View Full Version : Michael Carbajal

Cleto_Reyes
12-14-2011, 11:16 AM
What do you guys think of this former champ. I've never heard anyone on BS talk about him or anything. I think he was a great champ what are your thoughts? has anyone seen him fight before?

cactusEG
12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
The only fights ive seen of his are the ones with Chiquita Gonzales. So I really dont know to much about him.

prinzemanspopa
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Threw very good combinations,excellent at fighting on the inside,explosive power in both hands,a tremendous and commited body puncher - just one of the best offensive fighters of last twenty years.

Give him a game,stationary opponent - that isn't a complete midget that can smother his work like Baby Jake did - and he would look like a million dollars.He had pretty slow feet,though,and if you gave him angles and alot of in-and-out movement then he generally didn't look too good,as the second and third fights with Gonzalez showed - and the Pastrana fight to an extent,too.

Overall,great fighter for the lower,lower weight classes and an aesthetically pleasing one to watch,also.

ELPERRO
12-14-2011, 07:45 PM
all I know is that chiquita Gonzalez vs Micheal Carbajal were the first flyweights to get payed 1mil each

ELPERRO
12-14-2011, 07:46 PM
it was a hell of a fight too....

TBear
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
I was always a big fan of Michael Carbajal. I was there when he won his first title and seen him fight a bunch of times live including his first title defense.