View Full Version : If Pat Barry moved down to LHW, who would he be able to beat?

-Swizzy-
12-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I think Pat Barry doesn't really have a chance to even be a contender at HW. IMO he would do a lot better at LHW. Could beat a lot of the top LHW's considering they're closer to his height and size.

what do you guys think?

vote/discuss

ƒallenloki
12-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Isn't he only like 5'11?

Man... I wouldn't give him much of a chance at LHW either. He's too slow, and frankly he just isn't that good.

I don't think he beats anyone on that list.

Also, I don't think the cut is realistic. Isn't he like 250+?

M Deezy
12-23-2011, 11:07 PM
lookin at him and lookin at that list i dont even think he would have much of a shot at beating forrest or franklin. even if he could make the cut. would probably still be better suited in hw. dont see him winning top ranked lhw

Clegg
12-23-2011, 11:24 PM
Unless he learnt some wrestling and BJJ he wouldn't do much better.

-Swizzy-
12-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Isn't he only like 5'11?

Man... I wouldn't give him much of a chance at LHW either. He's too slow, and frankly he just isn't that good.

I don't think he beats anyone on that list.

Also, I don't think the cut is realistic. Isn't he like 250+?
ok, I know you're trolling by that comment.

lookin at him and lookin at that list i dont even think he would have much of a shot at beating forrest or franklin. even if he could make the cut. would probably still be better suited in hw. dont see him winning top ranked lhw
He could make the cut. He's 240 and a lot of that is fat. Forrest and Tito walk around at over 240 and Rampage has weighed as high as 260 between fights.

And how would Franklin beat him exactly? I think Barry is strong and fast enough to avoid Franklin's td attempts. And he would probably KO Franklin before he would ever have a shot at taking him down.

Big BRICKS
12-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I've always thought Barry would be better suited at 205lbs, he has serious stand up credentials.

dan_cov
12-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I don't think he'd really beat anybody unless they tried standing with him. In addition to him having to cut a lot of weight he really would need to improve his ground game drastically in order to compete with anybody in the 205 division.

I think his stand up's certainly decent yet a tad overrated but I guess he'd be better suited to 205.

Could he even make 205? He seems naturally a very stocky guy & he's a reasonably lean 245.

ƒallenloki
12-24-2011, 01:44 AM
ok, I know you're trolling by that comment.

He could make the cut. He's 240 and a lot of that is fat. Forrest and Tito walk around at over 240 and Rampage has weighed as high as 260 between fights.

And how would Franklin beat him exactly? I think Barry is strong and fast enough to avoid Franklin's td attempts. And he would probably KO Franklin before he would ever have a shot at taking him down.

You realize that he looks fast against crappy heavyweights, right? He's not going to have any speed advantage against 205ers.

-Swizzy-
12-24-2011, 02:36 AM
You realize that he looks fast against crappy heavyweights, right? He's not going to have any speed advantage against 205ers.

yeah, crappy hw strikers like kickboxing champion Cro Cop.

the guy is crazy explosive. he will be just as fast and explosive at lhw. I don't know of a single lhw that can throw as fast as Barry. not 1.

ƒallenloki
12-24-2011, 02:44 AM
You mean shot to absolute hell Mirko Cro-Cop?

I swear dude, you're either a grade A troll or a moron.

I know you know your stuff because of other posts... but man, I don't know about this one.

-Swizzy-
12-24-2011, 03:07 AM
You mean shot to absolute hell Mirko Cro-Cop?

I swear dude, you're either a grade A troll or a moron.

I know you know your stuff because of other posts... but man, I don't know about this one.

ok, so list me out the guys at LHW that have faster striking than Barry.

ƒallenloki
12-24-2011, 05:55 PM
fast hands does not equal success.

In terms of pure speed, I think he'd be at the top. Or at least share the spot with a few guys. He is sloppy and very open for counters,though. Also, the guy has absolutely ZERO skill anywhere else.

You're talking about a guy who got submitted by Tim Hague, Stefan Struve, and Cro Cop... ****in' Cro Cop. LOL

-Swizzy-
12-24-2011, 06:08 PM
fast hands does not equal success.

In terms of pure speed, I think he'd be at the top. Or at least share the spot with a few guys. He is sloppy and very open for counters,though. Also, the guy has absolutely ZERO skill anywhere else.

You're talking about a guy who got submitted by Tim Hague, Stefan Struve, and Cro Cop... ****in' Cro Cop. LOL

yes, his ground game is horrible, granted. But lets not forget that ground game favors the bigger and stronger as well. And the guys at LHW won't be stronger than him. Also most of his sub losses were after he gassed out.

And I don't think he's sloppey cuz even the best strikers at HW couldn't counter him. The only fighter that got him like that was Kongo and that was only cuz Barry thought Kongo was done and he let his guard down. Aside from that, Barry has been solid defensively and offensively in his strikes in every fight.

ƒallenloki
12-24-2011, 06:46 PM
god damn it dude. You have got to be freaking joking

ƒallenloki
12-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Pat Barry, teh best evvahh!! OMGgzZz!!!!

Happy?

ƒallenloki
12-24-2011, 06:50 PM
He's going to out box jon jones.

He's going to one punch shogun.

He's going to shatter rashad's ribs with body shots.

Rich Franklin is going to kill himself when they tell him he has to fight Barry.

He's going to whiten Lil Nog's eye too.

He's going to beat Machida via crane kick

Then he's going to cut another 20 pounds and beat anderson via flying triangle.

THE GOAT

-Swizzy-
12-25-2011, 12:24 AM
He's going to out box jon jones.

He's going to one punch shogun.

He's going to shatter rashad's ribs with body shots.

Rich Franklin is going to kill himself when they tell him he has to fight Barry.

He's going to whiten Lil Nog's eye too.

He's going to beat Machida via crane kick

Then he's going to cut another 20 pounds and beat anderson via flying triangle.

THE GOAT

quite the intelligent responses.

look at my votes in the poll. I didn't say he is going to beat everyone at LHW.

ƒallenloki
12-25-2011, 02:36 AM
In all seriousness, he can only beat Forrest Griffin from the people on that list.

ChampSince84
12-25-2011, 10:22 PM
forrest griffin, MAYBE henderson due to his old age.

Other than that i dunno, he dont have that much to work with other than his standup.

MW if he can cut, would be a better weight class for him.