View Full Version : [HOLY S**T!] What a fawking fight!!!!

Boxingtech718v2
11-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Dan Henderson is turning Shogun in to tenderized meat. Shogun has the most heart I've ever seen to still be fighting. A lesser man would've been gotten KTFO!

Gojira
11-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkk

One of the greatest MMA fights of all time. Cant believe it went the distance!

Ether
11-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Fantastic fight! Can't believe Rua's still got that in him. Fair win for Hendo, though.

ƒallenloki
11-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Dude... That was amazing.

FOTY...

but there was another candidate tonight

Chandler-Alvarez

Boxingtech718v2
11-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Who want's to see Henderson vs Bones? I know I do, probably more than a Rashad Evans fight.

Money Shot
11-20-2011, 01:20 AM
I think Henderson would take a decision over Jones if it was three rounds but he's going to get worn down and stopped in four or five. the guy fights like the tasmanian devil but he isn't big enough and at 41 the gas isn't in the tank. Great fight though.

jaded
11-20-2011, 01:33 AM
I think Henderson would take a decision over Jones if it was three rounds but he's going to get worn down and stopped in four or five. the guy fights like the tasmanian devil but he isn't big enough and at 41 the gas isn't in the tank. Great fight though.

It was an incredibly fight and Henderson was amazing...but Jones won't get anywhere near tired and both Henderson and Shogun were. You can't beat Jones tired...he or anyone would get badly battered with energy and speed.

ghns1133
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM
shogun won IMO

WARQUEZ
11-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Just came back from the HP Pavilion and man it was an awesome show. The Prelims had some amazing fights and some awesome knockouts. When Wandy landed those knees everyone from our section was going nuts. Friends watching on TV say it was a bad stoppage, from the arena it didn't look like it at all. It looked like Cung was out for a second.

Shogun vs. Hendo was the greatest fight I've ever seen. Back and forth, Shogun showed so much heart and Hendo was a beast for those first 3 rounds. Man when Shogun rocked Hendo it was crazy. An amazing fight. I thought it was a draw but without question the fight of the year.

Overall a great ****ing show. Looks like another historic UFC show for the Bay Area. First it was Silva/Sonnen and now this. Huzzah! :friday:

Elie
11-20-2011, 02:13 AM
Hendo is the MAN!

Also, am i the only one that thoughht flabby Shogun wouldn't make it to the later rounds? he's got big old belly now and his muscles aren't very toned

RyunosukeRonin
11-20-2011, 02:57 AM
It was a great 4 round fight for sure but as superb a job as the ref did he should of at least stood them up once in the 5th that was a failure and a let down given the way the first 4 rounds went to have them finish the fight just laying on the ground with no clear initiative being taken there should of been one last hurray and give the stronger fighter at that point the ability to end the fight with a decisive blow to not allow all that effort @ endurance to actually pay-off was dissapointing but not to take anything away from either man it was a classic.

$BloodyNate$
11-20-2011, 03:19 AM
shogun won IMO

Agreed. Round 5 was the most one sided round and besides the knockdowns shogun was outpointing him. I feel like he stole round 1 at the end, hendo definitely took the 2nd and 3rd but the last rounds were all shogun. What a ****ing fight. Greatest fight ever...atleast til i dre the alavrez fight tomorrow haha. People i owe money too get paid tomorrow.

Ring Leader
11-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Hendo won in the criteria of scoring ROUNDS. Hendo getting the decision is right. Great fight

CiganoBoxer
11-20-2011, 06:19 AM
One of the best 5 round ufc fights i think i have watched , i gave it 3-2 rounds in favor of Hendo but i hear Dana say at the presser after that he scored it a draw !
Hendo dont beat Jones tho :boxing:

Mersey
11-20-2011, 09:38 AM
It was a great 4 round fight for sure but as superb a job as the ref did he should of at least stood them up once in the 5th that was a failure and a let down given the way the first 4 rounds went to have them finish the fight just laying on the ground with no clear initiative being taken there should of been one last hurray and give the stronger fighter at that point the ability to end the fight with a decisive blow to not allow all that effort @ endurance to actually pay-off was dissapointing but not to take anything away from either man it was a classic.

Stand them up? Shogun had him mounted...

Boxingtech718v2
11-20-2011, 10:26 AM
The scored it correctly 3 rounds to 2, with Henderson at least having 1 if not 2 10 -8 rds when he busted up Shogun badly. Shogun won the last rd big but you can't take the whole fight with one good rd unless you get a KO. I don't know why Shogun didn't use is BJJ earlier to tell you the truth. Standing with Dan was obviously a bad idea after he almost KTFO of Shogun the first time. I think Shogun is slowing down and doesn't have it in him to go in there swinging like he use to in the past.

CiganoBoxer
11-20-2011, 12:24 PM
When Shogun caught Hendo late in the the fight with that uppercut i thought he was gonna stop Dan .first time i eva see Hendo wobbled ....if he could of followed up he might of done him !:boxing:
great fight

SLIMY RAT
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
shogun won IMO

No he did not.. at best it was a draw

When Shogun caught Hendo late in the the fight with that uppercut i thought he was gonna stop Dan .first time i eva see Hendo wobbled ....if he could of followed up he might of done him !:boxing:
great fight

Henderson has been dropped in his last few fights..

Boxingtech718v2
11-20-2011, 01:49 PM
No he did not.. at best it was a draw

Henderson has been dropped in his last few fights..

I agree no way Shogun could win on just one dominant round unless he got the stop. He had a whole round of riding Dan in the mount and rear mount to do something but he must have been too damaged or tired.

ƒallenloki
11-20-2011, 03:32 PM
shogun won IMO

how?

Hendo won the first three without a doubt. Four was close, and 5 was all shogun.

dough401
11-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Just came back from the HP Pavilion and man it was an awesome show. The Prelims had some amazing fights and some awesome knockouts. When Wandy landed those knees everyone from our section was going nuts. Friends watching on TV say it was a bad stoppage, from the arena it didn't look like it at all. It looked like Cung was out for a second.

Shogun vs. Hendo was the greatest fight I've ever seen. Back and forth, Shogun showed so much heart and Hendo was a beast for those first 3 rounds. Man when Shogun rocked Hendo it was crazy. An amazing fight. I thought it was a draw but without question the fight of the year.

Overall a great ****ing show. Looks like another historic UFC show for the Bay Area. First it was Silva/Sonnen and now this. Huzzah! :friday:

That must have been off the hook! I cant wait till DANA finally brings the UFC to his home town (Boston)so i can go to UFC event i go to all these smaller show witch are great but that would be the best... And that was one of the best fights ive ever seen but if Hendo gases out like that against Jones hes gonna get caught.

SkillspayBills
11-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I actually dozed off in the second round. 3rd to 5th was EPIC!

I had it a draw. Rua had the 5th 10-8

After Jones-Hendo we won't have to debate on if Jones has a chin or not ever again.

F l i c k e r
11-20-2011, 07:17 PM
how?

Hendo won the first three without a doubt. Four was close, and 5 was all shogun.

I agree with you Loki.

Hendo got the first three.

Shogun last two. 5th undoubtedly.

Hendo got a good win. He'd lose to Jones though. I just can't see Hendo getting over such an enormous reach difference.

tocayito1
11-21-2011, 03:13 AM
the fight to me was terrible..they both looked sloppy as **** and im getting sick and tired of seeing shogun show up out of shape....at times it looked like cave men were fighting. i think most people are just repeating the stupid **** that dana white and joe rogan say

BigStereotype
11-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Honestly, I scored it a draw (first three for Hendo, 4 and 5 for Shogun, 5 was 10-8), but I can see how Hendo won it. What a fight. Shogun is shot to hell, though, all he had was his mighty strength and balls. He didn't have anything resembling his old speed and explosiveness. I understand, he's been through some incredible wars, it's just hard to see my boy on the decline now. As for anyone talking about Hendo vs. Jones...hell no. I don't think so. Jones would flay him.

Rassclot
11-21-2011, 11:49 AM
if you are going to give Shogun a 10-8 round in the 5th then Dan gets a 10-8 for the 3rd.

Shogun was gone. His ass is lucky Rosenthal didn't stop the fight. Mazzigatti, BJM and even Herb would've stopped that fight.

When Dan nailed Shogun his eyes glazed over and took 2-3 flush bombs to the face when he was down. He wasn't even moving for a good 5 seconds.

With that in mind, the fight still comes otu to 1 point to DaN

BigStereotype
11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
if you are going to give Shogun a 10-8 round in the 5th then Dan gets a 10-8 for the 3rd.

Shogun was gone. His ass is lucky Rosenthal didn't stop the fight. Mazzigatti, BJM and even Herb would've stopped that fight.

When Dan nailed Shogun his eyes glazed over and took 2-3 flush bombs to the face when he was down. He wasn't even moving for a good 5 seconds.

I only give a 10-8 (in boxing at least, I'm more of an MMA n00b) when one guy is completely inactive. Shogun landed some good shots in the 3rd, then he got his clock cleaned; Hendo didn't do jack in the fifth. That's just how I score and I got it a draw.

THE_BIG_HURT
11-21-2011, 12:30 PM

i agree with this completely. I said the same to my coach after he called it a draw because of the 5th. the fight probably should have been stopped at 2 occasions in the 3rd because of the hurting Hendo was putting on him...thats precisely what I would consider a 10-8 round, maybe even more so than shoguns 5th.

sunthunder
11-21-2011, 02:33 PM
i agree with this completely. I said the same to my coach after he called it a draw because of the 5th. the fight probably should have been stopped at 2 occasions in the 3rd because of the hurting Hendo was putting on him...thats precisely what I would consider a 10-8 round, maybe even more so than shoguns 5th.

Shogun had the better of the third either side of the knockdown. He was out landing Henderson before the knockdown, had the heel hook attempt, the takedown and more shots after the knockdown. That's why in spite of Henderson's flurry, he only marginally outlanded Shogun over-all.

The criteria for a 10-8 round is “a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round."

Henderson was overwhelmingly dominant for 40 seconds, not a round. Shogun was dominant for a full round.

THE_BIG_HURT
11-21-2011, 10:02 PM
Shogun had the better of the third either side of the knockdown. He was out landing Henderson before the knockdown, had the heel hook attempt, the takedown and more shots after the knockdown. That's why in spite of Henderson's flurry, he only marginally outlanded Shogun over-all.

The criteria for a 10-8 round is “a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round."

Henderson was overwhelmingly dominant for 40 seconds, not a round. Shogun was dominant for a full round.

i just rewatched it again and the 3rd round was a little more competitive than I remembered that night but still the amount of damage was massive.
While completely dominant in the 5th Shogun really didnt do much besides constantly getting into a dominant position. Once there the damage was enough for me to warrant a 10-8 round. Just my opinion

$BloodyNate$
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
I agree with you Loki.

Hendo got the first three.

Shogun last two. 5th undoubtedly.

Hendo got a good win. He'd lose to Jones though. I just can't see Hendo getting over such an enormous reach difference.

Just rewatched it same result on my scorecard 47-46 Shogun. Please explain why people think hendo won round 2? Which was the closest round that shogun finished strong. 1st to Hendo. 3rd 10-8. 4th obvious shogun, 5th obvious 10-8 easily 10-7.

So can someone explain why hendo won round 2, was it because it was sandwhiched in between round 1 and 3 which were hendo rounds? Hendo was not completely dominant the first three rounds, if not for the knockdowns shogun outpoints him and landed more takedowns. Round 2 was his imo.

SLIMY RAT
11-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Not really seen many claiming Shogun won tbh

Most like me had it 3 rounds to 2 with the possibility of a 10-8 round either way

I watched it a second time and Hendo was not as dominant the first 3 as i thought BUT he clearly won them imo..

The third round is call for a 10-8 i think though.. Hendo shaded it for me before Almost knocking Shogun the **** out. Did he have complete control the entire round like Shogun did round 5? nope but lets be honest we have seen fights stopped for far less (Hendo/Fedor, Cain/Santos) hell even Le/Silva earlier in the night.

Shogun controlled the 5th but never really did that much damage it seemed.. he was pretty exhausted it looked..

What was pretty clear to me though is that Dan handled Shogun before getting gassed imo

ghost deini
11-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Not really seen many claiming Shogun won tbh

Most like me had it 3 rounds to 2 with the possibility of a 10-8 round either way

I watched it a second time and Hendo was not as dominant the first 3 as i thought BUT he clearly won them imo..

The third round is call for a 10-8 i think though.. Hendo shaded it for me before Almost knocking Shogun the **** out. Did he have complete control the entire round like Shogun did round 5? nope but lets be honest we have seen fights stopped for far less (Hendo/Fedor, Cain/Santos) hell even Le/Silva earlier in the night.

Shogun controlled the 5th but never really did that much damage it seemed.. he was pretty exhausted it looked..

What was pretty clear to me though is that Dan handled Shogun before getting gassed imo

he did handle him but i don't think it was just because he gassed that he lost

shogun was able to weather the strom on more than one occasion and that plus fatigue discouraged and hampered henderson who was controlling the fight up untill the the 3rd

what a warrior shogun is though and that uppercut he landed was beautiful that punch really hurt hendo and i thought he may have enough to finish him but it came abit late in the round

i haven't really been watching mma for long enough to know how to really score a fight but i thought both guys deserved it

shogun maybe deserved it more for coming back so strong and hendo was really holding on towards the end but because he did hold on and he dominated early he also had an equal shout at being declared the winner thats part of what made the fight so special

needles to say one of the best fights i have ever seen mma or boxing :boxing: