View Full Version : Karl Place: The Manchester Mexican

D-MiZe
11-17-2011, 09:15 PM
He isn't of Mexican heritage, he is just a very big fan of Marco Antonio Barrera. So big in fact that he wears the Mexican colours when he fights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sAr7wx_4wPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4nR53Ksa22I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiguy91
11-17-2011, 09:38 PM
haha, wow, that's a pretty big fan to be rocking the colors on your trunks. pretty cool i guess, has he ever been to mexico or met barrera? i know ashley sexton is a big fan as well.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qQa8j6SShO4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qQa8j6SShO4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

theplayerpimp
11-17-2011, 10:23 PM
every fighter wants to rep Mexico. There is also the younger kameda el Mexicanito.

RIZO24
11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Seems like a good fighter!! Throws good combinations.. If only PR's admired Mexican fighters like the Brittish, they would be so much better.. LMAO

Luffy
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
do all the british guys that like barrera hate naz?

theplayerpimp
11-18-2011, 01:35 AM
He isn't of Mexican heritage, he is just a very big fan of Marco Antonio Barrera. So big in fact that he wears the Mexican colours when he fights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sAr7wx_4wPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4nR53Ksa22I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but lmao your sig is funny cats are the sht though they got hands. Or should I say paws.

Luffy
11-18-2011, 08:22 PM
gsp likes barrera too

LeG00N
11-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I've noticed that too....the Brits tend to like Barrera alot..

D-MiZe
11-19-2011, 05:55 AM
I think there are great a few who are fans of MAB/Morales. I can't really think of many boxers who state Nas is their favourite, Kid Galahad is one of them though. Fights out of the same gym too so he's got that unorthodox fighting style, just lacks the power.

Luffy
11-20-2011, 05:40 PM
the manchester mexican i like that, james toney would also wear a mexican hat to his conferences...

when he would fight mexican fighters? Or just cuz.

bigsmoothh
11-20-2011, 08:39 PM
the manchester mexican i like that, james toney would also wear a mexican hat to his conferences...

D-MiZe
11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Fights in a couple of weeks against Steve Williams, good test.

Cuauhtémoc1520
11-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Between JMM, Morales and Barrera....I'm a bigger Barrera fan myself. What is most impressive to me is the way he came up as a brawler and then all of a sudden because a great boxer/counter puncher mid career.

It was an amazing transformation that you don't see very often in boxing. Barrera is a legend and bad ass.

Luffy
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Between JMM, Morales and Barrera....I'm a bigger Barrera fan myself. What is most impressive to me is the way he came up as a brawler and then all of a sudden because a great boxer/counter puncher mid career.

It was an amazing transformation that you don't see very often in boxing. Barrera is a legend and bad ass.

barrera = gay. JMM and Morales are greater and both are better than him.

LeG00N
11-24-2011, 09:04 AM
barrera = gay. JMM and Morales are greater and both are better than him.

while I do agree that both JMM and Morales are better and greater.
Barrera deserves more respect than to be called "gay".

I like all 3..... and as Cua stated Barrera is a legend and bad ass

I've ran many miles to this video

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NK0jly2nwRU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NK0jly2nwRU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Luffy
11-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Nah hes gay just like you maniac

LeG00N
11-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Nah hes gay just like you maniac

The warriors were a bunch of ******s

Luffy
11-25-2011, 12:11 AM
U got ur name from that song in the movie flashdance

Chunk..
11-25-2011, 10:17 AM
When Barrera fought Khan in Manchester, most of the arena was behind Barrera that night. People wearing sombreros and ponchos.

D-MiZe
11-30-2011, 12:32 PM
When Barrera fought Khan in Manchester, most of the arena was behind Barrera that night. People wearing sombreros and ponchos.

Mexicans get a lot of love over here, deservedly so.

chiguy91
11-30-2011, 11:51 PM
U got ur name from that song in the movie flashdance

:haha: :rofl:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8NjbGr2nk2c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8NjbGr2nk2c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

D-MiZe
12-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Lost last night via 2nd TKO against Steve Williams, don't know anything about it. Will try to find more information.

He's always been open and he's there to be hit at times, but I thought he had too much class to lose at this level.

Guess not.

:thumbsdow

chiguy91
12-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Lost last night via 2nd TKO against Steve Williams, don't know anything about it. Will try to find more information.

He's always been open and he's there to be hit at times, but I thought he had too much class to lose at this level.

Guess not.

:thumbsdow

damn, that sucks. he's a young guy, he's got plenty of time to improve. i tried looking for the fight on youtube but no luck.

D-MiZe
12-04-2011, 06:36 AM
He's still young, but he should've still beaten Williams. Williams isn't a push-over, he was always going to provide Place with a tough test, but Place isn't going as far as I thought.

With Chisora getting jobbed, it's a bad weekend for us Brits.

:lol1:

PS He isn't a highly regarded prospect.

D-MiZe
12-04-2011, 07:14 AM
A fight which looked competitive on paper proved to be the opposite in the ring as Liverpool’s Steve Williams trounced Karl Place in two rounds in their British light-welterweight title eliminator. It had been scheduled for ten. Williams (9st 13lbs 8oz) took charge from the opening bell and forced Place into a shell as he teed off with some solid body shots. Towards the end of the first, Place (10st) was forced to absorb a hard right hand with his back to the ropes to end a worrying first session for the fancied Manchester fighter.

Williams continued to be the boss in round two as Place could only cover up rather than match his opponent’s fire. A succession of left hooks left Place woozy against the ropes, and as Karl tried to move away it was apparent that his legs had gone. With Place drunkenly lurching around the ring Williams steamed in, and when another overhand right wobbled Place referee Victor Loughlin was justified in calling it off with 22 seconds remaining in the session.

This was a terrific performance from Williams, who improves to 12-1 (5). The Liverpool fighter’s sole defeat came against Lenny Daws in a tenth round retirement when previously challenging for the British title. After this resounding result however, Williams will fancy his chances of taking on the winner between Ashley Theophane and Nigel Wright when they contest the British title next weekend. The outgunned Place, 15-1 (8) suffered the first defeat of his career after winning his previous 15.

Luffy
12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
karl place sucks he doesnt deserve that nickname hes embarrasing us

D-MiZe
12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
karl place sucks he doesnt deserve that nickname hes embarrasing us

His nickname is bulbhead.

Luffy
12-09-2011, 02:43 PM
His nickname is bulbhead.

the manchester mexican:chomp:

El_Forklift
12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
The warriors were a bunch of ******s

hahaha:rofl:

D-MiZe
03-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Karl Place grew up watching boxing in an era where the Mexican warriors reigned supreme. With no regard for defence and thumping bodyshots, it's no surprise that Barrera is the 23 year old's role model.

Since turning pro in 2008, Place has made steady progress and was undefeated before an encounter with Steve Williams in a title eliminator for the British light-welterweight title last December. Going in to the fight with a win over Michael Grant and a record of 15 wins, 8 coming within the distance - Place was confident of victory. However, Williams had other ideas and after bossing around Place from the opening bell he managed to stop the Manchester boxer in just 2 rounds. At 5ft11, Place is big for the weight and a move up to the 147lb division seems likely.

He takes on tough journeyman, Vinny Woolford, on the undercard of Saturday's fight featuring Brian Rose against Max Maxwell.

chiguy91
03-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Karl Place grew up watching boxing in an era where the Mexican warriors reigned supreme. With no regard for defence and thumping bodyshots, it's no surprise that Barrera is the 23 year old's role model.

Since turning pro in 2008, Place has made steady progress and was undefeated before an encounter with Steve Williams in a title eliminator for the British light-welterweight title last December. Going in to the fight with a win over Michael Grant and a record of 15 wins, 8 coming within the distance - Place was confident of victory. However, Williams had other ideas and after bossing around Place from the opening bell he managed to stop the Manchester boxer in just 2 rounds. At 5ft11, Place is big for the weight and a move up to the 147lb division seems likely.

He takes on tough journeyman, Vinny Woolford, on the undercard of Saturday's fight featuring Brian Rose against Max Maxwell.

blown out in 2? never seen him before but tough loss. and he fights this saturday? you think boxnation or sky sports will televise it? if so i'll try looking out for a stream. anyways, good luck to him.

are you a fan of his btw? or you just post this cause you think he might gather some fans in here or gain some interest.

Mannie Phresh
03-28-2012, 12:25 AM
hes always been generous with their media.

chiguy91
03-28-2012, 12:36 AM
hes always been generous with their media.

oh, well i wasn't sure. not that i have anything against him being here, he's welcomed, anyone is, but i mean the only time i've seen him in the this lounge is in this thread.

D-MiZe
03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm not a fan of his as such, I have a little interest in him and I thought I'd share him with the Mexicans of this forum. There is a possibility his fight will be televised, if so I'll post a video here.

Not sure what ' generous with their media ' means?

I'm not proclaiming Place to be the next big thing out of Britain, he's not considered a top prospect over here. He's just a 23 year old kid who's idol is Barrera, embraces the Mexican fighting style and can be in some entertaining fights in the future.

I do post elsewhere in this forum.