View Full Version : There is something severely wrong with the UFC

dan_cov
12-25-2011, 05:05 AM
There is something severely wrong with the UFC & it's called Jon Jones. I know nobody will agree and they'll say ''he's only 23-24 & already beat blah blah blah''

What a 1-dimensional, extremely carefully managed tomato can this guy is.

Almost the equivalent of the Klitschko's fighting light heavyweights that can't fight in the pocket.

This guy isn't good and I don't give a sh1t who says he is or anything else. I have never seen such a 1-D hypejob in all my life that just so happens to look good because the top 5 are 1-D and their styles all play into his hands.

Same sh1tty backkicks, spinning backfists, etc

Fighters are picking up on this & training to combat the massive size difference, unfortunately nobody at 205 has the footwork mainly to get in range.

Equivalent of JDS picking on 205 lb'ers, probably worse than tbfh

205 packs some excitement but unless we find an NBA player with anorexia of the legs, brittle-bones Jones will be sticking around for a while :bigeyes:

PlayerKiller
12-25-2011, 06:50 AM
There is something severely wrong with the UFC & it's called Jon Jones. I know nobody will agree and they'll say ''he's only 23-24 & already beat blah blah blah''

Almost the equivalent of the Klitschko's fighting light heavyweights that can't fight in the pocket.

This guy isn't good and I don't give a sh1t who says he is or anything else. I have never seen such a 1-D hypejob in all my life that just so happens to look good because the top 5 are 1-D and their styles all play into his hands.

Fighters are picking up on this & training to combat the massive size difference, unfortunately nobody at 205 has the footwork mainly to get in range.

205 packs some excitement but unless we find an NBA player with anorexia of the legs, brittle-bones Jones will be sticking around for a while :bigeyes:

You know **** all about boxing and MMA too it seems.

dan_cov
12-25-2011, 07:04 AM
You know **** all about boxing and MMA too it seems.

A guy named after a ****** actor that has only 10 mins back admitted he knows **** about MMA & clearly don't know his dick from his elbow when it comes to boxing is trying to tell me sh1t because I have am speaking my mind & I have a different opinion to many & unwilling to hop on a bandwagon, really? Get gone already.

kaps
12-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Jones Huggers are not gonna like this. I do agree he's too big for the weight class though...

AL YANKAB*TCH
12-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Jones Huggers are not gonna like this. I do agree he's too big for the weight class though...

Not a big Jones fan...but how can you be too big for a weight class you can make?

kaps
12-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Not a big Jones fan...but how can you be too big for a weight class you can make?

I guess that's true. If they made them weigh in on the same day they fought you'd see a bunch of dudes going up a Weightclass though. Including GSP, Anderson Silva, and Dominick Cruz....

IronBoxer
12-25-2011, 02:10 PM
he should move up to HW and then we'll see him crumble.

Cloud
12-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Jones is exciting to watch but his fans severely overrate him.

AL YANKAB*TCH
12-25-2011, 02:28 PM
I guess that's true. If they made them weigh in on the same day they fought you'd see a bunch of dudes going up a Weightclass though. Including GSP, Anderson Silva, and Dominick Cruz....

This is true..

Jones height and size does give him a significant advantage over everyone at 205. Would be more interesting to see him try and fight Cain or JDS.

*Boss*
12-25-2011, 04:24 PM

Lets see .....
-Shogun will destroy Jones because of the inexperience....not.... Jones almost murders Shogun , made him tap to strikes , wins TKO. Then people said well , Shogun had a bad knee , coming off long lay off , gassed out blah blah blah ....

-Quinton Rampage will destroy Jones .....not...Jones dominates Quinton , wins by submission...Again people said oh , its not a " prime " Rampage , he used " dirty " tactics blah blah blah ....

-Machida is the only who can defeat Jones ....not... Even tho Machida did well in the 1st round , he gets dominated and eventually gets choked out unconscious...Instead of appreciate the guy of his skills people complain that Jones didnt put him on the floor gently after he choked him out :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now he's too big for the weight class ??:rofl: Life is too short to have hate in your heart like that.Stop with the excuses and appreciate the great skills he has.

*Boss*
12-25-2011, 04:26 PM

I want you to tell me exactly what Jones needs to do to prove he's legit.

monaroCountry
12-25-2011, 05:18 PM

He needs better striking, he got owned by even Machida.

He should stop fighting bum American strikers and actually go to K-1 level strikers in Europe.

*Boss*
12-25-2011, 05:47 PM

He should stop fighting bum American strikers and actually go to K-1 level strikers in Europe.

Who won that fight again ??

ChampSince84
12-25-2011, 10:09 PM
what does bashing the ufc have to do with jones beating everyone?? u bashing jones? ufc? or the guys that make the fights for jones? i thought u were gonna complain about the company then i read this jones crap :s

dan_cov
12-25-2011, 10:18 PM

Get some size on his chicken legs & move to HW where he belongs. Styles make fights right? The guys he fights are so suited to his style it's not even funny but I give props to Machida who did better than I expected but he was never going to win, his style is all so wrong for Jones.

I give Rashad no chance either, same with Hendo. Jones is simply to big for these guys, especially guys with slow feet that like to strike on the outside.

Not only does Jones have usually 3+ inch in height on these guys, he has a 10+ reach advantage & is outweighing them on fight night by probably 20lbs
Sorry but I can't be impressed by that.

If he was so good he would go to HW where he would be a pretty big HW

dan_cov
12-25-2011, 10:20 PM
what does bashing the ufc have to do with jones beating everyone?? u bashing jones? ufc? or the guys that make the fights for jones? i thought u were gonna complain about the company then i read this jones crap :s

I was a bit drunk, it's Christmas & probably did go a bit overboard with the post. It doesn't change my mind & the fact I think this guy is simply beating these guys because they're made for him and he is way, way too big for the division.

Clegg
12-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Struve has similar physical advantages but hasn't been able to have anywhere near as much success as Jones.

Obviously his size is a factor, but it's not the only thing. I don't agree about him being one dimensional either, after arguably losing the first round to Machida standing, he switched it up and started using his grappling. Not exactly genius-level strategy but it's better than people like Pat Barry, Roger Gracie, Kongo (maybe you could also include Rampage and Brock) who only have one approach and tend to stick with it without much variation.

I know his fanboys are really OTT and annoying but no need to go to the other extreme either.

UglyPug
12-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Struve has similar physical advantages but hasn't been able to have anywhere near as much success as Jones.

Obviously his size is a factor, but it's not the only thing. I don't agree about him being one dimensional either, after arguably losing the first round to Machida standing, he switched it up and started using his grappling. Not exactly genius-level strategy but it's better than people like Pat Barry, Roger Gracie, Kongo (maybe you could also include Rampage and Brock) who only have one approach and tend to stick with it without much variation.

I know his fanboys are really OTT and annoying but no need to go to the other extreme either.

pound for pound, struve does the best stanky leg in the game.

ChampSince84
12-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Why hasnt the size factor come into play with steffan bonnar? He is about the same size as jones but that hasnt helped him much. Anthony johnson was also a HUGE WW and got beat by kos. Size over ur opponent place a somewhat big part advantage but its not all about the size of the fighter

dan_cov
12-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Why hasnt the size factor come into play with steffan bonnar? He is about the same size as jones but that hasnt helped him much. Anthony johnson was also a HUGE WW and got beat by kos. Size over ur opponent place a somewhat big part advantage but its not all about the size of the fighter

Stephen Bonnar Is a gatekeeper at best, almost a bum. Sure he is a big guy but he don't use that to his advantage and is very average in most/all departments. He is just a big lump that can take a clattering. Who is his best win? Kyle Kingsbury? A guy that got blasted by Maldonado & gave a give decision.

I agree it's not about size but if you have it and know how to use it, you're on to a winner.

Forget the size etc, put Maldonado in with guys prone to be open to bodyshots and not take them well, would they do well?

How about a great striker against a wrestler that has no chin & is sh1t on their feet but loves to trade?

Face it struve has only got as far as he has from sheer size & the guys got no chin at all.

ChampSince84
12-26-2011, 12:54 AM
Lol at the bonnar bash. Jones is ok fighter, i mean being at that age he better use whatever he can to win

MARKBNLV
12-27-2011, 08:17 AM

Your about to see an American bum desimate and destroy the king of crappy k1 Overeem.

nodogoshi
12-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Your about to see an American bum desimate and destroy the king of crappy k1 Overeem.

Styles make fights. If Brock can take the fight where he wants it to go he can win. Overeem has also had distractions (i.e. his mother being very sick with a relapse of cancer). I still think Overeem should win. I keep saying though, (and I have never gambled in my life so take it with a grain of salt), I would not bet on this fight. It is too unpredictable.

nodogoshi
12-27-2011, 09:47 AM

There is sort of no arguing against this. Jones, GSP, Silva, Cruz, for that matter guys like Brock Lesnar and Antonio Silva (though heavyweights are traditionally unlimited so take it for what you will) are all massive for their weight divisions. The facts are just the facts.

nodogoshi
12-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Get some size on his chicken legs & move to HW where he belongs. Styles make fights right? The guys he fights are so suited to his style it's not even funny but I give props to Machida who did better than I expected but he was never going to win, his style is all so wrong for Jones.

I give Rashad no chance either, same with Hendo. Jones is simply to big for these guys, especially guys with slow feet that like to strike on the outside.

Not only does Jones have usually 3+ inch in height on these guys, he has a 10+ reach advantage & is outweighing them on fight night by probably 20lbs

Hendo has the power to knock out anyone in the world, and he has the timing to potentially land the big homerun shot. But it is not likely.

Boxingtech718v2
12-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Damn the butt hurt is amazing. Question is TS' favorite fighter Sonnen by the way?

Shadownero
12-28-2011, 03:26 PM

Dude Hendo always has a chance. Jones does not need to move up to Heavyweight he is fine at Light Heavy. If you can make it on weigh in day then it is legit. Stephan struve is too big for heavyweight oh wait a 5'10 guy knocked him out.