View Full Version : speed bag pressure

endezeichen
12-28-2004, 04:06 PM
On my speed bag it says I need 4 lbs of air. I pumped it up about to where I can indent it about half an inch. I went out and looked for a guage but I couldnt find one for that kind of valve (needle). I tried a standard leaving the needle in the bag but that didn't work. So my question is, how much should the bag indent when I poke it? Thats really the only thing I can go by since I can't find a guage. Sorry for the stupid question but I over-inflated my last bag.

Mr. Ryan
12-28-2004, 04:15 PM
On my speed bag it says I need 4 lbs of air. I pumped it up about to where I can indent it about half an inch. I went out and looked for a guage but I couldnt find one for that kind of valve (needle). I tried a standard leaving the needle in the bag but that didn't work. So my question is, how much should the bag indent when I poke it? Thats really the only thing I can go by since I can't find a guage. Sorry for the stupid question but I over-inflated my last bag.
I have it at about 3, where it's not too fast but it moves steady. I find the smaller speed bags are best.

endezeichen
12-28-2004, 04:57 PM
so about how much slack should be in the bag? Like I said earlier mines about half an inch is that good?

Floydmayweather
01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
It depends the better u get the more air you put in the faster it moves. I like 3 pounds personally.