View Full Version : Dana White and UFC are scum. UFC fighters get 10-11% of revenue

TR vs. GB
12-07-2011, 08:54 PM
That is fukin bull***** the ufc is garbage for treating their fighters like this. Say what you will about Arum, Schaefer, Dibella, King, and Frank Warren actually pay their fighters real money. Fuk UFC dont support that **** those fighters are working for slave wages.

TR vs. GB
12-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Boxers get about 75-80% of revenure.

Elie
12-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I heard that UFC fighters get paid under the table, which means they get a lot more than the 10% that is reported.

TR vs. GB
12-07-2011, 09:11 PM
I heard that UFC fighters get paid under the table, which means they get a lot more than the 10% that is reported.

why would they pay them under the table that is just stupid? Its just something stupid ufc/mma fans make up to seem like their fighters make a lot more than what they are actually getting.

monaroCountry
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM

Bull sh1t they do, thats why you have Rampage crapping on about how much he got paid and why he was complaining about fighter slave wages while Dana "boxercise" White gets to cruise around in his Ferrari's.

Why the f would they get paid undisclosed under the table (shady) money? :spank:

ƒallenloki
12-07-2011, 10:33 PM
MMA fighters get paid garbage except for the top 5 or so P4P guys

N!GGALAS CAGE
12-07-2011, 11:25 PM

Under the table? There is no logic in that. UFC fighters are not illegal aliens.

While they do make extra money with sponsors and bonuses, only top fighters make around six figures and that's six figures as in just about five figures, but nowhere near seven.

A big name like GSP makes over a mil per fight, but only about half of that comes from Zuffa.

N!GGALAS CAGE
12-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Unknown fighters in prelims make around $3000 per fight.

F l i c k e r
12-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Who cares?

Still get paid more than you do in 3 months with just one fight.

Add sponsors, working at the gyms a lot of them own and all that other crap. These guys are living fine.

Darkstar
12-08-2011, 12:16 AM
U
Fight
Cheap

Danny Gunz
12-08-2011, 04:38 AM
You cant really compare them to boxers, because the top boxers make a **** load of money then there is a HUGE drop off.

With UFC the top guys make six figures, and everyone else makes a respectable salary even the journeymen

Cloud
12-08-2011, 05:02 AM
IMO its better than **** all from the small, almost non existant MMA shows. Id be grateful to earn the couple of thousand the UFC guys get tbh.

shadeyfizzle
12-08-2011, 05:18 AM
Unknown fighters in prelims make around $3000 per fight.

That's a hell of a lot more than unknown boxers in prelims make. And on top of that they're eligible for the same bonuses main eventers are.

So hypotheticaly an unknown ufc fighter can make over 60,000 in 1fight which isnt even a crumb for top boxers but a hell of a lot more than an unknown boxer would make fighting 6-7x a year.

TR vs. GB
12-08-2011, 05:59 AM
You cant really compare them to boxers, because the top boxers make a **** load of money then there is a HUGE drop off.

With UFC the top guys make six figures, and everyone else makes a respectable salary even the journeymen

not true man a lot of the journeymen make under 25k a year. That is not a respectable salary.

TR vs. GB
12-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Its not even about how much money they actually make even it is why are they only receiving 10% when every night they go out there and put their lives on the line? The NBA just had a lockout (granted the NBA is much larger and more profitable than UFC) where the players union was fighting tooth and nail to get and got the players to receive about 52% of the revenue. All NBA players try to do is put a ball in a hole although I really enjoying watching. The fighters are really being treated terribly. Here is what fedor had to say about ufc and I completely agree.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hekom_2uu8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Virgil Caine
12-08-2011, 07:48 AM

When you have guys on the undercard of the biggest promotion earning like 3k (and that's before you consider their overhead like training fees, and training in a name gym is not cheap, unlike the innercity boxing gyms for example) your point really doesn't hold any water. And then, there are the regional shows where, just like in the case of regional shows in boxing, you will have guys earning a few hundred bucks to show. The fighters are underpaid, it is pretty well known at this point.

Naps
12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I agree they should get mnore of a cut, but I don't feel sorry for them. They still get plenty of cash, and plenty of minge as well I'm sure.

Konstantin
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Comparing journeymen UFC fighters to journeymen boxers isn't fair at all. UFC is an organization, like the NBA - the worst NBA players still make a lot of money because there is a skill floor you need to reach to become a NBA player, just like there is a skill floor you need to reach to make it into the UFC (celebrity status can negate that). But there are other "leagues" and the salaries are a lot worse for the journeymen of those leagues... Probably very similar to boxing.

Dorian
12-08-2011, 07:18 PM
GSP makes about 450k per fight. He also gets sponsor money and PPV money and possible fight awards. He makes 450k on paper but probably close to 1 million when it's all added together and he's their most marketable fighter(Besides Lesnar)

It's still money at the end of the day BUT Floyd made in 2 fights as much as GSP has made in his whole career.

G A M E
12-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Comparing journeymen UFC fighters to journeymen boxers isn't fair at all. UFC is an organization, like the NBA - the worst NBA players still make a lot of money because there is a skill floor you need to reach to become a NBA player, just like there is a skill floor you need to reach to make it into the UFC (celebrity status can negate that). But there are other "leagues" and the salaries are a lot worse for the journeymen of those leagues... Probably very similar to boxing.

journeymen boxers can negotiate what they get, can UFC journeymen do that? quick question

Grapes
12-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Under the table? There is no logic in that. UFC fighters are not illegal aliens.

While they do make extra money with sponsors and bonuses, only top fighters make around six figures and that's six figures as in just about five figures, but nowhere near seven.

A big name like GSP makes over a mil per fight, but only about half of that comes from Zuffa.

if it's under the table it's clearly so they can save on taxes and **** by declaring less money than what they actually make

Virgil Caine
12-09-2011, 05:43 AM
if it's under the table it's clearly so they can save on taxes and **** by declaring less money than what they actually make
Really? I'm going to call the IRS.

What you said is a myth.

Steak
12-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Theres no way a multimillion dollar business like the UFC pays their fighters under the table. The IRS would be all over that ****, they want blood and they wont be denied.

The 'under the table' bs is just something delusional fanboys say to pretend that the UFC doesnt rip their fighters off, when in fact its common knowledge that the money the fighters should be earning for themselves is simply going to the UFCs advertising budget.

F l i c k e r
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Why do you all care so much?

I don't see any of the lesser known UFC fighters, not mma in general, UFC fighters. Like Kampann, Gamburyan, or Kim living in studio apartments or like Hideo Tokoro before he got famous.

Obviously they aren't doing that bad.

Danny Gunz
12-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Theres no way a multimillion dollar business like the UFC pays their fighters under the table. The IRS would be all over that ****, they want blood and they wont be denied.

The 'under the table' bs is just something delusional fanboys say to pretend that the UFC doesnt rip their fighters off, when in fact its common knowledge that the money the fighters should be earning for themselves is simply going to the UFCs advertising budget.

Hahaha yeah I worked at a decent sized bar and got paid under the table and they eventually got slammed for paying some employees under the table. The UFC would get sniffed out immediately for that.

monaroCountry
12-10-2011, 05:37 AM
Shady UFC already has enough trouble with the IRS, im sure not lodging in fighter payment is one of them. In saying that, Carwin did make 25k while a champ and fighting in one of the biggest cards against lesnar. Even low level albiet known boxers would sh1t on that amount.

Virgil Caine
12-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Why do you all care so much?

I don't see any of the lesser known UFC fighters, not mma in general, UFC fighters. Like Kampann, Gamburyan, or Kim living in studio apartments or like Hideo Tokoro before he got famous.

Obviously they aren't doing that bad.

You make a good point.

Most of these guys are living in decent housing.

And, they at least have a job, which is saying something in this economy.

And, at least they can go to work, earn a steady income, and enjoy a good deal of job security to boot.

At the end of the day, these guys can retire at around 65, and ride off into their golden years, with a pension in tow.

Oh wait, you see what I did there?

Flicker, get a clue man.