View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] Henderson vs Jones! who you got?

Mohammedini
11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Henderson is in the line for a title shot against Jones.

Henderson-Shogun was a Awesome but Henderson got gassed multiple times.
I think Jones stops him but you can never count Henderson out and Jones chin hasn't been tested yet.

Who you got?

Boxingtech718v2
11-20-2011, 01:52 PM
If the right hand lands on Jones he might get KTFO. But then againg Jones has more tools to win the fight. I would have to go with Jones he has the better stamina, striking, speed, and reach. It's going to be hard to land that right hand on Jones to be honest. Jones also has to get past Machida and Rashad though before he can even fight Hendo. Just imagine if he wins all those fights, it will be tough for Jones not to be #1 p4p in MMA.

G A M E
11-20-2011, 02:03 PM
i wanna say hendo.. but the balls in bones court.. hes got more tools, age and reach.

-Swizzy-
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Jones easily. After Henderson gasses around the 3rd round, Jones will get the sub or gnp finish. Shogun could have done the same but he was just as gassed as hendo. Jones won't get gassed.

Harry Balls
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
jones should be like -500 or something.
huge favorite.

i think hendo would be his easiest fight out of the realistic contenders at 205. as long as he can avoid getting h-bombed in the first round he will cruise to a victory. Probably a stoppage.

- v e t -
11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Jones easily. After Henderson gasses around the 3rd round, Jones will get the sub or gnp finish. Shogun could have done the same but he was just as gassed as hendo. Jones won't get gassed.

this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big BRICKS
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm actually going to bet on Hendo in this one.

project xxx1
11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
ive got bonesjones but if hendo lands that right hand,it could be all over

id luv to see it

make it happen

Money Shot
11-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I think Hendo is the one guy who can land on Jones and test that chin but I can't see him lasting much beyond three rounds, stamina and Jones's considerable physical advantages are going to tell. Henderson could pull of a shock but I only give him a 20-25% chance.

$BloodyNate$
11-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Made a thread about it, i still feel hendo rampage and shogun stand better chance then rashad and machida. I feel like you just gotta fight him and hope something lands. Those 3 have the heart, chin and power to change a fight with one punch, aggressive so its more likely to happen unlike with machida and rashad who would try to outpoint and outgameplan him. Rashad is too fragile, and machida keeps his hands low, chin high vs jones crazyreach who will take his movement away like shogun with kicks.

Hendo will do exactly that by launching right hands from the start. I bet anything jones takes him down within the fiesta 30 seconds to wear him out since grappling gets him the worst in his age but if hendo lands Its over....

Ether
11-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Hendo by KO.

Machida and Rashad have no chance.

- v e t -
11-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Hendo by KO.

Machida and Rashad have no chance.

all your points!

Mohammedini
11-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Made a thread about it, i still feel hendo rampage and shogun stand better chance then rashad and machida. I feel like you just gotta fight him and hope something lands. Those 3 have the heart, chin and power to change a fight with one punch, aggressive so its more likely to happen unlike with machida and rashad who would try to outpoint and outgameplan him. Rashad is too fragile, and machida keeps his hands low, chin high vs jones crazyreach who will take his movement away like shogun with kicks.

Hendo will do exactly that by launching right hands from the start. I bet anything jones takes him down within the fiesta 30 seconds to wear him out since grappling gets him the worst in his age but if hendo lands Its over....
How can you be more dominate then what Jones was against Shogun? There wasn't a sec in that fight Shogun won. Jones made him tap to strikes thats how epic that a'ss whooping was.

Rampage...... Couldn't do sh1t to Jones except to make Jones struggle slightly with TDs for the first time in his career, eat a million leg kicks and get subbed for the first time since Sakuraba.

led
11-21-2011, 07:53 AM
This is a test for Jones' heart and chin. If he recieves Hendo's right hand the way Rua did, Jones will reign in the LHW for a very long time.

Kimo
11-21-2011, 08:38 AM
The question is whether Hendo connects or not. There isn't anyone out there that does NOT hit the canvas if Hendo lands 1 proper punch. Shogun has an absolute granite chin and that's the only reason he managed to survive the onslaught. But it was close....very close....

The size difference will be ridiculous, Hendo isn't the biggest out there. He needs to put the pressure on on Bones, make him miss and tag him hard.

An early KO, it's the only chance he's got.

Virgil Caine
11-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Hendo could win, but he'd need to do so by knockout. Otherwise he likely gasses out in the later rounds. I do think Henderson has the tools to tap Jones' chin. Wouldn't be an easy fight though.

TBEC2
11-21-2011, 12:32 PM
My heart wants to go with Hendo but my mind is telling me Jones.

I love Hendo he pretty much defines an era of the sport that is becoming extinct.

However Hendo is pretty much on his way out, Jones is just coming into his own. Routing for Henderson but its defiantly a huge uphill climb for him.

$BloodyNate$
11-21-2011, 01:36 PM
How can you be more dominate then what Jones was against Shogun? There wasn't a sec in that fight Shogun won. Jones made him tap to strikes thats how epic that a'ss whooping was.

Rampage...... Couldn't do sh1t to Jones except to make Jones struggle slightly with TDs for the first time in his career, eat a million leg kicks and get subbed for the first time since Sakuraba.

Yeah but that isnt relevant to what i was saying about them having better chance then machida and rashad. It still took jones 3-4 rounds to finish. Rashads been hurt so easily before. All he has is his wrestling but jones can negate that like every other good wrestler he destroyed. On the feet rashad has power and speed but hes not aggressive hell try to outpoint jones which will never happen because of jones reach. He hurts easily and Thats eutanasia i said shogun rampage and hendo have the chin and aggressive power to take jones shots to land their own. Not saying Its a different result in rematches but i feel they have the best shot still since i feel you gotta make a fight outta it with a tall lanky guy like jones who uses his reach perfect. And to be fair rampage blocked the majority of jones shots and within the first 10 sec shogun ate the nastiest knee i think ive ever seen and he never recovered it was all heart and chin that let him survive. Like against machida he is versatile enough to create problems for jones on the feet. Plus look at stann smashing cantwell in 1 round, then cantwell schooled him in the 2nd fight. Liddell got smashed by randy the 1st time took a mean beating and easily stopped him in the rematches. Shogun has historically never looked good coming off surgery either so maybe that could benefit him in a rematch if hes 100%.

Machida is just all wrong for jones. Hell take a beating like in the shogun fights but even sordera with jones reach since jones doesnt have to be as aggressive as shogun to land kicks.

Harry Balls
11-21-2011, 01:44 PM
it should be noted tho, that rashad is by far the best mmawrestler jones has ever fought

hes no hamill or bader.

Big Vern
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Jones lays waste to Henderson.

kaps
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Jones has all the right tools to defeat Hendo without much problem. The only x factor in the fight is that if Hendo lands a right anywhere near Jones jawline it could be the upset of the century...

$BloodyNate$
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
it should be noted tho, that rashad is by far the best mmawrestler jones has ever fought

hes no hamill or bader.

Its true although i dont see a HUGE gap between him and bader. and tho rashad might have some jones weaknesses from practice jones has jackson who trained rashad for years so its hard not to believe jackson has known rashads weaknesses.

Dorian
11-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Jon Jones via whatever he wants.

THE REED™
11-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't see Jones losing for a very long time.

the traveler
11-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Henderson seems like a very easy fight for Jones. Henderson has been submitted before and has been taken down and controlled by Shields and Shogun. Jones has better takedowns than those guys and he has a good choke. So, wrestling wise, I see Jones dominating.

Striking wise, Henderson reminds me of Rampage. I don't see him being able to touch Jones at all. Also, from what I've seen, Jones has a decent chin.

But, then again, does it really matter that he hasn't been hit hard? That's the whole point. He doesn't put himself in positions to get hit hard. I think not getting hit at all is a lot better mythical chin to have than having a good chin but taking shots.

Henderson would get embarassed.

- v e t -
11-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Jon Jones via whatever he wants.

this is why i love you

ScrewasideMMA
11-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't think we'll ever see this fight... Great performance but I bet he goes back to Dan in decline after this one. Good to see Danny have one last good fight though. Machida's awkward style I think will give Jones more problems then anybody... You up there? Did you see the Rampage fight? Jones babied him. Rampage is NOT a viable contender to Jones at all.. It pains me to say that too cause Rampage at one time was one of my fav fighters. Right though about Machida keeping his hands up. I guess we'll see.

BALLISTIC
11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
hendo is a rampage same fight plan for jones
easy win..

i dont mind seeing hendo vs evans...

Mersey
11-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Jones easy win again, unless Hendo lands that right.

chiguy91
11-23-2011, 05:38 PM
don't see hendo being able to land that right so jones takes it.

Marchegiano
11-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I'd love for Hendo to win. I expect Jones will get the W, but really want to see a Hendo good enough to take out JJ.

*Boss*
11-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Jones by domination.