View Full Version : Frazier Destruction or Moorer one-bomber?

Dempsey 1919
11-09-2005, 02:11 PM
what was george foreman's biggest win of his career?

jabsRstiff
11-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Joe Frazier is an all-time great. Foreman beat him with one of history's all-time destructions.

Michael Moorer was a fragile-chinned, fragile-minded fighter....
but, George's KO over him was special because of when in George's life/carerr it happened.

I say the Frazier win is Foreman's biggest, & easily at that.

VERSION1 (V1)
11-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Joe Frazier is an all-time great. Foreman beat him with one of history's all-time destructions.

Michael Moorer was a fragile-chinned, fragile-minded fighter....
but, George's KO over him was special because of when in George's life/carerr it happened.

I say the Frazier win is Foreman's biggest, & easily at that.
yea but double m was almost half his age and he made history that night so that the biggest win

jabsRstiff
11-09-2005, 03:58 PM
yea but double m was almost half his age and he made history that night so that the biggest win

"double m" may have been half Foreman's age.....but was also 1/10 the fighter Frazier was.

VERSION1 (V1)
11-09-2005, 04:18 PM
"double m" may have been half Foreman's age.....but was also 1/10 the fighter Frazier was.
yea he was but nobody gave a 45 year formen a chance and he was losing to double m he walk thur somking joe twice

jabsRstiff
11-09-2005, 04:21 PM
yea he was but nobody gave a 45 year formen a chance and he was losing to double m he walk thur somking joe twice

Frazier was favored to beat Foreman the first time.

VERSION1 (V1)
11-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Frazier was favored to beat Foreman the first time.
that because joe beat ali and foreman was untested

jabsRstiff
11-09-2005, 04:46 PM
that because joe beat ali and foreman was untested

Isn't that usually why one guy is favored over the other....because he's proven more ?

VERSION1 (V1)
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Isn't that usually why one guy is favored over the other....because he's proven more ?
yea but double m was favored because of age if you can tell me that their will be someone else that can win the belt at 45 or older than i say the first fight with joe.

habZ
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Foreman was 'made' after he destroyed Frazier :)

Lucky466
11-09-2005, 09:38 PM
George Foreman's best win from a boxing history point of view was Fraiser. But what made him famous and the sort of hero he is now was the Moorer win.

Dempsey 1919
11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
these are some interesting views. keep the posts coming!

VERSION1 (V1)
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
George Foreman's best win from a boxing history point of view was Fraiser. But what made him famous and the sort of hero he is now was the Moorer win.
how was that more of history for boxing i think him become the oldest is more of history in boxing just like tyson become the youngest heavyweight ever

fistlegend
11-10-2005, 05:39 PM
THE FRAZIER fight, was the defining moment in foremans career because he won the belt for the first time in his life and he beat a man who was meant to be virtually unbeatable with ease he got ko'ed

VERSION1 (V1)
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
THE FRAZIER fight, was the defining moment in foremans career because he won the belt for the first time in his life and he beat a man who was meant to be virtually unbeatable with ease he got ko'ed
he was reconzied more for losing to ali and Jimmy Young than his wins over frazier. the moorer fight made him a media icon

Dempsey 1919
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
its a tough call. let's examine this.

1973: a prime foreman(24) destroyed a prime frazier, a hw great.

1994: an over the hill foreman(45) was loosing on points before he knocked out a prime moorer, a very good hw late in the fight with one punch.

take into consideration for foreman-frazier I:
-frazier was a much greater fighter than moorer.
-foreman, a no name at the time beat frazier, but was well known when he beat moorer.

take into consideration for foreman-moorer:
-boxing evolved from 1976 when he retired till 1994, and he still won the title.
-foreman was 21 years older and about 40lbs. heavier.
-it was one punch that did it. with frazier it took a lot of punches to get a tko.
-an upset like the frazier fight was known to be possible. a 40+ man winning the title was thought to be impossible.

and the winner is.........Foreman-Moorer.

marvdave
11-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Frazier is by far his biggest win, but the Moorer fight did wonders for his Grill sales. :D

Skydog
11-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I just think it's amazing how different Foreman was in his comeback. In the 70's, he rarely talked, tried to intimidate, and thought that being an evil monster on the outside would vulnerability on the inside. He was hated in the 70's.

In his comeback, people still hated him at the beginning, for they thought he would be the exact same, only 20 years older. However, he was humorous, talked a lot, and made people like him. Instead of his evil, menacing scowl, he had a warm, teddy-bear like smile.

Foreman once said: "The reason I won the fight against Moorer was because the crowd was behind me and keeping me standing. It reminded me of Zaire 20 years ago, for I believe the crowd's desire for Muhammad to win was what kept him on his feet." Foreman could have never said something like that in the 70's, for no one cheered for him.

Sometimes showing a side of vulnerability helps.

Dempsey 1919
11-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I just think it's amazing how different Foreman was in his comeback. In the 70's, he rarely talked, tried to intimidate, and thought that being an evil monster on the outside would vulnerability on the inside. He was hated in the 70's.

In his comeback, people still hated him at the beginning, for they thought he would be the exact same, only 20 years older. However, he was humorous, talked a lot, and made people like him. Instead of his evil, menacing scowl, he had a warm, teddy-bear like smile.

Foreman once said: "The reason I won the fight against Moorer was because the crowd was behind me and keeping me standing. It reminded me of Zaire 20 years ago, for I believe the crowd's desire for Muhammad to win was what kept him on his feet." Foreman could have never said something like that in the 70's, for no one cheered for him.

hmm, i never thought about it that way. maybe that's why max baer got beat by braddock!

VERSION1 (V1)
11-14-2005, 12:52 PM
its a tough call. let's examine this.

1973: a prime foreman(24) destroyed a prime frazier, a hw great.

1994: an over the hill foreman(45) was loosing on points before he knocked out a prime moorer, a very good hw late in the fight with one punch.

take into consideration for foreman-frazier I:
-frazier was a much greater fighter than moorer.
-foreman, a no name at the time beat frazier, but was well known when he beat moorer.

take into consideration for foreman-moorer:
-boxing evolved from 1976 when he retired till 1994, and he still won the title.
-foreman was 21 years older and about 40lbs. heavier.
-it was one punch that did it. with frazier it took a lot of punches to get a tko.
-an upset like the frazier fight was known to be possible. a 40+ man winning the title was thought to be impossible.

and the winner is.........Foreman-Moorer.
that what i been saying all a long

Dempsey 1919
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
bump......

hemichromis
03-04-2007, 02:28 AM
career-wise the frazier fight was the biggest. after being well protected in his first 40 or so fights he goes in with the champ and destroys him.

but personally i think the foreman -moorer fight was the best. after being pounded on for 10 LONG rounds foreman brings out the power that made him great and KO's Double M.

Beautiful!!

hemichromis
03-04-2007, 02:33 AM

foreman wanted to be loved when he was young but it just didn't happen so he took it out on every boxer he faced. foreman hated ali because he embodied everything foreman wanted in his career.

it is kind of poetic that after 20 years he finally becomes a fan favourite