View Full Version : Most dominant!

Dempsey 1919
11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Who do you think in their prime dominated his era the most in boxing history?

THE REAL NINJA
11-12-2005, 11:26 PM
ray robinson joe louis :confused:

cple
11-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Who would dispute Joe Louis as the most dominant heavyweight of all-time? He dominated his contemporaries like no other, amassing 25 consecutive title defenses (21 by knockout), and reigned as champion for 11+ years. No one dominated their era as thoroughly as Joe Louis.

blockhead
11-13-2005, 01:24 AM
joe louis hands down

wmute
11-13-2005, 03:55 AM
Most "dominant" probably jj jeffries

Verstyle
11-13-2005, 04:50 AM
i gotta say tyson cause no one was even near to him in his prime. he hardly ever got hit and his combos and defense were suberb.he completly dominated the hw division. he did it so bad alot of ppl didnt wanna get the ppv's cause they were afraid it was a waste of money cause tyson knocked his opponents out so quickly.there wernt really ne writers for the douglas fight cause they thought it was jus going to be a quick knockout. and ppl actually thought he was invincible

fistlegend
11-13-2005, 05:00 AM
joe louis...with ease

Rapid_Speed
11-13-2005, 05:29 AM
I gotta agree with you all..it's easily Joe Louis. The most dominant Heavyweight champ in history.

M26
11-13-2005, 07:47 AM
It has to be Joe Louis, even when considering all the weight divisions.

salsanchezfan
11-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Although I have Ali as the best heavy ever, Louis dominated the division like no one before or since.

habZ
11-13-2005, 01:10 PM
rocky didnt lose a match....

fistlegend
11-13-2005, 03:06 PM
yes, but how long did his reign last for not too long

salsanchezfan
11-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Though I'm a big fan of Rocky's, I wouldn't pick him. Whenever you hear someone talk about him and his career, it's alsways in terms of how he overcame this injury (the split nose against Charles, for example), or "refused to accept defeat" (when he was behind on points vs, Walcott). That does not exactly speak to a truly dominant fighter. That's the description of a guy who overcame obstacles and persevered, and ended up with his hand raised at the end.

I'm not trying to say Rocky wasn't great, of course he was, and he fought anyone around available to him. He didn't HAVE to fight Lastarza a second time, for example. He could've got around it. His record is certainly impressive, and he deserves a lot of credit. But there's no way he had the air of absolute domination Louis had. He just came too close to defeat too many times for that to be possible.

Dempsey 1919
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM
i gotta say tyson cause no one was even near to him in his prime. he hardly ever got hit and his combos and defense were suberb.he completly dominated the hw division. he did it so bad alot of ppl didnt wanna get the ppv's cause they were afraid it was a waste of money cause tyson knocked his opponents out so quickly.there wernt really ne writers for the douglas fight cause they thought it was jus going to be a quick knockout. and ppl actually thought he was invincible

um, ali in his prime hardly got hit either.

Dempsey 1919
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
everyone says louis, but if ali's title had not been stripped in 1967, he would have held the title longer and had more title defenses.

Verstyle
11-13-2005, 05:24 PM
um, ali in his prime hardly got hit either.

quit quoting what i said kid. your starting to annoy the **** outta me. i havnt ever given u any bad karma but im startin to think i should cause u look for what i said. i probably know more about boxin then u do.and when tyson fought in his early days they always said his chin hasnt been test. hmmmmm i wonder why cause his defense was superb. and if im not mistaken ali got knocked down early in his career.

+= El Jefe=+
11-13-2005, 05:36 PM
the guy who never lost Rocky Marciano,
mike tyson also dominated everyone he faced for a while

Dempsey 1919
11-14-2005, 12:47 PM
quit quoting what i said kid. your starting to annoy the **** outta me. i havnt ever given u any bad karma but im startin to think i should cause u look for what i said. i probably know more about boxin then u do.and when tyson fought in his early days they always said his chin hasnt been test. hmmmmm i wonder why cause his defense was superb. and if im not mistaken ali got knocked down early in his career.

but in ali's prime, he never was even close to getting knocked down. his haed movement was just too fast. maybe tyson's was too but if you say tyson was because of that then you have to come up with more proof than that because ali was lightning fast also.

p.s.
i already have bad karma so one more isn't gonna make a difference.

VERSION1 (V1)
11-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Although I have Ali as the best heavy ever, Louis dominated the division like no one before or since.
could not have said it better

Dempsey 1919
11-16-2005, 02:17 PM
i would have to say muhammad ali. people would say joe louis because of his impressive record, but many people are overlooking one fact here. ali was stripped of his title when he was in prime condition for boxing. we never got to see an ali from 1967-70. he would have blazed a trail in boxing that the world has never seen. i believe there was nobody that had a chance of beating ali during that period. and the way i see it, ali lost some of his speed he would never get back. that was his most important asset. because of this he lost to frazier and norton in the 70s. so the way i see it, ali, if not for the layoff, would have had the title from 1964 to 1978! that is fourteen years, two more, or in some cases three more than joe louis. also during 1966, he had 5 fights. who's to say that he could not have continued this pace throughout his lost prime years! in '67 he had two, one in feb. and one in march. that leaves 9 more months. had the title not have been stripped, oscar "ringo" bonavena would have been his next victim in probably may or june. that still leaves six months for a possible two fights in that year which makes up five fights in 1967. so, lets add this up. 5 years (1966-70, his prime years) times 5 fights is 25 plus the 10 that he had in 75-77, plus more that he would have had in 71-74, (probably an average of three equals 12). not to mention that his speed would not allow him to lose to leon spinks in 1978 lol! plus the two he had in 1965. he probably would have retired after the spinks fight.

1965 = 2 defenses
1966 = 5 defenses
1967 = 5 defenses
1968 = 5 defenses
1969 = 5 defenses
1970 = 5 defenses
1971 = 3 defenses
1972 = 3 defenses
1973 = 3 defenses
1974 = 3 defenses
1975 = 4 defenses
1976 = 4 defenses
1977 = 2 defenses
1978 = 1 defense
2+5+5+5+5+5+3+3+3+3+4+4+2+1=50 title defenses!
+ the 20 fights prior = a 70-0-0 record, 14 years as champion (1964-1978) in a 18 year career (1960-1978), and 50 title defenses, all records!

So, basically if you subtract the u.s. government stripping his title, you have, unarguably the undefeated and undisputed greatest of all times, and the most dominant, not louis.

Easy-E
11-16-2005, 04:44 PM

alot of that is true, but you can call mike the most dominant hw champ, becuase his reign was so short

imo, ali is the best hw ever, but joe louis dominated the hw division like no other

Dempsey 1919
11-16-2005, 05:13 PM
alot of that is true, but you can call mike the most dominant hw champ, becuase his reign was so short

imo, ali is the best hw ever, but joe louis dominated the hw division like no other

no ali was more dominant, nobody was close in beating him in his prime. louis was.

Da Iceman
11-16-2005, 08:27 PM
joe louis most dominate. reigned for 12 years, 25 defenses, 21 by knockout

Skydog
11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
In terms of most success, Joe Louis. He held the title for 12 years, and successfully defended it 25 times.

Physically, Tyson hands down. Like Mystakyl said, no one came close to him until Douglas, and he dominated everyone. Louis had some questionable wins, while Tyson knocked everyone out. Ali was also another one who was never really given a hard time in his title reign. Unlike Tyson, he never lost in his title reign, but he didn't dominate nearly as much as Tyson.

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 12:22 AM
In terms of most success, Joe Louis. He held the title for 12 years, and successfully defended it 25 times.

Physically, Tyson hands down. Like Mystakyl said, no one came close to him until Douglas, and he dominated everyone. Louis had some questionable wins, while Tyson knocked everyone out. Ali was also another one who was never really given a hard time in his title reign. Unlike Tyson, he never lost in his title reign, but he didn't dominate nearly as much as Tyson.

no one was close to ali in his prime. you know, like you reach and try to touch the moon and the stars, but you can't? same thing for ali, fighters tried to hit him, but they couldn't. and ali would never have lost in the ring if you read the second of my posts before this one if ali wasn't forced to retire in 1967.

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 01:27 AM
no one was close to ali in his prime. you know, like you reach and try to touch the moon and the stars, but you can't? same thing for ali, fighters tried to hit him, but they couldn't. and ali would never have lost in the ring if you read the second of my posts before this one if ali wasn't forced to retire in 1967.

although being in your prime has nothing to do with it, ali's prime was short. he beat liston twice, beat terell, chuvalo, mildengerber, patterson, quarry and cooper in convincing fashion.

however, he was knocked down in his first fight against cooper, and after he came back he was never the same
still a great champ, and imo the best hw ever in years with the best hw's ever.
that being said, louis was more dominant that ali was

and im ali's biggest fan and know way to much about him

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:29 AM
although being in your prime has nothing to do with it, ali's prime was short. he beat liston twice, beat terell, chuvalo, mildengerber, patterson, quarry and cooper in convincing fashion.

however, he was knocked down in his first fight against cooper, and after he came back he was never the same

all i gotta say is oooooooooooooooooooooooo. i think we might have a battle of knowledge between the big ali fans.hehe :D

borikua
11-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Iron Mike

The message you have entered....

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 01:33 AM
all i gotta say is oooooooooooooooooooooooo. i think we might have a battle of knowledge between the big ali fans.hehe :D

haha dont worry, i would own this clown

OHHHH!!! :D

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:35 AM

u better watch out he claims to have the most knowledge of ali on this site. thats coming from his own words.he will reply pretty soon truuuuuuuust me. ;)

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 01:37 AM
i cant wait, hes probably on boxrec right now looking up ali's record...

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:40 AM
i cant wait, hes probably on boxrec right now looking up ali's record...
hahaha. thats wrong buuuuuuuut maybe true. :D

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 01:44 AM
hahaha. thats wrong buuuuuuuut maybe true. :D

haha so who thinks you a dick?

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:48 AM
haha so who thinks you a dick?

i dunnot but there ****in dumb. at first theres was one that said that "i eat steriods" but i had to tell rick about that one cause if i ever make it big in boxing that can come back to hunt me if ppl believe that its true.but yeah who ever did it there really inmature but its jus jealousy cause i got muscles. :confused: but it was most likely one of those pinoy ppl cause they hate me.hehe :D

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:49 AM
i'll have a red bar by tommorrow cause they do a drive by on me everyday with bad karms.hehe :D

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 01:50 AM

he didn't fight quarry in his prime. what do you mean he was never the same?

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:52 AM
told ya pbf34.hehe. :D

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 01:54 AM
told ya pbf34.hehe. :D

hold that thought, its 12:53 in NYC, so i gotta go to bed. be back tomorrow to destroy pbf34, how dare he say he knows more about ali than me! why i probably know more about ali than you know about tyson lol!

Verstyle
11-17-2005, 01:56 AM
hold that thought, its 12:53 in NYC, so i gotta go to bed. be back tomorrow to destroy pbf34, how dare he say he knows more about ali than me! why i probably know more about ali than you know about tyson lol!

not really. i talk to ****in kevin rooney for god's sake!!!!! :eek:
i highly doubt it. :cool:

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 02:56 AM
he didn't fight quarry in his prime. what do you mean he was never the same?

right, quarry was his first fight back, i mispoke

when ali came back from his 3 year "break" he was never the same fighter
his prime was over

Kid Achilles
11-17-2005, 03:37 AM
It's all speculation as to how long Ali would have kept his title had he not been stripped of it. Joe Frazier in his prime (and Joe was not in his prime for the 2nd and 3rd Ali fights) would always be hell on Ali and I could see Frazier beating even the version of Ali that fought Cleveland Williams (considered to be his best night by many).

Floored by Henry Cooper, floored by Sonny Banks, Ali was never invincible, not even in his prime.

Later in his career, forget it. There's the controversial decisions against Norton and Young and the fact that he had long ugly fights with inferior opponents like Chuck Wepner.

His resume is impressive but he did not dominate in the same fashion that Joe Louis did. On paper those wins look impressive but there were many dull fights where he did not look great.

In contrast, Louis more often than not knocked his opponent out, if not in a first fight then in a rematch.

wmute
11-17-2005, 04:37 AM
It's all speculation as to how long Ali would have kept his title had he not been stripped of it. Joe Frazier in his prime (and Joe was not in his prime for the 2nd and 3rd Ali fights) would always be hell on Ali and I could see Frazier beating even the version of Ali that fought Cleveland Williams (considered to be his best night by many).

Floored by Henry Cooper, floored by Sonny Banks, Ali was never invincible, not even in his prime.

Later in his career, forget it. There's the controversial decisions against Norton and Young and the fact that he had long ugly fights with inferior opponents like Chuck Wepner.

His resume is impressive but he did not dominate in the same fashion that Joe Louis did. On paper those wins look impressive but there were many dull fights where he did not look great.

In contrast, Louis more often than not knocked his opponent out, if not in a first fight then in a rematch.

Jou Louis was floored by

Marciano (twice)
Walcott (twice)
Buddy Baer
Tony Galento
Jim Braddock
Max Schmeling

(Note that Tony Galento was the butterbean of the 30s)

Later in his career, forget it

Joe Louis got a gift decision against Walcott in the 1st fight

While I totally agree that we will never know how ali with no layoff would have fared against frazier. It's also true that Joe Louis was floored by a bunch of fighters a bunch of times and got his gifts.

KidBlackie
11-17-2005, 07:35 AM
[[[[[[[[[(Note that Tony Galento was the butterbean of the 30s)

Later in his career, forget it

Joe Louis got a gift decision against Walcott in the 1st fight

While I totally agree that we will never know how ali with no layoff would have fared against frazier. It's also true that Joe Louis was floored by a bunch of fighters a bunch of times and got his gifts.]]]]]]]]]
====================================

First off, Galento was a tough and very dangerous fighter, fighting and beating most of the best of his era. Calling him Butterbean type 4rd exhibition style fighter indicates a complete lack of history.

2nd, Joe only had a few controversial fights, and gave his opponents immediate rematches and completely destroyed them in textbook displays of boxing and slugging.

Moreover, Joe also had 3 yrs of inactivity before resuming his career. Joe was only beat by 3 fighters in his career, all HOFers, two of the losses when he was an old man fighting long past his best in his IRS comeback. Who cares if he was knocked down. He was a finisher and didn't need Don King or torn gloves for his advantage.

KidBlackie
11-17-2005, 07:44 AM
[[[[2+5+5+5+5+5+3+3+3+3+4+4+2+1=50 title defenses!
+ the 20 fights prior = a 70-0-0 record, 14 years as champion (1964-1978) in a 18 year career (1960-1978), and 50 title defenses, all records!

So, basically if you subtract the u.s. government stripping his title,]]]]]
========================================

Basically if we strip you all we got is a really goofy cheerleader with no chest.

Kid, the government didn't strip Ali, the ruling boxing org, the NBA and the NY boxing commish stripped him. Yeah, kid, you forgot to double the 50 title defenses with the Ali "gift factor," making his record 100 title bubble gum kiddy defenses.

Kid Achilles
11-17-2005, 10:24 AM
You misunderstood me. I'm well aware of how many times Louis was floored. I was merely debunking the myth that Ali was "unhittable".

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 03:35 PM

he didn't fight henry cooper and sonny banks in his prime, any fool would know that.

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 06:45 PM
i suppose pbf34 doesn't want to challenge me, i knew he would see the light and realize than he can't go toe to toe with me on ali, i'm just too knowledgeable!

Brockton Lip
11-17-2005, 06:48 PM
:rolleyes:. Have a bottle :bottle:.

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 06:50 PM
:rolleyes:. Have a bottle :bottle:.

that's cute :rolleyes: !

Da Iceman
11-17-2005, 08:06 PM
if your so knowledgable how come ali did fight henry cooper in his prime?
1963-06-18

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000180

Da Iceman
you dont know **** about ali

Dempsey 1919
if your so knowledgable how come ali did fight henry cooper in his prime?
1963-06-18

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=000180

um, that wasn't his prime!

wmute
11-17-2005, 08:54 PM
First off, Galento was a tough and very dangerous fighter, fighting and beating most of the best of his era. Calling him Butterbean type 4rd exhibition style fighter indicates a complete lack of history.

2nd, Joe only had a few controversial fights, and gave his opponents immediate rematches and completely destroyed them in textbook displays of boxing and slugging.

Moreover, Joe also had 3 yrs of inactivity before resuming his career. Joe was only beat by 3 fighters in his career, all HOFers, two of the losses when he was an old man fighting long past his best in his IRS comeback. Who cares if he was knocked down. He was a finisher and didn't need Don King or torn gloves for his advantage.

Your use of the QUOTE button did not improve as of late...

On Galento

"fighting and BEATING MOST of the BEST of his era" you ll have to back this up with names, especially for the beating part

It's true he had more stamina than butterbean, that being said in an era of well conditioned 15 round fighters, He was what butterbean is in an era of slow, fat HWs.

It is for Joe Louis fighting guys like Tony Galento that the expression "bum of the month" was born. IF you don't know that, it's "a complete lack of history"

As far as the rest goes
Torn gloves? Don King? what are you talking about exactly?
Who cares if he was knocked down? Well I guess I do

To sum it up

Joe Louis was a way more dominant champion than Ali, and this is mostly due to his competition. He wouldn't have looked so good when fighting sonny liston, joe frazier, george foreman.

IMO Jim Jeffries was an ever more dominant HWs, again because of his competition: he didnt even fight black fighters...

KidBlackie
11-17-2005, 09:10 PM
[[[[[[[[[[IMO Jim Jeffries was an ever more dominant HWs, again because of his competition: he didnt even fight black fighters...]]]]]]]]]]]]]
============================

My use of the quote button is more than adequate to point out the obvious deficiencies of you. Jeffries fought several top black contenders as anyone who knows anything about boxing knows. That obviously ain't you. The rest of your post is equally poorly thought out and constructed and hardly worth correcting since the corrections would be far beyond your comprehension.

Dempsey 1919
11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
[[[[[[[[[[IMO Jim Jeffries was an ever more dominant HWs, again because of his competition: he didnt even fight black fighters...]]]]]]]]]]]]]

My use of the quote button is more than adequate to point out the obvious deficiencies of you. Jeffries fought several top black contenders as anyone who knows anything about boxing knows. That obviously ain't you. The rest of your post is equally poorly thought out and constructed and hardly worth correcting since the corrections would be far beyond your comprehension.

he didn't fight blacks when he had the title.

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 09:34 PM
he didn't fight henry cooper and sonny banks in his prime, any fool would know that.

wow, you really are a clown
the cooper fight was the fight right before the first liston fight, when ali was clearly at his best.

KidBlackie
11-17-2005, 09:42 PM
[[[[he didn't fight blacks when he had the title.]]]]
======================

Tell you what I'm gonna do kid. I ain't gonna lay into you. I'm giving you some free shots here. I won't counter, but the danger is I might well laugh at you.

Praytell us what black fighters Jeffries should've have fought and when he should've fought em. This is a moment of truth for ya kid. Man or mouse, which is ya?

Da Iceman
11-17-2005, 10:28 PM
like PBF34 said that was right before the liston fight and he was at his best, you must not know that much about ali

Skydog
11-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Tyson physically dominated his era better than anyone. No one even came close. With Louis, he had some questionable decisions and was knocked down a few times. Ali was nearly knocked out by Cooper, though he never lost. Tyson may have lost to Douglas, but apart from that, he wasn't touched in his prime.

Imira
11-17-2005, 11:08 PM
25 title defenses

22 title defenses by KO

11 1/2 years as champion

Only one defeat in 59 fights when he retired

ALWAYS knocked out his opponents in rematches

Seems to be pretty dominant to me.

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Tyson physically dominated his era better than anyone. No one even came close. With Louis, he had some questionable decisions and was knocked down a few times. Ali was nearly knocked out by Cooper, though he never lost. Tyson may have lost to Douglas, but apart from that, he wasn't touched in his prime.

heres the problem, he was a champ for 2 years!!!
how can you consider him the most dominant!!
muhammad never lost in his prime, and tyson did
louis reign was the most dominant because he had so many title defenses and was champ for so long

Easy-E
11-17-2005, 11:38 PM
a case could be made for rocky too

wmute
11-17-2005, 11:51 PM

1. you still have to answer on galento. Is the answer beyond my comprehension or you have no answer except "I BSed tony galento beat mostly nobodies"?

2. Name the several top black contenders Jeffries fought FOR HIS TITLE, please. Since we are talking about dominant CHAMPIONS, I don't consider non-title fights very interesting.

3. Thanks for the remarks on my post being poorly constructed and so on... I will keep your fulgid examples of prose as benchmark when I finish grading papers tonight.

4. (out of curiosity) What do you have against the quote feature? Are you using some non-standard browser?

wmute
11-18-2005, 12:08 AM
[[[[he didn't fight blacks when he had the title.]]]]
======================

Tell you what I'm gonna do kid. I ain't gonna lay into you. I'm giving you some free shots here. I won't counter, but the danger is I might well laugh at you.

Praytell us what black fighters Jeffries should've have fought and when he should've fought em. This is a moment of truth for ya kid. Man or mouse, which is ya?

I wonder why the other guy is not answering yet but I will give you a hint

So there was this "colored heavyweight champion of the world", who was 25-26 in 1903-1904.

Guess what's his name...

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 01:51 AM
the cooper fight was the fight right before the first liston fight, when ali was clearly at his best.

still no response for the all knowledgable butterfly :rolleyes:

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 01:24 PM

no, you really are the clown. ali prime was 1966-67. you could see that in the build of his body and the increased accuracy of his punches.

he fought cooper in 1963 and banks in 1962, when he was 21 and 20, still getting better, and gaining weight, it was easier to floor clay at that time cause he did'nt know how to take a punch, and he was lighter.

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 01:28 PM
still no response for the all knowledgable butterfly :rolleyes:

i'm right here, ready and waiting.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 02:32 PM
no, you really are the clown. ali prime was 1966-67. you could see that in the build of his body and the increased accuracy of his punches.

he fought cooper in 1963 and banks in 1962, when he was 21 and 20, still getting better, and gaining weight, it was easier to floor clay at that time cause he did'nt know how to take a punch, and he was lighter.

if ali's prime lasted on year, than how could he be the most dominant?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 02:35 PM
if ali's prime lasted on year, than how could he be the most dominant?

it would have lasted for at least 4 years, but ali was stripped of his title in 1967. it probably would have lasted till 1970 or 71!

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 02:37 PM
it would have lasted for at least 4 years, but ali was stripped of his title in 1967. it probably would have lasted till 1970 or 71!

i unedrstand that, but it only lasted on year...so how can he be the most dominant?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 02:43 PM
i unedrstand that, but it only lasted on year...so how can he be the most dominant?

i mean the way he dominated his opponents. no one came close to beating him in his prime, more than louis who got knocked down some times as champ, and tyson who was rocked by people like bruno in his prime.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 02:52 PM
i mean the way he dominated his opponents. no one came close to beating him in his prime, more than louis who got knocked down some times as champ, and tyson who was rocked by people like bruno in his prime.

heres the problem
ali could have been the most dominant and should have been the most dominant, but he wasnt
his prime was one year, you cannot be considerd the most dominant champ of all time because you had one great year

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Who do you think in their prime dominated his era the most in boxing history?

that was my question pbf34, in their primes! not in their whole careers.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 03:01 PM
that was my question pbf34, in their primes! not in their whole careers.

you are jaded by your intense bias of ali

just look at the poll

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 03:08 PM
you are jaded by your intense bias of ali

just look at the poll

because they misunderstood the question, like you, and thought i meant dominated in their whole careers like louis did. a prime louis dominated, but not as much as ali. two fighters, cleveland williams and ernie terrel were set up to be ali's toughest opponents yet, but he made them look stupid and made the match look like exhibitions!

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 03:56 PM
because they misunderstood the question, like you, and thought i meant dominated in their whole careers like louis did. a prime louis dominated, but not as much as ali. two fighters, cleveland williams and ernie terrel were set up to be ali's toughest opponents yet, but he made them look stupid and made the match look like exhibitions!

who is the most dominant champion in history?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
who is the most dominant champion in history?

ok, throughout their careers, i suppose louis.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:03 PM
ok, throughout their careers, i suppose louis.

and what is the question on the poll?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:04 PM
and what is the question on the poll?

it was a typo.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:07 PM
it was a typo.

.......is that the best you can come up with?
im pretty sure you just got OWNED!!!
NYHAHHAHHAHA

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:09 PM
.......is that the best you can come up with?
im pretty sure you just got OWNED!!!
NYHAHHAHHAHA

but what does the question at the beginning of the thread say?

owned!

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM

no one misunderstood the question, you apparently dont know how to type, or your covering up for being wrong...

why would u create a thread and a poll with two diffrent questions
seems reallly stupid to me

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:14 PM

this is coming from you, so obviously you incited the challenge. but are you now getting cold feet? i keep on answering the challenge, but you don't accept. all i got to say is if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:16 PM
this is coming from you, so obviously you incited the challenge. but are you now getting cold feet? i keep on answering the challenge, but you don't accept. all i got to say is if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

what the hell challenge are you talking about??
your the idiot who made a thread that contradicts itself.

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:26 PM
what the hell challenge are you talking about??
your the idiot who made a thread that contradicts itself.

on this very same thread moron mystyal2k5 talked about a possible battle between me and you of who knows more about ali. and you said "i would own this clown...he's probably looking on boxrec.com for ali fight record" and crap like that. now if that's not starting a challenge, then i don't know what is!

i could get mystyal2k5 as a witness if you want! or just go to either page 4 or 5 of this thread! THREADS DONT LIE!!!

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:28 PM
on this very same thread moron mystyal2k5 talked about a possible battle between me and you of who knows more about ali. and you said "i would own this clown...he's probably looking on boxrec.com for ali fight record" and crap like that. now if that's not starting a challenge, then i don't know what is!

i could get mystyal2k5 as a witness if you want! or just go to either page 4 or 5 of this thread! THREADS DONT LIE!!!

so whats the challenge?

and how come you didnt respond to my last post??
your thread totally contridicts itself, does it not?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:36 PM
so whats the challenge?

and how come you didnt respond to my last post??
your thread totally contridicts itself, does it not?

i just said the challenge was to see who knows more about ali or not, and i posted mystyal and said that it was like 1:00am where i live so i had to go to bed, that's why i didn't answer back.. it wasn't because i was afraid of you, you obviously are afraid of me because you deny the challenge head on, when i pulled up the post you challenged me on and it is plain in black and white!

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:37 PM
i just said the challenge was to see who knows more about ali or not, and i posted mystyal and said that it was like 1:00am where i live so i had to go to bed, that's why i didn't answer back.. it wasn't because i was afraid of you, you obviously are afraid of me because you deny the challenge head on, when i pulled up the post you challenged me on and it is plain in black and white!

how do you propose we go about this challenge?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:45 PM
how do you propose we go about this challenge?

finally. all right, we could bring in a mediator to judge or ask questions or something? how about mystyal2k5?

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
finally. all right, we could bring in a mediator to judge or ask questions or something? how about mystyal2k5?

you want him to ask questions about alis career??
you mean stuff you would just look up and answer?
that would be pretty stupid

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 04:57 PM
you want him to ask questions about alis career??
you mean stuff you would just look up and answer?
that would be pretty stupid

i mean hard questions that you can't look up on the web, and that we had to answer them within like three minutes, so as to not give enough time to look stuff up.

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 05:07 PM
actually, mystyal2k5 is offline, so i guess someone else.

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 05:13 PM
um, this is getting pretty boring, waiting for your answer, pbf34.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
um, this is getting pretty boring, waiting for your answer, pbf34.

yeah, i was offline, as you could have easily checked, but apparently you dont know enough about the website
as i said before, im not here 24/7 like you

and i notice your red again
getting respect is tough when your an *******, isnt it?

Dempsey 1919
11-18-2005, 07:35 PM
yeah, i was offline, as you could have easily checked, but apparently you dont know enough about the website
as i said before, im not here 24/7 like you

and i notice your red again
getting respect is tough when your an *******, isnt it?

you found anybody yet?

Brockton Lip
11-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Worst off-topic topic ever.

Skydog
11-18-2005, 10:14 PM
heres the problem, he was a champ for 2 years!!!
how can you consider him the most dominant!!
muhammad never lost in his prime, and tyson did
louis reign was the most dominant because he had so many title defenses and was champ for so long

Actually, dip****, he held the title for 4 years. He won it in 1986 against Trevor Berbick. I have already said that Tyson lost in his prime. IF YOU READ WHAT I ****ING SAID, I said that Tyson was PHYSICALLY the most dominate. Sure, Ali and Louis were more sucessful in their primes, but when Tyson fought his challengers, he destroyed them.

Easy-E
11-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Actually, dip****, he held the title for 4 years. He won it in 1986 against Trevor Berbick. I have already said that Tyson lost in his prime. IF YOU READ WHAT I ****ING SAID, I said that Tyson was PHYSICALLY the most dominate. Sure, Ali and Louis were more sucessful in their primes, but when Tyson fought his challengers, he destroyed them.

yeah, because he fought nobodies...
he didnt hold the undisputed title for four years clown, he won the wbc in 86
all the other champs were talking about were undisputed

Yogi
11-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Alright you two Ali experts (it's not like there's not a friggin' TON of reading material readily available of Ali :rolleyes: ), five points for the first one to answer the following question correctly;

What famous writer/author once scheduled an exhibition fight with Ali that was supposed to have taken place on the eve of the 1974 Kentucky Derby in Louisville?

As a hint I'll say that the writer was also involved in a similiar exhibition fight some years earlier against one of the previous generations great champions (should be a good hint if you're familiar at all with the writer's work, as this sorta of stuff was pretty normal to him).

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 12:56 AM
Alright you two Ali experts (it's not like there's not a friggin' TON of reading material readily available of Ali :rolleyes: ), five points for the first one to answer the following question correctly;

What famous writer/author once scheduled an exhibition fight with Ali that was supposed to have taken place on the eve of the 1974 Kentucky Derby in Louisville?

As a hint I'll say that the writer was also involved in a similiar exhibition fight some years earlier against one of the previous generations great champions (should be a good hint if you're familiar at all with the writer's work, as this sorta of stuff was pretty normal to him).

i don't know, is it dick schapp?

Yogi
11-19-2005, 01:08 AM
i don't know, is it dick schapp?

Sorry, that wasn't who the writer was, but you are entitled to another guess if you like.

Kid Achilles
11-19-2005, 01:42 AM
Gonna guess George Plimpton.

Yogi
11-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Gonna guess George Plimpton.

*ding, ding, ding*

We have a winner!

Kid Achilles pwns both Butterfly & PBF34 in expertise, and with his total of five points, he is now proclaimed to be the grand champion of all Ali experts!

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 03:51 AM
*ding, ding, ding*

We have a winner!

Kid Achilles pwns both Butterfly & PBF34 in expertise, and with his total of five points, he is now proclaimed to be the grand champion of all Ali experts!

yeah he totally PWNED me!!
because i was online and everything :rolleyes:

THE REAL NINJA
11-19-2005, 04:05 AM
i just noticed you have Patterson on the list but not....Lewis or Foreman..... Patterson was never a dominant champion neither was Foreman but he was by far better then patterson.......... and why not lewis ???????????

Yogi
11-19-2005, 04:11 AM
yeah he totally PWNED me!!
because i was online and everything :rolleyes:

We have complaints over the way the contest was run it seems, yes? Very well...PBF34, I shall offer you a chance to move into a tie with Kid Achilles with a correct answer to your own personal question about Ali, and here it is;

When Ali had his very first meeting with Angelo Dundee, Dundee was in a Louisville hotel room with another fighter of his who was slated to fight for one of Bill King's promotions down there...For five points, who was that fighter with Dundee, when Ali phone Angelo up and requested a meeting in person (which was immediately granted by Dundee)? And ****, for the outright win, if you could name the fighter that was with Dundee at the time, you might be able to name said fighter's opponent for the fight. Another five points if you can, which would be enough for the win.

As a hint I'll say that Dundee closely worked & helped train both fighters right around that time, but could only choose one corner for the fight.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 05:27 AM
We have complaints over the way the contest was run it seems, yes? Very well...PBF34, I shall offer you a chance to move into a tie with Kid Achilles with a correct answer to your own personal question about Ali, and here it is;

When Ali had his very first meeting with Angelo Dundee, Dundee was in a Louisville hotel room with another fighter of his who was slated to fight for one of Bill King's promotions down there...For five points, who was that fighter with Dundee, when Ali phone Angelo up and requested a meeting in person (which was immediately granted by Dundee)? And ****, for the outright win, if you could name the fighter that was with Dundee at the time, you might be able to name said fighter's opponent for the fight. Another five points if you can, which would be enough for the win.

As a hint I'll say that Dundee closely worked & helped train both fighters right around that time, but could only choose one corner for the fight.

i just came back on, bc im drunk and its 430, but id just like to say that your questions are stupid. this one is asking about dundee, not ali.

but i know dundee trained a welterweight champ named ___ basilio before ali. i think his first name began with a c

Verstyle
11-19-2005, 06:14 AM
i just came back on, bc im drunk and its 430, but id just like to say that your questions are stupid. this one is asking about dundee, not ali.

but i know dundee trained a welterweight champ named ___ basilio before ali. i think his first name began with a c

wheres butterfly at? he called me a moron :mad:

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 12:39 PM

louis pastrano.

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 12:39 PM
wheres butterfly at? he called me a moron :mad:

when did i call you a moron?

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
i just noticed you have Patterson on the list but not....Lewis or Foreman..... Patterson was never a dominant champion neither was Foreman but he was by far better then patterson.......... and why not lewis ???????????

patterson held the title for a number of years (5) and lewis and foreman didn't.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 05:02 PM
patterson held the title for a number of years (5) and lewis and foreman didn't.

both lewis and foreman would have knocked patterson senseless

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 05:04 PM
both lewis and foreman would have knocked patterson senseless

yeah you're right, but in his heyday, patterson dominated his opponents more than lewis or foreman.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 05:08 PM
yeah you're right, but in his heyday, patterson dominated his opponents more than lewis or foreman.

yeah, the way he dominated Johansson and liston was amazing

neither foreman or lewis were ever beaten like that

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 05:20 PM
yeah, the way he dominated Johansson and liston was amazing

neither foreman or lewis were ever beaten like that

from 1956-59, then from 1960-62 he had ko's in early rounds (4-6), and he held the belt for that long, so he dominated in his time as champ. foreman had two title defenses, maybe i should have put lewis though.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 05:44 PM
from 1956-59, then from 1960-62 he had ko's in early rounds (4-6), and he held the belt for that long, so he dominated in his time as champ. foreman had two title defenses, maybe i should have put lewis though.

foreman had 2 more title defenses...20 years later!

Verstyle
11-19-2005, 05:51 PM

there u have it.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 06:01 PM
there u have it.

that butterfly clown is probably the most annoying poster on this site
i cannot stand him

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 06:29 PM
there u have it.

i was calling pbf34 a moron. i guess i didn't think of putting a comma between moron and you're name. sorry. :)

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 06:32 PM
that butterfly clown is probably the most annoying poster on this site
i cannot stand him

i can't stand you either, since you claim you know more about ali than me should should be trying to prove it right now instead of beating around the bush and me trying to track you down and making you look like a ***** on the whole forum.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 06:50 PM
i can't stand you either, since you claim you know more about ali than me should should be trying to prove it right now instead of beating around the bush and me trying to track you down and making you look like a ***** on the whole forum.

tracking me down?
beating around the bush?

heres some advice
SHUT UP

Yogi
11-19-2005, 07:33 PM
louis pastrano.

Yes!

Well it was Willie Pastrano, but that's good enough...you knew who it was (Pastrano was a frequent sparring mate of Ali for much of his younger days, as well). Five points for you, Butterfly!

Anyways...

PBF34, what makes my questions so "stupid"?

Both answers to the questions I've proposed can be found in various publications that have to deal with Ali, and the first meeting between Dundee & Ali has been mentioned in interviews that are readily available on video...

Would you rather I asked a stupid question like, "Who did Ali make his professional debut against?" or something silly like that, which is so friggin' easy to find (not that you'd need to look it up, cause everyone should already know that without even bothering to find it)? Obviously my questions weren't all that difficult since both have been answered correctly and fairly quickly at that.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Yes!

Well it was Willie Pastrano, but that's good enough...you knew who it was (Pastrano was a frequent sparring mate of Ali for much of his younger days, as well). Five points for you, Butterfly!

Anyways...

PBF34, what makes my questions so "stupid"?

Both answers to the questions I've proposed can be found in various publications that have to deal with Ali, and the first meeting between Dundee & Ali has been mentioned in interviews that are readily available on video...

Would you rather I asked a stupid question like, "Who did Ali make his professional debut against?" or something silly like that, which is so friggin' easy to find (not that you'd need to look it up, cause everyone should already know that without even bothering to find it)? Obviously my questions weren't all that difficult since both have been answered correctly and fairly quickly at that.

This question, for the most part, was irrelevant.

What im saying is, thers no way to test someones knowledge of a boxer on an internet forum like this. This guy is taking it way to far and taking it personal that i know alout about ali, by challenging me and trolling me around this forum. He needs to grow up, relax and take a chill pill. He is really taking the fact that i am knowledgable about his favorite fighter so personal

Yogi
11-19-2005, 08:10 PM

What im saying is, thers no way to test someones knowledge of a boxer on an internet forum like this. This guy is taking it way to far and taking it personal that i know alout about ali, by challenging me and trolling me around this forum. He needs to grow up, relax and take a chill pill. He is really taking the fact that i am knowledgable about his favorite fighter so personal

Hey understand, my friend, as I personally thinks it's silly to brag about being an Ali expert considering he's, by far, the most written about fighter in the history of the sport, as well as the most adored by the fans. The boxing world & various internet forums are packed right full of Ali experts, so it's really nothing overly impressive for someone to claim that they know a lot about him...Heck, even casual fans of the sport, who have no interest in the history of it, have a good amount of knowledge of him and his boxing career. And ****, even the non-boxing fans out there have heard of Ali, and at least know a little something about him...

It'd be very, very impressive for someone to say that they were a "George Godfrey or Joe Jeannette expert" or some other largely unknown fighter like that and then proceed to speak of the fighter. But to brag openly about being an "Ali expert"...sorry, but comparatively speaking, all of us boxing fans are Ali experts to one degree or another.

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 08:10 PM

i'm just stating the fact that you were challenging me and taunting me first, and now you're backing down.

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey understand, my friend, as I personally thinks it's silly to brag about being an Ali expert considering he's, by far, the most written about fighter in the history of the sport, as well as the most adored by the fans. The boxing world & various internet forums are packed right full of Ali experts, so it's really nothing overly impressive for someone to claim that they know a lot about him...Heck, even casual fans of the sport, who have no interest in the history of it, have a good amount of knowledge of him and his boxing career. And ****, even the non-boxing fans out there have heard of Ali, and at least know a little something about him...

It'd be very, very impressive for someone to say that they were a "George Godfrey or Joe Jeannette expert" or some other largely unknown fighter like that and then proceed to speak of the fighter. But to brag openly about being an "Ali expert"...sorry, but comparatively speaking, all of us boxing fans are Ali experts to one degree or another.

well heres the thing, i just wanted to push this butterfly guy's buttons. all he talks about is ali this, ali that, i know the most, yada yada, and i do know alot about ali, but i was totally messing with this guy and he cried and whined about it for hours. then he really started to piss me off, and now were here. all i want is for this guy to stop being such a tool and take a chill pill.
your backing down from a challenge, you talked crap about me etc etc.
i gurantee thats what coming next

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 08:16 PM
i'm just stating the fact that you were challenging me and taunting me first, and now you're backing down.

why am i not suprised by your annoying, juvenille comments?

Skydog
11-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Jesus, will you 2 kids take it to some other forum?

Easy-E
11-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Jesus, will you 2 kids take it to some other forum?

who the **** are you?

Dempsey 1919
11-19-2005, 10:17 PM
why am i not suprised by your annoying, juvenille comments?

alright, lets call a truce.

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 02:24 AM
alright, lets call a truce.

fine, im getting sick of this ****

you know ali, i know ali, hes my fav fighter, hes you fav fighter

no reason we shouldnt get along

TuPrincipe
11-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Awww...

And the little kids make a truce.

*piano plays in the background*

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 03:29 AM
Awww...

And the little kids make a truce.

*piano plays in the background*

so why are you being an immature ******* and getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you?

Verstyle
11-20-2005, 03:37 AM
so why are you being an immature ******* and getting involved in something that has nothing to do with you?

u and butterfly still beefin?

TuPrincipe
11-20-2005, 03:55 AM

pwned pwned pwned pwned !!

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 05:11 AM
u and butterfly still beefin?

nah, were cool

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 05:11 AM
pwned pwned pwned pwned !!

why am i not suprised you couldnt think of a comeback?

Dempsey 1919
11-20-2005, 03:44 PM
why am i not suprised you couldnt think of a comeback?

how come you ain't got no points?

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 04:13 PM
how come you ain't got no points?

i have over 50 mill rite now, bc i just lost a bunch
there in the bank

Dempsey 1919
11-20-2005, 04:24 PM
i have over 50 mill rite now, bc i just lost a bunch
there in the bank

what bank?

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 04:35 PM
ok, if you look at the toolbar, click on store, then bank
you can bank your points and get intrest on them

Dempsey 1919
11-20-2005, 04:45 PM
ok, if you look at the toolbar, click on store, then bank
you can bank your points and get intrest on them

woooord? thanks! :)

Easy-E
11-20-2005, 04:57 PM
woooord? thanks! :)

not a problem

Dempsey 1919
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
how could someone vote for jeffries in the poll, but not dempsey?

j
11-21-2005, 05:24 PM
jeez, more "who is....." threads.

i just voted for my boy jack johnson, dominated for nearly a decade defeating tommy burns for the title in 1908 and defending it against such notables as philly jack o'brien, al kaufman, stanley ketchel, the boilermaker jim jeffries, fireman jim flynn, and sam mcvey.

during his career, he also faced and beat klondide john haines, jack jeffries(jim's younger bro), denver ed martin, joe jennette, bob fitzsimmons, sam langford, and should've been awarded the decision from marvin hart.

j
11-21-2005, 05:29 PM
butterfly, jeffries dominated for 10 friggin' years against most of the best(and yeah, he did fight some black fighters most notably peter jackson - he just never gave him a title shot).

Dempsey 1919
11-21-2005, 05:36 PM
butterfly, jeffries dominated for 10 friggin' years against most of the best(and yeah, he did fight some black fighters most notably peter jackson - he just never gave him a title shot).

dempsey had alot more fights. and jeffries ducked many black fighters, including johnson.

Dempsey 1919
03-04-2007, 01:56 AM
bump......