View Full Version : Did Tyson get beat in a prison fight?

Pastrano
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I just heard this rumor. Allegedly the movie "Undisputed" is based on Tyson's experience in the prison and they say they arranged a fight between him and some prison boxer and the guy kicked his ass, more or less. Anybody know if this may be true?

IronDanHamza
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Wesley Snipes whooped his ass. Didn't he?

La_Vibora
11-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I remember reading rumors that some guy named Tiny beat him up, not sure if it was a real boxing match, I think it was just a jail fight.

intoccabile
11-13-2011, 09:11 PM
I remember reading rumors that some guy named Tiny beat him up, not sure if it was a real boxing match, I think it was just a jail fight.

Tyson came out of prison threatning to " **** ******s until they love him ". I think that is all we need to know about what was going down in prison. Mike was bending clowns over.

aleksandrhleb
11-13-2011, 09:28 PM
i smell bullsit, the film was fiction and wishful thinking IRL tyson knocked out a screw with a single punch

Scott9945
11-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Good movie. Bullsh*t story.

killuminix
11-14-2011, 04:18 AM
hell no but the movie was pretty good tho

Pastrano
11-14-2011, 07:51 AM
All you fools forget that these prison guys train every day, opposed to boxers who train almost every day only before a fight. Plus they gotta protect their azzes, literally, so they have to be tough as nails. Stop being blind fanboys and smell the coffee-nobody is invincible! Tyson himself said there is no such thing. Thats why Buster kicked his hide.

NChristo
11-14-2011, 08:14 AM
All you fools forget that these prison guys train every day, opposed to boxers who train almost every day only before a fight. Plus they gotta protect their azzes, literally, so they have to be tough as nails. Stop being blind fanboys and smell the coffee-nobody is invincible! Tyson himself said there is no such thing. Thats why Buster kicked his hide.

Any proof or just your "rumor" ?.

The Surgeon
11-14-2011, 08:30 AM
90's Tyson couldnt fart without it being front page news, i have to doubt this rumour

bojangles1987
11-14-2011, 08:41 AM
That movie was awful, in a very funny way.

CarlosG815
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I find it very hard to believe that any man could beat Mike Tyson in a prison fight one on one hand to hand.

Scott9945
11-14-2011, 01:07 PM

Buster was a professional boxer, not a prison inmate. And prisoners are considerably more limited in their physical training than any pro. They don't get sparring partners, 5 mile jogs on country roads, nutritional supplements, etc.

The only evidence you seem to offer is a movie written with one character very loosely based on Mike Tyson. And we're the blind fanboys? :rofl:

Great John L
11-14-2011, 01:22 PM
To think a prison tough guy wannabee who is limited to basically just doing push ups and situps most of the time could ever beat a champion boxer is silly. The guy'd die if Mike hit him, and the guy would never be able to hurt Mike.

Pastrano
11-14-2011, 02:28 PM
To think a prison tough guy wannabee who is limited to basically just doing push ups and situps most of the time could ever beat a champion boxer is silly. The guy'd die if Mike hit him, and the guy would never be able to hurt Mike.

Dumb statement. You realize how hardened these inmates are? They are used to taking punches and believe it or not, people have survived a beating from Mike. If his wife could, so can a prisoner.:lol1:

JAB5239
11-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Dumb statement. You realize how hardened these inmates are? They are used to taking punches and believe it or not, people have survived a beating from Mike. If his wife could, so can a prisoner.:lol:

Im sure there are some guys in the joint who could beat Mike, but most would piss themselves with fear at the thought of fighting him 1 on 1. And dont kid yourself, not every person in prison is use to taking punches, and none of them are use to taking them from a trained, all time great heavyweight.

NChristo
11-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh hi NChristo, now I remember you, yea, you are that tool and wanka.:wave:

More insults, no substance, good ol Pastrano.

TAC602
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Tyson said he felt safer in there than out in society.

Ultimately an individuals fantasy to imagine Mike being punked in prison. Didn't happen. Probably went his entire stint without a cowardly confrontation. Even the typical prison jokes garner a lazy roll of the eyes. Pick somebody else.

Scott9945
11-14-2011, 03:16 PM
More insults, no substance, good ol Pastrano.

SCTrojansbaby > Pastrano

Yes, seriously.

NChristo
11-14-2011, 03:36 PM
SCTrojansbaby > Pastrano

Yes, seriously.

Agreed, isn't the place for it but oh well, I liked SC and his whole different outlook on everything, been insulted by Pastrano numerous times just for trying to debate with him (this time was probably called for as my post was obviously a piss take and I deleted it) or questioning how he rated boxers e.g in one thread on Hearns he said it didn't matter who you beat but how you looked and literally an hour later in a Roy Jones thread he said he doesn't rate because it's easy to look invincible against limited opposition, I question this and I'm a ''stupid idiot tosser''.

Back on topic, I don't see any 'hardened' prisoner taking on Mike no matter how much prison training is done, maybe if the prisoner had a background in martial arts and kicked Mike's legs out before he was able to punch or if they was built like a tank they could probably out muscle him in a grapple or choke him out, I've personally never heard the rumor. Hand to hand it's not happening.
I think sometimes people don't realize just how hard a boxer hits, even on journey man level these people have been training for a long long time to hit hard and take out their opponent as effectively as possible.

The Surgeon
11-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Agreed, isn't the place for it but oh well, I liked SC and his whole different outlook on everything

Why do u speak in past tense? SC gone?

Tiozzo
11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
This rumour has had a long life and has been spreaded around the world.

Who knows ?

I wonder if Tyson has ever been asked personnaly. Today's Tyson, as humble as he has become and as soft hearted, would probably admit that he got whooped if that was the case :lol1:

Great John L
11-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Dumb statement. You realize how hardened these inmates are? They are used to taking punches and believe it or not, people have survived a beating from Mike. If his wife could, so can a prisoner.:lol1:

I'm the one with the dumb statement? You just said a prison inmate could potentially beat Mike Tyson, a champion knockout artist in a fight. You're argument is that they're "hardened"? From what? All the crack that's completely ruined their bodily health and their little Nazi tattoos? So boxing at the championship level doesn't "harden" you? Yeah, used to taking punches, sure. Because jails are full of Mike Tysons. They can't even fight without a dozen cops jumping on them and throwing them in solitary confinement and you think that qualifies as good sparring in preparation for fighting a heavyweight champion? What about trainign? DO you think they hit bags, run miles, spar, shadow box, too? And you're point with Robin Givens is just as bad. Mike obviously didn't hit Robin with anywhere near the force he could because he'd kill her. In you're world Mike can knock professional boxers completely unconscious but can't knock out a woman? How does that work? If prison inmates could really fight, they would've made a career of that instead of being child molestors and crack dealers.

NChristo
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Why do u speak in past tense? SC gone?

Thought he was banned but he's posting again now so never mind.

La_Vibora
11-15-2011, 12:22 AM
The only evidence you seem to offer is a movie written with one character very loosely based on Mike Tyson. And we're the blind fanboys? :rofl:

I actually heard this rumor a few years before the movie came out.

joseph5620
11-15-2011, 01:16 AM
I actually heard this rumor a few years before the movie came out.

And that's all it ever was.

joseph5620
11-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Buster was a professional boxer, not a prison inmate. And prisoners are considerably more limited in their physical training than any pro. They don't get sparring partners, 5 mile jogs on country roads, nutritional supplements, etc.

Agreed. Anybody who believes "undisputed" was based on facts is just downright stupid.

Silkster
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Mike had lots of respect from jail dudes too. I personally know cats mikes age who were locked down in the 90s and all of them, mike is a god to them. He was from the streets an the pen an came up to become the undisputed champion.

Even if we are dumb enough to assume any inmate could kick mikes ass in 92, you have to know that if someone did fight mike, mike wouldn't even have to defend himself. Prison gangs would rape torture an kill any man that got outta line with mike out of respect.

That's why mike said he felt more love on the inside. On the outside he was a target, on the inside he was a don, untouchable.

$BloodyNate$
11-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Boxing doesnt make u some unstoppable warrior u guys are God damn silly. Any man can ko any man on any given day. Anybody can be beat. Anything is possible.

And LOL at prisoners being afraid of tyson. Why would a prisoner be afraid or tyson nevertheless any man when their already serving life sentences. Their are badder crazier mem then tyson in there.

NChristo
11-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Boxing doesnt make u some unstoppable warrior u guys are God damn silly. Any man can ko any man on any given day. Anybody can be beat. Anything is possible.

And LOL at prisoners being afraid of tyson. Why would a prisoner be afraid or tyson nevertheless any man when their already serving life sentences. Their are badder crazier mem then tyson in there.

So just on the fact that anyone can be beat you think a random prisoner beat Mike in hand to hand ?, of course some prisoners are going to be afraid of him, as soon as you get into prison you don't turn into some fearless beast, they'd probably be afraid of his because physically he looks very intimidating and probably because he's been taking out professional athletes in few rounds. Being 'bad' and / or 'crazy' doesn't mean you can take out a proffesional fighter, stabbing, shooting or killing someone another way doesn't mean you can take out a professional fighter, being a rapist doesn't mean you can take out a professional fighter, being a thief doesn't mean you can take out a professional fighter and being any of those things doesn't turn you into some kind of fearless fighting machine.

Silkster
11-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah there crazier guys in prison than mike but how many of them were 22 when mike got locked up and had been receiving world class fighting training with top notch equipment sense the age of of 13 with a specialized diet designed to maximize results. How many had experience in decimating the worlds best fighters on a regular basis?
The correct answer is not one. Prison food sucks and is unhealthy. That's why jail has been known to turn athletes into fatasses. For every badass in the pen with a 6 pack, there is 100 overweight soft punks that can't win a fight without 5 other homies or a shank.

$BloodyNate$
11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
So just on the fact that anyone can be beat you think a random prisoner beat Mike in hand to hand ?, of course some prisoners are going to be afraid of him, as soon as you get into prison you don't turn into some fearless beast, they'd probably be afraid of his because physically he looks very intimidating and probably because he's been taking out professional athletes in few rounds. Being 'bad' and / or 'crazy' doesn't mean you can take out a proffesional fighter, stabbing, shooting or killing someone another way doesn't mean you can take out a professional fighter, being a rapist doesn't mean you can take out a professional fighter, being a thief doesn't mean you can take out a professional fighter and being any of those things doesn't turn you into some kind of fearless fighting machine.

Yeah but i dont think anybody would be dumb enough to say hey mike lets fight and make it fair. If he did get beat up somebody would have jumped him. Thats just prison way. Im just saying its like religión you cant prove it happened or didnt happen. For all we know somebody could have made hopkins or kirkland their biitch too.

Tyson is a once in a lifetime crazy boxer but in the real world theirs plenty of crazy badder people. You see vídeos of kids in the ghettos throwing cats and dogs off roofs not to mention alotta inmates probably didnt know who mike was If they were serving life sentences. Maybe somebody said the heavyweight champ was their but im sure alot of em never saw him fight to really be scared.

The Surgeon
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Plenty of people who are prone to stupid decisions in prison.... I dont doubt a few had a pop. I mean imagine being able to say and mean it - I KO'd the HW champ. People wanna take a shot. Then again most would be ***** scared and more still completely outmatched. Boxing is a sport though, i know hard punching boxers who have had the ***** kicked out of them on the streets (hardly HW champs but neither were the guys who did it as hard as some of the inmates id guess).

Still between the fact that Mike was one VICIOUS mother who could Really Bang and had a style suited to the street and the fact that he was a well liked champion, deep hip hop connections and stuff, Had a boat load of cash which inmates would love a piece of (i can imagine everyone sucking up, hoping for cash and things) - I cant see it being true. Not impossible but unlikely

Pastrano
11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
You guys are forgetting that both Liston and Lyle started boxing in prison and were prison champs. Two guys that were some of the most lethal fighters and punchers in the history of sport. Maybe they'd hit as hard had they not gone to prison, but I got no doubt that their ferociousness was sharpened by their stay behind bars. Tyson on the other hand had already seen his best days in the ring when he went to prison and even tho he grew up on the street, he had never been behind bars. Its a totally different experience. On the street, you can run away if someone is threatening to beat or cut u up, but in jail, where u gonna run? Can't hide behind the guards' sleeves all the time. You gotta toughen up or you're dead.

The Surgeon
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
You guys are forgetting that both Liston and Lyle started boxing in prison and were prison champs. Two guys that were some of the most lethal fighters and punchers in the history of sport. Maybe they'd hit as hard had they not gone to prison, but I got no doubt that their ferociousness was sharpened by their stay behind bars. Tyson on the other hand had already seen his best days in the ring when he went to prison and even tho he grew up on the street, he had never been behind bars. Its a totally different experience. On the street, you can run away if someone is threatening to beat or cut u up, but in jail, where u gonna run? Can't hide behind the guards' sleeves all the time. You gotta toughen up or you're dead.

Fighting in jail is very difficult and it happens relatively rarely. It aint like in the movies man, the gaurds are on ur ass in a hurry, guards give far more beatings than cons

Omega-Red
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Im sure there are some guys in the joint who could beat Mike, but most would piss themselves with fear at the thought of fighting him 1 on 1. .

This is the bottom line I think.

Pastrano
11-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Fighting in jail is very difficult and it happens relatively rarely. It aint like in the movies man, the gaurds are on ur ass in a hurry, guards give far more beatings than cons

I didn't mean THAT kind of fighting, lol. They got boxing teams in prison and you can train boxing there and fight. Much like in the normal world. Lyle was on the boxing team in his prison. And he only lost his first prison match, he won all the rest. Not sure how many he had. Sonny Liston also boxed in prison, although it seems not as much as Lyle.

letsgobrady
11-15-2011, 04:56 PM
everyone in jail is not a killer. did tyson go to jail for murder? just because your in jail doesn't make you a tough guy there are plenty reasons for going to jail.

The Surgeon
11-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I didn't mean THAT kind of fighting, lol. They got boxing teams in prison and you can train boxing there and fight. Much like in the normal world. Lyle was on the boxing team in his prison. And he only lost his first prison match, he won all the rest. Not sure how many he had. Sonny Liston also boxed in prison, although it seems not as much as Lyle.

Ok my bad, i heard the rumour was Tyson just took a beating though, not in the ring. If it was in the ring then im like 99% sure it didnt happen