View Full Version : M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

monaroCountry
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Vadim offers a deal that Cain Velasquez OR the UFC cant refuse, a fight between Cain (who is no longer under the Championships Clause) and the GOAT Fedor.

This fight will be in Russia with M1 handling the event and costs, the event will definitely be shown in Prime time with viewer numbers that would make UFC's 5.7 million viewers look pedestrian, it will have state backing, will have ticket prices that would make even Dana's head spin, and im sure that the stadium would be packed to the rafters especially with state backing. They could even hold it in Luzhniki Stadium which holds 78,000.

Russia is a closed book as far as UFC goes, theyve been trying to get into the country and grow without success, their brand and promotion means very little as far as MMA is concerned in Russia and that region.

This is a shot across the bow, either for Zuffa to shut up about trying to show the best fights that fans want to see (this is their chance) or for Cain V to take this fight against the GOAT with or without Zuffa (afterall now that hes lost he is no longer under the Championship Clause).

M-1 Global intends to organize a fight Emelianenko - Velazquez in Moscow

http://www.championat.com/boxing/_mma/news-999347-m-1-global-namerena-organizovat-poedinok-emeljanenko---velaskes-v-moskve.html
Translated using Google Translate

A source told "Chempionat.com" Constantine Ustyantseva,, M-1 Global intends to begin negotiations on the organization of a duel between a Russian MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko (33-4) and former UFC heavyweight Cain Velasquez American (9-1) . Recall that on November 12 Velazquez lost his title in a fight against Junior dos Santos, having been thus first defeat of his career. According to the president of the company M-1 Vadim Finkelstein, Fedor fight - Velazquez in Moscow is able to attract many more viewers than meeting Emelianenko - Monson, and become one of the major events in the world of mixed martial arts in 2012.

"We intend to move forward and offer UFC deal, under which the M-1 is committed to organize a fight between Fedor and Velasquez in 2012 in Moscow - said Finkelstein. - I can guarantee Dana White that charges from this match in Russia will not be worse than in America, and the occupancy of the hall and did break a record attendance. M-1 is ready for dialogue, and will be happy to consider all possible options to create a tournament together. In the near future I will go forth with a proposal to his "best friend" (referring to Dan Wight. - Note. "Chempionat.com") and see what he will say.

A huge army of fans want to see this fight, and we want it, the only question is whether this will UFC? Velasquez has lost his last fight and lost the title, so why would he, instead of climbing back on top, do not agree to a meeting with one of the best fighters in history? The last tournament of the "Olympic" has shown great interest in how the Russian public to fights MMA and Fedor in particular. If we are able to negotiate with Velasquez, the excitement will be many times higher, which means that half of the arena, "Olympic," we will have enough. Now all our thoughts are directed at the organization next fight Fedor, which we hope will take place in Japan. However, the organizational details about the fight with Velasquez will be solved in parallel. "

Finkelstein also said Satoshi Ishii candidacy (4-1-1), which information the western media can be a contender for Fedor New Year tournament in Japan. "We would be interested to sign it with Ishii. First of all, because it is a very talented and promising fighter, winner of the Olympics. Secondly, he is Japanese, which means that interest in him among his fans will be great, that promises to fight Fedor even more spectacular. I can not confirm or deny that Ishii will become a rival to the New Year tournament Fedor, because now we are engaged in this issue and has not received any specifics from our Japanese colleagues. The complexity of signing contracts with Ishii is also in the that the fighter can get away from a fight with a rival such as Fyodor, fearing defeat in the early stage of career, also in their audiences. "

Dirty politics

http://mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2011/11/22/Vadim_interview/
Translated using Google Translate

President of the M-1 Global, Vadim Finkelstein said in an interview about the last tournament of M-1 Global Fedor vs Monson, about the incident with Vladimir Putin and the future plans of the organization

Vadim, congratulations to you and all fans of mixed martial arts victory with Fedor. Please tell us about your impressions of the tournament.

In the history of MMA, it was the largest tournament held in Russia and Europe. Arena housed the 22 000 spectators and was completely full. All the fights were interesting and entertaining. Each bout was his character, his individual person. In the course of the tournament was not boring fights. Not one room in Europe and Russia are not scored more than 13 thousand spectators. When in the hall there is a number of spectators, the atmosphere is completely different. When shown photos of Fedor, the whole room exploded. I am very glad that we had this event and thank the audience for their support.

[skipped Vadim's response about Putin]

Vadim, if away from politics, talk about fight Fedor.

Jeff - great pilot a fighter. I am grateful to him for his handsome manly fight. Despite the fracture, and missed punches, he kept to the last. I respect him for his courage, his character and will power. He showed himself a real fighter.

Fedor cautious and not in a hurry. He clearly acted on a plan that they have developed with coaches in the Netherlands. Fedor does not fall into the trap that he was setting Monson. He was in no hurry, quietly imposed its style duel. Did everything well planned. He considered all his mistakes and has passed all right.

The site mma mania. Com an article that you are negotiating with the UFC about a fight against Fedor Velazquez. How can you comment on that. This is a rumor or really talks underway?

I am not a negotiation. But it's a good idea. I will turn to Dana White about this fight. I am ready to discuss the holding of several fights Fedor in the U.S. and Russia. I think that such a great fight Emelianenko Velazquez will be the arena to collect up to 45 000. We can do it. Fedor insanely popular in Russia and Europe. UFC tried repeatedly to raise the arena, but there was no more than 13 000 spectators. We can make quality and beautiful show. We have just proved it.

http://mixfight.ru/storage/images/19311.jpg

All viewers have noted the good organization and a beautiful picture on the screen. Is everything was so smooth?

As an organizer, I noticed some shortcomings: it is a problem with the tickets. When tickets went on sale in some difficulty. Since the wanting to buy tickets there were many, and quotas were not under it's calculated. The excitement was far more than we could imagine. In fact the tournament, unfortunately, some people could not get into the hall. If we talk about the shortcomings, it was another - it's movies in English without subtitles in Russian. The entire video production was produced for broadcast in 120 countries, but unfortunately failed and the Russian audience was left without a title in Russian, some rollers. We regret this in the future and take into account all the shortcomings.

Assessing the work done, we believe that such a huge show with some live on the world all went very well. Fights were spectacular. No one could say that at least one fight was boring. All the spectators were satisfied.

$BloodyNate$
11-22-2011, 07:52 PM
In other words, M-1 knows they completely ****ed and drained Fedor to the very end they wanna cash out one last time.

However Fedor hits as hard if not harder then dos santos and is so fast he could put cain to sleep.

Harry Balls
11-22-2011, 08:06 PM
so still co-promotion?

what makes you or anyone else think ufc would agree to that now that fedor is irrelevant, when they didn't accept it when fedor was #1?

ƒallenloki
11-22-2011, 08:33 PM
This isn't going to happen, but it would be cool.

Fedor KO's Cain.

monaroCountry
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
In other words, M-1 knows they completely ****ed and drained Fedor to the very end they wanna cash out one last time.

However Fedor hits as hard if not harder then dos santos and is so fast he could put cain to sleep.

Packed arena in Russia with 22k in attendance even against Monson, the fight shown on the biggest Russian TV network prime time, Russian fans clamoring for more Fedor fights (and even Monson fights after his courageous showing), pledge by the State and Putin to support MMA in Russia arent signs of decline :crackhead

Fedor's next fight against Ishii who might be unknown in America but is a hero in Japan will be another block buster. Im sure that this event will garner possibly 30k or even in the 40k audience and should dwarf the UFC's 5.7 million TV viewers.

so still co-promotion?

what makes you or anyone else think ufc would agree to that now that fedor is irrelevant, when they didn't accept it when fedor was #1?

It looks to be either a co-promotion offer (since UFC is a dysmal failure in Russia) or most likely a multi-million lure to Cain to fight Fedor outside the UFC.

Lure is a very high possibility since Vadim specifically choose Cain instead of Brock (UFC cash cow who will never be let go by Zuffa) or JDS (under the championships clause). Cain is neither a Brock like cash cow or under the championships clause like JDS.

You also do know that M1 wants this fight in Russian soil with M1 as the main promoter. When in Russia, UFC better play with the big boys (M1). We all know that UFC in Russia has been pushed hard by Zuffa and failed even harder.

Harry Balls
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
im quite sure ufc has more interesting markets to worry about right now than russia. They for sure will not compromise their stance on co-promotion to partner up with m1.

cain won't leave and destroy his career for less than absurd amount of money. Something like 10 million dollars.

This won't happen. Just m-1 getting free publicity.

monaroCountry
11-23-2011, 02:15 AM
$10 million :dance::dance:

Cain isnt worth that in the first place, UFC only pays him $100k at his peak, he is past peak now.

Im sure UFC doesnt want their fighter to be exposed to outside fighters, the UFC has built too much hype into Cain (what would happen if Cain lost? UFC wall of invincibility would come crumbling down and their dominance/ranking questioned). All in all this should be great for Cain and M1. Even if Cain doesnt fight for or with M1, his pay should be boosted because he now has better negotiation powers and could demand more from the UFC.

UglyPug
11-23-2011, 03:52 AM
lol didnt fedor get beat like twice in a row? EXPOSED.

UglyPug
11-23-2011, 03:54 AM
lol thrice! hahahahahah bigfoot silva beat his ass! LOOL x 1000. . . .

UglyPug
11-23-2011, 03:55 AM
it's chuck liddell all over again. . .

Harry Balls
11-23-2011, 07:01 AM
$10 million :dance::dance:

Cain isnt worth that in the first place, UFC only pays him $100k at his peak, he is past peak now.
Cain is past his peak? Oh my dear god. Do you even watch mma?

Cains career with sponsorship, being a champ/#2 as a heavyweight with the mexican fanbase is easily worth 10 million. Gsp makes 5 million per fight all included.

Im sure UFC doesnt want their fighter to be exposed to outside fighters, the UFC has built too much hype into Cain (what would happen if Cain lost? UFC wall of invincibility would come crumbling down and their dominance/ranking questioned). All in all this should be great for Cain and M1. Even if Cain doesnt fight for or with M1, his pay should be boosted because he now has better negotiation powers and could demand more from the UFC.
Fedor is irrelevant. M-1 is irrelevant. Thats all there is to it.

Marchegiano
11-23-2011, 08:55 AM
In addition to, not in spite of, what Harry Balls says:

Have you seen Fedor vs Monson? It isn't as if he's still fighting high level athletes and losing a close battle. Dude struggle with Jeff, and got his ass beat by a slew of semi-famous high end. He looked slow and clunky in there with Monson. His gaping has gotten stupid. His guard has always been bad, and his timing is well off . Fedor would lose terribly bad to Cain. BTW I called JDS getting a first round KO. I called just landing a hand. I'm telling you Fedor can't react quick enough to catch Cain like that. Besides, saying Fedor hits harder then JDS is a bit silly. His overhand was probably harder, but Juniors uppercut and hooks kill Fedor's in form....I honestly don't think you me or anyone else has seen enough JDS to compare power, but based on the habits he's formed I'd bet on JDS.

dough401
11-23-2011, 10:14 AM
At one time this might have made sense but until Fedor goes back on a tear he isnt getting a shot at anyone in the UFC. He was the man as little as 3-4yrs ago and couldnt come to any type agrement and now he is very low on the important pole in what has beacome the fight game I myself have been a fan of Fedor for a long time but dont think just because he says he wants a fight with Cain its going to happen in Russa better go another 27-0 or start up that road again first...:boxing:

Big BRICKS
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I am not sure why all of you are counting Fedor out so easily, he has always been elusive on his feet and with the exception of Henderson, he has shown to have a good chin. Cain is a smaller heavyweight and wouldn't be able to control him on the ground like Bigfoot did. And while his heart is unquestionable, Cain's chin is less than impressive. I think that Fedor would take this via KO or submission.

Virgil Caine
11-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Cains career with sponsorship, being a champ/#2 as a heavyweight with the mexican fanbase is easily worth 10 million. Gsp makes 5 million per fight all included.

Cain has had some serious injuries of late, and it is an open question how well he can rehab and rebound from them.

Marchegiano
11-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Cain would end Monson early...

Fedor didn't look good against Monson. He looks old and beaten. His streak suggests old and beaten. I love Fedor, and would love to see him the way I saw him before. after losing in ways a prime Fedor never would over and over again. Then handling by all rights an aged world beater in a way a prime Fedor never would all seem to scream with blinding self evidence that Fedor is shot. Cain might be hurt, but he's still a young bull vs an old bull.

F l i c k e r
11-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Fedor would just get ktfo again.

The game has passed him up. His skills have diminished and he doesn't keep up an elite fitness. So he can't use skill to get over the fitness hump.

He'd be better off as a LHW or MW. He'd probably be ripped at that weight too.

I mean, Fedor with GSP fitness? He'd just toss people around with his Sambo when he can't handle the hands.

Virgil Caine
11-25-2011, 12:42 AM

Fedor didn't look good against Monson. He looks old and beaten. His streak suggests old and beaten. I love Fedor, and would love to see him the way I saw him before. after losing in ways a prime Fedor never would over and over again. Then handling by all rights an aged world beater in a way a prime Fedor never would all seem to scream with blinding self evidence that Fedor is shot. Cain might be hurt, but he's still a young bull vs an old bull.

Styles make fights. Fedor fought exceedingly cautiously, and I in fact liked this tactic. He needed a win, and he didn't take risks. I think that Fedor is still a threat to any heavyweight in the world. I think that fighting smart and cautiously gives him a better chance to beat the top guys. Fedor beat the hell out of Monson, and put him in a wheelchair. The argument that Fedor not stopping Monson is evidence that he has fallen is an artificious argument, and reflective of ignorance of combat sports.

monaroCountry
11-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Fedor would just get ktfo again.

The game has passed him up. His skills have diminished and he doesn't keep up an elite fitness. So he can't use skill to get over the fitness hump.

He'd be better off as a LHW or MW. He'd probably be ripped at that weight too.

I mean, Fedor with GSP fitness? He'd just toss people around with his Sambo when he can't handle the hands.

His skills is there and still above that of many new guys now including Cain, Brock, and JDS. Only Overeem has the same all round skills as Fedor. The problem with Fedor is that he has pretty much stopped using his ground skills, but he does still have them. Glimpses did show in his Monson fight though with his great throws, trips, and TTD. Fedor will be going back to his Sambo tournament next year so that should be great.

Fedor still remains as one of the fittest if not the fittest top HW in MMA. Who are these elitely fit guys your talking about? Brock Lesnar and Carwin have once of the worse fitness in MMA, Cain hasnt been tested by a long and major fight yet, and Overeem isnt exactly a 1-5 rounds fighter.

JDS beat the snot out of Cain but not Nelson, Nelson couldnt even win against Monson. Monson is one of the toughest SOB in MMA with one of the strongest chin. Look at how many decisions the guy has gone to and how many times hes been KO'ed (basically once).

Monson actually had a very good streak of wins coming into the Fedor fight (excluding Cormier), and even Cormier couldnt even finish Monson and actually had a harder time with him.

Fedor is definitely an old bull but beware of old bulls, these guys dont get old without knowing some stuff. The young bulls on the other hand might end up being just a flash in the pan aka Brock Lesnar.

I am not sure why all of you are counting Fedor out so easily, he has always been elusive on his feet and with the exception of Henderson, he has shown to have a good chin. Cain is a smaller heavyweight and wouldn't be able to control him on the ground like Bigfoot did. And while his heart is unquestionable, Cain's chin is less than impressive. I think that Fedor would take this via KO or submission.

cain looked slower and less accurate than Fedor in their last fights. Cain was also more predictable when he strikes and didnt look like he mixes up his punches and kicks very well.

Cain would be in trouble if he tried to stand up to Fedor, especially with Fedor's elite level striking/K1 coaches. Cain should really train with the Holland crew to brush up on his striking.

I dont give Cain much chance on the ground either, I say this because Cain really hasnt shown much of a ground game/submission game.

Have you seen Fedor vs Monson? It isn't as if he's still fighting high level athletes and losing a close battle. Dude struggle with Jeff, and got his ass beat by a slew of semi-famous high end. He looked slow and clunky in there with Monson. His gaping has gotten stupid. His guard has always been bad, and his timing is well off .

Watch the fight douche. I dont think Monson even landed one good punch on Fedor or even get close without getting his leg battered. Monson's fight against Cormier was 10 times closer than the one sided beating that Fedor dished out. Fedor had many chances to go for the kill after multipe knock downs of Monson, however he stuck to the plan his team made for him and not go in for the kill.

Monson is out for many weeks with a broken leg, the guy had to be helped out of the ring. That definitely wasnt a struggle and wasnt a close battle. Cormier and Nelson and good fighters, its just that Fedor is on a totally different level (with or without zombie recognition).

monaroCountry
11-25-2011, 08:11 AM

Yes I watch MMA from all over the world and from different promotions. Cain's aura on invincibility has been exposed, Cain needs to train with actual top class kickboxers or other fighters (Overeem in particular) will simply put him to sleep again.

Cain is not worth 10 million per fight, not even close. Cain doesnt get any PPV share and so what you see as disclosed pay is what you get, which is bsically 200-300k per fight average, he only fights 1-2 fights per year. Cain does have sponsorship, but it wouldnt be exuberant multi million. Zuffa has tight control on sponsors and take a cut on everything.

Too bad your Mexican fanbase was all busy watching the Manny v JMM fight, didnt that get the largest rating Mexican viewer in history? Cain would have been lucky if a handful of people in Mexico watched his fight, the guy is really a MexiMerican.

monaroCountry
11-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Styles make fights. Fedor fought exceedingly cautiously, and I in fact liked this tactic. He needed a win, and he didn't take risks. I think that Fedor is still a threat to any heavyweight in the world. I think that fighting smart and cautiously gives him a better chance to beat the top guys. Fedor beat the hell out of Monson, and put him in a wheelchair. The argument that Fedor not stopping Monson is evidence that he has fallen is an artificious argument, and reflective of ignorance of combat sports.

I like Fedor's striking and very crisp kicks. Most of all I liked how he moved around and his reflexes.

He didnt bull rush, he didnt go crazy with wild punches, and didnt just do a 1-2 combo that most MMA HW fighters do nowdays do. Fedor was pretty accurate, quick, and actually picked his shots. I especially liked those combos that served to opened up Monson's defences, or those well chosen punches quickly followed by leg kicks.

That display was closer in skill level to top kick boxers than MMA fighters.

Marchegiano
11-25-2011, 10:19 AM
god damn you people are judgmental. I disagree so I'm ignorant to combat sports? I can tell about every title exchange from Greece to today. I can tell you who holds Allus' title(not belts, but championship status.) lineal. Hell, I could teach y'all who the **** Allus was in the first place. Maybe I'm dumb as ****. I dunno...I mean my education, career, and hobbies suggest otherwise, but really thats besides my major point. It doesn't take a genius to hold down facts, and at the very least I'm hella full of thousands of years of facts. Even if I'm dumb enough to misconstrue everything There is still hours worth of inarguable facts I can drop...similar to the where the lineal Greek titles are now, and where they died. Right now i'm hard at work figuring out weather pankration died or just went under ground. There very well may be a lineal MMA titles or 2 afoot. Now c'mon homie. Is ignorant to combat sports really justifiable? Insult me, my opinion, my ability to discern, anything but the general knowledge of combat sports. Now, y'all can choose to ignore me. You can choose to decide I've nothing to teach you, but you know exactly what eras of sport your knowledge is really strong as much as you know where your weak. My range alone suggests there are gaps I may be able to fill.

These opinions have nothing to do with general knowledge of combat sports. Your simply jumping there gives me the impression your one of those who can't learn 'cause y'all done know.....your momma says etc. Fedor might become one of those dudes who fights well old. That doesn't mean he isn't past his prime. My major point was he does not handle anything like a prime Fedor, and you've already agreed to that. Called it "cautious" thats the nice way of saying *****-foot. He went in there and *****-footed a can. a bum. I listed his new problems with vague terms. Ypu ignored the opportunity to attack those claims and simply jumped to attack my knowledge. ****ing funny as hell 'cause I probably know more then any one person on this forum. Hell, there are only two others who even claim to know a god damn thing about ancient combat. Maybe I'm knowledgeable as all hell, maybe this argument has nothing to do with my knowledge or yours. Maybe you'd been more successful with your attack had you actually attacked the point of view as oppose to the foundation it comes from. I'm just saying

Country- Word homie, Nelson took alot of cans to dec. Do we really wanna poke apart the records? Nah, 'cause all that triangle nonsense is just that init? The biggest flaw I see in y'all argument is simply this. Fedor is not a striker. Fedor is not JDS where you know he isn't going to grapple. Fedor is one of the god damn best ground technicians this sport's seen yet. Monson is not. Monson may be a grappler, but that doesn't just automatically make him great at it. I agree that Cain was never all that good, but my point is simple. Monson was never all that good. They're both cans, and ones young. Now prime talking Fedor would have ended either of these guys in the first. Especially with Pride rules. No one has the g-n-p Fedor had. No one has been sooo god damn rubbery. and no one's been so hard to hurt. Fedor's better on the ground then Monson ever was. I could sit here are poke at his gapping, guard, and telegraphy, but those have kind of always been there. Mostly the man's lost his ability to make up for his flaws with speed and strength. I don't mean to say he's more of a grappler then striker. I just mean all this " cautious striker" nonsense doesn't apply to fellas with more submits then KO's or dec. c'mon.

Marchegiano
11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
I like Fedor's striking and very crisp kicks. Most of all I liked how he moved around and his reflexes.

He didnt bull rush, he didnt go crazy with wild punches, and didnt just do a 1-2 combo that most MMA HW fighters do nowdays do. Fedor was pretty accurate, quick, and actually picked his shots. I especially liked those combos that served to opened up Monson's defences, or those well chosen punches quickly followed by leg kicks.

That display was closer in skill level to top kick boxers than MMA fighters.

Ah, but isn't it easy to look good when your just hitting a punching bag? Let see him do that nonsense to the Reem, Tyrone Spong, Saki, Danyo, Remy, Ernesto, Semmy, Gheeta, Peter? Eh? Hows this:

Fedor vs Sefo? Does Fedor take Ray down? Does he "cautiously" grapple? Or is he going to use his new found striking skills against an old striker that was only decent at his best? Would choking out Ray Sefo prove to you he's ready to fight Alistair? Explain how punching Monson in the face makes him ready for Cain? Hell, look up my past posts on Fedor and Cain. You'll find nothing but praise for the emperor until this fight. You'll find nothing but criticism for Cain. Still I've got nothing good to say about Cain other then he'd end an old tomato can.

monaroCountry
11-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Fedor is not a striker. Fedor is not JDS where you know he isn't going to grapple. Fedor is one of the god damn best ground technicians this sport's seen yet. Monson is not. Monson may be a grappler, but that doesn't just automatically make him great at it.

I agree Monson isnt the best grappler but his grappling is far more advanced than what most people give him credit for. Theres a reason why Cormier and now Fedor avoided going to ground with him.

Grappling Championships and accomplishments

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships:

ADCC 2009 Over 99+kg: 3rd Place

ADCC 2005 Over 99+kg: 1st Place

ADCC 2003 99+kg: Quarter Finals

ADCC 2001 Over 99+kg: 2nd place

ADCC 2000 88–98 kg: 2nd place Openweight: Quarter Finals, but unable to continue.

ADCC 1999 Under 99KG: 1st Place

CBJJ No-Gi World Championships:

2007 Black Belt SuperSuperHeavy: 2nd Place

2007 Black Belt Open Weight: 1st Place

Misc.

2007 World Grappling Championships 125 kg: gold medal (1st place)

2008 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials - 275+ Division 1st place.

2007 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials - 275+ Division 1st place.

2007 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

2006 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

2004 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

I agree that Cain was never all that good, but my point is simple. Monson was never all that good. They're both cans, and ones young.

I dont see Monson as a can or Cain. Although I do see Cain as inexperienced and unproven.

Now prime talking Fedor would have ended either of these guys in the first. Especially with Pride rules. No one has the g-n-p Fedor had. No one has been sooo god damn rubbery. and no one's been so hard to hurt. Fedor's better on the ground then Monson ever was. I could sit here are poke at his gapping, guard, and telegraphy, but those have kind of always been there.

I agree, Prime Fedor was a beast and well ahead of his time, even now.

Mostly the man's lost his ability to make up for his flaws with speed and strength. I don't mean to say he's more of a grappler then striker. I just mean all this " cautious striker" nonsense doesn't apply to fellas with more submits then KO's or dec. c'mon.

Fedor himself admitted that he wasnt going for the kill, even though he had ample opportunities. He went in there with a game plan devised by his team and followed it through, unlike his previous fights.

monaroCountry
11-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Ah, but isn't it easy to look good when your just hitting a punching bag? Let see him do that nonsense to the Reem, Tyrone Spong, Saki, Danyo, Remy, Ernesto, Semmy, Gheeta, Peter? Eh? Hows this:

Fedor vs Sefo? Does Fedor take Ray down? Does he "cautiously" grapple? Or is he going to use his new found striking skills against an old striker that was only decent at his best? Would choking out Ray Sefo prove to you he's ready to fight Alistair? Explain how punching Monson in the face makes him ready for Cain? Hell, look up my past posts on Fedor and Cain. You'll find nothing but praise for the emperor until this fight. You'll find nothing but criticism for Cain. Still I've got nothing good to say about Cain other then he'd end an old tomato can.

Fedor actually trains with Ernestor, Spong and that crew along with Gegard. Ernesto himself has said that Fedor would do very well in K1.

I dont think Fedor would trade punches with a kickboxer, old Fedor would have and actually did with Prime CroCop. Fedor now actually follows a game plan and dont just dive into an ADCC champs guard. Cain's striking isnt all that impressive, Fedor is easily ready to exchange strikes with Cain. Cain's best fight to date has been aaginst another can named Brock Lesnar.