View Full Version : UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit for Interim title

chiguy91
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/UFC143_04_JPG_large.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more-sport/mma-and-wrestling/2011/12/16/ufc-143-nick-diaz-and-carlos-condit-to-battle-for-ufc-interim-welterweight-title-115875-23639647/

announced fights for the card:
Main card
Interim Welterweight Championship bout: Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce
Featherweight bout: Erik Koch vs. Dustin Poirier
Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Rafael Natal vs. Michael Kuiper

Announced bouts

The following fights have been confirmed by UFC.com, but not yet added to the Official Fight Card.
Heavyweight bout: Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Bantamweight bout: Scott Jorgensen vs. Renan Barão
Bantamweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Edwin Figueroa
Welterweight bout: Jorge Lopez vs. Amir Sadollah

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/387874_10150529703966276_46299886275_11317338_7931 94261_n.jpg

F l i c k e r
12-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Could be the first time Nick gets knocked out.

M Deezy
12-16-2011, 07:08 PM
normally i root for condit seeing as how im from Albuquerque. But Diaz is my fav over anyone. hope he whoops condit. will be tough tho.

kaps
12-16-2011, 07:10 PM

Jeremy Jackson got him in 2002.....

FOTY candidate for sure. WAR DIAZ!

El Pistolero
12-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Hope Nick takes this

Dorian
12-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Can't wait for the fireworks!

Clegg
12-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I thought Koscheck was moving to MW?

N!GGALAS CAGE
12-16-2011, 08:36 PM
I think Diaz wins by sub in an action packed brawl.

dough401
12-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Cant wait for this, A big fight for both should be great War Diaz!!!

Big BRICKS
12-16-2011, 09:36 PM

I don't think that Condit has the power. Nick's chin and boxing is leagues above Hardy's

I remember that, the ref stood above them and let Nick take like 20 unanswered shots on his back right? I don't even think he was unconscious after that. He has a chin made of granite

ChampSince84
12-16-2011, 09:51 PM
I thought Koscheck was moving to MW?

never heard of this:wtf1: hed be a small MW

$Full Clip$
12-16-2011, 10:18 PM
This is a sick ass card. The hype isnt there like how epic the hype would be with diaz vs GSP. But dont get it twisted THIS IS THE TEN TIMES BETTER FIGHT! All Condit and Diaz knows is attack and finish once they smell blood. Their ****in animals unlike softy GSP. They arent afraid to bang it out or go submission for submission on the ground. Its survival of the fittest. Whoevers more mentally fit and physically beast that night will win. I think Condit may try to be stronger and maybe wrestle him a bit but after seeing Diaz tear Bj Penn apart legitimizing himself as an elite WW. I gotta go with him. Hes just one nasty mother****er right now. Hes got that eye of a killer. Anything gets in his way hes tearin that ass up!

Pierce did a gay interview about turning into a gsp style fighter by fighting smart and dull but winning. However he cant hold Kos down. He will have to bang and grind it out. But kos is the faster athlete more accomplished wrestler. Itll be a ****in fight too that kos wins by decison.

Erik Koch is the man too. Think hes deadlier and as crazy as pettis on the feet but better.

ChampSince84
12-16-2011, 10:52 PM
i agree.....except for the GSP being a softy part

-Swizzy-
12-17-2011, 04:08 AM
I got Condit to win this one. He's explosive and he has good cardio.

Should be a guaranteed good fight.

Visceral
12-17-2011, 04:34 AM
I gotta go with Nick in this one. The guy is fearless and very good.

RIZO24
12-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I got Diaz by sub....but it will be a war since both are of mexican descent and true warriorS

F l i c k e r
12-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Really? Diaz got starched? Not ref stop, but unconscious. Like Condit-Hardy?

I got Diaz by sub....but it will be a war since both are of mexican descent and true warriorS

A hispanic last name doesn't instantly mean mexican. Diaz bros have never claimed it and don't even express the culture of it either.

kaps
12-17-2011, 05:26 PM

A hispanic last name doesn't instantly mean mexican. Diaz bros have never claimed it and don't even express the culture of it either.

He didn't go out out, but he took like 20 unanswered shots. He has said that Jeremy is the only legit loss on his record...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oQymz5lPpMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gojira
12-17-2011, 05:56 PM
He didn't go out out, but he took like 20 unanswered shots. He has said that Jeremy is the only legit loss on his record...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oQymz5lPpMM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wtf? He was getting dropped by glancing shots.

kaps
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
wtf? He was getting dropped by glancing shots.

Jeremy koed everyone in the tournament that night. Nick still didn't have his legs under him when they stood back up. Jeremy got his ass beat in the rematch and rubber match though....

kaps
12-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Also before Nick started working on his boxing....

ScrewasideMMA
12-17-2011, 08:44 PM
There's something about Nick even when I think a guy is gonna over power his length and bjj come through when they need to and his boxing is out of this world for a black belt. Condit is tough but it's hard for me not to pick Nick. I think this is a better match up for Nick cause GSP's wrestling would of been the perfect defense to his bjj. Plus GSP is just a fighter with more of a winning strategy. It isn't always pretty but picking the way you know will win you the fight and sticking to it is championship fighting.

RIZO24
12-18-2011, 08:09 PM

They are hispanic Americans of Mexican Descent.. Actually Nick stated on the TUF that he was a real Mexican unlike Diego Sanchez..I am also Hispanic American p
Of Mexican descent and grew up in ca li just like the Diaz bros. You dont have to be expressimg Mexican culture to be a Mexican. Its more commonly used to state your etnicity

F l i c k e r
12-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Prove it or didn't happen. http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z38/Ace07369/trollface-2.png

Kaps. You know the Diaz bro's the most. Have they claimed that before?

kaps
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I know neither one of them knows any spanish....

RIZO24
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
I know neither one of them knows any spanish....

Many hispanics of MExican descent do not speak spanish!!lmao. Especially if they are second generation or more. Cain velasques is second generation and his spanish is awful.

Unknown Champ
12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Many hispanics of MExican descent do not speak spanish!!lmao. Especially if they are second generation or more. Cain velasques is second generation and his spanish is awful.

1ook on condit

1ook on cerrone

man up mexican warrior

F l i c k e r
12-22-2011, 07:01 PM

lol, nah man. They aren't mexican. One thing about mexicans is, if they are even half descendant, they claim it out loud.

Diaz surname could be spaniard, cuban, puerto rican, venezuelan, argentine, etc etc etc. Doesn't insta-mean mexican.

and if it's spaniard.... it's actually white. :lol1:

RIZO24
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM
1ook on condit

1ook on cerrone

man up mexican warrior

I will take your bet anytime homie!! I got you!!

RIZO24
12-24-2011, 02:22 PM
lol, nah man. They aren't mexican. One thing about mexicans is, if they are even half descendant, they claim it out loud.
Diaz surname could be spaniard, cuban, puerto rican, venezuelan, argentine, etc etc etc. Doesn't insta-mean mexican.

WTF are you serious?? What makes you an expert on all things Mexican, Hispanic, or Spanish?? First of all I can care less if they claim to be Mexican Descent, But they are even if it bothers some people or some people want to think they are white!! They live In northern California and if you know anything about California you would know there are not very many Puerto Ricans, Argentinians, Venezuelans, etc ect. They might not claim to be Mexican because they were abandoned by their Mexican father and grew up hating him but the fact is they are Mexican descent so just deal with it homie, Plus if they were Puerto Rican descent they would of quit by taking a knee a long time ago.. LMAO J/K.. OH ad not all Spanish people are white there are some dark ass Spanish people also, especially the ones in southern Spain close to northern Africa... HAHAHA

Big Op
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM

i guess we are all white then... :banana:

chiguy91
01-16-2012, 08:20 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6CFWus4548?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6CFWus4548?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

HardAss
01-16-2012, 08:34 PM

Nicholas Robert Diaz is an american of mexican descent so he is as mexican as oscar de la hoya

jmt225
01-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I remember Nick Diaz calling Diego Sanchez a fake Mexican or something like that during the lead up to their fight, so obviously Nick is Mexican and on some level proud of it.

Anyways, I see this fight going much like Nate vs. Cerrone, except Nick will finish Condit with 5 Rounds to work with. Should be a fun fight though, and there's no doubt Condit will bring everything he's got; it just won't be anywhere near enough to put down a warrior like Nick Diaz...

Marshall89
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I hope Diaz breaks Condits jaw yu know! The same Condit that came in as a replacement for a poor fighter to fight Dan Hardy in London and Knocked him Out! Pr1ck lol

Anyway, A 20 year old Rory MacDonald got the better of Condit for 3 rounds but Condit landed the knockout wid about 9 seconds to spare, otherwise he lost that fight n wouldn't even have had this chance at all.

Gonna be a Sick fight still. I'd rather see Nick vs. Georges every day over Georges vs. Carlos...
I reckon that's what Georges wants aswell after Nick called him out like dat after Penn fight

Gun Fights
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kyG8y4ig8P8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you can see nick in the vid sparring with trunks with the Mexico Flag on them..

F l i c k e r
01-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Lol, Gun fights gave me red k for saying Nick isn't mexican without proof. :rofl:

I've never heard him speak anything on being Mexican. But some people have and also cited sources and evidence. So I suppose he is. But still a joke for the red k.

-2 Scrappy-
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
This is easily going to be a sick solid fight of the year candidate early that will be hard to beat imo. I don't think it can possibly end early since both have rock solid jaws and crazy good juijitsu. Wouldn't be suprised if Greg jackson tried to make condit wrestle but i don't think he's strong enough to keep diaz down though I hope it hits the ground at some point since the submission and transition and scrambling exchanges would be absolutely sick like diego/diaz condit/kampman.

I actually see condit winning early until diazs punches start taking into effect and diaz definitely takes the later rounds. I think if diaz can't finish this will be an incredibly close and controversial scored fight. CAN'T FREAKIN WAIT!

RIZO24
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kyG8y4ig8P8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you can see nick in the vid sparring with trunks with the Mexico Flag on them..

Ive always said Nick and Nate are of Mexican descent, I mean they dont go around saying it all the time but its pretty obvious they are.. In the vid ,at min 2:22, you can see them as kids and they dont look anything other than Mexican...