View Full Version : What can you do with Frank Mir?

Dice
12-11-2011, 03:52 AM
That was a crazy fight and Frank always brings it, i dont care if it took a year and knocked Mirko the FUK out, and he whooped Roy Nelson's ass and did like 3 5-point o-goshi throws on his 800 pound ass and people wonder how he got tired in the third round, he still whopped him and got no credit for him.

But thats the problem, he's to good for the lower half of the top ten heavyweights let alone the mid level ones but he'd get smashed by the top level heavyweights and the ufc pays him too much money for him to be a gatekeeper.

This fight proved it for me. I dont think Nog can beat the top tier heavyweights, he's not in his prime no more but hes still a beast, his chin cant take them like it used to and he's had a lot of surgeries, and now even worst, his arm got snapped. I thought Mir was supposed to beat todays version of Nog but nog put up a hell of a fight. Big Nog impressed me with his stand up and his hip game on the ground is rediculous, dont forget he got right back up from the first takedown, and i give frank all credit for his grappling acumen but Nog gave him that fight his positioning when he mounted Mir was picture perfect as well as the way frank was holding up his was, picture perfect setting for a tko finish, like pretty much gaurenteed, just keep punching him, especially since nogs punches were landing from top position and either put him to sleep or wait fo the ref to come in. If nog would have keep punching the ref most def would have stopped if as mir was just covering up and not even moving much if at all and his career would have been at a new fever pitch, now its thrown back to what it is with all the past prime fighters.

And that leaves Mir- Carwin, Dos Santos, Overeem, Cain, none of those guys are gonna go for a submission if they are on top of you, even more now after seeing this fight, they are gonna keep blasting so if a past prime Nog was moments from finishing him how can he fare against the top dudes. And Dana is not gonna wanna pay him his current salary to fight guys like stefan struve

kaps
12-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Strikeforce....

Gojira
12-11-2011, 09:03 AM
We can feed him to JDS, Cain or Overeem. Preferably in that order.

N!GGALAS CAGE
12-11-2011, 09:31 AM
We can feed him to JDS, Cain or Overeem. Preferably in that order.

I'd like to see Mir get his head ripped off my Overeem first, for all the **** he's been talking.

And throw in another Brock beatdown just for the hell of it.

Mohammedini
12-11-2011, 02:07 PM
WTF? Frank coming off an amazing submission victory of Nogeira and you pathetic puss'ies gonna cry about it and pray that he gets KTFO?
So winning a fight over a beloved fighter like Nog is so horrible?
Sometimes mma fans are embarrassing :nonono:.
so emotional....
Were you all bullying victims or something? a fighter can't be confident? :rofl:

mma fans= crybabies

ƒallenloki
12-11-2011, 02:17 PM
You put him in there against a better HW and see how he does.

This is the fight game peeps, it is not that complicated.

kaps
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
WTF? Frank coming off an amazing submission victory of Nogeira and you pathetic puss'ies gonna cry about it and pray that he gets KTFO?
so emotional....
Were you all bullying victims or something? a fighter can't be confident? :rofl:

mma fans= crybabies

LOL What the **** are you talking about? Nobody said **** about his win over Nog. Most people who follow the sport just know he doesn't stand a chance against the top guys. If it's Cage's comment you're referring too. Frank Mir has been talking **** about Overeem....

-Swizzy-
12-11-2011, 03:27 PM
the next sensible fight for him would be against Cain for a title shot.

If he losses, he has to start his way back up again. If he losses too many fights in a row, then he retires. Simple.

.Mik.
12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Aye. Cain is the sensible fight.

Money Shot
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Mir is still pretty lousy. Just don't jump in too quickly when he's hurt.

N!GGALAS CAGE
12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
so emotional....

mma fans= crybabies

Yeah, I love Nogueira, but that has nothing to do with why I don't like Mir. I don't like him for the following reasons:

1. Mir's a douchebag.

2. He's one of the most overrated fighter today. He's does well against the Kongos, Sylvias, Tank Abbotts and Wes Simms (lol) in the world and old PRIDE worn fighters like Nog and Cro Cop, but he fails miserably against any good prime fighter with decent stand up or wrestling.

3. He's a douchebag.

4. Mir makes excuses constantly about his weight. He's either too heavy or too light for his fights. But he had the nerve to mock Big Nog's excuse the first time when he just recovered from staph infection, which is an actual legit excuse.

5. He a ****ing douchebag.

Sick sub or not, I can't stand the guy.

Dice
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Frank Mir has top level stand up and submissions but his chin cant withstand the power of the monster heavyweights and he doesnt have the wrestling to really finish none of the top wrestlers in the division with his bjj, unfortunately while bjj is def better for style points in regards towards finishing opponents, its no match for the positioning proficiency that wrestling instills in guys since day one, once wrestlers learned how to defend submissions, they added in the positioning they already knew from wrestling and rode out wins through decisions, hences DJ's win over Torres, Davis's win over Lil Nog etc.

I'd like to see Mir fight Werdum to be honest i think Werdum is a top HW but is in a similar position as mir if not worst because Mir has stand up

kaps
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM
I say Barnett vs Mir.....

Joeyzagz
12-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Nice to see Americans take it to the Brazilians in UFC.

First Hendo thrashes Shogun, now Mir crpples Nog.

F l i c k e r
12-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Too bad Mir just ain't that good.

He still can't beat the super heavyweights.

And he'd get ktfo fighting the hw with hands.

Gojira
12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Very classless of him to brag about how he was the first to KO him and the first to sub him while Nog is lying there with a mutilated arm.

Oh well, watching him get repeatedly punched in the head while trying for the submission until he couldnt stand against Ian freeman will make me feel better.

dough401
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I love Nogueira, but that has nothing to do with why I don't like Mir. I don't like him for the following reasons:

1. Mir's a douchebag.
2. He's one of the most overrated fighter today. He's does well against the Kongos, Sylvias, Tank Abbotts and Wes Simms (lol) in the world and old PRIDE worn fighters like Nog and Cro Cop, but he fails miserably against any good prime fighter with decent stand up or wrestling.

3. He's a douchebag.
4. Mir makes excuses constantly about his weight. He's either too heavy or too light for his fights. But he had the nerve to mock Big Nog's excuse the first time when he just recovered from staph infection, which is an actual legit excuse.

5. He a ****ing douchebag.

Sick sub or not, I can't stand the guy.

Best thing Ive seen all morning...:boxing:

Dice
12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Very classless of him to brag about how he was the first to KO him and the first to sub him while Nog is lying there with a mutilated arm.

Oh well, watching him get repeatedly punched in the head while trying for the submission until he couldnt stand against Ian freeman will make me feel better.

Classless or not thats a hell of an accomplishment, whoops on him cuz he had a staph infection, gets whooped on by a healthy Nog oonly to capitalize on a dumb Nog mistake and be the first to submit him, Nog had no one to blame but himself, had he just kept pounding away he couldnt sent a messagw right to Dana, the fans and the rest of the division. I'm not gonna lie im really urked about that fight. Huge minotauro fan, he JUST SEEN MINOTORO BEAT TITO WITH GNP and he was in a BETTER position then Minotoro was, Frank was literally toast!

The fight is important to any current or aspiring mma fighter, one mistake, giving up one golden oppertunity can lead to very bad things!

Not only did Nog give up a sure win, he gave Mir, another sick grappler time to recover, then not only did he lose but he lost in a way thats gonna feast on his ego for a looooong time and now he's forced to sit through an injury/surgery for having pride/lapse of judgement

Marshall89
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM

Not really bruv. He said Nog's his hero and it was an honour to fight him again, he was pissed cos Nog basically played down the first win against him and Nog was saying he's gonna smash Mir in the pre-fight build up.

If Mir was to lose some weight and Dana sanctioned a 225lb division then Mir would be better suited to that!!

Ya'll are slating Mir just now saying he's a poor fighter n dat, but wasn't he the youngest ever UFC champion in 2004 or 2005? and then he had a major motorcycle accident and had to give up the belt...
Can't remember what damage it did to him but i ent seein it as it's improved/helped him as a fighter lol

kaps
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Honestly, if Mir ever wants to hold a title again he should probably go to Strikeforce. Although I can't see him beating Cormier, Barnett, or Werdum. Maybe Bellator....

Dorian
12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
He's a very good gatekeeper, the best one at HW.

He could fight Shane Carwin or Cain Velaszquez as their rebound fight or he could face the loser of Overeem/Lesnar, hell he could even face Travis Browne when Dana decides to up Browne's competition.

He has a lot of good fights lined up right now.

-Swizzy-
12-17-2011, 02:39 AM
yeah, Mir is pretty good.

still think his ground game is underrated though. I don't think ppl know how advanced Mir's submissions skills really are. Non-Brazilians seem to get less credit for their BJJ than Brazilians do.

I think even after this fight ppl will say that the Nogeuira's have better BJJ than Mir.