine and suffers from no ill-effects.

I have no doubt that Toney could have KO'd someone of Bell's inactive caliber, yet he is as punch drunk as they come.....It's too hard to tell.

BennyST
12-28-2011, 09:43 AM

It always baffled me.....why does Jones jr test positive for this fight and not others?

BattlingNelson
12-28-2011, 09:54 AM
It always baffled me.....why does Jones jr test positive for this fight and not others?
Yeah. Why would Jones cheat for Hall and not for Toney, Ruiz, Hill etc.?

I think most people know the answer here. It's not rocket science.

BoxingGenius27
12-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Jones hit him so hard, he gave him a haircut and knocked a few dreadlocks off.

This is the Roy that I remember. I know it was Richard Hall and all, but this RJJ is the fighter that I rank as my all time GOAT and #1 ATG.

BattlingNelson
12-30-2011, 03:00 PM

This is the Roy that I remember. I know it was Richard Hall and all, but this RJJ is the fighter that I rank as my all time GOAT and #1 ATG.
:lol1::lol1:

Forza
12-30-2011, 08:16 PM

Richard hall could have been more than a contender IMO. He was 6'4 and a southpaw LHW, with the right trainer he could've gone farther. Also it's obvious he can take a punch.