View Full Version : UFC peaks at 8.8 million, most watched mma fight ever!

$BloodyNate$
11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
So really the show was a major success. They were just slick and flipped it when their was actual fighting. Damn good numbers from the first fight. With a sick full card like last weekend those numbers will get huge.

TR vs. GB
11-16-2011, 10:38 PM
43.2 million watched the Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight in Mexico alone now that is a success.

-Swizzy-
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
43.2 million watched the Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight in Mexico alone now that is a success.

60+million watched Cain-DosSantos in Brazil alone.

btw, the 8.8 mill is from the US alone.

TR vs. GB
11-16-2011, 11:01 PM

would love to see proof of that.

-Swizzy-
11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
would love to see proof of that.

http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/60-million-estimated-to-have-watch-ufc-on-fox-in-brazil/

stop hatin son.

TR vs. GB
11-16-2011, 11:10 PM
http://www.fightofthenight.com/news/60-million-estimated-to-have-watch-ufc-on-fox-in-brazil/

stop hatin son.

According to Dana White.... Come on man lol read the comment Randy left on your link.

Do not take anything this man says seriously.

TR vs. GB
11-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Stop being a zuffa zombie son.

chiguy91
11-16-2011, 11:57 PM
that's great to hear man, i think if they have a night without boxing on they could do better, especially if they show more than one fight. it would be sick to see for them to show someone like gsp or jon jones, do you think dana would put another big name on fox? i assume he would have to just to secure a good rating.

Anthony342
11-17-2011, 12:52 AM
So really the show was a major success. They were just slick and flipped it when their was actual fighting. Damn good numbers from the first fight. With a sick full card like last weekend those numbers will get huge.

Whose the guy in your avatar? Looks familiar.

-Swizzy-
11-17-2011, 01:20 AM
According to Dana White.... Come on man lol read the comment Randy left on your link.

Do not take anything this man says seriously.
Stop being a zuffa zombie son.

lol, if anything I'm a pride zombie.

and I could care less either way. as long as it did at least 1 viewer(me) then I am happy cuz I got to see the fight.

$BloodyNate$
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Whose the guy in your avatar? Looks familiar.

James Kirkland. Dude that just knocked alfredo Angulo silly.

-Swizzy-
11-17-2011, 06:41 PM
8.8 doesn't included the dvr recorded views and Fox deportes. So when those numbers come in, it is expected to be well over 9.5 million.

kaps
11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
TR hatin. It's all good though...

PlayerKiller
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM

People paid to watch Pac VS JMM.

And don't even get me started on how many Filipino's watched the fight.

Anthony342
11-18-2011, 04:38 AM
James Kirkland. Dude that just knocked alfredo Angulo silly.

Cool thanks. I just got a copy of that fight. Sounds like a good one. Maybe next time Dana White will show a full main card and not just one fight on Fox.

monaroCountry
11-18-2011, 05:26 AM

Not even close.

That wasnt anywhere near the most watched MMA fight in America and especially not in Japan.

Unlike the 8.8 million (peak), these figures below are the average viewerships.

The 60 million viewership boast by Dana White in brazil is very far fetched, thats practically 31% of the population in Brazil. The only sport that could ever approach those numbers is football.

MOST WATCHED MMA FIGHTS IN JAPAN
1. BOBBY OLOGUN VS. CYRIL ABIDI 28.1 RATING (K-1 2004) - 36 million

2. KEN KANEKO VS. CHARLES "KRAZY HORSE" BENNETT 27.7 RATING (PRIDE 2005) - 35.2 million

3. RULON GARDNER VS. HIDEHIKO YOSHIDA 25.9 RATING (K-1 2004) - 32.9 million

4. HIDEHIKO YOSHIDA VS. NAOYA OGAWA 25.5 RATING (PRIDE 2005) - 32.4 million

5. KAZUSHI SAKURABA VS. YOSHIHIRO AKIYAMA 25.0 RATING (K-1 2006) - 31.75 million

6. KID YAMAMOTO VS. ISTAVAN MAJOROS 25.0 RATING (K-1 2006) - 31.75 millionMOST WATCHED MMA FIGHTS IN AMERICA
1. EliteXC on CBS (5/31/2008 ) Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson— 7.281 million viewers (Aired from 11:27 PM to 11:40 PM)

2. UFC on ****e TV (10/10/2006 ) Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock— 6.524 million viewers (Aired from 9:42 PM to 9:45 PM)

3. EliteXC on CBS (10/4/08 ) Seth Petruzelli vs. Kimbo Slice— 6.451 million viewers (Aired from 11:08 PM to 11:08 PM)

4. EliteXC on CBS (5/31/2008 ) Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith— 5.867 million viewers (Aired from 10.39 PM to 10:57 PM)

5. UFC on ****e TV (9/8/2007 ) Quinton Jackson vs. Dan Henderson— 5.811 million viewers (Aired from 11:29 PM to 12:03 AM)

6. EliteXC on CBS (5/31/2008 ) Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young— 5.508 million viewers (Aired from 10:09 PM to 10:17 PM)

UglyPug
11-18-2011, 05:40 AM
MMA and Boxing are two separate sports. . . One can have major success, and the other can still have just as much potential to have major success (in regards to PPV buys, and views) - they are not mutually exclusive.. . . I personally am not a huge fan of MMA - I'll watch it from time to time, but I just can't get into it like my beloved boxing!

monaroCountry
11-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Its also interesting to note that Rede Globo only has 44.3% viewership in Brazil. The 60 million figures that Dana is sprouting about is 31% of Brazil's total population which is practically impossible to achieve.

Like I said, only football (soccer) could achieve these numbers in Brazil.

http://www.inaglobal.fr/sites/default/files/user_uploaded/43image/GloboEng12.png

monaroCountry
11-18-2011, 06:02 AM
The three sp.ikes represent the three Manny "PacMan" Pacquiao's TV ratings in the Philippines.

In Mexico the fight also became the most watched boxing event in television history.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/2008_Philippine_daytime_ratings.png/800px-2008_Philippine_daytime_ratings.png

Harry Balls
11-18-2011, 06:59 AM
why are some retards making this **** into a boxing vs mma discussion?

both sports are doing well, and more obvious, both sports have a fair share of retards among it's fans.

-Swizzy-
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
why are some retards making this **** into a boxing vs mma discussion?

both sports are doing well, and more obvious, both sports have a fair share of retards among it's fans.

just my thoughts. this thread was about UFC ratings and not about the UFC ratings VS Boxing ratings. But some boxing fan got butt-hurt about the ratings and started spouting boxing numbers in an mma thread in an mma forum.

And now another one of those retards is coming in here posting graphs and micro-analyzing and stretching his ass out to make a point. lol

don't worry boxing fans, this is a BOXING site after all. Everyone who joins here is a boxing fan so don't feel threatened from these mma ratings. Most of us want boxing to live forever as well.

monaroCountry
11-18-2011, 02:22 PM
just my thoughts. this thread was about UFC ratings and not about the UFC ratings VS Boxing ratings. But some boxing fan got butt-hurt about the ratings and started spouting boxing numbers in an mma thread in an mma forum.

And now another one of those retards is coming in here posting graphs and micro-analyzing and stretching his ass out to make a point. lol

don't worry boxing fans, this is a BOXING site after all. Everyone who joins here is a boxing fan so don't feel threatened from these mma ratings. Most of us want boxing to live forever as well.

Im a boxing fan and I dont feel threatened.

Unlike zombies and idiots, I dont willingly believe the bull***** that comes out of Danas mouth, he isnt exactly known as being the most truthful person. Sometimes its best to come out with graphs and other factual information, instead of random bull*****s and hearsay from an unreliable source.

Ive provided facts while that 60 million figure Dana came out with came out of his a$$.

TR vs. GB
11-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Im a boxing fan and I dont feel threatened.

Unlike zombies and idiots, I dont willingly believe the bull***** that comes out of Danas mouth, he isnt exactly known as being the most truthful person. Sometimes its best to come out with graphs and other factual information, instead of random bull*****s and hearsay from an unreliable source.

Ive provided facts while that 60 million figure Dana came out with came out of his a$$.

This exactly kswizzy is fuking clown saying how 60+million watched the fight in Brazil alone when not even 15 million watched it. Its funny to when ufc 100 did not even crack 950k ppv buys and richard schafer says he will hire the best accountants to find the number and it will not even be close to the 1.6 million they said. UFC is a private organization and the numbers that are floating around about what they are doing is retarded. Morons like kswizzy who say something bc dana said it are the biggest idiots of all you just made a statement that was completely false and fiction and stated something that is not anywhere near the truth.