View Full Version : Do you wish for a Tyson comeback?

oztheuzi
12-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I know it will never happen, and his last comeback was an epic fail, but do you ever dream of seeing Iron Mike back in the ring?
I was and am a high fan of Mike Tyson, and I would like to see him, but only if he fought a quality fighter, and only if he was able to somewhat resemble what he used to be.
Any opinions?

Forza
12-19-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah I'd like to see vitali land a right cross that sends his 5'10 midget ass flying out of the ring, the lewis-tyson beat down wasn't satisfying enough for me.

Scott9945
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I know it will never happen, and his last comeback was an epic fail, but do you ever dream of seeing Iron Mike back in the ring?
I was and am a high fan of Mike Tyson, and I would like to see him, but only if he fought a quality fighter, and only if he was able to somewhat resemble what he used to be.
Any opinions?

If you really are a Mike Tyson fan, you should hope he is never in the ring for anything more serious than an exhibition.

The last time he fought he quit against a 3rd rate (and that's being generous) heavyweight, and you want to see him against a quality fighter? Yikes!

any craic lad?
12-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Watching RJJ is painful enough

THE REED™
12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
No............

Capaedia
12-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Would I like to see a Prime Tyson in this division? Yes. But then again I would like to see any of the HW ATGs in their prime come and shake up this division.

Would I like to see Tyson make a comeback and be rushed into a title fight to go on both of the Klitschko's resumes? Absolutely not.

oztheuzi
12-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Well said! I have to agree that I should have stated this differently... I would like to see an "In his prime Mike Tyson" fight again.

shodown19
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Only fight I'd like to see him comeback for is to fight Kimbo Slice and knock him out.

D-MiZe
12-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd rather have him just outside the ring commentating.

T.Horton
12-20-2011, 01:34 PM
He lost to Kevin McBride. KEVIN MCBRIDE.

The answer is no.

Kid McCoy
12-20-2011, 02:06 PM
If you really are a Mike Tyson fan, you should hope he is never in the ring for anything more serious than an exhibition.

The last time he fought he quit against a 3rd rate (and that's being generous) heavyweight, and you want to see him against a quality fighter? Yikes!

This. Mike looked pitiful in his last fight six years ago. Just imagine how bad a 45 year old grossly overweight Tyson would be against any kind of credible opponent.

NChristo
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
This. Mike looked pitiful in his last fight six years ago. Just imagine how bad a 45 year old grossly overweight Tyson would be against any kind of credible opponent.

If anything he's way underweight, this is from May.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pgcHBcQRlpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imagine this Mike in with anyone in the ring :nonono:
Looking healthy though :).

jabsRstiff
12-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I guarantee there are more than a few Tyson loonies out there who think if he'd just hook back up with Kevin Rooney he'd again tear things up.

D-MiZe
12-20-2011, 04:40 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nE7Dxz9ARPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Surgeon
12-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Mate i was close to tears, maybe even did shed a few drunken ones back when Mike was fighting Lewis, Williams and McBride.... Like 9 years ago so no id rather cut off my own nuts than see Mike get embarrassed again. He wouldnt even be a HW now, Skinny neck and ***** on that vegan diet meh

Do i wish there was another Exciting guy like the young Tyson tearing through the HW rankings? Every day! Sadly there will Never be another Iron Mike Tyson....

Kid McCoy
12-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Luckily Tyson has more sense:

I'm 43 years old and I'm fat and I'm overweight. Who am I going to fight? No, I am not interested in doing that. I'm not going to be successful. I'm just not that guy. I don't love this stuff any more.

raf727
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Luckily Tyson has more sense:

green k for the greb avatar and the kid mccoy user name

Cloud
12-20-2011, 06:10 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nE7Dxz9ARPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have serious hopes for Daryl. I just hope he keeps his head in the game.

Kevin ****ing Rooney has even took time out to train him. The guys got serious head movement.

Mintcar923
12-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Funny, but being we all know Mike is an extremely smart fighter and he obviously knows about everything there is to know about boxing. I'd have to say that if you go by the history of the game there was really no fighter whatsoever that had beaten father time. Although George Foreman and to a lesser extent Jersey Joe Walcott had become two of the oldest champions there were, they still were just mere shells of themselves that had won back the title on sheer guts and brute power.

Mike Tyson was the youngest man to ever win the heavyweight title and if you think about it it makes him an early bloomer. Many do agree that he was past-his-prime by the time he was 23 or 24. But I'd have to say a lot of that had to do with the loss of his original trainers and not surrounding himself with the top professionals he should have. Also, you have to factor in all the inactivity he has had in the 2nd and 3rd parts of his career which made him deteriorate even further.

Perhaps, he does have a chance. Especially, if he gets back with a Rooney or even a Giachetti. If you look at the early part of the Danny Williams fight you could see that he sure does have some skills left. I don't know how much a factor the knee injury caused him to lose or even if there was a stamina problem. In the Lewis and McBride fights you could see he just didn't care all that much.

I have to say that if Mike said to himself, "I really want to re-dedicate myself to the game and train as hard as I can." You know, if he really started caring about it again I'd have to say that he may have a shot. But alas, no matter how much you train the reflexes are not what they used to be when you hit your mid-forties. Even if you are Iron Mike Tyson.

Miburo
12-22-2011, 02:09 AM

Yet despite this, Tyson looked extremely sharp in an exhibition bout he had shortly after retirement. I think it was more that he lost his focus and fell in love with the easy KO rather than being physically unable to continue.

The Surgeon
12-22-2011, 03:47 AM
The main problem was and is he dont got the fighting guts no more, he said it himself. He HAD heart in his prime and it bothers me when people say he didnt though i guess they have grounds to base their opinions on, But at the end there he just didnt have the stomach or the grit for a give and take Fight! Then again he'd clearly deteriorated badly because guys like Williams and McBride wouldnt have given him give and take fights, it would have been take and take fights ending with them quickly KO'd....

The man is done leave it at that

TBear
12-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Tyson would get seriously hurt if he came back.

BritishBoxing92
12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Any opinions?

as a fan and still following him, NO too much punishment he took in his final years was hard to watch, im happy he is rehabilitated and sober along with staying out of trouble and living clean now i wish for him to become a commentator or continue in acting roles he seems to do good in those even if it means he never fights again and that he stays happy and at peace i wish him the best..

Yeah I'd like to see vitali land a right cross that sends his 5'10 midget ass flying out of the ring, the lewis-tyson beat down wasn't satisfying enough for me.

STFU forza always on tysons dick like a whiney little *****

El Jesus
12-22-2011, 05:05 PM
One thing i respect about tyson was when he said "i dont want to continue disrespecting the sport" in his final fight, he knew he was doing all of us a diservice by losing to the likes of bryan mcbride, this was something that sort of stuck with me. i was just thinking about this this morning, there is no reason for him to come back, ever.

Slip Stream
12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
A Tyson comeback now would be nothing more than a publicity stunt; boxing is no longer in his blood. As he said when he lost his last fight, "I don't have any more love for this sport." Tyson's reign was a sort one, a flash in the pan so to speak.

Although I think a comeback would be a mockery of the sport and a blight on his career somehow I think he'd fit in fine getting his brains bashed in the era of the Klitchkos. The heavyweight division at this point is off somewhere overseas while the once dominate Americans look on and dream of fighters long retired. The heavyweight division sucks but that's no reason for Mike to stir from the place he finds himself.

I like the Mike now because his smile seems so sincerely and he seems to be radiating genuine warmth and true contentment. That matters more than if he laces up a pair of gloves again because there's no chance he can assume that guise of that wild thoughtless youth, not when he's come this far.

BigStereotype
12-22-2011, 08:22 PM

Damn son. That's rough.

Marchegiano
12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I feel like y'all missed what was asked. It's sort of like asking if you'd like to see Louis, and getting a whole **** ton of responses about Marciano.