View Full Version : Lets say Henderson has a 5-rounder cardio

led
12-11-2011, 05:40 AM
How do you think he fares against Jon Jones. I dont know the outcome but I see Jones biggest test is Hendo.

dan_cov
12-11-2011, 05:47 AM
I don't think Hendo has the footwork, movement or tools to get in range, Jones would pick him apart at will.

Only fighter I see with a chance to beat Jones is maybe Mousasi who isn't even in the UFC.

Harry Balls
12-11-2011, 06:00 AM
hendos wrestling is not what it used to be. Hes gonna end up on his back in the first round, and get brutally punished.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sick of Jon Jones, but hes going to absolutely destroy Hendo.

Only chance hendo has is if jon jones decides to strike with him, and even then he will have a hard time connecting with that distance to overcome.

Virgil Caine
12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
My opinion on this potential fight, really hasn't changed, although I think it was slightly augmented by the Machida fight.

I think that for Henderson it is a very winnable fight.

I also think that Hendo would need a knockout, I don't think he can hang with Jones if it goes to the later rounds.

But I do think that the Old Mongoose (Hendo seems fitting of Archie Moore's nickname by now, what the hell why not) could teach the young gun a trick or two, and he may well be able to stop him in the early going

Virgil Caine
12-12-2011, 02:16 PM
hendos wrestling is not what it used to be. Hes gonna end up on his back in the first round, and get brutally punished.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sick of Jon Jones, but hes going to absolutely destroy Hendo.

Only chance hendo has is if jon jones decides to strike with him, and even then he will have a hard time connecting with that distance to overcome.

Hendo is still good early.

And I wouldn't read so much into this idea that Hendo's wrestling has dramatically declined. When he got started, he relied a lot, almost exclusively, on his wrestling. He's gradually moved away from that style of fighting over time. He also fell in love a bit with his power.

But a win for Hendo would definitely be based on the striking game. For example, in the Anderson Silva fight, he couldn't outstrike his opponent, and that was the start of his undoing (I haven't watched the fight for a while, and would need to watch it again to be really sure). I think that Hendo will be superior to Jones in the standup. And in fact, I don't think Jones will be able to impose his wrestling all too much, being that he relies a lot on the greco roman style, and Hendo is a 2 time Olympian in greco roman, for fuks sake. But that doesn't mean Jones can't get a trip takedown or two, as a fight is a fight and athletes squaring off presents a new look and a new game. I'm just saying it would be, I think, a difficult fight for Jones, although I think Hendo will only be good for a couple of rounds tops.

Virgil Caine
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I forgot to mention, Hendo also has a chin made of iron. The guy's chin is really, really good. So, he basically outstrikes people based on his power, his chin, and his timing.

Unknown Champ
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
As much as i like hendo you guys are all wrong. Jones will crush Hendo he is to limited and slow.

kaps
12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Hendo will go down faster than a blonde on prom night. Jones ego will tell him to trade with Hendo but Greg Jackson will nix that idea with the quickness. Jones will doubleleg him and gnp....

Virgil Caine
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
As much as i like hendo you guys are all wrong. Jones will crush Hendo he is to limited and slow.

Hendo has a good shot if he can win by early KO.

Otherwise, it is all Jones.

Everyone knows that Hendo is a little bit slow, but timing beats speed and he is good at timing his strikes.

Virgil Caine
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Hendo will go down faster than a blonde on prom night. Jones ego will tell him to trade with Hendo but Greg Jackson will nix that idea with the quickness. Jones will doubleleg him and gnp....

The guy is too arrogant, do you really think he will listen to Jackson's advice? He might listen a little bit, but I find it more likely that he would get buzzed in the early going and then fish for a takedown. I'm saying, I don't think Hendo's chances in this fight are that great, but he does have a shot early on. I don't think Hendo can fight a full 5 rounds, hell just go back to the Jackson fight if you need to. In the Shogun fight, he really did shoot his load, although once again, he fades. The guy's like 42 so it's sort of how it goes really. But early on, he is still a threat to anybody in the world, at any weight class pretty much. And he has as much experience as basically anybody, and more than 98% out there.

Dorian
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Dan is going to get the roids beat out of him by JBJ, guaranteed.

BALLISTIC
12-13-2011, 07:39 PM
lol hendo is another rampage...jones will pick hendo apart and tko him..come on..only fighter out there left is evans and anderson silva

hendo who lost to jake shields..LOL..no chance in hell..

Boxingtech718v2
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM
"IF" is irrelevant might as well say what if Hendo had the quickness of Anderson Silva too.
As is Hendo has that monster right hand so he has a punchers chance. I could also see him going for a TD and GnP TKO.
But if it gets past 2 rounds and jones isn't hurt Hendo's a.s.s is grass.

$Full Clip$
12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
5 round cardio i think hendo lands easily not to mention Its brings back his sick grecco which has been a nonfactor because It takes to big a toll on him.

Ekscape
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Let's keep it real... No one is gonna beat Jon Jones unless one time he beats him self; becomes lazy, over confident in the ring... That dude is the most unstoppable person to ever grace MMA (since Anderson Silva)

BALLISTIC
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Let's keep it real... No one is gonna beat Jon Jones unless one time he beats him self; becomes lazy, over confident in the ring... That dude is the most unstoppable person to ever grace MMA (since Anderson Silva)

well said...if silva had jones ground game..that would be insane..

Money Shot
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
I think Henderson will test him more than the last two opponents, but it does show the depth isn't really there in MMA at that weight. The rest are a much of a muchness.

$Full Clip$
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I think Henderson will test him more than the last two opponents, but it does show the depth isn't really there in MMA at that weight. The rest are a much of a muchness.

I dont know man Gustafon is somebody to look out for he just oblitered matt hamil. Hes about to obkiterate the janitor. Ever since the davis loss hes become a much more complete fighter. His takedown defense is getting better and hes a lethal versatile striker whos only an inch or 2 shorter then jones so the reach wont be as lopsided as jones fighting hendo, machida or page.

Theirs other promising talents coming up too i think the best thing is let jones take a break til summer until some young stars come up. Te Huna is a physical beast too i swear i was scared to death when he KOd his last opponent. When people talking about somebody veinte able to KO a horse their talking about him. The mans power is absolutely r
idiculous. Light Heavyweight has always been the deepest divison even if jon jones makes it look easy Its only the roy jones it anderson silva effect.

Money Shot
12-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I dont know man Gustafon is somebody to look out for he just oblitered matt hamil. Hes about to obkiterate the janitor. Ever since the davis loss hes become a much more complete fighter. His takedown defense is getting better and hes a lethal versatile striker whos only an inch or 2 shorter then jones so the reach wont be as lopsided as jones fighting hendo, machida or page.

Theirs other promising talents coming up too i think the best thing is let jones take a break til summer until some young stars come up. Te Huna is a physical beast too i swear i was scared to death when he KOd his last opponent. When people talking about somebody veinte able to KO a horse their talking about him. The mans power is absolutely r
idiculous. Light Heavyweight has always been the deepest divison even if jon jones makes it look easy Its only the roy jones it anderson silva effect.

These guys are good prospects but they're both giving away 8-9 inches of reach to Jones which is a huge edge. I think a Sonnen or Barnett level ground and pound could possibly do the job but they're both in the wrong division.

-Swizzy-
12-17-2011, 02:49 AM
How do you think he fares against Jon Jones. I dont know the outcome but I see Jones biggest test is Hendo.

its not just cardio. Its Jones' skills. Hendo's punches are killer, but he doesn't have enough skill or reach to get to Jones. Jones wouldn't let Hendo land.

If Hendo had 5 round cardio, it would be a Decision win for Jones.